SIW: Adam & Bronwille Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers

Adam.

That's who was holding her. She wanted to shake her head, but his arms pulled her in close and all she could do was rest her head on his bare chest.

Bare?

Once she had felt his arms relax a bit more she tried to back away a little. Yup, bare chest indeed. And what a chest. You could almost see the muscles stretching over his stomach and chest. Only a few hairs covered his pecks. She itched to run her hands over them. A feeling she hadn't had in years. Carefully she had tried to look up, finding him asleep, or so she thought.

Little did she know that the man holding her was having a hard battle with his wolf to stay like this. Just having her in his arms, her carefully exploring eyes on him. He couldn't take much more so absentmindedly, or so he let it appear, he pressed her head against his chest as he murmured for her to go back to sleep, that everything was going to be fine.

Bronwille remembered his low baritone voice, just thinking about it still made her shiver. Making her want to be in his arms again. At that moment she had given in to her desire and had cuddles closer, drifting off to sleep once more. The next time she woke Adam lay on his back and she lay sprawled all over him.

Bracing herself on his broad chest, she lifted herself a little so she'd be able to look him in the eyes. Eyes that weren't leaving hers, eyes that trapped hers, eyes that looked straight into her soul. It was this last bit that started to frighten her. She didn't want anyone close to her again.

"Hey beautiful," he had said.

Only now did she notice the feint scratches and bruises, tentatively reaching out to touch one. He'd grabbed her hand.

"Don't worry about them, they'll heal. What matters is I got you out and unharmed. Just rest," Adam said in the low seductive voice of his.

Only this time the nearness of him made all her alarm bells go off. With lightning speed she had scrambled off of him and stood next to her bed.

"I guess I should be thankful for everything, but saving me doesn't give you any rights. I'm wide awake now, so you can leave." Those words left a bitter after taste in her mouth, but she couldn't take them back anymore.

She walked straight to her front door, followed closely by a confused Adam. Only then did she notice he still had his boots on. One arm trapped in the sleeve of his T-shirt he was trying to put on as he followed her.

"Bronwille, what's up? You know you can talk to me," he had pleaded.

"Let it be, Adam. Just go!" and with those words she had opened her front door and had silently waited for him to leave. He tried to talk to her, but she wasn't having any of it. An old too familiar fear was battling it's way to the fore front and she desperately wanted to be alone when she lost that battle. "Just go," she had pleaded a last time.

The second he stepped outside she had shut the door behind and made a bee line for her bedroom, ducking into the bed and letting the tears she held back flow freely.

She felt like a mess thinking back at the emotional roller coaster she had already been in today. Early this morning she read that poem left by "Atlas". That one really shook her to her core, acted like an honest, soul touching wake up call. Only because she felt lost afterwards, felt so confused did she accept Mia's invitation for lunch. She had thought once or twice about calling her up in those thirty minutes, wanting to cancel everything, but something deep inside of her kept nagging her that it was time to move on, to go outside.

Aimlessly she showered, got dressed, noticed how much weight she had lost, and she didn't have much to begin with and then sat there waiting for the telltale ringing that someone was downstairs. She chewed her nails hoping this would steady her hands.

And now she was sitting here, waiting for Mia to return to their table. On their way over Mia had told about Fran getting together with Nick and that things for them was serious. She went on with telling the same had happened for her when she met Chris, Nick's youngest brother. Both of them had already moved in with said brothers and both were over the moon with their new relationship.

She put on a fake smile as she saw Mia returning. In a way it pained her but on the other side she felt jealous of their happiness, she wanted it too, and just when she was getting back on her feet, meeting an awesome man she felt she could trust, everything shattered.

"And we're back. Someone needed some advice, but that's all cleared up now," Mia said. "I also ran into the cook of this place and he's starting on ours in a bit. I'm sure you're just going to love it. He's awesome in the kitchen."

Bronwille just let her chattering wash over her. At least this freed her of a tedious task of gazing upon a menu while she knew it wouldn't matter much what they brought out. All she wanted to do was scream and tell her friend to drop her back off at her flat. Just breath, I can do this. I have to get through this. It's just lunch she scolded herself mentally.

"I'm sure whatever is on our plates will be delish if you're freaking out over him like this," Bronwille tried to sound cheerful. She didn't want dampen her dear friends mood with her own dark thoughts.

"You're going to love it, trust me. I've never let you down before when it comes to food," Mia went on in a cheerful tune. She was trying hard to uplift her friends mood. Her wolf wanted to slap her, make her wake up to all the wonderful things around her, a very willing adorable man at her doorstep to complete it all. Yet she struggled.

Mia took this opportunity with both hands when Bronwille had called back and accepted her lunch invitation. She didn't know why but something inside of her had compelled her to call Bronwille and ask her. She was glad her friend had accepted, even if it was clear she wasn't comfortable. Even if Adam didn't show himself she hoped at some level to show him Bronwille had taken another step, albeit it felt a bit like trickery on her part.

"Besides I've some wonderful news to share," Mia went on, keeping up her cheerful bantering. She hoped this news could evoke an honest reaction out of her friend, instead of that fake smile she had plastered on her face since they entered.

Just as she wanted to tell her, the waitress from before walked up to their table, two plates balancing dangerously on one arm.

She set a plate in front both of them and then said, "With the compliments of the cook, he said it's on the house. If you need anything else, just let me know."

Mia immediately saw the red rose on her plate and on Bron's and she had to fight not to smile at this romantic gesture. Adam, you're just a big love sick puppy she thought to herself. As she looked up at the waitress she winked at her and tapped her nose. She understood what that little devil back there in the kitchen tried to do.

"Seems you have an admirer," Mia told Bronwille.

Hearing those words had Bronwille's eyes turn as big as saucers, a dangerous chill running over her spine. No no no, this can't be happening. Not now, not here. Bron cursed silently as she felt the sings of panic attack starting to appear.

"Bron, are you all right?" Mia asked.

"I ... bathroom ... panic," she blurted before making a sprint to the back. Hoping being alone would get her over this faster than trying to regain control over her breathing as she sat there between all those strangers.

Closing herself in into one of the bathroom stall she bend over, her head ducked between her legs as she forced herself to even out her breathing. She was so focused she didn't hear the knock on the door, she only registered the loud crash when the stall door in front of her was ripped away, only making her breathing get worse.

"Adam?" she managed to say in between labored breaths.

Before she knew it she was pulled against his taut chest and his arms held her gently. He picked her up and carried her out.

"Katie," she heard him said rather loudly, "Call in someone to take care of that door."

Her breathing was still erratic at best but him holding her had such a calming effect on her she didn't even think about fighting his hold on her.

She felt him sit down and then cradle her gently like she was the most precious thing in the entire world. Bronwille gave up her inner battle and cuddled closer, this was what she wanted for weeks. Just being in his arm, being held, feeling safe.

"It's ok now beautiful, I got you. Can you tell me what happened that caused you to react like this?" he asked in a soothing tone as he absentmindedly started rubbing her arm.

"I don't know," Bronwille replied in a shaky voice. "When we got our meals Mia made a comment about me having an admirer as we noticed the roses on our plate. I kinda freaked and felt a panic attack about to happen. I had to get out of there."

Bronwille felt him stop caressing her arm and he went rigid.

He engulfed her in a tight hug, oddly enough she didn't feel like anything bad was about to happen. Adam buried his head in her red locks and inhaled deeply.

"I'm so sorry, if I only knew you'd react like this. I'm sorry."

Bronwille did struggle a bit now, only to get a good look at him.

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong? Though come to think of it, how come you are here," taking quick stock of their surroundings she added, "and where exactly are we?"

"Oh I need to apologize. I put those roses there. If only I had known you're react like that, I wouldn't have done so. I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention at all."

Adam studied the surprise on her face, together with the curiosity that lurked below it.

"As to explain why I'm here and we're now in here is simple. I'm the cook here and I own this tavern. This is my office. Nobody will disturb us here," Adam further explained.

"Oh," was the one syllable reply Bronwille managed to get out. She felt the light laughter go through his body and all she wanted to do was crawl even closer, she didn't want to give up this feeling of feeling safe and cherished.

