Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My lord," Gawain replied, struggling to conceal his feelings, "I shall bring it to your chamber after we have dined."

*****

After the feast, Gawain came to the lord's chamber, hastily stripped off his tunic and stepped inside in only his thin undertunic. Within, he found Lord Bertilak sitting upon the heavy furs of his bed, likewise dressed in only his underclothes. Steeling himself, Gawain stepped forward and sat beside the lord. His young arms encircled Lord Bertilak's powerful shoulders.

"This is the gift I have taken, my lord," Gawain whispered, pulling the lord's great, shaggy head against his chest.

Bertilak laid his head against the young knight's smooth, muscular chest. His mouth sought out Gawain's aching nipples. The young knight sighed as the lord's tongue spiraled around his nipples, sucking them fiercely as the two sank down among the furs.

After a time, Gawain pulled away, sliding lower beneath the furs. Lord Bertilak smiled broadly as the young knight rubbed his hands along the lord's hugely muscled thighs, pushing the hem of his undertunic up. Gawain gasped involuntarily as he exposed Bertilak's massive, hairy sack and long, thick manhood. With awe, the young knight cupped the lord's heavy orbs while encircling Bertilak's hardening shaft in his other hand.

Slowly, Gawain stroked the lord's member, watching as the huge length of it grew hard and tall. The young knight lowered his head and tentatively brushed his lips against the shaft's bulbous tip. Bertilak groaned, rocking his hips and pushing his manhood against the young knight's face. Without thinking, Gawain opened his mouth and let the lord's member pass between his lips.

Wonderingly, Gawain swirled his tongue around the thick, heavy shaft between his lips and was rewarded by a ragged moan from the lord. Encouraged, the young knight began to suck firmly while stroking the hard member with his hand and caressing the lord's heavy orbs. Bertilak moaned again, rocking his hips and pushing his heavy shaft deeper into the young knight's mouth.

Soon Gawain felt Lord Bertilak's strong hands grasping the top of his head. Holding the young knight's head firmly, the lord began to thrust his hips with increasing passion. Bertilak's groans transformed into raw grunts of animal passion.

With each feverish thrust, the lord pushed his heavy shaft further between Gawain's lips. The young knight groaned as the thick flesh filled his mouth. With a furious cry, Bertilak's body tensed and he lunged into the young knight's face. The lord's hot, sticky seed flooded Gawain's mouth. The young knight struggled to swallow the torrent of thick, salty fluid. Finally, Bertilak released him and Gawain fell to the side.

"So, lad," Bertilak groaned contentedly, "is that all you have taken this day?"

"In truth it is, my lord," Gawain gasped.

"Go to your chamber then, lad," Bertilak said, laughter in his voice, "and we shall see what tomorrow brings for each of us."

*****

"Good morning, sir knight." The Lady's voice woke Gawain from a light slumber.

He had slept the night well and lingered abed late into the morning. His dreams were still strange to him, filled as they were with both the soft curves of the Lady and the hard flesh of the Lord and of this curious hall in the forest. But such strange thoughts no longer troubled him. Somewhere in the darkness, Gawain had accepted them and embraced them as willing distraction from his concerns of the Green Knight and his own deadly quest. This once, he had heard the Lady enter his chamber but had preferred to doze until she spoke.

Now that she had, the young knight drew himself up. He made no effort to cover himself, for there seemed no more need. Neither did he turn his eyes away from the Lady's beauty. His gaze lingered on her dark hair hanging loose and unbound around her pale shoulders. He looked longingly at her lovely face, her bright eyes and her full lips. Hungrily, his eyes lowered to her full white breasts with their hard rosy tips, framed by the plain white fabric of the open neck of her chemise.

"Good morning to you, my lady," Gawain said calmly, as his eyes devoured the sight of her. "Again I have slept late and am not yet dressed."

"Be at your ease, sir knight," the Lady replied smiling. "Lord Bertilak has once more ridden out hunting and will not return before nightfall. It has been most pleasant at last to have a guest to entertain. I have enjoyed our times together but alas, I fear today may be the last. For the new year dawns upon the morrow. Do you still mean to leave us and be about your deadly errand?"

"I do, Lady," Gawain said confidently. "I have enjoyed this interlude with you, and with your Lord, more than I first supposed. But you are right. On the morrow I shall ride to complete my quest, for good or ill."

"Could I not persuade you, sir knight," the Lady asked, with a sultry look, "to turn aside from your mortal goal? Abide here with us, in the forest, and do not ride out to seek your doom."

"No, fair lady," Gawain replied. "I must fulfill my oath and complete my quest. The Green Knight awaits me on the morrow, but today yet I have for myself."

"So you do, sir knight," the Lady said with a smile, "and I have a gift for you if you will have it."

With a simple shrug of her shoulders, the Lady let her white chemise fall to the floor and stood before Gawain, unashamed in the beauty of her naked body.

"My lady," Gawain replied, reaching toward her, "I cannot refuse you."

The Lady stepped lightly into his embrace. Her lips met his in a passionate kiss. Gawain's hands roamed freely across her pale, naked skin, caressing her shoulders, her back, her breasts and her buttocks. The lady moaned and sighed under his touch, while all the while her own hands roved across his chest, his back, his arms and his thighs.

With gentle strength, the Lady pushed the young knight down onto the bedding. Laughing, she leaned over him, letting the curtain of her hair drag across his chest as she lowered herself between his legs. Gawain smiled and moaned as she took his manhood between her lips, licking and sucking to bring his shaft to its full swollen hardness.

Gawain's hands reached out, seeking to seize her head as it bobbed over his member. Laughing, the lady slipped away from his grasp. She rolled and twisted away, then drew herself up upon her hands and knees beside him.

"Come, my lord," the Lady smiled at him, "take me. Fill me. I long for you."

With a roar, Gawain leapt from the furs and seized the lady's hips.

"Lady, you shall have me," he declared.

Holding her hips firmly, Gawain pressed himself forward. His shaft pushed between her legs and grazed against the warm wetness of the lady's sex. Laughing again, the lady reached between her legs, grasped the young knight's shaft and guided it among her moist folds. Together they groaned as he penetrated her, the tight velvet wetness of her tunnel squeezing against the length of his hard member.

"Oh, fill me, my lord," the Lady moaned. "Give me more."

Groaning, Gawain thrust himself deeply into her warm, wet channel. Grasping her hips, drove himself into her again and again.

"Yes, my lord," the Lady cried out with every thrust. "More, give me more."

Panting, the young knight drove himself into her.

"Oh, it feels so good my lord," the Lady panted. "Yes... Deeper... harder... more. Oh, yes my lord. Yes!"

Gawain grunted and moaned. His body moved of its own accord, driven by the Lady's hungry longing. He felt his passion growing like a wave in him.

"Yes, my lord!" the Lady shrieked, "Yes! Fill me. Give me your seed!"

With a ragged cry, Gawain's body spasmed, and he felt his seed flooding out to fill the Lady's channel. The Lady howled in delight, her fair body tensing and spasming beneath him. They clung together as waves of pleasure shook them both, driving them down among the furs.

Finally, panting and gasping, the lovers fell away from each other. With a smile, the Lady rested her hand upon Gawain's cheek and studied his face for a long while.

"Will you not stay?" she asked again. "I find you most pleasant company and I would have you remain so."

"I cannot," Gawain replied earnestly. "I must fulfill my quest, though it surely means my death. At least, I shall meet that death with fond memories of my time here."

The Lady shook her head. In time, she rose and, still unashamedly naked, swayed across the room on unsteady legs. She knelt before a small chest and drew from it a band of green silk.

"If you are determined then," the Lady said, "I shall offer you one last gift. When you go before the Green Knight, take with you this silk girdle. It is a thing of the Otherworld and enchantment is woven into its threads. Wear this and the Green Knight's blow cannot harm you. Will you accept my gift, sir knight?"

"My Lady," Gawain answered, his eyes shining, "I accept it most heartily."

Together, they rose and dressed and went on to pass the day in each others' company.

*****

At nightfall, Lord Bertilak returned from his hunt. He presented Gawain with a deer, which he had taken while hunting.

"So lad," the hulking lord cheerfully asked, "what have you taken today that you shall give to me?"

"My lord," Gawain replied, struggling to conceal his feelings, "I shall bring it to your chamber after we have dined."

*****

After the feast, Gawain came to the lord's chamber, hastily stripped off his tunic and stepped inside in only his thin undertunic. Within, he found Lord Bertilak sitting upon the heavy furs of his bed, likewise dressed in only his underclothes. Nervous but smiling, Gawain stepped forward and stood before the lord.

"This is the gift I have taken, my lord," Gawain said.

With a shrug of his shoulders, the young night let his thin undertunic fall to the floor and stood before the Lord, his strong young body bare to the huge Lord's gaze.

"My lad," Lord Bertilak replied, reaching toward him, "this is a fine gift."

The young knight stepped nervously into the lord's embrace. The lord's heavy lips met his in a passionate kiss. Large, strong hands roamed freely across his young, muscular body, caressing his shoulders, his back, and his buttocks. Gawain moaned under the lord's strong touch, while all the while, unconsciously, his own hands roved across the great hairy chest, powerful back, heavy arms and thick thighs of the master of the hall.

Lord Bertilak slowly lay back onto the bedding, firmly pulling the young knight down above him. With a small grin, Gawain lowered himself between the lord's legs. Bertilak moaned as the young knight took his powerful manhood between his lips, licking and sucking to bring the lord's great shaft to its full swollen hardness.

Lord Bertilak's hands reached out, seeking to seize the young knight's head as it bobbed over his member. With a fierce groan, Gawain pulled away from his grasp. The young knight rolled away and then drew himself up upon his hands and knees beside the hulking lord.

"Come, my lord," Gawain said, his voice shuddering, "take me. Fill me. This is the gift I took."

With a roar, Lord Bertilak leapt from the furs and seized the young knight's hips.

"Lad, you shall have me," he bellowed.

Holding the young knight's hips firmly, Lord Bertilak pressed himself forward. His thick shaft pushed between Gawain's taut buttocks. Gawain tensed, gritting his teeth as the lord's heavy member rubbed against him. Bertilak laughed, a deep throaty laugh, and withdrew.

"Be at ease, lad," Bertilak laughed. "Give yourself over and receive me as you have been received."

With that the lord's mighty hands clutched at the young knight's buttocks, spreading them apart. Gawain heard him spit, and wet saliva fell between his buttocks. Bertilak spat again and then once again. Then the hulking lord leaned forward again, pressing his member against the young knight's fundament.

Gawain groaned, gritting his teeth, as Lord Bertilak's thick member rubbed firmly against his rear opening. With deep, steady breaths, he surrendered himself to Bertilak's passion. Sharp sparks of warm sensation spread from that tight ring, through the young knight's loins and to his own slowly hardening member. Gawain's groans became sighs.

Lord Bertilak continued, slow but steady and insistent. With each movement his great member pressed harder against the young knight's back passage. Pleasure and pain mingled in Gawain's loins. Slowly and gently, the young knight's body yielded. Suddenly, his tight passage opened and at last admitted the lord's mighty shaft. The thick member spread him wide, and Gawain cried out with the intensity of it.

"Oh, fill me, my lord," Gawain moaned. "Give me more."

Bertilak groaned, pressing harder against the young knight's tight opening. Slowly, more of his great length sank into the young man's backside. Gawain shuddered at the fullness of it; his body quivered at the intensity of the sensation.

"Yes, my lord," Gawain cried out. "More, give me more."

With a savage roar, Lord Bertilak thrust deeply into the young knight's arse. Gawain buckled under the onslaught. His body surrendered to Bertilak's might. Sensations too intense for words spread through the young knight's loins.

"Ahhhh," Gawain screamed. "Oh, my lord... it feels... oh... yes. Oh, yes my lord. Yes!"

Lord Bertilak grunted and moaned above the young knight. His great member thrust deeply into his body, spearing him with intense, savage sensations. Pain and pleasure mingled until they became one, and each thrust tore ragged cries from the young knight's throat.

"Yes, my lord!" Gawain shrieked, "Yes! Fill me. Give me your seed!"

With a ferocious roar, Bertilak buried himself into Gawain's savaged arse. The young knight felt a flood of warm, wet seed filling his bowels. Gawain's body spasmed and quivered, spilling his own seed onto the furs below him. Bertilak clung to Gawain and they collapsed together, gasping and groaning, onto the furs.

Finally, panting and gasping, the lovers fell away from each other.

"So, lad," Bertilak groaned contentedly, "is that all you have taken this day?"

Gawain thought of the green silk sash the Lady had given him. It was a gift and he owed Lord Bertilak the gifts he had taken this day, but to give it up was to give up his one chance of surviving his encounter with the Green Knight. Slowly, he turned to face the lord.

"It is, my lord," Gawain said firmly.

"Go to your chamber then, lad," Bertilak said, laughter in his voice, "and tomorrow you shall leave us."

*****

In the bright cold morning, Gawain stood once again in the courtyard of Bertilak Hall, dressed once more for travel. His saddled horse stood beside him.

"Follow the track from my hall around yonder hill and you will come to the Green Knight's Hall," Lord Bertilak said, gesturing at the landmarks. "Tis but a short ride."

"I think, my lord, I shall walk," Gawain said with a wry smile. "I find myself somewhat sore."

Bertilak laughed heartily, clapping Gawain on the shoulder. "Tis an easy walk then, if you wish to take it."

"I must see this business to its end, my lord," Gawain replied to the unvoiced question. "I thank you and your lady for your generous hospitality these past days."

"The honor was ours, lad," Sir Bertilak said with a broad grin. "Godspeed."

So Sir Gawain walked from the Bertilak Hall to face his destiny.

*****

It was as Sir Bertilak has said, only a short and easy road even on New Year. In what seemed no time at all, Gawain found himself facing what could only be the Green Knight's Hall.

At first glance, it was a humble enough hall of wood, alone in the woods like Bertilak's. However, as he looked closer, Gawain saw the hall was roofed with living greenery, the corner-posts carved with old Cymric designs and chased with gold. The door-posts, likewise carved and gilded, boasted many small niches, and in each niche but one sat a severed human skull.

With a deep breath, Gawain drew the green girdle the Lady of Bertilak Hall had given him and bound it loosely around his neck. Steadily and without fear, he strode up the steps and past the sinister guardians of the door posts to enter the hall. Within, the long wooded hall was empty. A fire burned in the hearth and the trestle tables lined the walls, but no servants met him.

Gawain drew himself up and called out: "I am Sir Gawain of Caerllion, and I am come as was promised to face the Green Knight."

"Welcome, lad," came a booming voice, "to the Green Knight's Hall."

The Green Knight emerged from into the Hall. He was as Gawain remembered him: Taller than the tallest of men and his tunic, his armor, his hair and even his face were as green as a forest in summer. His arms seemed thicker than Gawain's legs. His head was topped with a ragged mop of curly emerald hair, and a thick curly green beard covered his face, giving an overall look of Otherworldly wildness.

"You have come to answer my challenge, I see." The Green Knight laughed.

"I have," Sir Gawain replied. Calmly, the young knight walked into the center of the hall. Gently, he removed his sword from his side and set it down.

"Good." The Green Knight hefted his axe, which lay against the wall.

Gawain knelt on the hard floor. He stretched his arms out to his side, and lowered his head, baring his neck. "I am ready."

The Green Knight came to stand over him, a towering figure like a mighty tree. Slowly, he lifted his mighty axe. Then, strangely, slowly he lowered it .

"You shall not turn aside?" The Green Knight asked.

"I shall not," answered Gawain.

Again the Green Knight lifted his mighty axe. Again, slowly he lowered it .

"You are prepared for the end of this trial?" The Green Knight asked.

"I am," answer Gawain.

Again the Green Knight lifted his mighty axe.

"Stand firm," The Green Knight commanded.

"I shall not flinch," answered Gawain.

The axe swung down.

Gawain felt the cold steel kiss his neck. Cut through, the two severed ends of the green girdle drifted down onto the floor beneath him. Gawain released the breath had not realized he held.

"You played me false, lad," growled the Green Knight.

"A stroke for a stroke," Gawain laughed, leaping to his feet. "I took mine and now you have taken yours. Be not aggrieved that the result was much the same."

"A stroke for a stroke indeed," came a soft, feminine voice from with the door of the Green Knight's Hall. "But also a gift for a gift."

Gawain spun, surprised, to see the Lady of Bertilak Hall standing before him. Glancing back, he suddenly recognized Lord Bertilak himself in the face of the Green Knight.

"Slowly," the Lady said, " the boy begins to see."

The Lady's face and form seemed to shimmer. As the enchantment faded from Gawain's mind, he knew her for who she was.

"Morgan la Fey," Gawain snarled.

"Indeed." Morgan smiled cruelly at him.

"What trickery is this?" Gawain demanded.

"What trickery indeed?" Morgan countered. "It is not I who played false this day, but you."

"False in face and form," Gawain snapped.

"Indeed?" the enchantress smiled, "My form is my own, and you have found it a most pleasing form in these past days."

Lightly she pulled at the stays of her gown, allowing it to slip from her shoulders. Below, she wore only a plain chemise, open at the neck, and her full white breasts with their hard rosy tips were framed by the plain white fabric.

"Are these not the same breasts that you kissed? Are these not the lips that encircled your manhood?" Morgan asked teasingly. With a simple shrug of her shoulders the enchantress let the chemise fall down to the floor and stood naked and unashamed.

"Is this not the body you embraced and caressed? Did you not spurt your seed deep within me?" Morgan purred. "That you did not know me for who I am; is the fault for that to be found in my form?"