SIW: Adam & Bronwille Ch. 04

Story Info
Confrontation.
7.8k words
4.77
15.5k
15
19

Part 4 of the 13 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mokkelke
mokkelke
880 Followers

SIW : Adam O'Neill

Here we are again with the next update. Many thank for Mikothebaby for her excellent edit skills. Evilsnoman, Nulli, J and all others in the guild and tweetland : thanks for the continuous support.

Won't stall much longer and say enjoy the chapter!

Mokkelke

Chapter Four : Confrontation.

It had been a quiet morning. All the regulars stopping by for breakfast, than the usual break as he got thing prepared for the lunch hour rush. Over time he had thought himself to single out all the smells around him. And then it hit him, that sweet smell he so longed to drown himself in. Adam twisted around. Smelling the air again, he wasn't sure he could believe this. She's here! Forgetting all about the food, he raced up front, stopping just in time to see her entering his tavern behind Mia.

What in heaven's name made her decide to come here for lunch he thought angrily.

Looking around he motioned for Katie to come to him. Restless as his wolf was, Katie was the safest choice as not to rile up the other staff, she was the only human working here.

"When they're seated can you ask Mia to come talk to me, Katie? You can tell her she's got a call waiting for her. She'll understand," Adam told her then he turned and went back to his kitchen.

He cursed loud when he saw several pans had burned food in them. As he kept on mumbling to himself he restarted the dishes that had gotten burned. So occupied with correcting things he didn't notice Mia stepping into his kitchen.

As she said hello to his, he startled and turned around abruptly, almost dumping the contents of one of his pots over her.

"Mia, are you out of your freaking mind? Why did you bring her here?" he spoke in an accusing tone. His wolf was close, pacing back and forth.

"Get a grip, Adam," she shot back at him, "And think for a change. Sure I admit, I haven't told her this is your place and whether she finds out or not is up to you. I hoped you would realize what it means for her to go outside already."

Mia tapped her foot impatiently, giving Adam the time to process everything.

"Mia, I've read her story, the first one. You have no idea how hard it is to contain myself. I just want to swoop her up and lock her away, making sure she's ok," Adam said with a pained voice. He paced angrily in front of Mia trying to gather his thoughts as if making up his mind on what to do, how to handle this, how to cope.

"You know you can't do that."

"Of course I know, I'm not that stupid!" Adam practically growled at her, his wolf's behavior taking over more of him than he was happy with.

He let out a grunt and turned back to his stove, trying to rescue some more food. His wolf was getting agitated, knowing their mate was up front and they couldn't really go near her. She would only back away from him and he didn't want that, couldn't endure that right now.

He felt a small hand on his back.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. My wolf is losing it and it's hard sometimes to push him back," Adam apologized.

"Relax Adam, take a breather. Think again what this means for her. Think how this can help both of you, even if you don't come out and say hello to her today," Mia soothed him.

"It's not that I don't want to say hello to her. You have no idea how badly I want to be around her. I'm afraid my wolf won't cope with it as well as I can. I've been having a hard time reading her story. That night in the 'The Viper' was perfect for us and that memory got tainted with her assault. I know, I got my revenge for that one. Sadly it's nothing compared to what I want to do to that piece of shit that abused her all those years ago. I want to rip him apart!"

"I understand."

"Do you?" he asked as he turned around, startling Mia with his sudden movement. "You only met me recently, you know me as the joker and the fun guy, but trust me, I have my own demons as well. To some level I was as bad as the ones that did this to her, but for totally different reasons. I did some bad things, things I'm not proud of, but I did them anyways. Reading her story has woken those up. I thought I had put it all behind me, guess I was wrong."

"What do you mean?" Mia asked in a concerned tone.

"Just leave it be for now, maybe one day, but not today. I've got to work through this. I think I get why you brought her here of all places, but I wish you hadn't. You only made me more determined to settle things once and for all for all those involved."

"Adam, what are you talking about? Don't start talking shit to me, you know I won't have any of that!"

"Just some things I have to go and take care of. I wasn't sure of it first, but seeing Bronwille..." he sighed. He pulled Mia in for a hug.

"I don't know how things will go, but I promise I'll let you know when something is up. But for now trust me, I've got to do this on my own, for me, for us. She may thank me for it later or maybe she won't. Just be there for her, ok?"

"Adam, you're talking in riddles here. I don't know what's up with any of it, but I don't like the sound of this one bit!" she said, getting out of his hug.

"You don't have to like it, just respect it and know it's something I just have to do on my own. It's like you at first, you didn't want us all to know what really was going on, but you see now it all worked out in the end. Mine is similar. Just promise you'll be there for her? Despite my anger I am happy to see her outside of her flat. It means there is hope. I won't be gone just yet, as I said, I promise to let you know. I owe you too much already."

He exhaled slowly. His wolf was a bit calmer now.

"I'm an emotional mess right now. Think Bronwille and I can compete about that. When the time is right I'll talk to you. Just let me deal with this?" he pleaded again.

At some level Mia understood there had to be a lot more to this outburst then he let on, she didn't like it, but if he had to fight his demons, then so be it. She remembered how adamant she was about keeping the rest of the Whelan-pack out of everything. She could only try to be the best friend possible, for either of them.

"Fine! Just read her other story before you do anything else? I'd hate to see you jump into things that would only drive you two further apart than is needed."

"That is on my to-do-list for when I go upstairs after work today. And Mia?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you and sorry. I shouldn't snap at you, none of this is your fault and in your condition. I should know better than to piss of a pregnant wolf," he chuckled with the last few words.

"Just cut it out already. We're wolves, we don't break easy, pregnant or not. Just sort your stuff then sweep this girl of her feet and show her how charming you can be if you set your mind to it."

Adam had to laugh. "I'm glad you're a friend, Mia. It's best you go back now before she gets agitated about being left alone. I'll bring you your usual, anything in particular Bronwille likes or dislikes?"

"She's got the same appetite as me, she's small, but she enjoys her food as much as I do," Mia answered with a wink.

"Just tell her the boss will make something special then, ok? On the house."

"Will you bring it?"

"Think it's best I don't, at least not at this moment. I can sense her anxiety, I don't want to make it worse. Remember she doesn't want to see me or talk to me. One step at a time."

"You may have a point there. I'll be off then. Whatever it is you need to do, try to sort it out fast and keep me in the loop."

"I'll do my best. You keep an eye out for her too, ok?"

Mia nodded and with that disappeared from his kitchen.

"Oh and Adam, remember one day you will tell me," she said winking at him as she turned. A small smile graced her face as she had gotten the last words.

Mia you little... Adam shook his head.

Closing his eyes he had to take a few deep breaths. He had his wolf under control, albeit barely. If he would go up to her right now, he couldn't be held accountable for the reaction of his wolf. Not having read her ordeal. Not after having his own demons being brought back.

He understood he probably sounded like a complete idiot, but he felt he was put in a position he didn't want to be in. At least not forced. If he wanted to make things better with Bronwille, it had to be on her terms.

Absentmindedly he put together the plates that had been ordered, adding an apology for any delays and then started working on a dish for Mia and Bronwille. He smiled to himself as he remembered Mia's word, telling him his cute little redhead had the appetite that could easily compete with that of a wolf.

When he was done dressing the plates he wanted to add another personal touch. Looking around his eyes fell on the huge bouquet of flowers that stood on the bar. Luckily for him Katie was just behind it, pouring out some drinks.

"Katie?" he whispered, trying to get her attention.

"What's up Adam?" asked the young girl.

"Think you could hand me two of them roses from that vase?"

Katie gave him an odd look.

"Anything wrong with you?" she questioned him.

"Just give them roses already," he grunted a bit more impatiently now.

Katie smiled, something must have happened to him in such a twist. He'd been grouchy for weeks on end now. She knew it was something important because every time she saw Mia come back from her visits to Adam he always seemed to be in a better mood.

"You making a pass at another man's woman? He's not going to like that?" Katie couldn't help but tease him.

Adam just gave her the evil eye.

"You know our kind doesn't do that!" Adam said in a strained voice. "Just do as you're told already."

Clearly annoyed that her attempt to tease him failed she turned around with a huff and selected two nice looking roses and handed them over. She knew all too well how "his" kind was. She walked amongst them every single day. There had been a time she had hoped she would catch his eye, but she had long given up on that and welcomed his everlasting friendship.

Her family had figured out there had to be something about him since he started working here when her mom was just ten years old. Her grandmother never questioned him always staying the same, barely aging. Once word got around they had a new cook things started going better for them. Mom had gone to college and there found her love for the law.

It left her grandmother with little choices. When her mom Katie, yeah she was named after her mother, graduated they held a party at the tavern and it was at that party that Katie told them she'd be moving out of town to start her career as a lawyer.

It was at that firm she'd gotten to know her future husband, her father. It had been a whirlwind romance, both her parents traveling the corporate ladder. Both focused on reaching the top as fast as they could. Their career was all that mattered to them. Mom barely came home to visit, let alone call home.

And then her mom got pregnant, it wasn't planned. After a long debate they had decided to keep her. Her mom worked as long as she could, she practically had to be dragged away from the firm only days before she was born. As her mom got into labor things took a turn for the worse. Though her mom had always meticulously about her appointments and never missed one they still overlooked the fact she was battling with a high blood pressure in the last days of her pregnancy.

Still unaware of her problem, mom went to the hospital, called in dad, called her own mother. By the time Katie's dad arrived her mom was already battling hard for her life and that of her unborn child. Her dad got hysterical.

After a while the doctors decided it was best they switch to a C-section, this normal birth was costing her mom too much energy. They didn't even took the time to give her an epidural, they knocked her out completely. Swiftly the doctors prepared her, told dad to wait outside and then focused on trying to save the baby.

By now they had noticed her elevated blood pressure but contributed it to her stressful situation. Little did they know they were only putting her life at more risk.

The doctor proceeded with the C-section. Right away the doctor knew something was wrong as he made the cut. A lot of blood poured onto the hospital floor. Then everything went downhill. They delivered the tiny baby as fast as they could. One of the nurses took care of the little baby girl while everybody else started working in overdrive. The last effort was just too much for Katie's body as it became clear one of the larger arteries near her womb had ruptured just before they started the C-section.

The doctor tried his best to stop the bleeding, giving her several bags of O-neg. It was all in vein, no matter what they did, no matter how much extra blood and fluids they gave her, they were fighting a lost battle. Thirty minutes after the little girl was born her mother was pronounced dead.

The little girl was washed, put into some crisp white baby clothes and put into a baby trolley. As the doctor emerged from the delivery room the nurse followed quickly with the trolley with the now sleeping baby.

Katie's mom had arrived in the meantime and both her and her dad had a worried look on their face. Without stalling the doctor gave them the bad news. They were able to get the baby out in time, but an unsuspected rupture proofed to be lethal.

Her dad's face had gone from worried to disdain as he looked at the tiny bundle that lay in the trolley, completely unaware of the tragedies happening around her.

"You take her." Was all her dad had said to Katie's mother, turned and walked away. Nobody heard of him until two days later. He hadn't showed up at the firm and one of the partners was worried and went to check up on him. Clutching a picture of Katie in one hand, he lay down in a puddle of blood. A gun laying discarded next to his other hand.

He couldn't cope with the loss of his wife, his dear Katie and did the only thing right in his mind. He'd taken his own life, finding life not worth living without Katie.

Her grandmother was at a loss, not only did she loose her daughter, she also lost her son-in-law and gained the care of a newborn baby girl. Not wanting to forget her daughter she named the little girl Katie. Her grandmother was always secretive about her parents but once she was old enough had told her what had happened to her parents.

In a way she hated her dad for not loving her enough to take care of her, on the other hand she did her best to understand the love he must have had for his wife that he thought it was needed to end his life.

So little Katie grew up around the tavern. Never questioned Adam. He was always there. While growing up he kissed away her boo boo's, as a teenager he scowled at the young males trying to get her to go on a date with them.

Later she was told what Adam really was. That revelation had spurred on her search for knowledge about them. She knew he belonged to a pack yet he spend most time with them at the tavern. As time went by word had gotten around about Adam being the cook and more and more were's started to frequent the place.

Katie had no real interest in college and once she was done with high school started working at the tavern. She got over her crush on Adam and now enjoyed their easy bantering and jokes.

Katie looked at his retreating back, she wanted the old Adam back, not Mister El Grouchy that had been rattling his pots and pans for the last two months now.

She had been surprised by his request and wondered if it had anything to do with the woman that came in together with Mia.

It didn't surprise her no longer that were's aged slower and by now she knew most by name. Mia must have been up to something because the minute she entered with her companion Adam called her over, almost demanding her to drag Mia out back.

And now this odd request?

She stalled a bit behind the bars, giving Mia's friend a good once over. She was tiny, but her deep red locks made it seem like she had an aura around her. She looked tired and wary, as if she wasn't feeling too comfortable. Does she even know almost everybody in the place is a werewolf? Katie wondered.

Someone clearing their throat behind her interrupted her gazing. Turning around she saw Adam standing behind her with two plates in his hands. Each had a rose decoratively placed on the side.

"Mind bringing these over to Mia and B.. her friend," he told Katie.

"Now what did I just say about making a pass at another wolf's woman?" Katie tried to tease him again.

"Don't even think about! Just take the plates to them and make sure they have everything they asked for. This is on the house also, so kindly tell that to the ladies." Adam sounded angry when he cut her teasing short, but mellowed as he said the rest of his orders.

She raised an eye brow questionably as she took over the plates. With a grunt Adam turned and disappeared into his kitchen, leaving her standing with the plates.

Katie looked at the rose on each plate. She knew he'd never done anything like that for Mia so she was convinced now it had to do with her companion. It dawned on her why he was acting the way he was. Mister Grouchy had found his mate and is now walking on pins and needles not to scare her off.

Making her way over to the table, she carefully placed a plate in front of them.

"With the compliments of the cook, he said it's on the house. If you need anything else, just let me know," Katie told them before giving a curt nod to Mia and then raced back to hide behind her bar.

She saw the smile on Mia's face and the light movement of her shoulders as if she was trying to hold back some laughter. Mia looked up, winked at her then tapped her nose, as if she silently wanted to tell her she understood.

Time will tell how this will turn out for Adam, she mused to herself and then went on with the rest of her shores and other customers.

+ + + +

Bronwille felt a bit overwhelmed, thought she didn't have a clue why. This place was small. Knowing Mia hadn't wanted to tell her where they were going she just assumed it would be one of those hippie places she tended to frequent a lot. When they stopped here she was actually surprised Mia wanted to enter here.

Obviously they must know her because they weren't even seated for a second when one of the waitresses came over and told Mia there was a phone call for her. Mia had given her a wink and a silly excuse of somebody not being able to cope without her.

Two months. She still couldn't believe the changes that occurred in Fran's and Mia's lives. Both had found the man of their dreams, those men being brothers completing their happiness. Mia had told her little bits of what happened since that evening, adding that she had one more surprise to share.

Toying with her glass she wondered when such kind of happiness would befall her. Locking herself away all this time again, made her aware of how many things that just went by her. One event, once again, fucking up her live.

Staring mindlessly at her glass of water she started going over everything again. Meeting this huge, rugged man. Having a wonderful evening with him. She smiled at the thought she had hoped once they arrived at her place she could tempt him to have a night cap. Little good that did to her. She didn't even make it to her car, let alone make it home.

She shut out the images that came next, everything happened so fast, it was all a blur and secretly she preferred it that way. The days after were hazy too until she woke that one morning, finding herself cozily cuddled up to a big warm body, strong arms holding her gently.

The feeling that washed over her was one of safety and contentment. Daring to turn around and look at who was holding her, she was hindered by those same arms holding her close in a vice like grip. She pushed against them, smiling as they parted little, giving her room to turn.

mokkelke
mokkelke
880 Followers