"I knew you were here the second you stepped through that door. I quickly made up an excuse to drag Mia back here. I wanted to know why of all places she brought you here."

He gave his words some serious thought, he didn't want to tell accidently Mia knew everything that had happened and had been keeping a close eye on her.

"She comes here a lot to eat and over the weeks we've really become good friends. So eventually she poked me about why I was in such a sour mood. I didn't went into detail," he knew he wasn't lying about that, it was Mia that had told him everything and had kept him up-to-date, "but just told you weren't answering my calls and not letting me in. I was kinda surprised when I saw the two of you walk in here. If I were to guess I think she's trying to play matchmaker," he ended with a chuckle.

Bronwille just stared at him. At least part of his reasoning explained why it seemed Mia felt so at ease at this place. Thinking back at the few inviting sniffs she had of the food on her plate she could understand Mia spending a lot of time here.

"And then I heard someone bolting right past my kitchen and the slamming of some doors. When I checked and didn't see you I assumed it was you and I wanted to know if you were all right. You didn't answer when I knocked the first time. So I entered, knocked again and still you didn't answer. It's then I kinda ripped the door of and here we are," he concluded his summary of the past few minutes.

"Oh," was once again her single reply.

"You feeling better now?" he inquired.

Closing her eyes she focused on checking her breathing and to her surprise it was back to normal, all the anxiety gone from her body.

"Yeah, the worst is over now. Thanks again, I guess," she mumbled.

"It's fine. Do you want to go back up front with Mia or do you prefer going home?"

"Honestly? I'd prefer to go home, but I guess I should go back to Mia. I'm a mess myself and I don't know how I let myself get tricked like this, but I wouldn't be a good friend if I'd ditched her. No, I'll go back. I seem to recall her saying she had some other news to tell me still. Confused as I feel I am curious enough to want to know what she still has to tell me."

"Ok, if that's what you want."

"Want and need are two different things. I need to do this, I don't want to."

"You should do what you want," he quickly shot back.

A sad look appeared on her face.

"I can't have what I want."

"What do you want then?"

"Something that's not meant for me, just leave it at that. I'm going back to Mia now," she cut of his questioning.

Struggling a bit to get of his lap, Adam relented and helped her up.

"Promise me you'll take care of yourself?"

"Yes dad," she replied rolling her eyes at him.

"I'm not joking here, if there is anything, night or day, call me or come over. Promise?" he urged again.

Staring at him she noticed the seriousness of his words and she gulped. Maybe? No he's not for me, he's just being kind. Just as the previous time. her doubt was once again creeping forward.

Bronwille simply nodded.

"Remember. Anything!" he stressed once more before he dipped his head and very lightly brushed her lips and straightened again.

She was lost for words, her hand sneaking up touching her lips. They tingled from the brief touch of his sweet soft lips.

"Come, let's get you back to Mia and I'll get you a new plate. Anything in particular you like?" he replied with a chuckle as he saw her astonishment.

Puzzled she looked up at him again, "What?"

"Food? What do you fancy? Then I'll whip up something fresh and warm," he explained.

"Oh, anything really. I like all food, you should know that," she replied, then silently cursed herself for referring back to that evening.

"Hmm I know, I'll surprise you then."

He kept his arm loosely around her as he escorted her out of his office and stopped at his kitchen.

"Seems it's my day for burning food," he sighed. "Ah well another round on the house it is. Now off you go, go back to Mia, I bet she's about to burst with curiosity at where you were all this time."

"I think she is; surprised she didn't barge in."

"She's a smart woman, she may not always now when not to stick her nose in things, but she has her moments," Adam said loud enough so he know Mia would pick up his words. It was his little pay back. "I'll be right over with your meal ok?"

"Sure. Thanks again," she said making wavy gesture with her hand, "for everything."

"That's no biggie. You just remember too, anything, understood?"

She nodded, turned quickly to hide her smile and made her way back to Mia's table.

Sitting down she couldn't help but notice the smug look on her friends face.

"Everything ok now?" Mia asked.

"Yeah I'm fine now. Panic attack," Bronwille tried to sound blasé about it, "But Adam burst in and we talked a bit. I'm fine now, really."

"Hmmm," was her dubious reply as if she wanted it to be more than it was.

"You could have told me this was Adam's," Bronwille scolded her friend next, feeling just a bit angry.

"I could have, but I knew you would be missing out on something delicious. That this is Adam's place is just a bonus, don't you agree?"

"You tricked me and you know it!"

"Uhu, I didn't, I just called you and asked you out for lunch. I'm just happy you accepted, you've been camping inside that flat of your too much. I hoped some fresh air would do you good." And even though you had a panic attack I am glad you talked with Adam, you just need to trust him and learn he'd never do anything to hurt you. He's your mate, my friend, he'll make you happy if you let him.

"Well yeah, fine... just don't mention any admirers anymore, kay? That kinda freaked me out and I really don't want a repeat of that."

Mia quickly pieced things together and felt hurt that in her honest attempt to make her friend feel better she actually caused her to panic.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize. No more talk of admirers, promise," she told Bronwille.

"But Mia, how come you didn't come out back?" Bronwille asked.

"You know that waitress from before?"

Bronwille nodded.

"I wanted to give you a moment and then come after you. Just as I got up Katie, the waitress, came over telling me you were with Adam. I know he would never do anything to hurt you so I waited."

"I see."

"Sweetie, if I had any kind of doubts, no matter how huge and strong he would be, I'd be kicking his ass to the hereafter if he would only think of hurting you. I just," Mia sighed, she didn't want to tell she knew everything, "I saw the glances you two were giving each other that night. I don't know how things went between you two, but he's been grouchy ever since that night. I'm not saying you have to jump his bones, I just hoped you'd give him an honest chance."

"Don't make more of it than it was. He was just being friendly." Sure that kiss he gave you was just friendly her consciousness chimed in.

"If you say so. I'm not butting in," Mia declared, theatrically throwing her hands up in the air.

"Curious as to how long you'll manage not too. It's your second nature, you can't help it, my dear friend." Bronwille had to smile now. Mia was unbelievable sometimes, though she always did everything with the best of intentions and most times things worked out fine.

Just as she wanted to Mia what her news was she saw Adam coming to their table, plates in hand. Bronwille didn't really know where to look first, so decided to focus on her glass of water.

"I think a warm meal would do you both some good," Adam said.

Bronwille didn't look up at him, afraid that if she did her cheeks would grow a bright red shine. Instead she focused on the plate in front of her. Looking closely she couldn't help herself. She let out an honest laughter. Adam had dressed her plate in such a way she had one of those funny faces smiling back up at her.

Mia didn't quite get what had Bronwille laughing like this than looked at her own plate. She recognized the smiley faces, only hers was one with little horns.

"You didn't?!" Mia squealed before she burst out and joined Bronwille.

"I sure did. Anyways enjoy the mail. You're welcome here at any time, both of you," Adam said lightheartedly before he turned and went back to his kitchen.

Bronwille just stared at his retreating form. Huge and muscled, yet moving with such graze. It was almost stealth like.

Mia snapped her fingers in front of Bronwille's face.

"Not interested, right?" she deliberately teased her friend.

Bronwille shook her head and focused on her meal. Even with the smiley face it looked and smelled delicious and she couldn't wait to savor whatever was on her plate.

Grabbing her fork and knife she attacked her plate, suddenly very hungry.

Not bothering to swallow first she looked up at Mia and said, "This is good, real good!" before she continued eating.

Mia just grinned as she saw her friend devour bite after bite. Adam will be all too pleased to know Bronwille was almost having a foodgasm.

A bit more dignified she started eating as well, just letting time go by as both of them cleared their plates. One would never have known there had been food on it.

"Now as for the other news. With everything I didn't get round to telling you yet. You're the only one who doesn't know yet and I thought it's about time we filled you in," Mia started.

Bronwille's curiosity perked up.

"What did you need to tell me?"

"You know you're like a sister to me, just like Fran and Liz. And well... you're going to be an auntie!" Mia told excitedly."

"I'm what? How? When? You're kidding? You must be kidding me?"

"No I'm not Bron. Six more months and I'll be a mommy and you'll be an auntie."

mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers