Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 10

Story Info
Enhanced Edition 2020.
78.2k words
4.84
7.6k
14
Story does not have any tags

Part 48 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silvertree Chronicles Book Ten, From the Ashes, (Enhanced Edition)

Synopsis: Mercian Silvertree's unexpected and untimely death at 466 years of age was heartbreaking. The destruction of the two most powerful Moon Blades requiring their Moon Stones to be replaced was destabilizing to the Moral of the Army still in conflict.

***Inspired by multiple fantasy environments. Not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm August 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Author's Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I originally submitted this story back in October of 2018. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

Prologue

Mia 21 9676

At the request of Corellon Larethian, Queen Goldeagle, and Mercian's Widows they had delayed the reading of the will until the sword was ready. The armor still underwent repairs during this time. The Night before the will was read, a young Vessan Silvertree was visited by the Lady of Dreams at the falls. To be here was a shock to her. She took a knee, "Lady of Dreams, I do not know why I am here. I am not a candidate for the sword."

The Lady looked at her, "Please stand. You are the next wielder of the sword but you will not be a champion."

Vessan looked at her and shook her head, "I am shit with a sword, it has been stripped of any power or benefit even remotely usable by my classes, we are at war, and there are 3 others who are way better suited. I forgot! I like women and am infertile as well! There is no reason for me to be the wielder of that blade. Add in the fact that I would not be champion means a short life!"

The lady sighed, "You are not wrong your life would be significantly shorter than planned."

She looked at the Lady of Dreams, "How long would I live if I took up the blade versus what was planned for me?"

The lady looked at her as she walked back and forth, "You would live less than a decade. You would have lived another 520+ years by our plan for you. Give or take because of the wars and the uncertainty with Dragon champions."

Vessan groaned, "You want me to throw away 5 centuries of my life? For a weapon, I do not want? Why would I do that?"

The Lady of Dreams looked at her, "Your younger brother was to be the new wielder during this time if something happened to Mercian."

Vessan looked at her, "He cannot. He is only 72. It has to be an adult according to the will. He said he was following Charlus's will setup for the blade and wanted all future blade wielders to do the same!"

The Lady nodded, "Yes, we know what he wanted and we know he is not ready to be in the middle of this fight yet. The future may have another child wielder, but we will not know for years if things will work out as we have them planned. He has much to do before that blade is in his hands.

We want him to start a family before doing so. We need him enchanting, which was part of his plan in this life. Unfortunately, the loss of two Moon Blades. The two most powerful Moon Blades, during this time, make it difficult to keep them off the field now that they are repaired. The other wielder is in a similar situation. Having a similar argument."

Vessan looked at the Lady of Dreams and screamed, "MY LOVER?!"

The Lady of Dreams nodded, "Yes. Though she does not have as long of a life expectancy as you do. She was expected to live another 230 years, with the same concerns for this war. She is wanting to know what is your answer."

Vessan looked at her, "Then I have a choice?! What happens if I turn it down? If she does?"

The Lady sighed, "The loss of morale would cause the war to go on for 20 or more years with a loss of a quarter of a million more elven lives; not counting the lives of our allies. Cutting the current elven population by over 20-50%! It would be the bloodiest war since the First Dragon Age Wars.

You would both need to do this. One blade would not work well enough. We looked at all of the permutations. You and she would cause the least amount of damage to the elven population if you did this selfless act."

Vessan shook her head, "Then I want both blades returned to full power. All of the abilities that got lost. Not just one!"

The Lady of Dreams shook her head, "You do not realize the power each blade requires to hold each ability. It is only a fraction for one but you; neither of you even together, have the required energy needed to do one blade to full power. Not those blades as powerful as they were."

Vessan looked at her, "How many abilities would we lock in using every ounce of energy?"

The Lady of Dreams sighed, "Six or seven depending on which abilities were added. But then there would be nothing to pass on. That would make you fully spirit bound to the sword and a voting member. Something we removed from the blades and we would not put that back."

Vessan groaned out, "How many would you allow for the 750 years of our lives we are giving up to make this sacrifice? This is not for us but for our families and those that follow."

The lady looked at her, "Counting your own addition into this, we could look at five on each blade. That would leave enough to pass on. None of this would occur until you had passed. It would only be for the 2 of you in this matter.

No future wielders and no other blades unless a catastrophe of this or a similar nature were riding on the outcome. You would have to survive 6 years and one of the abilities you would have to experience or be able to do it in order to add the ability.

No discussing it, putting this in the journal, and the future blade wielder will never know if you fail to reach at least 6 years. The blade will not know about this from searching your mind until after you have passed and succeeded.

You also must work diligently to get the next wielder ready; married with children on the way if not already born. These are conditions both of you will end up working."

Vessan sighed, "You cannot guide him to love but there is nothing that would keep you from telling us where my brother's wife or wives are likely to find it correct?"

She nodded, "True. In the case of Mercian, I used his stallion to guide him. Brenna wanted me to tell you, 'you are one talented negotiator. She will agree if you do because of what is at stake. She stated you could have talked me out of my clothes,' but I already chastised her about that.

She still wanted you to know because you cannot talk about this while you are alive or what each of you is leaving your swords. Though there are a few overlaps but surprisingly not many."

Vessan smiled, "There is only one I enjoy talking out of her clothes and I have done that and more already. I plan to again when we wake up."

The Lady of Dreams laughed, "I passed it to her and she agreed on all of what you have said. Which abilities did you want to do?"

Vessan looked at a list, "This one Eldar did, Mind Control Immunity, for Brannar and works for everyone.

This one, Dragon Vision, Jazzia did for everyone. That one, disease immunity, Charlus did so nobody else ever had to do it again, he went through hell for that one. The divine non-detection; Serius had a hell of a life on the run. Good for anyone. I also want danger sense but do not know how to get that."

The lady nodded, "Ask Moon Ray at the activation ceremony to send a danger warning telepathic to you. The Moon Ray Blade learned it from your family blade.

The wielder at the time wanted it for the future as well. All excellent choices and the last will be what you pass to the sword if you fail in your tasking. I have hope that you will succeed."

Vessan nodded reluctantly, "I agree then."

She smiled, "Moon Bow is doing the same one as her ability. I only mention it because you both chose that one and will get it the same manner. Time for you to wake up and claim the blade."

That evening two Moon Blades were reclaimed after being repaired Varus'Nor was active again though much weaker from the experience. Vessan updated her will and stored the armor away for her brother and next champion to avoid a fight. She asked Mercian's wives to remain to oversee the Blade wielder's home as she was out fighting.

Auga 30th 9677

Lerian Silvertree officially became an adult. His sister came home knowing that her Lover Brenna had already succeeded in this step. The introduction, but the task was many years out from completion for him because of his age. Vessan wanted to take the Dragon by the tail and get him headed down the right trail. She arrived home and went to the Blade Wielders wing. She went and knocked on his door.

Lerian opened the door, "I thought you were fighting?"

She smiled, "Not today unless you pick a fight, little brother."

He smiled, "Not today. I am an adult today and I get to set my own course. I am trying to decide which group to join."

She looked at him, "I have a favor to ask of you. Consider it a thank you for taking up this sword so it is not waiting for you today."

He sighed, "Alright, I know you could have turned it down. In a way, I am relieved it will pass me by."

She laughed, "Don't get ahead of yourself. You're not out of the woods until you are no longer one of the four youngest adults."

He sighed, "Then you better live a nice long life. What is the favor?"

She smiled, "I plan on a full life. Take up enchanting and stay out of this conflict. Unless I die on you. Then feel free to get revenge."

He looked at her, "I know I did not become a full up battle mage instead I picked up some enchanting skills. I took options in my magus abilities to allow the dual-wielding and blade somatic casting instead of the heavier armors that almost all Magus Masters pursue.

