Skimming off the Top Ch. 01

Story Info
A tale of kidnapping, love and laundering.
1.4k words
4.39
11.9k
00

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necessary to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

*

Mr. John Freeman, head CEO of the biggest financial company in the Midwest was in big trouble. Not the type of trouble that a quick talking man like himself could easily get out of. Oh no. this was much bigger than that. So big in fact, that he was not sure he could get out of it alone. So he called to his secretary.

"Mary," he called through the intercom to the desk outside his plush overstuffed office with a view. "Mary, could you come in here for a second?"

Before John could take his finger off the button, Ms. Mary Lake entered the office with all the enthusiasm of a secretary making 100 grand a year.

"Yes, Mr. Freeman," she said brightly while headed toward his desk, a good 40 feet from the door. "What can I do for you sir?"

"Mary, it seems that today is a very important day, and it seems that someone has forgotten that today is a very important day." John folded his hands in his lap and looked at Mary.

"Sir?"

"It seems that you forgot to tell me today was my wedding anniversary."

Mary turned white and began to babble. "Sir! I am so horrible sorry! I mean, I knew it was coming, of course I did, I know every year. But with this new account and with the new partner moving in, my work load has almost tripled! How could I forget? I mean..."

"Mary!" John bellowed from behind the desk. Mary closed her mouth and regained her composure. "Quit your whining. This is not the time for this! Now, you fix it and let me know when everything is done."

"Sir, it will be done," Mary said almost bowing as she left the office. "I will have this fixed within an hour sir." Closing the door behind her, John was now in the privacy of his office alone. Staring out the window and thinking of the bottle of scotch in his desk drawer, his next order of business walked through the mahogany doors.

"Jake!" john bellowed standing up. "Good to see you boy!"

"And you Mr. Freeman." Jake said looking around the posh office. "I hope you don't mind," he said nodding towards the door. "It looked like your secretary didn't want to be bothered, and I am not sure if she knew I was there."

John scowled. "Yeah, she forgot my anniversary. Can you believe that?" He scoffed as he offered a seat to the young clean-cut man. Jake took it, unbuttoning his jacket before sitting. John took his place behind the desk again and became serious.

"Jake, I am sorry to hear about your father."

"Thank you Mr. Freeman," Jake said sincerely. "I am still in some shock over the whole thing."

"Call me John will you?" He asked passing a box of cigars to his young friend. "I know it has been hard. Your father was a good man. He worked well in this company and a lot of people here respected him."

"Thank you for the kind words Mr. Free – I mean, John." Jake said. He stoked on the cigar and sat a few minutes in silence. It started to become uncomfortable when John spoke.

"I am sure you are wondering why I asked you here." He said raising his stogie to his lips. He exhaled and continued. "So I will get right to the point. I want you to be apart of my company and work for me like your father did."

"Mr. Freeman, I –"

"Now, of course it won't be same position mind you, but you will have the majority of the perks and some of the responsibility."

"John, I mean –"

"Of course we will continue to pay for your tuition until you graduate with your Doctorate in Finance, and of course you will be housed and have an nice piece of metal to drive around." John smiled.

"Mr. Freeman, I really-"

"John, please,"

"John, I really appreciate the offer, but I am not sure if I am big enough, so to speak, to fill my fathers shoes. It's still so early after his suicide and I have a lot of loose ends to tie up." He looked at John with downcast eyes. He didn't like to turn down the offer, but what choice did he have? His main goal from now on was to find out why his father had killed himself.

Jake thought everything was going very well for his father. He was in his late 50s, worked for one of the largest financial firms in the US. Jakes mother had died when he was 7, and his father had raised him since then.

Jake never wanted for anything as a teen, although that only came because his father put in long and tedious hours when he first started working for John Freeman. He had worked his way up to senior analyst and senior accountant. He literally ran the company for John, and was paid well to do it.

Jake remembers that day almost a month ago. He had just returned home from college, he was a senior this year at Harvard. He was pursuing a doctorate in Finance, and was glad to be almost done.

"Dad?" He called, when he opened the large front door. He threw his keys on the side table and dropped his bag. He walked straight back to the kitchen and called again. "Dad? Its Jake!"

While it wasn't unusual for his dad to be out of the house, Jake made a point to call earlier in the day to tell him his was coming home.

"Jake, I will offer you one hundred and fifty thousand a year plus bonus." John said pushing back smiling, drawing Jake out of his daydream. He couldn't turn that down he thought.

"John, I really appreciate the offer, like I said, but there are some things I want to do and, -"

"two hundred."

Jake sat there in silence for a moment thinking about it. Thinking about what 200 grand could do. How that could help find out what happened to his father. How much information he could buy with 200 grand. Before he could give john his answer, the homely secretary poked her head into the office.

"Sir?" Mary asked cautiously.

"Yes, dear, what is it?"

"Sir, I think I have fixed the problem sir." She pushed her glasses up on her nose and waited for the signal to proceed. After working for Mr. Freeman over 23 years, she knew when to begin. When he grunted in her direction, she continued.

"Sir, I have made reservation at the China Club. I'll have you know that we had to pay off the restaurants manager Sir, to lose the reservations for the party at 7. Your reservations are at 7 now Sir, and please remember to tip well." Mary smiled and went on. "Tiffany's is sending over a necklace for your wife Sir, and will be gift wrapped and ready to go. I took the liberty of buying the Diamond And Garnet set Sir, since January is her Birthday."

"Didn't you buy her Garnets last time?" John asked.

"No Sir. That was Christmas 1995." She smiled sheepishly to Jake who was still deep in thought of his own. He smiled back in a half way and she went on.

"In addition, I have booked the Honeymoon suite at the Royale and a Limo will be picking your wife up at 6. Your tux is on its way over from Kline's, so please be ready by 6:30 Sir." She smiled brightly.

"Thank you Mary," John said. "There will be a little something extra this month in your bonus."

"Thank you sir. Would you and Mr. Morgan be needing anything else this evening?"

"Jake?" John said looking at him and nodding towards Mary. "Would you like a drink, coffee?"

"oh, no thank you Mary."

"Very well." Mary said and made a quick and quite entrance. Just as Mr. Freeman preferred.

"so," john said, "Back to business. What do you say?"

Jake sat a minute and glanced out the window. He was becoming uncomfortably hot in the office as big as it was, but the pressure gave in.

"Mr. Freeman, I would love to work in this company and carry on what my father started."

Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers