Simply His Ch. 07-09

Story Info
Insecurities, Rush, Cara and Alex. Werewolf Love Story.
6.6k words
4.73
17.8k
27

Part 3 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/02/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers

Again thank you all for the feedback. I am aware that I have many grammar mistakes and I sadly haven't had much luck finding editors. Either they don't want to help me edit a long story with too many chapters, or they disappear on me.

Just so you know, I submit new chapters as soon as I see the last ones posted, so you will get updates every 3 or so days, which is the time Lit takes to upload them when you submit a file.

I love feedback, please comment. Thank you!

*****

Chapter 7

"Insecurities"

*Caleb*

Alex mailed me his search results. So her name is Sheila McLane and she just finished her degree in chemistry, she was living in New York and left everything after she broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years to come see the father and take a break. His father, Carter McLane, was an interesting man. He had been working on that same real estate company from the beginning and climbed his way slowly to the place he was now, a real good hard worker like those of old times. I am going to have to look something else to buy and bring Meadow with me if it is possible, although she is not a sales agent. I think I can make an interesting deal for them to let her. I will save that for the near future, right now it would be too soon. This dating process is stressing me when all I want to do is explore her body and claim her.

"Alpha, our squad arrived safely to Demark's land yesterday night and they started to move immediately with his own people. They have arrived half an hour ago to Smithson's land and are helping them over. I am getting a report that they are seen many casualties, including great structural damage." Craig started filling me right after he walked through the door. I nodded slowly.

"Remember last month we told you about our thoughts on new perimeter traps?"

"Yes Alpha, I remember it well."

"Ok, let's gather the basics and ship them towards the Smithson's land, tell our guys to start working on it. It is time we start testing how good of a trap we've managed to create."

"Alpha?"

"Yes?"

"Erm... the wolfsbane..." Ah, true. I had got rid of any wolfsbane available near my land, it wasn't going to be easy to find more. I will have to make a few phonecalls.

"Let's start with the security infrastructure and I will make the wolfsbane get there."

"Yes Alpha." He bowed and left.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*Meadow*

Oh it is noon finally, this day has been too long. First Gideon almost spilled coffee on me but I was lucky to notice it in time and move away. He didn't even apologize! He hasn't even talk to me since monday's meeting, I am starting to think Caleb is right and he is a psychopath. The look in his eyes brings the hair at the back of my neck stand. And not in a good way. Then I had to fire one of our sales staff after we found out he was using some of the empty residences as his own private motels.

My cellphone rang and I smiled as I saw it was Caleb, picking it up quickly while I grabbed my purse.

"Hey there... how is your day coming along?" I still needed to find a way to refer to him besides -Hey-. I just can't call him -Babe- or -Hun- all of the sudden, besides, it doesn't suit him.

"Hello... I am having a very busy day, but I wanted to know how your day is coming along. I hope better than mine." Ah, I am not alone at this either. He seems to be unsure of how to refer to me as well. I blushed and felt like a teen all of the sudden.

"I had a busy morning but my boss gave me the afternoon off. I will have lunch with his daughter and take her around the city. Apparently she likes me and told him she would like that."

"I can see why she likes you. I am glad you will be having the afternoon to relax. Where are you going to take her? Any ideas yet?"

"No, not really, I thought I would talk to her over lunch and see what is she in the mood for. I just hope we don't end up walking for hours at a mall." I chuckled and he joined me on the other side.

"I heard from a friend of mine that she had a bad breakup actually, maybe that can be of some help. My friend said she is in town to have some fresh air away from the guy."

"Oh poor girl, she seems so sweet! Thank you, that will help me avoid love subjects with her. Hmm how did your friend knew about her?" This was intriguing. Was he talking about me to his friends? I blushed deeper and walked closer to the security line for the check out. I already could see her waiting for me outside, waving.

He cleared his throat and I thought it was cute. "It happens that I was talking about an estate I wanted to purchase and my friend advised me your company. I found it more than interesting. One thing lead to another and it turns out he was her classmate at college his first year before he dropped and went for the tech area."

I was surprised, the world is a tissue. Who would have thought how small it would be. "Oh I am next on the security check, I have to go."

"Have a good lunch, enjoy your day. I will call you later."

"Caleb... don't get too stressed ok?"

"I won't. I promise. Until later Meadow."

"I hope so, Caleb." I said with a smile and heard him chuckle before he cut the call. I am definetly a teanager all over again.

I met Sheila and we both decided to get lunch at the Mall. I sighed, I didn't want to be hours walking there specially since I would be tempted to buy things and I am on a tight budget. But after what Caleb told me about her, I felt compelled to just do what she wants and let her enjoy.

I grinned, she was a salad girl and picked up one at the same time as I did. We both laughed and got some fries just to make a balance with our food. We talked about what else to do, and where to go. I was glad to hear she only wanted to see a few stores then she didn't mind leaving for another place. I wasn't sure where to take her so I thought maybe she would enjoy visiting the Zoo. My mother always said that animals were the best therapy for a broken heart. She would say "If you break up with someone, get a pet that fits your personality, pour your love there and you will heal faster." I never dated someone too long to actually hurt with their departure, and we were not picking up a pet either, but maybe the walk and sight would help her out.

When we were looking at the last store, I noticed this beautiful dress that resembled the one Caleb got for me. It was last year's season and the price almost blew my mind. I gasped when the image assesor at the store said it was over 400$. This made me swallow hard, and I thought about it carefully. Perhaps it belong to an old girlfriend. Suddenly my insecurities hit high and I felt horrible by having worn the ensemble. I was not even sure how to bring it up to him, I felt conflicted; he was being nice to me and had just rescued me from my lame condition at the cemetery, he surely wasn't expecting anything from me. I was being stupid, crazy even. I should just be grateful and thank him, maybe I could ask him about it when I did. No, I would better just return them to him. Or perhaps.

"Hey! I love that dress! you should try it on!" Sheila interrupted my thoughts. I sighed, not really that happy about it anymore.

"I actually was just checking it out to see the difference with one I already have." And was going to return to Caleb as soon as I had the chance.

"Oh very nice Meadow, you have good taste." She said and I faked a smile.

We finished her last checkpoint at the mall and decided to go to the Zoo. At first she wasn't so sure about it but she didn't fight it either. We arrived around 3pm and after I paid for our entry, we started to walk around not really aiming to see anything in particular. She loved the birds, more than that, she was fascinated by them. She got as close as she was allowed to their cages and was amazed at their colors and wings; the graciousness with which they would move, their singing. I admit I never saw them in much detail until she started to mention the qualities in them she admired. We saw the elephants and giraffes and both gave a step back at the lion's den. One male and two females. "So macho." She mocked and I laughed. We went to see the tigers and I loved the couple they made; a white male and a normal orange female. They were cuddling and snuggling so comfortable next to a small stream of water, not even bothering on the visitors. We heard a siren and looked around in surprise. A group of people near us started running and looking for shelter. I took her hand and pulled her with me. "We better go find somewhere safe, doesn't look like it is something good." She was scared and nodded.

"Attention please, there has been a breach at one of the mammals cages and we encourage visitors to find safety in one of our many information booths. Our security staff is already trying to contain the situation. Please do not scream, this will make them nervous and they will become aggressive. We repeat, there has been a breach in one of our mammals cages, we encourage..." I stopped hearing as I started to run with Sheila to one of the information booths that I had spotted. I was in survival mode, I needed to get her and myself safe. Once we got there, one of the information staff opened the small door and let us in, locking the door behind her. It was a small 1 by 1 square but we were better there than out in the open.

I heard the information guide yelp and she covered her mouth. When I looked around I saw behind us five wolves surrounding the booth. They were smelling us and watching. Sheila was paralyzed and couldn't move nor make a sound. I was nervous but had to be the one in charge as both of them were completely in shock. "Ok girls, calm down, remember the warning, dont scream... we don't want them to get aggressive... they are just smelling us." I whispered lowly. One of the wolves, who seemed bigger than the other ones and probably their leader, gave a step towards us and I cursed myself for having said anything. The others walked around the booth twice then settled behind the bigger one. Two more had cornered another group at a booth not far from us. I was starting to feel my hands cold and got nervous when I saw something that left me in awe. She was tall, leather from neck to toes. She exudered confidence and walked like she owned the place. Her short straight hair didn't even move an inch as she walked towards us. Behind her, the biggest wolf I had ever seen, brown fur and honey eyes. I almost panicked but I gritted my teeth trying to keep my focus. He acted different though, like he was aiming at the other wolves. As they approached, the ones surrounding us turned and started growling. The huge wolf accelerated his pace and walked in front of this woman until they both stopped together a feet from them. Where they part of the security team?

"Girls, you will be fine. Please hold on there a few more minutes." I heard her say in confidence. We all nodded and I shuddered as the seemingly leader of the Zoo wolves howled. The other two who were not too far replied and ran to join them. This was becoming more dangerous and I couldn't see how she would help.

She smirked and clicked the concrete floor with her boot's heel. The bigger wolf showed his teeth and growled at them in a way it made me shiver. I heard the guide behind me sob and I turned to shush her with a stern look. She put both hands in her mouth.

The wolves from the Zoo actually gave a step back and kept growling. Their leader did not move and growled at the big one. I could not believe what I was witnessing. She clicked her boot again and her wolf, because it definitely looked like it was hers, gave a step ahead and showed his canines more, growling louder. It was only then when I saw the real security team arrive with their uniforms and guns. She lifted a hand making them a signal and they stopped. "Guys, you better shoot your tranquilizers to your wolfs and not touch mine or I swear you will be in trouble." She sounded threatening and the guys nodded and aimed at the other wolves. In a matter of seconds, dards flew to the other wolves and they whimpered and howled before they laid on the floor and started to fall asleep. They finally walked to the sleeping animals and she smiled at me directly. She clicked her boot once more and her wolf walked back to her, she caressed his maw and he pushed his head on her hand. The security team asked her about him and she showed them his papers.

We finally left the small booth and Sheila started to talk to the PR representative who came after trying to apologize for the situation. I walked towards the woman who saved us and she smiled at me when I stopped a feet away, not sure of how her wolf would react. "Thank you, you were amazing." I managed to say.

She giggled and extended her hand. "Your welcome, my name is Cara by the way."

"A real pleasure to meet you Cara."

"You are a brave one Meadow." She said looking at me, her wolf huffed and she laughed. Wait a minute, she knew my name?

"Who are you?" I managed to ask.

"I am one of the security people that Caleb asked to keep an eye on you. Now don't hold it against him, he asked us just to watch out over you after we found out some things on this Gideon guy. And it is only me and my husband. You don't have an army of bodyguards looking out for you."

I was shocked. Caleb sent his people to look out for me? I felt flattered, confused, happy and worried at the same time. They found out something about Gideon and it was important enough for him to make his people look over me. I involuntarily had my hand in my pocket already playing with my cellphone and I felt like I needed to call him and ask some questions.

"Look darling." She said with a smaller smile. "I only got in this since this morning. And he had plans to call you and tell you himself. This situation though, made the need of my presence."

I nodded slowly. "Thank you again Cara." I said with true honesty. She nodded at me and smiled.

"Well we have to go, I need to meet my husband and put this beast to rest." She nudged her wolf's head and he huffed again, bringing a smile out of me. She turned around and started to walk towards the exit, stealing more than a look on her way there.

Sheila joined me soon after and was grinning. "This has been the most exciting afternoon in ages!" I looked at her in disbelieve. "Granted, we might have died and became wolve's food but we survived!" She said again with a little jump. I chuckled and shook my head.

On our way back to the car, I took out my phone and sent a quick text to Caleb. I wasn't sure how to react to his attentions to me, and I was really needing to have a talk.

*Meadow- I just met Cara. Thank you for the warning by the way. Talk to you tonight.

--***--

Chapter 8

"Rush"

*Caleb*

"How in the world did that happen? Alex you better go through their security cameras tonight." I hit my desk with a fist as I was trying to contain my anger.

"Hey calm down. I will look over them don't worry."

"Pass me to Cara." I was really trying hard to hold my temper.

"You be careful how you talk to my wife, or you will end up without beta." He dared to threaten me. I was in shock, he actually said that?. "I am sorry Alpha, I will pass you to her." He apologized after an uncomfortable couple of seconds.

"Alpha..." I heard her voice and I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. What was I going to do with her? She had just lost her son a week ago.

"Cara, please explain to me in detail what happened." I managed to ask before I would say something that could hurt her.

"Yes Alpha. The day began easy, she went straight from her building to her office with no much traffic. As we both could observe through the cameras there was a small incident in her office with the guy who she is having trouble with, identified as Gideon. He maliciously tried to spill coffee on her but she managed to avoid it. After that she fired someone who was caught doing illegal things on the job. Finally she left for lunch and met with the girl called Sheila, they went into the 45th Street mall and had a light lunch before going through some stores. She didn't paid attention too much on the task, my instinct tells me she avoided temptation. When they headed to the Zoo I spotted a car following them. Alex hit the plate records and identified it as a rental car. A few minutes later we were able to get the information on a John Snow and we knew it was a fake name." Damn she was good, she got my full attention. "When we arrived at the Zoo we waited, then the alarms went out and I knew something was wrong the minute I got out of the car, I could smell him. I didn't saw him but I am pretty sure it was Gideon. We are going to go through the surveillance videos of the Zoo as soon as we can get into their security frame, but it hasn't been easy, apparently they have it on a server that has no net access. But I am pretty sure Alpha, it was him. That is why when she approached me I had to mention it to her. She has been careful but she needs to be alert. This human is trying to harm her beyond job facilities." I growled and fought my wolf for control. I didn't realize I was about to break the desk until I heard the wood creak. Both Alex and Cara were silent.

"Thank you Cara. I guess this makes my trip one day earlier. I am going to take the flight there tonight. Thank you, both of you. Alex?"

"Yes Alpha?" I heard him on their speaker.

"I will send you my fly info and will be expecting you at the airport. Cara, don't leave her out of your sight."

"Yes Alpha." I heard them both said just before I cut the call. I needed to make a more difficult call now, to her.

I looked at the clock and took a deep breath. My palms were sweaty, it took her 4 rings to pick it up.

"Hello..." She said a bit quietly. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Meadow... " I was not sure how to do this. I could lead an army of savage wolves to battle, I could tear my enemy apart. But she disarmed me with just one word.

"I... I am a bit confused. I don't know..." She sighed too.

"Meadow, let me start by saying this. Cara is my friend Alex's wife. They were the ones who lost their child a week ago."

"Oh..." I heard her surprise. I needed to go on now more than ever, I knew this was the right approach. "He wanted to come back to work with me but I needed him to stay, to try to mourn his lost together with his wife. You see, for the first couple of days, Alex would not say a word to anyone, including me or his wife. We were very worried. It was only after we found you at the cemetery, and we buried his son, that he started to talk again. I asked him to stay there and look over you, during the process, he would spend time with his wife and talk with her. She had been really broken and lost without him. To be honest, I didn't think you would be needing actual safety until today. For as much as you allowed me to know of you, all I can say is that you are a smart and prudent woman, you were my perfect excuse for him to stay there and solve his personal things." I held silent for a moment, hopping she was listening to my sincerity.

After a while she finally spoke. "What happened today that made you change your mind about my safety?" I sighed, I didn't want to go over this on a phone call.

"Alex told me yesterday that he and Cara talked and they were working things out. So Cara joined him today to look around your building and then follow you. That is when they saw a car on your tail at a distance, it was Cara who spotted Gideon. They believe the incident at the Zoo was caused by him. He is dangerous Meadow. I am truly worried about your safety now."

CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers
12