Sisters of the Mists Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,271 Followers

Danica said, "It's working. The Emperor will know the moment he returns. When he sends her away, we'll take her home. For now, let's see what we can find out from the camp. Maybe someone knows something that could help us change the Emperor's mind about going to war."

****

Turner stiffened as he felt a familiar presence in his small room. He put down his fork and waited.

"I'm disappointed. Where is my witch?" A voice said from behind him.

"You knew it was going to take time. You told me that yourself," Turner answered without turning around.

"I have given you the power you need to take her. All you need to do is lure her here, away from the wards of the fortress."

"She's comfortable there. It's easier said than done. But she trusts me now. It won't be long."

An ominous note crept into the voice of Turner's master, "There are limits to my patience. You are trying them."

"I'm doing the best I can without being obvious. I'm the only chance you have. If I fail, you know she'll never trust another."

"That is the only reason I have not yet visited the suffering I promised upon you. Do not fail me."

The disquieting presence faded from the room, and Turner breathed a sigh of relief. It was a visitation and a warning he had been expecting for some time. Fortunately, he knew he was right. He was the only chance of luring Andrea away from the fortress and making her vulnerable.

He also knew his master's warning was true. Eventually, he would run out of patience. He needed to do as he had been commanded, or face the consequences.

Andrea was going to learn the terrible truth — soon.

****

I know it's been a long time coming. FAR too long. All I can say is that I'll keep plugging away, doing my best to finish the story. I hope you enjoyed this new chapter, and the next is already finished as well.

Do take a moment to vote. Only once, of course. No multi-voting. Those will just get removed anyway, and your original vote may get removed as well. One vote per reader if you want to support me.

Comments and favorite listings are also most welcome. They're the fuel that keeps me coming back for more and encourage me to get back in the saddle when I fall off the writing horse. They also increase the visibility of the story, which increases readership, which increases feedback.

Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,271 Followers