I did it because of the stories of Charlus, Mercian, and other family members, like Eldar's mother Elara and Charlemagne. I wanted to be more diverse. I am different, but why stay out of this fight?"

She looked at him, "You like girls. Gods know you have stared at mine enough. You have every curve of hers as memorized as I do and I have seen her without her clothes on. I will never have children.

We owe it to our parents that one of us continues this branch. I know she died with your twin sister giving birth to you and it is hard for you to think about that. Also, you know father died in the same battle as the champion.

We have lost over 4,000 Silvertree members in this latest war so far! I am doing what I can to stop the deaths, yet you need to do your part and start creating life. Do what I cannot do."

Lerian laughed, "Piss standing up?"

She smiled, "When you stop hitting your own feet you can say that smart ass. Let us get out of here for a while."

He nodded, "I will get a horse from the stable outside. They restrict elven warhorses to royalty and those fighting in the war. Usually the same thing, in your case, but I have a red roan I have been riding lately."

She smiled, "You name him?"

He shook his head, "Not a house horse. Too many riders take them out They are just not the same. The nicest horse we have but not an Elven War Horse."

He reached over and grabbed his tack. She was ready to take him to the far northern city of Gennaus; on the border of what they called snow-elf lands. They were nearing extinction and had an exception from this fight; to try and save their population. Provided they were fertile which had been a problem with the male population.

Almost a 6 to 1 ratio of fertile females to males. This was where the Lady of Dreams sent her and where she had been spending her downtime with her lover. Her Lover's brother's future mate worked there as well but she was not the one they were going to see today.

They had struck up a friendly conversation with each of the women every time they had returned for at least a couple of meals every month for the last 3 years. Visiting on days when one or the other was not working.

His Story

Lerian walked out of his room with his tack in hand. He was mugged by Kazzara; his great-grandmother and a talented enchanter, even draconic mythic enchanting which she wanted to teach him about. Melody was his biological 5 times removed grandmother and those 2 were still married to each other.

She kissed his cheek, "Happy birthday, and congratulations on becoming an adult today." Melody went and kissed his other cheek.

Melody did the honors and hung an amulet around Lerian's neck, "A present."

He looked at the common holy symbol that has been a coming of age gift for almost 400 years. She smiled as he stuck it inside his shirt.

Kazzara smiled, "The best one I have created to date."

She said that every time. She felt like she constantly improved every time. It had only been a few years since their husband, his great 5 times removed grandfather Mercian and the last champion died in battle.

Only the second Draconic necklace she had created since she became the Head Master Enchanter of the House.

---

Each necklace was requested to be built by Corellon himself and sent to her via Dreams by the Lady of Dreams. She was aware of this direct influence only because of a third hidden spellbook on draconic magic she had access too.

Spells she could not use without divine direction. She was one of 4 in the House who could work at this level. She had become one of the 4 heads or Master Enchanters for the House over the last 80 years of her life as she finally mastered Draconic Mythic magic.

The other 3 were nearing their end-of-life. As they broke the 700-year mark they had stopped enchanting, most of their work was consignment work for the Dragons. Work that Kazzara would be picking up she assumed at some point.

Each of the Elder Master Enchanters had wealth and each watched over a different branch or branches of the family. Only Kazzara worked on the Branch the sword had followed.

---

The other necklace has been completed a few months after Lerian's sister Vesan had claimed the blade. Kazzara was extremely top-heavy and everyone knew it but did not bring it up. She had a rough childhood.

The champion apparently liked them bigger as both his wives were far bigger than the average female elven population. Even Vessan picked up some of that trait. Lerian preferred the normal elven build; more lithe than buxom.

He walked out to a warm welcome. He had been given several presents from the family in honor of becoming an adult. A new cloak, rings, and even a new sword called 'Ice Reaver.' The piece of gear he would like to have had was the Champion's armor. His sister had it tucked away for the next champion now that it was repaired.

It took 30 minutes before his sister got him out of the house and saddled his horse for him. He got outside and Brenna was with her naturally. She kissed his cheek. He immediately became uncomfortable because his sister's words were true. She had a more typical elven build. A beautiful woman with silver hair and violet eyes.

She smiled and giggled as he tried unsuccessfully to adjust himself without being noticed. Lerian turned red as they rode to the north gate. They went out of the city and Brenna cast a teleportation circle. It was a good 10 degrees cooler here. Lerian looked out at the frozen mountains and glaciers in the distance.

Lerian smiled, "Snow-elf lands. I always wanted to visit this part of the Kingdom. Especially after reading about Eldar having a snow-elf wife."

Vessan corrected Lerian, "A pair of sisters."

He nodded, "Yes, I am thinking two wives when the time finds itself but not sisters."

Vessan smiled, "Snow-elf on your list?"

He chuckled, "Never met one, they are really rare. I heard they have too many females looking for mates so that is an option as they are looking for fertile and virile men."

They rode down into a small border town and stopped at one of the local inns. He smiled at the sign, 'Broken Glacier Inn & Pub' With a slogan below it. 'Hot enough to melt ice. Cool enough to keep the drinks cold.'

He shook his head. They walked inside and grabbed a table and there was a bard singing in the corner a song he had heard before. His Grandmother Melody wrote it about the Pegasus Riders.

The songs and tales of the Pegasus riders made her a living legend in the Elven Kingdom. The singer was talented but it was hard to see her from their table. Lerian looked at Vessan, "We could have sat closer to the bard to listen."

Vessan smiled, "We come up here a lot and this is our favorite table. We can hear just fine. You just want to ogle her."

Lerian smiled, "Hard to say as I have not seen her yet."

Vessan smiled, "You will. Many bards work here. They sing a few songs and then serve tables and collect tales."

Lerian looked at Vessan, "You are the one with the tales."

Vessan smiled and pointed with her head as the bard finished and got up.

She seemed to glide instead of walk and she headed straight toward them. He was happy she could not see the effect she had on him. Typical elven build with exotic looks; silver hair that curled around her face, pale skin with a tint of blue, and steel-grey eyes that pierced him like the northern wind. She smiled as she got to the table. She looked over, "The usual Brenna?"

She nodded and looked at Vessan, "What about you Vessan, the same?"

She smiled and nodded. Lerian looked at the two of them, "You two come up here a lot?"

The waitress bard laughed, "At least once a month for the last few years. They tell me how things are going with the war and this gives them a place far from it. Now, who might you be?"

Vessan looked at her and answered, "My younger brother Lerian, came of age today. Did not want to bring him here until he could act on his impulses."

The bard smiled, "You enjoy the song?"

Lerian nodded, "I have heard it many times but you have a voice this is as sharp as a razor. I tend to find it more entertaining to see the performer. With the way Pegasus's flew and glided through the air; if you could have glided around the room like you do walking while singing it...I think it would have added to the performance. I tried to get them to move closer but they said this was their favorite table."

She smiled, "I am Cresena Ice Walker. I like the idea. I will have to ask the owner if I could do that. Especially when it is not as crowded, like now. I find it a fantastic song of fiction."

Lerian smiled, "Not fiction. It is based on real events from the history of the Pegasus Riders."

She looked at Lerian, "You have seen their history?"

He smiled, "I am surprised my sister did not tell you. We hold the library for the Pegasus riders. Jazzia Silvertree built the arc that kept their history from being destroyed and Jarronus Silvertree retrieved it over a thousand years later.

Based on a hidden note in her journal that should have been destroyed but was kept. That led to hidden compartments in different secure shelters she had built and had made permanent. Maps, navigation charts, direction, and the location of their last relic Trasnar's Prism."

She smiled, "Your sister never told me she was of House Silvertree! What else has she been hiding?"