Sister's Funeral

Story Info
They became lovers at sister's funeral.
4.2k words
4.57
18.2k
32
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The long miles evaporated into scenes in my rear view mirror. Ahead, more miles appeared. I knew where I was headed having made the trip many times; however, this time the trip was to see my only sibling for what was the last time.

My premonition was correct. She had a catastrophic relapse shortly afterward and died quickly. Cancer is the great killer that took her, and our parents. I remained the last member of my nuclear family and cancer free. What were the markers that separated me from their fate?

I have an extended family of cousins, and cousins once removed, yet none close enough to take the place of a sibling or mom and dad. At the miles end was the funeral and burial.

Another stop for gas, coffee, and slice of pizza. I really needed to eat something healthy, some fruit and vegetables, but highway food was all there was. I didn't have time to sit down to a proper meal. I could take time for proper eating after this last family mission completed.

At least six more hours of hard driving lay ahead, I guessed it about 500 miles. One more stop for fuel, check in to motel, and sleep a few hours before the final farewell. I thought back on our growing up years and how much different we were. To say different as night and day is understating it. A lengthy description isn't worth the space necessary, we were vastly different.

The attractive young woman at the motel check-in counter saw my road weary scruffy appearance and seemed to back off a bit. I was unshaven, dirty, needing a shower badly, and my clothes... I needed a change. She asked for a couple IDs to confirm who I was.

"I'm sorry sir. It's just..."

I interrupted, "Yeah, I'm road weary, scruffy, and dirty. After a shower, shave and rest, I clean up rather well." I smiled as she handed me the pass card for my room. "How far to Grange Funeral Home? I'm here for my sister's funeral."

The counter attendant quickly changed her demeanor. "I'm sorry," she exclaimed. "It is on 11th street about half a mile. You are Jane's brother?"

I acknowledged I was. "Jane was one of my best friends, she often talked about you. I'll see you tomorrow at the funeral."

I took time to look at her name badge before speaking again, "Lucy, if I clean up nice, maybe we can talk after the funeral. I'd like to hear more. We were very much different from one another."

"Yes, Marty, that would be fun, a way of remembrance."

I headed for my room, a hot shower, shave, and sleep for a few hours.

The new day broke and I took another quick shower and had a fresh shave. Checking the GPS, I found the funeral home was close. I left early to find some place to get my car cleaned inside and out. I didn't want to go to a funeral in it like it was.

The funeral was scheduled for 1:00 P.M. and I needed to meet with the director before. I arrived at 10:30; Lucy was there waiting.

Lucy greeted me taking me to the viewing room; this walk I had no desire to make. The sight of my sister laid out in a coffin was more than my emotions could handle. I collapsed in a chair bawling my eyes out.

"I'm alone now, Lucy. Jane was my last connection to close family and..." I tried to pull myself together.

After an appropriate time, Lucy interrupted my thoughts, "Let's go talk to the director."

I was sincerely happy that I met Lucy yesterday; she had matters under control and took control of me as well.

The funeral director gave me detail of the service and graveside events to happen and the simple luncheon to follow. Lucy told me that a meeting with Jane's lawyer was tomorrow. "I am Jane's executor and there are details I have to settle and many include you."

The attractiveness I noted when I checked into the motel grew to an infectious level with her consoling smile and simple touch on my hand. I began feeling my emotional control returning as well as thoughts of Lucy as more than simply fulfilling Jane's final wishes.

My sister was only four years younger than me, gone at 25. I couldn't imagine Lucy much older, maybe younger.

"Lucy, Jane was only 25 when this cancer ripped her away. Being an executor is a daunting task for someone your age." I was fishing and I think she knew it.

"Marty, I'm 27, you're almost 30. Is that the answer you wanted?" The smile on her face did not dim. "When I'm not at the motel, I'm in law school."

"Sorry, Lucy. I only meant, I don't know what I meant. I haven't know you for 24 hours yet, and I'm making assumptions." I felt genuinely chastised and told her so.

Her smile remained a permanent fixture on her face. "Apology accepted as long as you don't make any more assumptions."

"Except one," I ventured, "we are still going to talk later about Jane."

"That is not an assumption, it is a fact supported by evidence." I saw a spark, a twinkle in her eye, and did I feel her tighten her hand on mine?

