Skimming off the Top Ch. 02

Story Info
More of the story.
2.1k words
4.36
9.9k
00

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necc. to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

*

"Hey Alex," Sara Clemmins called. "Do you think this looks all right?" She stepped out of the dressing room wearing a simple white slip dress that fell to the floor. Alexis Freeman, Alex's twin sister, came from behind the rack and gave Sara a critical look.

"Do you really want to buy that? It's so plain. I mean come on! This is the P-R-O-M we're talking about!" Alexis spelled out. "Now this..." Alexis said while reaching behind her back, "Is what I call daring!" She held up a long, red, backless dress with red sheer material at the midriff.

Alex looked between the two girls and shrugged his shoulders. "Does it really matter?"

"Ugh! You are so impossible! No wonder no one wants to date you!" Alexis flipped her hair and stomped back to the dressing room. Sara giggled and Alex watched her pull another dress off the rack. Alex pondered the "girly" remarks while taking a minute to compared his sister to her best friend, Sara.

Sara had all the classic features; Brown hair, green eyes and the body of a ballet dancer. Alexis on the other hand had blonde hair, like his own, steel blue-gray eyes and spoiled. Alexis and Sara had meet the third day of kindergarten in Ms. Cozy's class. The only reason they hadn't meet on the first day was because Alexis refused to leave the house on account that she didn't have the right Mary Jane's to match her dress. Of course, Alexis still had this issue when she left the house everyday.

Alex was thinking about Sara so intently, he never heard Tea Mitchels come up behind him.

"Hello! Earth to Alex!" She said with a grin as she waved her hand in front of his face. "Lost in space again are you? There is a big smile on your face, and I don't think I want to know what you are thinking about." Tea's attention was shifted when Sara came out of the dressing room wearing a light blue dress with spaghetti straps. Now she knew why Alex was lost in dream world when she arrived.

"Whoa baby! You look hot!" Tea catcalled to Sara. Sara smiled and did a curtsy with a little spin. Tea added in a few whistles and hoots. She looked at Alex looking at Sara and shrugged.

"All right..." Tea said rolling her eyes. "Well, we have a lunch date in a half hour so if you two can live without me, I'm going to find Alexis and we'll get a table and meet you there. bye!" Sara returned to the dressing room as Tea did a perfect pirouette and went off to search for Alexis.

Alex just stood there feeling stupid. Why didn't I say anything? Alex thought to himself. Why didn't I ask her out? She might have said yes. Or she could have said no.

Sighing, he tore his gaze away from the dressing room and started walk in the direction of Tea's laughter and his sister's giggles.

"Alex, over here!" Alexis called when she saw his head just over the rack. She turned to Tea. "What do you think of these?" She said and held up a pair of white lace shorts over the top of the rack. Just then Sara rejoined the group dressed in her jeans and shirt. She didn't have the dress.

"Oh. I like them. They'll go with my new tank I just bought. Are you going to buy them?" Sara picked up the shorts and held them in front of herself.

"No. You can have them. Besides, I have three pairs at home anyway." Alexis whined as she surrendered the shorts. No sooner than she finished her sentence, she was on the go again as picked up her many shopping bags. She handed half to Alex who took them, but not willingly. "Come on let's get to lunch. Shopping makes me hungry!"

The three girls sauntered out of the boutique and headed in the direction of the restaurant with Alex tagging behind them.

Halfway to the restaurant Sara dropped behind her two friends while they talked to a passerby that turned out to be a neighbor of Tea's. She slowed enough so that she was matching speed with Alex, which wasn't very fast and she tried to make small talk.

"So," Sarah said, stumbling for something to say, "Why are you carrying Alexis's bags? You never let her get away with that."

"Well," Alex said shifting his weight, "I actually owe Lex a few favors. She helped me with my English presentation. She is more creative then people give her credit for. So, in exchange, I promised to become her caddy next time she went shopping." He smiled sheepishly as the two sat on the wooden bench. Alexis and Tea were still talking to their friend.

"Oh, I see." Sara said. "I guess that is the good thing about having a brother. Or a sister. Being an only child sucks." She said as she glanced impatiently at her watch.

"I wish they would hurry up. I am starving." Alex said as he sighed again. His sideway glances at Sara did him no good because it didn't seem that she was paying attention. He began to open his mouth to mention the upcoming weekend in hopes of asking her out, but he was interrupted by his sister.

"Sorry guys. That was Ms. Summers. She just had twins and she was telling us all about the little adventures. I hope she doesn't ask us to baby-sit." She sighed. "You all ready to eat?"

Everyone nodded in agreement. When they got to the little restaurant situated on the outskirts of the mall, Sarah and Alexis excused themselves to use the ladies room. Alex and Tea reached the table first, grabbing the one in the back. When the two sat down Tea started her little inquisition.

"All right. Tell me what has you so flustered these days!" She clapped her hands together like a child and placed them on the table.

"Tell you what?" Alex asked setting the bags down on the floor next to him. He settled into his chair and picked up the napkin laying on the table. He started to shred it into white strips.

"As if you don't know. I see the way you look at her! Why can't you just ask her out? She's just a girl. What, afraid she'll beat you up?" She waited for the comment to register with Alex. When he figured out Tea was talking about Sara, he smiled, and Tea motioned for the waiter to come over.

"Hey! That's not fair. She was like 4 inches taller than me!"

"Yeah, but she made you cry!" Tea said trying not to laugh. Straitening her face, Tea tried to be serious and asked, "so what's the problem?"

"The problem is," Alex confessed, "That she's not 'Just Another Girl.' She's my sister's best friend. I used to put bugs down her shirt and pull her braids and scare her on Halloween. I've never though of her this way. How can I ask her out? She probably hates my guts for all the nasty things that I did to her when we were kids." Exasperated, he lowered his head into his hands. Before Tea could respond to his heartfelt outpour, Alexis sat down next to her and placed her purse on the floor as Sara followed in suite.

The only available spot now was next to Alex. Sara took a moment to debate the situation but ended up next to him anyway. Tea picked up the menu and glancing sideways at Sara.

"Did you all think that trig test was just awful? "Alexis said. "I studied for a while last night, but Chad was having this party and I just had to go. I'll be lucky if I pass with a C this semester. How about you guys?"

"I studied for about an hour." Sara said. "I might have missed one or two, but I think I did okay." She finished quickly as the waitress walked over.

"May I take your order?" The young girl asked. "I want the fried shrimp, the specialty burger and a piece of the cherry pie up on the counter." Alexis put down her menu and all her friends just looked at her with arched eyebrows. "What? Shopping makes me hungry!" She said sincerely closing the menu.

"Okay my turn," Tea said as the waitress made her way to her, "I would like the monetary cheese burger, shoestring fries and a club soda. With a twist of lemon please."

"The same," said Sara and Alex together. They looked at each other and then grinned. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, Alexis piped up, not noticing the heat between her brother and Sara.

"Did you all spy that new cutie in home room? He's the new student. Nobody knows where he's from but he sure is hot! His name is Miles I think, and we have fifth period gym together. He sure can spike a ball!" She wiggled her eyebrows, "I wonder what else he could spike!" Alexis said as she giggled.

"You wicked little girl! Talking dirty like that! You ought to be ashamed of yourself!" Tea exclaimed knowing full well that Alexis said anything that was on her mind. Sara laughed and Alexis kept giggling. Alex tried hard not to smile but his twin was always so giddy and her laugh was contagious.

A few moments later Jeremy Byron walked over to their table. He was the jock everyone loved. Except Alexis. He was spoiled, rich and was used to getting just about anything and anyone he wanted. He was still having trouble convincing Alexis of that fact.

"Hi ya'll," He said in his conceited southern accent. He gave Alex a high five and a nod to Sara and Tea. He focused his attention almost immediately on Alexis.

"My, don't you look good. Is that a new dress? The blue brings out your eyes. And your hair is so shiny." He leaned over closer, inches away from her face. "Umm. I love that smell. Strawberries." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Alexis rolled her eyes and said, "How many times do I have to tell you Jeremy, that I just don't like you?" She smiled, but Jeremy looked confused.

"What are you talking about? I know you have the hots for me."

"I never have and I never will." Alexis said. Jeremy started to speak, but Alexis interrupted. "And fifth grade spin the bottle does not count!" Alexis reached out and made a 'shew' motion with her hand. "I am with my friends and you are bothering me." She tried to say with a stern face.

"Don't worry about it," Jeremy said straitening and reached to take a sugar packet from the table. "You want me you just don't know it yet. Wait and see. Catch ya'll later." Alexis and her friends burst out laughing as Jeremy walked back over to the table of jocks. They were snickering as Jeremy took his seat at the head of the table.

"Your so mean!" Sara said. "That poor boy. He's been after you since grade school. Why don't you just give him a chance?"

"A chance? Ha!" Alexis said. "The only chance he needs is to walk on two legs without a leash!" The group started laughing as the food was being brought. Settling down, they began to eat with ravenous appetites.

On the way home, Sara's Jeep was hopping with a new CD from the mall and her friends were trying to sing along. As the sun was setting, Sara couldn't have been happier. The weather was finally warming up and spring was just coming into bloom. She smiled at the thought of the upcoming summer and all the fun she was going to have with all of her friends.

One by one, Sara dropped off her friends. First Tea and then Alex and Alexis. She turned around in the little cul-de-sac and headed home, the wind blowing her hair and her head filled with happy thoughts.

Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers