Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jarronus looked at the paladin, "Stand guard for the moment. Royal guards only need two on either wall, this area is semi-permanent. Meaning it will exist until I die."

Soon they had a full house with three sets of gloves of summoning found. He pulled the items out and immediately dropped two necromantic weapons out of the three.

He looked at the Paladin, "Detect magic on those two weapons and the one I gave you earlier." Then hold your blade as you are still in the Palace and a Knight Paladin. The Queen will want them questioned."

He looked pissed. Jarronus pointed, "Outside the room, I am still a Count as well."

He nodded and waved the Royal guards to stand near the entrance. "Keep the portal open."

The Queen came in, "What in the hells just happened?"

He smiled, "Well you Majesty. The four ladies found out I am a bit more than they could handle."

Queen Goldeagle sighed, "With the clerics?"

He nodded, "We need Amy Silvertree. We have three necromantic weapons from the grand clerics. Two of them were in the gloves of storing. Are any of them House Patrons? Tow of them had draconic runes on them, tracking and listening. The first two I brought you."

She sighed, "Only all of them! What is the purpose of these runes they have?"

He shook his head, "Royal Guards should search their quarters at the church. Place their houses under house arrest until you can get to the bottom of this, Your Majesty. That is my recommendation. The paladin should be sent back and tell whoever the number two is at the church that you would like a meeting with them immediately.

All paladins should use detect magic when talking with them. If you get a necromancy aura subdue and capture. Many types of rings can cause this. Some if you kill them you will be facing down a dragon ready to kill you and anyone in the area. I know you are brave but, in this case, we need answers first.

Break their hands behind the wrist if you encounter any. Bring them here. I can see them and tell you which rings are safe to remove and which ones need to be placed in the cells with the large spikes before we take them off. These new 'charges' started a week ago When I was unconscious. As to the runes, they know where they are and are in league with Dragons of one type or another. Chromatics most likely, Your Majesty.

As to wearing them out, I was given a gift by the dying god Helnar. It increased my virility even more than what I had before without a constitution item. The necklace added a mild constitution ability to it from my draconic heritage and Bahumut's efforts apparently on Jazzia.

Not counting what Eldar gave all of his offspring. I am hitting what Eldar did back in his day with six wives. I just happen to have more to work with, Your Majesty. As you know."

She turned red, "I do apologize about walking in on you naked like that after your near-death experience saving my life."

He chuckled and held his fist in front of him, "You saw it in an unexcited state. That was what they encountered. Also got it like this, Your Majesty!"

She turned even redder.

He looked at the Paladin who waited to be dismissed to take on his tasks. "The Knight Paladin's nickname from his wives was 'stallion.' He had nothing on me. The half-dragon blood from both parent lines appears to have gifted me in certain aspects."

The Paladin chuckled. The Queen backed away, "You can go, paladin. I think the champion is done embarrassing me for the moment."

He thought, "Lady of Dreams. How bad is this problem?"

The Lady of Dreams moaned, "As bad as you feared. Stay with the Queen. Keep her in the war room. Ripples are occurring as things are happening, we had not expected. We had not predicted this encounter. Because Helnar's changes drove you to seek an outside cleric."

He stepped outside and pulled a crystal, "Guards, I want all guards pulled inside. Secured and activate the crystals on the table. There is an issue going on and it could get very bad. They are all with child. Leave three guards with the crystal but my home is already locked down."

He heard back, "Understood, Count Silvertree."

He stepped inside, "There were 6 former House Silvertree members who attacked me this morning, your Majesty."

She sighed, "Then the 24 who had gear sent here by the lady."

Jarronus shook his head, "Those were assassins from outside the area. Not counting the 6 at the wedding that Duke Strong Oak is supposed to bring, Your Majesty."

She sighed, "I should head back to the throne room."

He blocked her way, "I cannot allow that, Your Majesty. The Lady of Dreams said to stay by you and keep you in the War Room."

She looked at the two guards, "Inform my husband his presence is requested!"

They took off for the throne room. He walked back, "Seal dungeon portal."

He walked back up front. The King ran in, "The Palace is being attacked by dragons!"

Jarronus pulled a red crystal, "Majisa the Eleven Palace is under attack!"

No response.

He thought, "Damn it."

He looked at the Queen, "She is either in a shelter or under attack herself or both, Your Majesty. I am sealing you in for a day. You see prisoners or the forge you know I was killed."

