Skimming off the Top Ch. 03

Story Info
They continue.
2k words
4.48
8.4k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necessary to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

*

"Shut up!" Sara screamed at her alarm clock. 6:30 blinked with the constant blare of the 'beep, beep, beep'. She rolled over and hit the off button and put her head under the pillow. A few minutes later she rolled out of bed and picked up the closest pair jeans.

"Ugh!" She sighed and tossed them hastily in the corner. Sara fished through her laundry basket and most of her clothes ended up on the floor.

"Maria!" Sara called for the twice a week housekeeper from the top of the stairs. "Have you seen my good jeans? Maria!" After no answer, she sighed and walked back into her room and decided on a faded pair of Levi's and the new sweater she bought over the weekend. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail and added some blush and lip-gloss.

Satisfied with her wardrobe, she pounded down the stairs and into the kitchen. She picked a bran muffin from the counter and the keys to her jeep. She let the barking Moxy out into the yard where she also saw Maria in the garden weeding. She looked up and waved as the dog came barreling towards her. Sara turned and grabbed the spare change from the basket on the microwave where her mom usually dropped it.

Locking the front door behind her, Sara jumped into her jeep and backed out of the driveway. Driving to Oakcreast High, she popped in a Jewel CD and turned up the volume.

"Who cares if it's only 7 in the morning?" Sara asked herself out loud. She could have walked, but it is much more fun driving. As she turned on to Oak Street, she saw the new guy Alexis was talking about. He looked all right but definitely not her type. What was his name again?

Before she could remember, she saw Alex's corvette. When she pulled into the school parking lot, he took the spot next to her jeep. Since Alexis's mustang was in the garage, the two had been driving to school together.

"God Sara!" Alexis said, "You like hell. Did you sleep last night?"

"It doesn't feel like it. Do I have circles under my eyes?" But before Alexis could respond, they heard Tea from across the parking lot.

"Hey!" Tea screamed waving her hands in the air from across the parking lot.

"My god Sara," Teas said looking her up and down, "did a vampire come and visit you last night? Your pale as a ghost."

"Thanks for the compliment." Sara said sarcastically and stuck out her tongue. "I think I am coming down with something. I feel kind of rundown. Maybe it was all the shopping."

Alexis laughed. "Well, you know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

They all made their way to the front door through the throng of other teenagers rushing to class. Before they got inside, Jeremy joined them.

"Hey honey dew," he said to Alexis in a drawl, "may I walk you lovely ladies to class?" He bowed and extended his hand to Alexis.

"Drop dead," she said and knocked his hand away and rolling her eyes. "Go back to the dog pound where you belong. Last time I checked, dogs weren't allowed in schools." Alex snickered as he watched his sister turn down Jeremy for the thousandth time. Alexis turned up her nose and walked away with a wave of her hand. Tea shrugged her shoulders and grabbed Sara's sleeve and pulled her away.

"Why can't he just leave me alone? He is like a fruit fly that won't go away." Alexis said as she fluffed her hair in her locker mirror. She grabbed her books and slammed the door shut. "Doesn't he get the hint?"

"He's got it bad," Tea said talking about Jeremy. "Just like somebody else I know," she said in a sing song voice and looked directly at Alex. He blushed and Sara dropped her pen.

"Well, well. Isn't it Miss America at her finest." Elizabeth Stowery said to Alexis as she walked up to the huddled group. Elizabeth was the ms. Bitch of high school. She thought she ran Oakcreast High and made it a point to let everyone know how rich she was.

She was girl who was only a friend if you cold do something for her. The clique she was in was so close knit some people swore that they got their periods at the same time. She sauntered up to the group and placed herself between Alex and Sara, turning into Alex's arm.

"Hello Alex," she purred. Tea put her fingers in her mouth and pretended to gag. Tea didn't hide the fact that she didn't like Elizabeth and Tea really didn't care.

