Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lerian went up the stairs to the room and into the War room. He looked at Lerian, "I have 5 blade wielders dead in the last 16 hours. All of them had their wills to be set at midday tomorrow."

Lerian nodded, "I know."

He looked at Lerian, "What do you know?"

Two people came out of the dungeon. Lerian looked at them, "I know of the prisoner. I warned the King about him."

One tried getting into his mind. Lerian threw him a very long form of encryption algorithm in front of them.

Lerian looked at him, "Get out of my mind or you will be missing your head!"

The King looked over, "Stop!"

The one stopped, Lerian looked at him, "I will get a few of House Silvertree's psionics to pay you a mental visit and see how much you invade other peoples' minds without the King's consent."

Lerian walked up to him and before he realized it slapped manacles onto him. "They will stop psionics as well. I will ask you this your Majesty, is his one of the houses who lost a blade today?"

He nodded, "Yes, but that one was expected."

Lerian nodded, "Silversong."

Lerian looked at the other, "Try again on the prisoner in back. You will find you have better luck. When this one is not blocking you."

The King motioned him back. Lerian looked at him, "Instructions the same. Sword to be held by the patron or elder to their branch until the will is read?"

He nodded. Lerian looked at him, "Goldeagle, Silverbar, Silversong, New Moon, and Silver Ring."

He nodded, "This is something huge isn't it?"

Lerian nodded, "Yes. Take no action other than summoning the other Moon Blade wielders here. Set each one in a different room up here to wait. We will use this room for all will readings, Start with Silversong as that one was predicted. Any other Silversong or members of those five houses I need to know about?"

He nodded, "The commander is Goldeagle. Younger brother to the Blade Wielder that died."

Lerian nodded, "I will be sure he is riled up at me but unaware that I know anything. Write your Royal arrest warrants. No need to write one for Goldia or Gildia Goldeagle. Goldia refused to take up the family blade. Instead, she chose to die with her sister. When you make the call that you will make."

He grabbed Lerian's arm, "I want you back here straight away!"

Lerian sighed, "Then I will need to Bring a certain Goldeagle and my brides who kept their house names here. I need to get a few hours of sleep and get my spells back. He sighed, "Bring them."

Lerian nodded. He teleported into the 'head' again. The commander was waiting for him. He looked at Lerian, "You have no right..."

Lerian looked at him, "I have every right. Tomorrow I will see about getting you removed from this position. Should be easy enough as you're an incompetent ass."

He walked over, "Restore access to food."

Lerian looked at him, "Commander Last name?"

He looked at Lerian, "I am not telling you that." Lerian nodded, "Fair enough I can just contact the King and get the name. Set security control and portal access to only those in the shelter. The only one authorized to change it is the blade wielder."

Lerian walked over to Right Eye.

He rushed forward, "You are not locking me out of my system!"

Lerian looked at him, "It is my system." Lerian looked inside and Commander Goldeagle stepped inside. "Lockout all controls for those inside the shelter. Security walls remain up. Seal portal."

He started to freak out as he was locked inside the shelter area. Lerian walked over to the other portal, "Bring me the crystal for the teleporter lockout. He got up and handed it to Lerian who nodded, "I will have this back to you soon."

He nodded. "Seal portal for one hour to me only."

He looked shocked. Lerian pulled a crystal, "I am knocking." He heard, "Your horse arrived back a while ago. The door is open."

Lerian teleported in. The guard looked at Lerian, "Your wives went out and brought him in. Think they are working to get ready to go look for you."

Lerian nodded and went inside. Then into his shelter. Millia was up and armored.

She yelled at Lerian, "Where have you been?"

Lerian looked at her, "House Silversong, 7 assassins, the palace, a few places."

She sighed, "Silversong sent the assassins?!"

Lerian smiled, "Attacked as soon as I left the grounds. Get young Goldeagle, Storm Blade, and Silversong. We will be at the palace this evening in the War Room. All the hells will be breaking loose. Midday, I want all exterior guards pulled in. Either into the outer homes or barracks. Until further notice. All homes go on lockdown as soon as I leave. Consider it divine direction. Cresena can take care of that. You ready for a fight Fayoni?"

She smiled and got everyone moving. Lerian looked at Fayoni, "It has happened. Four Moon Blade wielders assassinated in the last 16 hours. The fifth being Silversong. Time to dress."