We went back to the viewing room where Lucy introduced me to mourners who knew Jane. The funeral and burial were bittersweet; I was the only family member seated. Even Lucy was without a chair at the graveside.

The luncheon concluded and it was I alone for a few moments. When Lucy broke my loneliness, it was with a touch on the shoulder and a simple, "Time to go."

"Go back to the motel, Marty. Rest for a couple hours. I'll knock on your door about 7:30 for dinner."

"Won't you get in trouble for being in a guest room as an employee," I quizzed.

Lucy acknowledged that is the rule, "However, this is a special situation and I'm covered. We are going to spend a lot of time together the next couple days as Jane's affairs are finalized."

"Last thing, Lucy. How shall I dress for tonight?" I hoped she wouldn't say suit or formal, I only had this suit.

"Let's make it comfortably casual. I thought we might eat at Lake Side. We can talk casually and maybe stroll along the lake. Comfortable shoes."

Lucy's smile was a permanent fixture on her face and something I could get used to. "Seven-thirty it is then. I'll be anticipating it."

It would be another three hours before Lucy would be by for our dinner meeting; I decided to rest for a couple hours before cleaning up. I felt strongly attracted to Lucy and wondered what our conversation might be about. What had Jane said about me that she never said to? Was there something hidden that would have changed our relationship had I known? Time, a couple hours would tell.

The knock jarred me back to consciousness. On one hand, I was ready for the evening, yet on the other, I was totally unprepared. I opened the door.

Standing on the other side was Lucy dressed in her lovely smile and comfortable form revealing clothes. I'm not saying sexy clothes; I mean clothes that say woman of late 20s, professional, and single. She was even more attractive.

"You said casual not casual elegant, Lucy. I feel under dressed." I invited her in and closed the door.

"I made reservations for 8:00. Do you want to drive or shall I?"

The smile was broad and inviting on her face, she had a glow that would light a darkened room. "I don't mind driving as long as you give good directions."

She glanced at my unmade bed, "I'll tell the night maid to clean your room while we're out."

Was Lucy being a good host to a guest or was there something else? "No need, I'll just mess it up when I go to bed tonight."

"No, you should have everything in order," she glanced into the bathroom. "Yes, a clean room."

"Okay, you're the boss, clean room it will be." I wondered more, would I be sleeping alone, or would Lucy violate more rules? No way could I let her get in trouble, jeopardize her job or education.

On the way out she left her order with the night clerk.

I opened her door for her. "It's been a long time since someone held the door for me, Marty. Thank you." She touched my free hand as she got in.

The sensation of her touch lingered as I took the driver's seat, Lucy said, "Left as you pull onto the street."

Lucy reached across the console placing her hand on my forearm, "I am sorry about Jane. She and I were good friends and I almost feel as though I know you through her." I felt a squeeze.

As Lucy pulled her hand away, I kept one hand on the wheel and with the other, reached to hold her hand for a moment. "We both lost someone. I wonder if we also found someone."

A quick glance at Lucy found her eyes moist with a tear. "Maybe yes we have," I heard her sniffle. "A right at the next intersection." Lucy dabbed her eyes quickly.

The Lake Side loomed ahead a couple blocks away. I pulled into the parking lot and Lucy directed me to park a distance from the door. Before I could get out and round the car to open her door, Lucy was out. When I came around the car to her side, she wrapped me in her arms and kissed me with passion.

The sudden display of emotion surprised me. She quickly broke but now I held her. I returned her passion with my own. We were not mourning my sister.

After a moment of breathlessness Lucy reminded me, "Dinner. Remember?"

We walked quietly into the restaurant clearly deep in our own thoughts. We were escorted to our table that overlooked the lake. Small lights lit a walking path; the water reflected the light in shimmering ripples.

We got comfortable and our conversation began. "Jane told me how much you and she were different growing up. She thought you were mean to her in those younger years. Then she told me how you came to her rescue many times."

"I couldn't rescue her this time," I answered sadly. "I wonder why cancer took her and our parents but left me alone."

"Cancer is a great discriminator. It takes and rejects whomever it wants. You can't stop it. Jane told me about one of your girlfriends. You dropped her because she thought Jane was not a good sister."

"Yeah, that girl was strange. Like I had a choice of sister. Last I heard she was working in Vegas in a horizontal position."

"Stop! That's bad! Even if it is the truth," Lucy laughed a hearty laugh as she spoke. "But, Jane said the same thing"

We laughed through dinner as we told stories of Jane. After dinner we strolled the grounds enjoying the little LED lights that lit the path along the lakeshore. The lights shown around the entire lake and to walk around the entire shore was less than half a mile. Benches and little coves dotted the path. Many people strolled, sat enjoying the sights, or stole off into a little cove for a lovers embrace and kiss.

I wondered how Lucy might react if I guided her into one of the secluded coves. We passed one or two seeing young lovers necking. Lucy linked her arm with mine as we strode aimlessly talking about my sister.

Another spot appeared, it was unoccupied and Lucy stirred me off the path. It was dark with an inviting bench. "Marty, hold me. I feel lonely with Jane gone. She knew all my secrets and I knew hers. You are the only connection I have to her."

I let Lucy snuggle close and wrapped my arms around her. I felt her shudder and sob into my shoulder and held her close as she cried her loss. I said nothing, as there was nothing to say.

Several minutes later, Lucy lifted her head and I saw her red tear streaked eyes and cheeks. I reached my pocket for a handkerchief and offered it to her. With a smile on my lips, "It's clean."

Lucy punched me playfully through her sadness, "Thank you." She wiped her eyes and the streaks of make up.

What came over me was real as I lifted her head and planted a kiss on her forehead. What followed was a kiss even more passion filled than our encounter in the parking lot. Our bodies began reacting to our passions.

"Marty, why is this happening?" Lucy's breath was heavy and deep.

"We can stop it now." I didn't want it to stop. Lucy's body was completely womanly and exciting against mine.

Lucy answered by locking her lips to mine again and pressing her hips into mine. After a lust filled tongue duel, Lucy said, "You can't un-ring a bell."

"Wouldn't your law professor have something to say about an executor being involved with a next of kin?" I didn't release my hold and she did not back off from her lust filled pressure on me.

"Probably." The smile was back. "Marty, thanks for letting me have a cry."

"I'm glad it was my shoulder," came my answer. "Shall we finish our walk?"

We both felt the moment had passed although we kissed again, this time it was a chaste kiss. We strode off arm in arm.

The remainder of the walk was, for me, quiet reflection of the day's events culminating with Lucy's cry and my growing physical desire for her. The old cliche, "Penny for your thoughts," slipped from my mouth.

"Marty, my thoughts are free for the asking and free for the giving. I want to have breakfast with you in the morning."

We passed through to the parking lot and the distant corner where we parked. I held Lucy's door open, but she did not immediately enter the car. She lingered as if waiting for some kind of answer about breakfast.

I saw something different in her smile and in her eyes. There was no doubt that breakfast was meant to follow a night of passion in someone's bed. "I would enjoy breakfast with you."

Lucy began giving me directions that took us away from the motel until we arrived at a tiny house with a neat yard. "Will this little place do for breakfast?"

"I'm not sure I could find it in the daylight, I'm not really familiar with town." I thought I knew what her intentions were yet wanted to hear it from her.

"I'm sure you'll find your way around. Besides, I'll guide you." We got out of the car and walked to the front door.

Lucy opened the door and stood quietly waiting for the next move. I embraced her warmly and kissed her. "I want you to guide me."

"Come in, Marty." Lucy was already becoming breathless.

The interior was tastefully feminine with good use of pastel paints and contrasting furnishings. The construction reminded me of World War II era factory homes with just the minimum necessities.

"This is pleasant, Lucy. Clearly a woman's touch for decorating. It fits you nicely."

Lucy stood in the center of the little living room with her smile broadening. "Can I tell you something, Marty? I have never had a male guest in my house, you're my first."

The way she said you're my first had my mind reeling. Her first man, Lucy is a virgin? Or, first male guest she felt comfortable inviting? My mind raced. "Thank you for allowing me the pleasure."

"Marty, your unspoken confusion needs an answer. I'm not a virgin and I've never been with a man." Her smile faded and her eyes lost their spark.

I came to the quick realization that Lucy and Jane were lovers. Lucy's tears were for her lost partner. "Cry it out, Lucy. I understand. You lost your partner, your lover."

I stepped cautiously forward reached out my arms just as Lucy collapsed into me. She was not sobbing, she was full on bawling the painful loss of someone she deeply loved. What son of a bitch would take advantage of another person in this state? It wasn't going to be me.

I rocked Lucy in my arms until she fell asleep stand in my arms. Carefully, I guided us to her bed where I let her lay down. Silently as I could, I backed out, closed the door, and went to sleep on the couch. I removed my shirt and pants leaving on my shorts and T-shirts in hopes of waking before Lucy and being dressed so she wouldn't find me undressed.

The scent of fresh coffee woke me. Turning my head, I saw Lucy sitting in an armchair opposite the couch. I scrambled to cover myself only to realize what a waste of time that was. She was staring at me as she sipped.

"Marty, you were supposed to sleep with me." The smile and twinkle were back. Lucy must have woken in the night and changed because she was now wearing a silky pajama.

"I am not the guy to take advantage of a grieving woman. Especially when she is grieving for a lost partner and lover. Where's my cup?" Lucy went off to pour me a cup of coffee and I quickly slipped on my pants.

"Lucy, can I use the bathroom? I have to...relieve myself." I heard her laugh and followed her directions to the toilet.

Lucy called me to the kitchen when I came out of the toilet. "Coffee for a gentleman."

The pajamas Lucy wore hung loosely with only a hint of her figure. It was much unlike what she wore last night. Yet there was no question that beneath was a lovely young woman.

"I need to get back to the motel for a shave and change, Lucy. Don't we meet with the lawyer today?" Her answer came as another surprise.

"If you like, I can have security clear your room and have your bags delivered here. We don't meet the lawyer until 1:00."

"You are one surprise after another." She made the call.

My bags arrived about an hour later with a security seal attached. "Inspect the bags before I leave," ordered the security official. "Make sure we have everything and nothing is missing."

They were thorough and nothing was missing. As he left, he spoke to Lucy saying he would see her when she got back to work next week. "We are all sorry about Jane," he said to both of us.

Lucy said I should shower and dress first and she would follow after cleaning the kitchen of our breakfast mess. The shower and shave were refreshing and the clean clothes topped everything off.

Lucy took her turn in the shower coming out neatly dressed. Her make up was subtle making her natural looks more apparent. Every time I looked at her, there was something new discovered. I reminded myself of her words last night, "I am not a virgin but I've never been with a man." Hopefully, I will be her first when she is ready.

The lawyer visit was not anything unusual. After learning of Jane and Lucy's relationship, I was not surprised that the majority of Jane's estate went to her, "to continue your law degree and bar exam."

What little Jane left to me were things she saved from our early years growing up. Trinkets really yet meaningful to us both.

"Marty," the lawyer challenged, "are you satisfied with the will and all the provisions? Are you satisfied that Lucy acts as executor?"

This seemed an unusual question although understandable considering the relationship between Jane and Lucy. "I have a deeper understanding of the provisions than you may know," was my reply. "Lucy is entitled in a way beyond what the law allows."

Lucy smiled a deep meaningful grin and the lawyer interjected, "I am pleased you understand their relationship. What's next Lucy?"

"I have a few days off school and work to gather myself and grieve. I hope Marty can spend time to help me grieve. He has proven himself a gem and not in the ruff." The infectious smile was one for which I did not want to receive immunity. The lawyer recognized it as well.

"Marty checked out of the motel this morning and I offered to let him stay with me as we both get over our loss." Lucy placed her hand on mine in a mutual grieving gesture.

I placed my other hand on hers and gave a gentle squeeze. "When I checked into the motel, Lucy was the desk agent. She was not too impressed by my scruffy road weary appearance. I think she has gotten over that."

We left the lawyer's office and headed back to the motel for Lucy to get her car. I followed her back to her home where we parked and went inside. We sat side by side on the couch and Lucy broke into another round of tears.

However, this time the tears did not seem to be of grief as she hugged me as a lover holds a partner. "Marty, I am so relieved that you are much like Jane, the male version of her I guess. I have feelings for you like I still have for Jane but I'm frightened of my feelings."

This was a situation for which I had no experience. "Nothing is going to happen between us until you want it Lucy. Take your time."

There wasn't much time wasted on waiting, Lucy encircled me in her arms and swung herself onto my lap. We began kissing and touching lustfully, her body was alive and mine responded. I felt her breasts pressing into my chest and her hips grinding into my growing evidence of desire.

12