The Queen looked at him, "What about staying by my side?"

He nodded, "One teleport out and another back, Your Majesty"

She nodded, "Do not stay and fight."

He nodded, "Seal portal one day or until I open it."

He teleported to the Dragon lands and they were not being attacked and looked at the dragon, "Inform Princess Majisa the Elven Palace is being attacked by chromatic dragons right now! I am Count Jarronus Silvertree." He threw open the portal to the shelter. "NOW!"

He teleported back to find the floor slanted. He used the fly from his armor. Unseal portal."

Jarronus got inside. "Move to the back bedroom. I am holding this crystal open. I would close the portal but the floor is slanted. We will see how long the walls stand."

They moved in the back. His crystal lit up, "Jarronus?"

Jarronus sighed, "Yes Your Majesty, dragon, or dragons in the Palace! By the time I got back, gone only a few seconds, the conference room floor is slanted from the building being damaged!"

She groaned, "I have your uncles en route to the conference room with others."

They had 12 teleported into the room and they started sliding down and Jarronus threw a wall of force to create a temporary floor. They looked at him and nodded. "I have the Dwarven King with the elven King and Queen in here."

They nodded and went in search of the problem. About that point, a red dragon appeared at the double doors. Jarronus threw up a force wall before it hit the silver dragons, the red dragon disintegrated the force wall with something. Jarronus bought the silvers time to change form but the damage to the room was immense now.

They all breathed on the red. Jarronus hit him with a disintegrate from the portal and took off half of his head. They flew up and climbed out of the doors. He sighed and watched the door. Twenty minutes later and the twelve who arrived returned. He cast a force wall floor for him.

His Uncle Nirman looked at him, "Three of them, all dead. Damage is extensive to the Palace."

He waved them inside. Jarronus yelled out, "Your Majesty. Safe to come out. They walked out with the Dwarven King. Jarronus looked out but held them back, "Three dragons extensive damage. I helped the Silvers with the red in the doorway."

They nodded in confirmation as Nirman spoke, "A white and a black. Majisa is sending cleaners to collect them. They melted down your throne room and froze whichever guards were on duty."

Jarronus looked at him, "Can you get an aerial view for the Queen. We had paladins headed to the churches to bring some members in for questioning."

He nodded, "Will be right back."

They took off. After an hour Jarronus pulled a crystal, "Majisa did you recall your forces here?"

She sighed, "Yes, we had another attack. Sorry for the delay. Your uncle said three of your churches were destroyed or heavily damaged."

He thought, "Let me guess Corellon Larethian, the Lady of Dreams and which other church?"

He heard back from the Lady of Dreams, "Corellon Larethian, Vandria Gilmadrith, and mine. New Moon is dead. He was at the church. We have not decided what we are going to do just yet."

He thought, "An elf-blooded replacement being delivered today would work."

He heard silence. He looked back as he sat down, "New Moon is dead, three churches destroyed. Vandria Gilmadrith, Corellon Larethian, and the Lady of Dreams churches. Do you have a Crystal to Strong Oak?"

She nodded and contacted him. Jarronus sighed, "Cousin, New Moon is dead. Vandria Gilmadrith, Corellon Larethian, and the Lady of Dreams churches are destroyed. Someone needs to find New Moon's Blade."

He sighed, "I am on my way there."

Jarronus yelled, "The Palace is heavily damaged as well. The King and Queen are safe with me in the war room."

Jarronus heard him groan and then the ceiling groaned. Jarronus pulled back and threw himself over the Queen, "Close portal!"

She looked at Jarronus, "Was that really necessary?"

He nodded, "Yes, Your Majesty."

He moved off of her and pulled the 2-foot piece of wood out of his back. He used what was left of his lay on hands-on himself. Jarronus set it down and she looked at it, "You keep saving my life!"

Jarronus nodded, "Doing what I can in that regard. I picked up a lay-on-hands ability from this Helnar. I just used the last of it to help stop the bleeding. Move back please and I will see if there is anything left of the ceiling, your Majesty."

She moved back, "Open portal." Some debris fell inside. He pushed it back and looked, "Partly cloudy day, Your Majesty."

She groaned. Jarronus looked across at some Royal Guards and sighed. Jarronus threw a disintegrate at one and destroyed him, "Where is your Captain? Where in the fuck are his glasses!"

The guy sighed, "The Captain you just killed?!"

He nodded, "The dragon I just killed. The King and Queen are safe. Find his glasses, you have a temporary promotion."

He looked at Jarronus, "You cannot do that."

Jarronus smiled and looked at the man next to him, "Pick up those glasses and you get the temporary promotion. I am Count Silvertree, the one the Queen put in charge of looking into her security concerns. One of which was her Captains not listening about wearing those fucking things!"

The man scrambled and picked them up and put them on. Jarronus looked at him, "Get her a body count, check which parts of the Palace are undamaged. Bring in all Royal Guards. Get the fucking army on the front grass! Units were supposed to be closer and we have yet to see a single military person!"

He cast up another force wall and made it permanent. He stepped out looked around, "I made the wall out here permanent for now." Jarronus pulled the crystal, "Majisa?"

She replied, "We have some ready to come back."

He sighed, "Send Amy Silvertree as well."

She sighed, "I cannot she got caught out in the open. She is dead, it was like they targeted her. You need someone interrogated, I take it?"

He nodded to himself, "Yes, 13 of them at the moment, but I suspect that number will grow by a factor of 2 to 10. The other elven champion is also dead."

He heard her sigh, "I will have the one known as lady Charlemagne come. She is probably the most powerful one we have now."

He sighed, "Except for your father."

She groaned, "True. Will see if he feels up to it or not."

A few minutes later and we had three silver dragons. One female. She looked shocked at the moment.

Jarronus waved her forward, "Jarronus Silvertree. They are in here. Your name is not lost on me, brave lady."

She nodded and walked forward. He looked over, "Seal portal." He walked over, "Unseal dungeon portal!"

Jarronus walked them inside. "Three churches destroyed since you have been locked up. Dragons! Vandria Gilmadrith, Corellon Larethian, and the Lady of Dreams churches!"

Start with that one with the broken arm, "He tried to stab me."

She nodded and he walked back to the main portal, "Open portal. Jarronus saw an army officer across the way, "Where in the hells were you earlier?!"

He looked at Jarronus, "Who are you to be asking?"

Jarronus stepped out and teleported next to him and teleported him back across and threw him inside, "You can answer that question for the Queen if you will not answer it for me."

He looked over and the Queen glared at him.

He finally opened his mouth, "I was being detained by a paladin."

Jarronus nodded and picked him up. "Where is that Paladin?"

He looked at Jarronus, "Dead."

Jarronus sighed, "By your hand?"

He nodded, "Said my house was under house arrest."

He smiled, "It is! Strip!"

He went to stand and Jarronus got between him and the Queen. He looked at him, "Do not even think of trying anything funny. You will find your own severed hands shoved in your ass wishing you could shit! Seal portal."

Jarronus had his blade next to the officer's ear. "I will not repeat myself."

He stripped out of his armor and dropped his weapon belt. Jarronus told him, "Put those on." He put the manacles on. Jarronus removed the invisible gloves off of him with lockpicks and pulled the rings off. Jarronus looked at him, "Which asshole grand cleric do you answer to?"

He looked at Jarronus, "Corellon."

He nodded, "The one who tried to stab me until I broke his fucking arm in the middle of the throne room."

He took him back to Charlemagne, "Another mind. Relative of the one you are working with."

She sighed, "Is he in the army?"

He nodded. She pointed, "Works for the Draoc-lich. Put him in another room. It will take me days to do what she did in hours."

He nodded. Jarronus stuck him in another cell and sealed him away.

He walked out, "Unseal portal."

Jarronus thought, "Can I leave her to this so I can check in on my wives."

The Lady of Dreams sigh, "Yes they are fit to be tied."

He looked at the Queen, "Going home for a bit. Seal yourself in. I will try and find out what is going on when I have two more with me. The officer works for the Draco-lich, by the way, likely true for both Grand Clerics I brought in given the runes, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "Thank you for looking after me. I will be praying for answers to this one."

He accessed the crystal and figured he better test them. "Any word from my wives?"

He heard an unfamiliar voice, "Yes they were asking when you would be home."

Jarronus glared, "Tell them I am establishing the new secure shelter out at the new Duchy. I will be back tomorrow."

He heard a sigh, "They will not be happy."

Jarronus smiled, "Have them contact me then." Jarronus let the crystal die. He drew his sword. He teleported into the home and saw a dozen non-guards and he unloaded chain lightning on them and again. Three teleported away and nine bodies were on the ground. He opened the door to his guards and saw a bunch of dead.

He looked over and the wall had been destroyed. Jarronus looked and they were more disinherited Silvertree members. He stripped down their bodies and threw them into the one home for the guards and sealed it. "Unseal portal."

He had four ladies who looked fit to be tied. He held up a hand, "Keep portal open seal entryway. He looked at the ladies, "The Capital is a wreck. Three churches destroyed; the front half of this home destroyed." He ensured the teleport blocker was on.

He sighed, "The Palace is missing floors and in some places the roof. Every grand cleric corrupted, at least one army commander. I will tell you the cleric I brought by confirmed you are pregnant with three each all gestalts. I doubt that cleric is still alive as that is one of the churches destroyed. I just killed another 9-former House Silvertree members. Not counting 6 this morning. Karti'Ros sword alerted, "Danger."

Jarronus turned and had the three would-be assassins return, "Seal portal. Activate entry security."

They did not scream for long, "Make that 18. Amy Silvertree, the last neutral dragon, is dead, 3 chromatics were killed in the Palace. I need all of you to remain here. Do not lower the teleport blocker or the entryway shield for anyone."

Brima shook her head, "I am going with you."

Mirama nodded, "Same."

Jarronus looked at the other two, "Will you stay here and await our return. Trust nobody but a Moon Blade wielder with news of anything happening to us. Have them draw their blade. Look at the runes. New Moon the other champion is also dead. Deactivate entryway security, open portal. All 50 of our guards on duty are also dead.

Use Moon Ray his sword has danger sense as well. It will sense other Moon Blades."

He got hugged by the four of them and He winced and he was turned by Mirama, "What happened here?"

Jarronus looked at her, "Besides a roof collapse? Saving the Queen again?"

She threw some healing into him from a wand.

He looked over, "Seal portal." Lower entryway wall. Jarronus went throughout what remained of the three bodies and decided it was a wasted effort. He waved the other 2 through, Entryway wall up. "Portal open." He sloshed the bags of meat out into the main house. He looked around and stepped out. The other 2 joined him, "Seal portal for twenty-four hours or until I release." Jarronus stood over the three bodies.

He waved them back. Jarronus teleported them to the circle out front but at 20,000 feet. he teleported back to the ladies. Jarronus teleported them all to the front of the Palace. They were immediately challenged. Jarronus looked at the man in front of me, "Name and rank soldier!"

He looked at Jarronus, "My job to ask you! what you are doing here?!"

Jarronus looked at him, "Determining if you are a waste of flesh or not. I am Count Silvertree. Now, who the in the fuck are you!"

He looked back, "I am Lieutenant Summer Moon."

Jarronus looked at him, "Where is your superior officer?"

He pointed, "Went inside hours ago. Told me nobody is allowed to enter."

Jarronus nodded, "Grand cleric of Corellon Larethian relative?"

He nodded. Jarronus sighed, "Under arrest. That makes you in charge out here. The charge is treason. The King and Queen are alive and well. Contact his superior and get their asses and his units here."

He looked at Jarronus, "He will want to know who is giving the order." Jarronus looked at him, "I told you who I am! Count Silvertree Knight Champion to Corellon Larethian. I am in charge of security concerns by the direction of the Queen! He has issues with that, tell him to get his ass here! I will take a pound of flesh out of his ass for dereliction of duty prior to taking him to see the Queen.

She will have his ass nailed to her collapsing floors! For the army's failure to respond to the dragon attack! I will be just inside. I want to see the state of the throne room. Where are the Royal Guards?"

He pointed back, "Kept out."

Jarronus looked at him and shoved him against the wall, "Fix it! You do not have the authority to interfere with Royal Guards! Not at the fucking Palace! ARE YOU A COMPLETE FUCKING MORON!"

Jarronus release him and he ran to wave them forward. He looked at the Captain approaching, "GET YOUR FUCKING GLASSES ON!" This was one he had not met before Jarronus walked away from the ladies as this guard captain yelled at Jarronus, "Who are you?"

Jarronus teleported in behind the man behind him and Ran him through.

Jarronus looked at him, "The one here who does not need glasses to see them!"

The Guard Captain put on his glasses as he let the body hit the ground. "You wake up in the morning you better have those things embedded into your head or you will find yourself conscripted in as a private in the army. I am Count Silvertree. Who is your second?" He pointed at the man Jarronus just killed.

1...678910...15