He saw his saddle and knew they had him in the pasture. He walked out and knocked on the Patron's door. He woke him and he stood there naked. Lerian looked at him, "All the hells are breaking loose. House needs to go on lockdown. Guards need to be moved indoors until further notice. I am headed back to the palace. Four Blade Wielders were assassinated; all from within their own houses."

He looked at Lerian wide-eyed, "Which houses?"

Lerian sighed, "Silverbar, Goldeagle, New Moon, and Silver ring. Add in Silversong who fell in combat, and an assassin captured in the palace. Then the 7 I killed outside of Silversong. It will get worse before it gets better."

He nodded and went to get dressed. Lerian took the ladies out and nodded to the guard. He teleported them into the 'head' using one scroll and then to the fourth floor with another. Lerian took them all into the War room.

The King sighed, "You just set off a dozen alarms."

Lerian nodded, "I need to release the commander, so I will set them off again unless you wish to keep him locked up or risk us both showing up here. Him to complain."

The King nodded, "Go I will inform my guard to ignore it as I am getting briefed on events. I will let them know when to resume normal monitoring."

Lerian pointed, "Rooms up there for Young Goldeagle."

She nodded and bowed to the King." Lerian turned and stepped out. He teleported back down to the 'head' He walked over, "Portal open. He had teleported to the other side. "Security wall down."

He came and walked out, "The King will hear about this!"

Lerian nodded, "He already has. He said he would address it with the 2 of us sometime after midday. Said we will both be at the palace and we will wait until he finds the time to get us all in a room together."

He looked at Lerian, "Why are you going to the palace?"

Lerian looked at him, "One of my wives who kept her family name lost a brother in that battle and to top it off 4 blade Wielders were assassinated. He is on edge and has sent word to have all blade wielders at the palace before mid-day."

He stepped out. Lerian called out, "Entry security up, security wall up, set security and portal controls to those in the shelter only."

He seethed and teleported away. He walked over to Left Eye. "Portal open. Keep these walls up if there are any questions about monitoring House Silvertree tell them you already have and we have already gotten to the palace."

He nodded, "Is it true?"

Lerian pulled out a scroll, "I will keep this blocker for now and it is true as soon as I read this."

He nodded. Lerian teleported to the fourth floor and stepped inside.

King Goldeagle looked at him, "The commander is on his way up."

Lerian nodded and walked over, "lockout dungeon portal to all but myself and the King. If he asks about your assassin, tell him he managed to poison himself somehow and that has put you even more on edge."

He nodded. Lerian walked back to the bedroom secured it from teleportation or being opened. He left sound open. He laid down after getting undressed.

Lerian grabbed Fayoni, and slid her onto his cock again, "You got interrupted by me going to kill necromancers."

The ladies giggled as he laid back. He fucked her slowly in his sleep and got a few hours of sleep. He woke, showered, dressed, and studied his spells. He thought, "Bright as the sun."

His house colors and insignia came out. Millia nodded, "You ready?"

Lerian nodded, "Nirra and Millia with me. Fayoni, wait in here with Young Goldeagle."

Lerian walked out to a seething King, "Fucking all of them! I want to destroy them all!!"

Lerian nodded, "You have one Blade Wielder next to me, two more in waiting. The other two I do not know how their wills are worded but I am sure it will be entertaining. Do them one at a time. Save all the blade wielders except for Silverbar. Let the blade wielder get selected; several will die trying to claim the blades. They think they have corrupted 5 blades. In an attempt to keep from ruling on your future assassination."

He sighed, "Siverbar, total destruction, why?"

Lerian sighed, "One patron on patron attack on house Silvertree, 2 on the royal family where it was taken back to the blade wielder. The corruption was so bad the wielder declared that nobody in the family is worth saving.

Down to the children, he left documented proof. Yes, I know you plan on taking it that far and I am not stopping you. You need the Blades and 2 of those new wielders are my wives who have kept their family name. A third may come about in two years when she becomes of age. Yes, her.

She will give birth to one daughter under her house name and the rest will be born to my house. That one daughter is destined to marry your eldest son. Bringing the blade back into the royal family branch. The only major branch remaining at that point."

He nodded, "Now I know why the twins are so upset."

Lerian shook his head, "They knew it was coming at some point. They saw the rot in your family. They wanted to go out on their own terms. They are secured and plan to die together if they have not already."

He nodded, "Why so many being married to you?"

Lerian nodded, "Boost to the constitution and getting gestalts into those family lines. The enemy has all their champions coming in as gestalts.

They want to have options for future champions, generals, and heroes. Are all the current Moon Blade wielders here, Your Majesty?"

He nodded, "Sent last night. and I have all 5 families separated."

Lerian nodded, "Silversong and Silverbar first two up. One at a time. That will get you two more blade wielders in hiding in the War Room. Nirra is a cleric. Once all of the blades are cleared. Get General Strong Oak to clear the army. Then get several units back here to work with your royal guards.

Activate the Force wall lockout; start with your own house and work out. The capital will have to be under martial law and locked down almost immediately. Let rumors float that you may have been assassinated. You got rings of spell turning, Your Majesty?"

He nodded, "Three of them. I will switch out as needed. I am a Battlemage as well."

Lerian nodded, "Work to counter, we keep one blade wielder with a teleport blocker on the other side of a force wall with you, Your Majesty."

He nodded, "Not a bad idea. Given the assassin. He seemed slightly pleased the assassin died from poison. He hid it quickly, but I saw it. That was a good call."

Lerian nodded, "He will inform the others of that. Lower their guard some. I will keep Jennasi Goldeagle in front of the War Room. The first sign of trouble I will get her through and you. I will do the force wall for that one."

King Goldeagle nodded, "You are capable of opening it."

Lerian nodded, "Flames will start going as soon as the first one dies trying to claim the blade."

He sighed, "All my brides-to-be are secured."

Lerian thought, "Please tell me none of the blades got corrupted."

Lerian heard her sigh, "They are not corrupted but should be purified to remove any taint from that artifact."

The King stepped out and Moon Blade wielders came in with Silversong. They looked around at all of the blade wielders and the Patron looked at Lerian, "I do not want him here."

Lerian looked at her, "An assassin was found in the palace, four-blade wielders were assassinated. The King is taking no chances; that is why all the other Moon Blade wielders are here."

They tossed back cloaks to reveal blades around the room. The King cracked the will, "Everything goes to the wielder of the blade and he lists two names as capable of trying if they choose. He warns his brother that he is a fool to think he can succeed. He is first on the list.

The man swaggered forward and grabbed the blade. He screamed his head off as it pulled him in the air and burned him from the inside out and fell to the ground in a pile of ash."

The patron was shocked and pointed at Lerian, "He must have done something to it!"

Lerian shook his head and sent an alert to everyone, "Not you and that relic you tried to use to corrupt the blade when given to you? Like the other 4? I neglected to tell you the Gods started sending me visions. That is how the very much alive assassin was captured."

She moved. The Moon Blades were out when she got hit by the disintegration from the King. The others stood down. They were stripped and shackled. Taken into the dungeon. The floor cleaned. Lerian nodded to Nirra and she picked up the blade and wailed in pain. He called out, "Do not fight it."

She relaxed and she looked over at him, "That helped."

He nodded, "It will search and break down your defenses to read you."

She nodded. All of the gear was taken to a room in the shelter. Lerian pointed. "You wait back there in case healing is needed."

Silverbar was brought in next and they all kept weapons at the ready. The King called out, "This house is officially destroyed."

Three moved to attack and were cut down even more quickly.

Lerian thought, "Blade dead?"

Lerian heard Varus'Nor, "Yes. The blade is dead. It did not go quietly but knew it was coming. Loud to us."

Lerian walked over and unsheathed the blade. He slid it back in. He handed it to Fayoni, "Yours to carry until the activation ceremony and then for the rest of your life."

She nodded as he pointed her back. They stripped them down and took all the gear and put it into a different pile. In another room. Shackled prisoners were taken into cells.

Lerian stood there as the others came in from House Goldeagle. The sword was on the table. The King cracked the seal, "All goes to the blade wielder and he calls out one name but says any who wish to try and claim it, like my moron of a brother, is free to do so.' His words, not mine."

Lerian saw the commander walk forward and grab the sword. Lerian got a force wall up just before his mummified body that was devoid of moisture hit the ground. The King called out, "Each of you starting with your elder will attempt it. That is a Royal command."

Two disintegrations came in. One reflected back at least partially after the first destroyed the wall Lerian got another force wall up. As the others finished dispatching every elder in the room. Lerian lowered the wall.

Lerian nodded to Jennasi, "Do not fight it, just let it search to know you."

Nirra came out and healed up the King quickly. He nodded in appreciation.

Jennasi walked over and grabbed the sword and fell to her knees. She cried for a few seconds and it was over. She looked over, "My sword said you gave good advice."

Lerian nodded, "Got to protect the chosen wielder. 3 down and 2 to go."

The King called one woman from Silver Ring to him and then read out the will. One of the others tried and then another. Lerian shook his head as they arrested the last 2 in the room. They stripped them down while the new wielder was given the same instruction and claimed the blade.

They sent her back with her family's gear. New Moon's family came in and saw them all standing with blades drawn. They punched a young man down and started casting. Lerian disintegrated one and ran one through with Varus'Nor and four other blade holders attacked as well.

They let the body hit the floor and held the scabbard out, "They must have figured they were screwed when they saw all of the Blade wielders. Keep your mind open, do not block it and it will go faster."

He nodded and took the blade. "It was over in seconds with minimal discomfort. He nodded to Lerian, "Thank you. What was that all about?"

Lerian sighed, "The end of all of your house except for you, your wife, and children. They fell to corruption."

He nodded, "We had a paladin who had hundreds of millions given to him. They became greedy over the years."

Lerian nodded, "Came from one of my ancestors. Was meant to get troops and such but he died early in the engagement. He never tried to reclaim the money."

He nodded, "I do not know what to do about that."

Lerian smiled and told him what his ancestor did. He gave him a copy of the old house rules. He nodded, "I will look to do this."

Lerian nodded, "It was also Eldar, my ancestor who gave that blade to your family."

He nodded, "I do not blame your ancestors. They meant well by their actions."

Lerian took him in back with the King and the others. The bodies collected and stripped.

Lerian looked at everyone. "To those who have new blades. Do not use them. They are yours but there will be a purification and activation ceremony where I want all of the blade wielders at Silent Falls as soon as the King lifts Martial law. I am taking my family home. General Strong Oak the next part is yours."

He nodded, "Bailing on the battle?"

Lerian smiled, "I saved your asses and got 2 champions off the field in that battle. This next part of the fight belongs to you as I cannot clear your army. I cannot move them into the Capital."

General Strong Oak sighed, "Not my army, but I know what you are saying."

Lerian looked at him, "I dealt with the champions, keeping the King alive, helped with his brides, and the order he should marry." The guys laughed. "Saving your stubborn ass even though you did not want me too, cousin"

They broke out laughing again. Duke Strong Oak yelled out, "Stop. I get it."

Lerian nodded, "I have 3 blade wielders one of whom is a candidate to watch over."

Lerian looked at the King, "I need a directive from you putting me over control of Alliance Overwatch. Also let me know when the dragons agree as they will have to in regards to my visit, Your Majesty."

He nodded, "It is yours again."

He wrote out a directive and handed it to him. Lerian gathered up those with him and teleported them into the cavern.

He called out, "Security down, Security wall down. I want everyone out here." Lerian went over to the next one and repeated it, "Who is in charge and I want a list of personnel working here. Alliance Overwatch belongs to my family. Me, in particular."

Lerian handed the directive to the one who raised his hands. Lerian looked through and they were all minor houses. He nodded and walked over, "Step inside shift leader."

He stepped inside. "Set current occupant to be able to assign access control." He repeated it on the other side. "These crystals come to me. I call, you better be ready to answer. I will take the portable display here."

He walked in and pulled out, "How did you know it was here?"

Lerian smiled, "Because it was not on the commander's dead body. There is massive chaos going on. I want displays one and two in Left Eye focused on the war.

Same for display three unless called upon. Right Eye, report any illusion and teleportation activity you find to Overwatch. They do not take action, contact me and the King. The Capital is under Martial law as all of House Silverbar will be destroyed. Goldeagle will have one branch under the King and one under the blade wielder. All other houses will be purged except for the blade wielder of New Moon, Silversong, and Silver Ring.

1...1617181920...22