Single in New York

Story Info
Finding romance in paradise.
4.9k words
4.34
13.2k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had just divorced my husband of 10 years because of his infidelity, and the fact that he was having an affair with my best friend, certainly did not help. That was not a nice thing to find out, but it happened. We had no children together and I guess in a sense it was a blessing not to have a young child or young children feel the pain of parents separating and then a divorce.

Friends of mine seem to always want to get me out of the house. Most of my girlfriends are single by choice, and because they like to party, they have made up their minds that for now, marriage to them was out of the question. The fact that I was married, made me lose contact of sorts with the outside world, and the fun that my friends were having. They liked to frequent the single's bars and clubs. That was no place for a married man or woman. Problem was, my husband Dan disagreed.

Dan liked to party, but liked to party without me. He liked the fact that I was sitting at home waiting for him. When he came home, I could smell perfume on his shirts and booze on his breath. He was considered a handsome man, and women would flirt with him and he liked it, and many times he reciprocated. He was tall with dark hair and brown eyes and worked on Wall Street. A very attractive man for many women and he loved the attention. The stress of his job was his reason for going out after work. Perhaps once every 2 weeks we would have a dinner together at home. This routine of his got very old for me. At times I did not even feel I had a husband, but just an occasional roommate.

Since our divorce, Dan had a habit of walking into my apartment unannounced thinking I guess that he still owned me and this apartment. Actually, it was our apartment but I was given full rights to it in the divorce decree. I had been meaning to change the locks but never got around to it and Dan refused to give me his keys. It seemed that he wanted his cake and eat it too and remain in control of my life as well. My boss was ready willing and able to help, but I told him that "I would handle it" and thanked him for his concern.

I was a secretary for an assistant DA, and I usually drowned myself in my work. During the day I was too busy to even think about the divorce. My boss was a well known prosecutor with the DA's office here in Manhattan. When I got home it was a different story. The apartment that Dan and I shared was on the 5th floor in the Tribeca area in lower Manhattan. By all standards it was an upscale neighborhood and I loved living in that area and in that apartment. It was a large dwelling and at times when I was there, it reminded me of happier days with Dan. He was just no longer there unless he felt the need to check on me to see what I was doing. It was just none of his business. Gradually I got more and more depressed.

This one particular Saturday morning, a girlfriend called me. I wanted to sleep in but the phone woke me. Kathy had a bubbly personality, somewhat like mine before I married and then became subdued.

She said, "hey Barb. Whatcha up to?"

I told her that I had planned on sleeping in but someone had to answer the phone. She chuckled. She told me that she had been out the night before with our other 2 friends, Carol and Linda. She told me that they had a great time and wished I was there. Then she told me that they had talked about taking a vacation to the Bahamas and wanted me to go along with them in a few weeks. I told her that I didn't much feel like going away, but thanks for the invitation. She told me to think about it, because it would probably do me some good. I thanked her and told her I would think about it then hung up.

I laid in bed for a while staring at the ceiling. I could not let myself drop into a deep depression. That would be the worst thing for me. I got up and made some coffee for myself. The dining area in the kitchen overlooks Central Park. A tranquil view that a person could lose themselves in when living in New York City with it's fast pace and millions of people.

The more I thought about a vacation the more it seemed like a good thing to do just to get away. I had accumulated some vacation time and thought why not? I traveled a lot with my boss, but a getaway like this with friends would be nice. I called Kathy back and told her, get another plane ticket for me and include me on the hotel reservations, then let me know what the cost would be. I'll write you a check.

She was excited that I agreed to go and her last response before we hung up was, "you go girl!"

Monday morning I put in for my vacation time. My boss thought it was a great idea for me to go away for a bit telling me, "you need to get away."

Three weeks later all four of us were on a plane headed for Miami, then from there on to Nassau/Paradise Island, and the Grand Bahama Hotel. The anticipation of sunning on a snowy white beach surrounded by palms trees made me relax.

We landed in Nassau around dinner time. The salt air and scenery was beautiful. We checked in at the Grand Bahama Hotel and had an ocean view. We shared rooms, with two of us to a room. My roommate was Kathy. We all decided to change into comfortable clothes and meet in the lobby for dinner in an hour. Nassau has a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel and that is what we wanted. We wanted to absorb the local culture and Nassau ambience. We decided to dine at the "Poop Deck". A seafood restaurant that served various dishes besides seafood and I was in the mood for a rock lobster.

After dinner we strolled a bit and window shopped. We decided to take a cab to one of the casinos to check it out. The driver took us to the "The Atlantis Resort and Casino". In the evenings, the men are required to wear jackets. The women are accepted in casual dress, but nothing like beach wear. Payouts on the slots are frequent. We were told that over 800 machines pay out $35,000.00 an hour. The Atlantis was huge. One could get lost so we stuck together. We played the slots, but I guess we did not play one of the 800 that paid out mucho bucks. Still, we had fun. I realized that I had missed the company of my friends like this, and even though I was tired, I wanted to continue our first night out until dawn.

We decided to have a few drinks at a bar overlooking the casino and the blackjack tables. You will not see locals gambling in the casinos at all because for them, it is unlawful.

It seemed as though one gentleman was having luck at one of the tables. I don't know how long he had been playing, but he seemed to have a pile of chips in front of him and there was a small crowd of onlookers watching him play. Before long he got up from the table and went to cash in his chips. When he did so, the small crowd applauded his good fortune.

It seemed that the clientele at the Atlantis consisted mainly of Americans and some Europeans. We were just happy that we decided to go to a place where the language was predominantly English.

The girls and I began chatting and planning a fun filled week. There is a vast array of activities available from just plain sun bathing on the beach to windsurfing, touring, shopping and so on. We decided the following day that we would tour and get a feel of the surrounding area. While chatting and turned to face the other girls, I felt someone brush against me from behind. As I turned I realized that it was the same gentleman that had been gambling at the blackjack table that had all those chips in front of him. He apologized for brushing against me.

I told him, "oh no problem at all. By the way congratulations on your winnings." He thanked me and we started to talk.

He introduced himself as Rich. He had a familiar accent. No one could mistake a New York accent especially someone from there. I told him my name was Barbara and that I was from New York. He responded with a smile and said, "so am I."

He said he was a Manhattan South detective here on vacation. I told him I lived in lower Manhattan. He said, "well then we are almost neighbors."

He asked me if I was with anyone and I told him that we ladies decided to take a vacation here and then introduced him to the other girls. They seemed to like him and all of them engaged him in conversation. It seemed they were all trying to out do one another in an attempt to gain his interest. They were pros at this so I just sat quietly and just listened.

Rich remained standing next to me and when there was a break in conversation with the others he would start one with me. Soon the seat next to him and in between where he was standing by me was empty so he sat down. We continued our conversation. He told me that he was divorced. His ex wife could no longer stand being the wife of a detective and that she insisted that he was married to his job. He thought it was an excuse because she had found another man. He told me that coming home every night used to feel so good but after a while when he did come home, they argued. (hmmm…"coming home" every night is a definite plus.) Before long the other girls wandered off to play the slots. I was content talking to this handsome gentleman that made me feel at ease.

He bought me a drink then asked me about myself. I told him that I worked for the DA's office in Manhattan. He knew of my boss from court cases he was involved with. I remembered doing paperwork for my boss on cases Rich mentioned. I told him I was recently divorced, and this was sort of a get away for me to help me relax and regroup so to speak. It was indeed a small world though running into someone living so close to me and working in New York.

He asked me to dinner the following night. I was a bit hesitant at first but after I thought about it, this man was a police officer. I could not be any safer. I told him that yes I would love that. I told him where I was staying, and he said he would pick me up at 6 tomorrow night.

The girls came back to check on me and we decided to call it a night and go back to our hotel. They wanted to know all about Rich and seemed genuinely excited that I had met someone.

The following night Rich picked me up at the hotel. We took a cab to the Buena Vista on Delancy Street. The restaurant itself is housed in one of Nassau's historic mansions. Very nice ambience, great food and good company.

During dinner Rich told me that he did not date much because he just never found anyone he wanted to get to know until now. I know I blushed when he said that and it was quite evident that he noticed by the smile on his face. I told him that since my divorce, that this was actually the first date I had. I told him that I thought it to be ironic that I had to come all the way to Nassau to actually have that first date, and a date with another New Yorker. We both chuckled. He was easy to get to know and I felt comfortable with him.

After dinner we strolled a bit along Delancy Street. He told me that he would be staying another week and I could feel myself getting excited about that. I told him that I would be there for the rest of the week too and he smiled and said, "well then, perhaps we can keep one another company." I told him that I would like that.

We decided to go back to my hotel so I could change into something appropriate for strolling on the beach. My God! How much more romantic could this get? I have met a handsome gentleman, kind and considerate, and now a picturesque stroll on the beach in Nassau, at midnight.

We walked, and talked till almost dawn. He asked me about Dan and I told him. I also told him about the discomfort I feel when Dan just walks in unannounced into my apartment. He agreed that it was not right for him to do that.

We planned the next day together. We would tour and soak in local culture that afternoon, after getting some sleep. There are about 275,000 people that live in the Bahamas that are predominantly of West African descent. They are very friendly people and go out of their way to please you.

Rich picked me up around 1pm and we decided to walk and take our time just being together and sightseeing. Music is in the bones of most every Bahamian. Music could be heard as we walked near the ocean and past various historical buildings. We could hear steel drums beating out fast tempoed music called, "goom-bahhh". This music is in their heritage and is used both for story telling and dancing. We decided to walk to the beach and join in the festivities surrounding the music. We sat in a cabana for a good portion of the afternoon enjoying the music and each other.

It was nearing dinner time and Rich told me he had made reservations on a dinner boat for that night. He would pick me up at 6 and we would take a cab to the marina where the dinner boat was docked.

It was a night to remember. The cruise was for 4 hours. There was a band that played dance music and yes we danced. We had a lobster dinner that was fantastic. We walked out onto the deck and gazed at the stars in the sky as we cruised. Rich turned to me and asked me if he could kiss me. Oh how I wanted him to do that. He kissed me passionately and kissed me like I have never been kissed. I knew I wanted more than just his kisses.

We came into the harbor and disembarked from the boat. Rich hailed a cab and told the driver to take us to the Bell Channel Inn where he was staying. He turned to me and told me that he had a surprise for me. He also told me that he wanted me to be comfortable and he was not prepared to do anything that I was not ready for. We arrived at the hotel and he told me that he had to get something from his room. He said that I was welcomed to come with him or if I was uncomfortable doing that, then he would meet me back in the lobby within a few minutes. For the past 10 years I had only been with one man so I opted to stay in the lobby and told him with a smile that I would wait for him in the lobby.

Within a few minutes Rich came back down with a blanket and bottle of Dom Perignon and 2 champagne glasses. I carried the glasses and smiled. I knew that we would be alone on the beach and on this blanket sipping champagne. How romantic!!! He took me by the hand and we walked to the beach behind the hotel. He threw the blanket onto the sand and we sat. He popped the cork to the champagne and poured. We sat for hours talking and sipping. At one point he turned to me, put his arms around me and gently laid me back onto the blanket, and kissed me. My head was spinning with romance along with the champagne. The moon was full and bright and no one else appeared to be on the beach. He was gentle and loving. He touched my cheek with his hand and continued to kiss me. His hand then slowly went to my shoulder and then to my right breast. He kissed and nibbled my neck and oh how I wanted him but I was getting a bit nervous. He gave me another kiss on the lips and smiled at me, then sat me up. He said even though he wanted to go further, he felt that I was not ready for that. I guess probably I was not ready and glad that he sensed that.

We sat a while longer then he took me back to my hotel. He told me that he had to leave the next day because something came up with his job and that he had to be back in New York. I was disappointed that he had to leave. I had a few more days there before I flew back home. He gave me his home number and asked me to call him when I got back. I was thrilled that he wanted to see me again.

For the time remaining, the girls and I did shopping and sightseeing. Our last night there we went to a few casinos and played the slots and won a few dollars. My thoughts were of Rich and the fact that I wanted to see him again.

Before we knew it, our vacation was over and we were all on a plane back to New York. We landed at Kennedy, picked up Kathy's car in long term parking and she drove us all to our doorsteps. It was early evening when we arrived. I started to unpack and came across Rich's number. I decided to call him. I let the phone ring several times until the answering machine kicked on. I just hung up and did not leave a message. I showered and made myself some tea and sat on my couch gazing out the window at the lights from the city. New York city is a beautiful sight at night.

It was 8pm and I decided to give Rich one more call. This time he answered. He was glad to hear that I had arrived safely home. He told me what a wonderful time he had with me and he would like to see me tonight. He asked if he could come to my apartment that evening. I told him I had just showered and was thinking about going to "bed". He never skipped a beat. He told me that he had just gotten home too and that he would jump in the shower and be at my apartment within 45 minutes. He also told me to think about not dressing and to wear only my robe. I hesitated and then said to him "I'll be waiting" and gave him my address.

I hung up and ran to put some makeup on and fix my hair. 45 minutes to the second he was knocking at my door. I opened the door and Rich stepped inside. He closed and locked the door behind him. He took me in his arms and kissed me and told me that he had to make love to me. He said he had wanted to do that since we first met. I smiled at him, took his hand and we went to the bedroom. I had to have him make love to me.

I laid on the bed and he laid beside me. He took me into his arms and kissed me. My robe was held closed only by it's belt. He untied it and gently slid it off my shoulders and opened it exposing me entirely. He stood up not taking his eyes off me and undressed. My head was spinning but not from champagne. He laid on top of me kissing me and gently exploring my body with his hands. His touch was electrifying. He made every part of me tingle and I never wanted him to stop.

He whispered in my ear that he "could easily fall in love with me" then kissed me again.

I could feel his hardness against "her" as he gently ground me. He moved down my body with kisses until he got to "her". He slowly spread my legs, and with his fingers, separated "her" lips. His tongue circled around my clitoris making it hard and inviting him to continue. He inserted his index finger into me and searched for my G-spot. Once there he massaged it while he continued to eat "her". My entire body was reacting and before long my hands and fingers were entwined in his blond hair pulling him closer to "her". I pushed "her" into his face, and the more I pushed, the more frantic he became pursuing "her" by licking and sucking. I could not help but cum in his mouth. He seemed to love the fact that I did that and told me so.

He withdrew from "her" and worked his way back up to my lips and kissed me again, long and hard. Somehow I knew he would refuse to cum himself until he made me have at least one more orgasm. He laid on his back on the bed and pulled me on top of him. His hands massaged my breasts as I teased his cock with "her". I slowly went down on him. My tongue went from his mouth, to his chest as I licked and kissed. Then down further until I reached his cock. I licked one side then down the other as he moaned in delight. I then took him into my mouth and played with him with my tongue. I flicked the tip of his cock and sucked him slowly into my mouth. He was very large and very hard. I tasted pre cum from him, then mounted him and inserted his cock into "her". Slowly I pumped him. He grabbed my hips, and as I pumped him, he would thrust back. We each maintained rhythm as we looked into one another's eyes. Soon I could feel another orgasm ready to explode around him.

I told him, "I'm going to cum again!!" When he heard that he pumped me faster and faster and yes I did explode and so did he.

He took me and gently rolled me to the side of him and kissed me while he remained inside of "her". He was still hard. While holding me from behind, he again started to pump into me. His hands engulfed my breasts and he kissed me on the nape of my neck. The sensation was totally erotic and soon I could feel "her" muscles contracting ready to give way to another orgasm. He pumped into me faster and faster, and the more he did the more excited I became. He told me he was about to cum again himself and when he did, "she" reciprocated. I felt not just a vaginal orgasm but clitoral as well.

12