Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They do have a Moon Blade Wielder in the area. As well as Moon Ray who lives in that area. I left him at Silvertree Estates as he wanted to know what was going on, Your Majesty."

She sighed, "You know your way to the conference room. Wait there. I will have food sent up and work on getting all of these assets in place."

He bowed to her and left her audience chamber. He headed for the stairs when he saw the hidden drow in the crowd. Karti'Ros alerted, "Danger!"

Jarronus thought back, "I see him."

He turned and walked straight toward him. He looked shocked and pulled up a hand crossbow. Jarronus hit him with a thunder wave. As he hit Jarronus in the arm with a bolt. He sent the Drow and two guards flying. He called out, "Drow spy in the throne room!"

Jarronus went forward as the drow got to his feet. He summoned his bow and shot for his chest and caught him in the right foot. He put the bow away as he screamed in pain. He went forward and knocked his ass out cold. He pulled the ring he was wearing to hide his presence. The two guards he knocked over backed off after that. He manacled his hands together. He pulled a delay poison potion from his bag of holding and poured it down his throat.

He dragged him by the manacles. The Guard Captain looked at Jarronus, "Where are you going?"

Jarronus looked at him, "Where we need to go. Where the Queen directed me. You, Guard Captain, should wear your fucking glasses. Your an idiot for not having them on."

Jarronus drug him up to the fourth floor. He cast up a shelter and took him inside. He stripped him down and attached the manacles on his hands to his one ankle while he was seated in a chair. He was going nowhere. The guards watched what he did. Jarronus went over to the table and ordered up food for the guards and himself.

He left the portal open and looked at the guard, "My home if you will. I have a permanent one in Quatarsia that belongs to the Silvertree family. The closest thing I have to a home is in a town that wants nothing to do with me."

30 minutes later and the Queen arrived with 6 guards. She saw the portal and the naked drow male sitting there.

Jarronus looked at her, "We had psionics in the elven kingdom from the Silvertree line, your Majesty. If we pulled birth records from Quatarsia against marriage records of any females who left House Silvertree we might find a descendant who has the talent to probe into his mind. Else we are forced to have our dragon allies try and do it.

They all have a measure of ability but the last neutral and powerful psionic was Amy. I do not know if she still lives. Another option. She was Silvertree by marriage and the last of the truly psionic dragons."

She stepped out and got onto a crystal and talked for a good hour before dragons arrived. Including a female with purple feathers in her hair.

Jarronus nodded to her, "Amy Silvertree I assume."

She looked at Jarronus, "You must be the new champion."

He nodded, "This one makes 30 drow assassins including the drow champion who came at me earlier today. Her death destroyed House Silvertree Estates. I went through a window and against a wall to avoid most of the blast damage. The only thing still standing was the damaged Silvertree in the garden."

She nodded to him, "John was good to me. We had many children together. I did not fight as I was still carrying children. I did not return to the dragon Kingdom until after his passing, most of my children with him were women. All of the male branches carrying their father's name died off centuries ago.

But we did add a lot of psionic talent to the kingdom, as did Melia, and Annette. Though a lot of Annette's and mine were mixed through John. I feared I would be the last and did not want my talents lost to the ages. It is out there but I am the only one who still carries the Silvertree name these days, at least publicly. I know of your uncles, but they do not carry it publicly."

She walked over and went through the drow's mind. "They are coming in through a portal in the Palace district. The Goldbar estates. Though it is owned by another house they managed to infiltrate by marriage into the house. House Golden Star."

Jarronus looked at her, "There was one man from the Far East who formed that house. A Gold Bar. He was infertile and into men. That house should not exist today!"

The Queen sighed, "They have been petitioning to take over the banks from Golden Ray. They have had a number of losses recently. There are fewer than 50 remaining members of that house. The banks are getting to be too much for them. You know of this from your journal?"

Jarronus nodded, "He was working to help clear up infiltrated ships and such with the champion, the Knight Paladin Travious Silvertree. Someone could have assumed his identity that far from home. The Grand Clerics would need to check. I would look to put house Goldeagle in charge of the bank for now in cooperation with house Golden Ray.

My suggestion, your Majesty. I cannot say I know the politics of the Golden houses. While I am thinking of this, I should apologize for casting a spell and drawing a weapon in your throne room but I did capture an assassin."

She nodded. Amy looked at her closely, "He was after the Queen with no heirs. Someone hired him to kill you before the wedding. He does not know who issued the kill order. You, young Silvertree, are a target of opportunity from the Drow Ruling Council and their Champion. They want to eliminate the last Silvertree. Before you can procreate with others preferably."

He nodded, "I eliminated that Champion. That is what destroyed Silvertree Estates. They came close. I have almost 4 months before I am of age to marry and I have no candidates lined up. The Goddess wants me fucking like a bunny with multiple wives. I'm not sure I will."

Amy chuckled, "A champion's curse if you will. Perpetually horny."

Jarronus smiled, "No constitution item. My necklace deals with mental attributes and non-detection. My hope was the non-detection would get amplified. Keep them from finding me.

As that was added by a high tiered caster. I spent millions modifying and procuring personal gear. Including the Field Marshal's armor having it redone to remove the Duke's house insignia, rank and having it blacked out on command. Anything more from this would-be assassin that is useful?"

She went through his mind and started writing down all kinds of information. Finally, she stopped, "I have everything he knows. He is of no use to us."

He looked at the Queen, "Do you want his spirit reporting back to Loth, your Majesty?"

She shook her head, "No. Can we stop that?"

Jarronus put the ring on with the image of the woman in it. He killed her. He pulled the ring off, "His soul or spirit is in this ring now and her body is freed to be buried." He handed the ring to Amy, "I am not exactly welcomed at the former southern duchy these days. Even though I formally signed over the town of Quatarsia to them."

She handed it back, "It would be your job. Or one of your wives to work purifying the ring to free the elven spirits trapped in it. Silent Falls is a holy site that would welcome its Champion."

He shook his head, "Right now I hope to never need to go back there. I will leave it in my God's hands to address when and if my house dies."

---

The body was covered and taken away for burial. The others arrived for the formal meeting where Amy outlined what she had already told them. No records of the circle being destroyed. They assumed at that time it was destroyed on the other end with the explosion.

Records were examined that confirmed what the journal already revealed. House Golden Star was, in fact, a resurrected House Goldbar. The Queen decided to bring in another smaller house to help Golden Ray. House Golden Mist was chosen. Royal Guards with battle wizards went in and arrested the entirety of the Gold Star family. Including those in the Academy. The circle was destroyed.

She ordered the execution of all of them except for the youngest adult and those in the Academy. They would be allowed to finish the Academy and be immediately conscripted into the military. The house name suggested years ago by a previous champion was applied to them. To ensure when divined they knew they were members of House Fools Gold. The entire fortune was split between House Silvertree and the Crown.

Adding over 100 billion more into the Silvertree accounts. It became public knowledge that the richest house in the Kingdom behind the Royal Family was House Silvertree. Jarronus immediately sold off all business assets and holdings. Except for the main estate, for a fraction of its value over the next 2 weeks. He ordered up a new planned layout for the estate.

That had a more modest main house design. A modest stable for the horses with a small pasture. Then replanting of the entire garden area was paid for and to be completed even if he died at some point. With the construction of the home to be escalated to be done in 3 months. He lived out of guest quarters at the Palace, though he spent most of his days in the shelter.

---

Septa 13th 8477

Jarronus went to sleep and found himself at the falls with Corellon Larethian. He bent a knee to him. He sighed, "Rise my champion. I know you have lost a lot but you need to find students and wives. We figure you will be able to handle three to four wives at a time.

Jarronus looked at him, "You did something to the ring?"

He smiled, "Some of it was still in your makeup. It did not get as watered down as we thought it would. The other champion will be revealed today. This will take some of the eyes off of you."

Jarronus looked at him, "I am setting up a new house order. I want every member of the house to be in service to the crown or church in some manner. Not out to make money. I plan on turning over most of the assets to the Crown for use in getting the defense forces ready. Enchanting of any gear or weapons that need to be done is accomplished. I also want to turn over a billion gold pieces to this other champion. For his family. As to the champion's code I set."

Corellon Larethian held up a hand, "There is no champions code. I know you are upset about this constitution but to save your house, wives will be needed."

Jarronus sighed, "I am out to save the elven people, not my house. Any children I might have, legitimate or not, by the standards changed would be available. Finding women who are not interested in the money will prove to be a challenge. Why did you do this with your champions? The constitution items?"

He sighed, "Again this is not an item you are wearing, it is one your ancestor Eldar wore that modified your genetics. Add in that one of those distant ancestors married a female bronze half-dragon, as well as the gold and silver half-dragons that came from your family history. Jazzia was special, she was close but she was 90% elven and 80% dragon from the changes done to her by Bahamut. That you descend from all of them gives your family a stronger constitution and magical prowess as well. That has impacted you as well.

You have gold, silver, and bronze dragon blood in your family line over the last 9 millennium. It all played a part. As to finding those wives, two are already looking to get to know you and third will want to after you talk with her. I will help guide you in this if you let me. I know of your mistrust of my wife because of that journal entry, but Jazzia never voiced any mistrust in me. You will find two in one area.

What used to be the Duchy. You will find another in the daughter of House Silverleaf. An honorable house as you know. She has been watching your skills for a while. She is a Blade Singer. The Queen plans to have the Duchy reformed under Strong Oak as you suggested. He will be surprised by the move."

Jarronus sighed, "Another three billion in coins to the Duchy. To get geared for war and establish a firm base." He asked with a bit of sarcasm, "What about this last wife? Where will I find her?"

He smiled, "She will find you. She is already looking for you. She is one of my clerics who wished to know the champion better. She knows a lot of champions have married a cleric to have at their back and she relishes the idea of it being her. She might be the first to find you or the second. Your time for solitude is over. I expect you to be evaluating students at the Academy day after tomorrow."

Jarronus smiled, "You did not say which Academy. As I only have one home at the moment and it is not in the city but a place I would prefer to be away from."

He chuckled, "Because I already know which Academy you will look for these students. Also that you will not look to raise them there. Unburden yourself of the rings while you are there. The Queen has the other 29 from the Silvertree estate. She knows the burden of carrying them bothers you and has not figured out how to broach the subject."

He sighed and nodded, "I will broach the subject as in my return and wanting to find out if any more of those accursed rings were recovered."

He smiled, "Bahamut is granting you the ability to cast draconic magic and mythic spells. The dragon rings were destroyed. You, however, can tap into the power of that buried draconic blood we talked about. He wants you to teach mythic magic to the dragons. You will need to call a meeting today after the Duchy business and offer it to them."

Jarronus looked at him, "You realize if I can learn to cast these mythic with draconic blood, I could do the same to any elven sorcerer or mage with draconic blood? Teaching them to tap into this magic."

He smiled, "That was a part of the deal he gave us. You will be a teacher and a leader. Now get to work champion. I like your new shelter designs."

He awoke that morning with a new set of missions in life. He memorized his spells for doing permanency and found access to do three mythic in a day. He had more power than he realized at this point. He added draconic spells into his memory. He also noticed an increase in the number of lower-level spells He could hold. A couple of the draconic spells were innate in his sorcerer line of spells as well now. He packed up his gear, ate, and walked down to the throne room. He waited for the day to get started.

The court started filling in. He thought, "Karti'Ros if you sense another Moon Blade let me know which ones."

Karti'Ros responded, "Currently it is Strong Oak, Moon Ray, Goldeagle, Silverbar, and myself. Another has arrived I have not felt in ages. Silver Moon. Another four are approaching. New Moon, Tri-Moon, Silversong, and Dusk Moon."

Over the next 30 minutes, they were all present as the last 4 arrived.

He thought, "No coincidence."

He saw a red shadow in the crowd. One of the necromancy rings. He looked over and the Captain of the guard was not wearing his glasses. Jarronus thought, 'Again with these fucking stupid guards.'

Jarronus walked over to him, "You are an idiot. Where are your glasses?"

He looked at Jarronus, "I forgot them in my room and who are you to be calling me an idiot?"

Jarronus looked at him, "The one here who does not need glasses to see one of those necromantic rings in the crowd. The Master Trainer of Blade Singers, Jarronus Silvertree."

He thought to Karti'Ros, "Can you send a danger alert to the other blade wielders."

The sword chuckled, "I have never tried. Let me see If I can do that."

He looked at the wielders who came in that he knew and they all looked around. He looked at the Guard Captain, "I am the patron of House Silvertree as well. You need to order an evacuation and a lockdown of the Royal family now!"

He got a crystal but it was too late, the Queen had entered the hall to the throne room. He was left with little choice.

Jarronus shouted, "EMERGENCY EVACUATION!"

She froze and her guards rushed to get her out of there and the figure tried to move closer to the Queen. He ran around the outer edge of the crowd as people ran for the exit. The Ring came off and an adult red dragon was in the Palace. It went into a running lurch headed for the Queen.

Jarronus cast a force web upon it dropping it to the ground. Fourteen Moon Blades struck into the creature until it was dead. Seven elves died when it transformed and crushed those in the crowd as it had advanced.

He looked at the Guard Captain, "I would get someone to grab your fucking glasses now! Let the Queen know the 14 Moon Blade Wielders handled the fucking red dragon."

Moon Bow looked at Jarronus, "My sword does not have a danger sense. When it told me there was danger nearby, I started looking."

Sherana Silver Ring looked over, "Mine does not either." He knew her from watching the tournaments, she won twice over 40 years ago before she got the sword.

Silver Moon looked at them, "Mine has it but was unable to quantify the threat."

Jarronus sighed, "I asked Karti'Ros to try and alert you to the fact we had a dangerous situation. I figured if they could sense each other they could possibly warn you. I knew something was up when I counted out that all of the blades were here. Never a coincidence for them all to be in the same place at the same time.

If that is not in your journals then make sure you add that note. Consider adding it to your swords when you pass if you do not have it. Especially you Verin Goldeagle, considering how your father died, that or poison immunity. He was my friend and trainer, but your father."

He nodded at Jarronus.

One of the Queen's Royal Bodyguards looked at them, "The Queen and her husband would like to see you."

He nodded and they all followed him to a room with heavy locks.

Then into a teleportation circle to a platform that opened to a portal. They stepped inside. He looked around at a fairly similar design. He saw the Queen in the arms of her husband. He led the group forward. Jarronus bowed to them and her new husband looked at them, "Speak plainly. What in the nine hells just happened?!"

Jarronus sighed, "I called the alert. Your Guard Captain was not wearing his damned glasses. Just like the Guard Captain who was on duty the day House Silvertree was destroyed. When I found the drow in your court. This one forgot his glasses in his room. I saw the aura of one of those necromantic rings in the crowd. I alerted your Guard Captain.

Unfortunately, by that time you started to come down the hall before he could contact you to stay away. I was left with one choice. I had my Moon Blade put the other Moon Blades on a danger alert. Never tried before but I wanted to see if it would work. They got the message there was danger but I could not quantify the danger from an orc, drow, giant, or dragon before you appeared.

Danger alert does not send that level of detail to a wielder, the wielders still have to isolate it. Your safety was paramount. Someone is looking to gain from your death, this smells of an internal coup attempt.

Last time, according to my journal, there was a purge within House Goldeagle because of a coup from within. This really needs to be investigated because this is the second attempt that I am aware of. One was before your wedding with that drow that I captured and executed. Last night Corellon Larethian visited me and told me Bahamut was allowing me to tap into my dragon blood to cast draconic spells and Mythic spells.

That is what dropped him down so we could kill him. I used a force web. A draconic spell that ignores magical resistance. I was not even sure it would work indoors because of space, but it went off and he went down. It could have been a she, I am assuming a male."

She moved away from her husband and wrapped her arms around him, "Thank you, Champion Silvertree."

1...45678...15