"My, my Tea," Elizabeth said slipping her hand around Alex's arm and turning toward her. "What was it, Discount Day at the Salvation Army?" Smirking she said, "Tell me, where do you buy your clothes?"

"Who did your hair? Edward Scissors Hands?" Tea retorted.

Elizabeth smiled. "How...flattering, but no. I have my own personal hairdresser. Oh, I'm sorry, have you ever been to a real hair dresser, besides the Hair Cuttery?" Elizabeth said with a frosty tone cold enough to freeze blood. When she got no response, she turned to leave snuggling up to Alex for a final time. "Well, I would love to stand here and toss insults back and forth all day, but I must get to class. Bye-bye!" Elizabeth walked away with a toss of her hair but not before blowing Alex a kiss.

"Bite me very much," Sara said with a sick look on her face. "Who does she think she is, Princess Grace?"

"At least Princess Grace had real hair," Alex said shoving his hands into his pockets. "And didn't sleep with everyone in her senior class. Well, gotta run. Wait for me after class Alexis. Bye Sara." Giving a small wave Alex walked to his first period class.

"See ya," Sara called after him.

"All right I got to go too. If I'm late one more time Mr. Jenkins will kill me. Wait for me at lunch. Okay?" Alexis asked staring at her friend. "Sara?"

"Yeah, sure. Lunch. I'll be there. Bye." Sara tried to recover before she started walking to her class. She couldn't let Alexis know that she wasn't thinking about lunch or even that bitch Elizabeth, but about her brother Alex.

When the bell rang for fifth period, a swarm of kids filled the halls. Alexis was grateful that her lunch period was right after her trig class because by now she needed a good pick me up.

Rushing to the Quad so as not to miss a minute of her freedom, she didn't see the boy she bumped into.

"Oh, I am so sorry," Alexis said bending down to pick up the scattered books. "Sometimes I just get so crazy that I don't pay attention where I'm going and..." She stopped suddenly when she realized whom she was talking to.

"Don't worry about it," the silky masculine voice said. "I am clumsy too. I'm Miles." The new student stuck out his hand. "I am new here at Oakcreast. I don't know many people and I have a feeling that everybody is staring at me." He smiled shyly. All Alexis could do was smile back.

Thinking quickly so as not to end the chance encounter, she said the first thing that came to mind. "I'm on my way to lunch right now. Would you like to sit with my friends and me? You know, try and make you feel welcomed." She handed back his books. She couldn't believe she crashed right into this boy and then just asked him to lunch. It wouldn't make up for the fact that she tackled the poor boy, but Alexis thought it was better to act first and think later.

"I would love to sit with you and your friends. Which way to the cafeteria?" Miles began walking towards the end of the hall where the majority of the teenagers were headed.

"You have got to be joking! The caf? If you eat there, you won't make it a week. Besides, my friends and I eat outside. It's only natural. And, if you want a social life here, it's best if you stick with me." She smiled at him and started walking towards the double doors leading outside.

Alexis saw him smile and started towards the double doors that led to the outside quad. Alexis walked a little straighter and let her hair swing a little faster when she saw the looks she got from her friends and her not so friends. Being seen with the new hottest guy could have its advantages, she thought to herself.

"Everyone," Alexis said as she reached her group. "This is Miles. Miles, this is Sara, Tea and my twin brother Alex." She named her friends as she pointed them out.

"Hi. It is very nice to meet you all. I haven't met many people since I have been here," Miles said his words with a slight drawl, and slowly so that the others could understand him. "But it is nice to know somebody." He smiled shyly and took a seat next to Alexis. It just so happened that it was the only one available. Sara was the first to speak.

"So, what are you studying? Are you going to go to college here?" She took a bite of her sandwich and a sip from Tea's diet soda.

"Well, I have only been in here for two months and I am living with my aunt on Banker Street. Do you know where that is?" He shaded his eyes from the sun at looked at Sara. She began her reply but no sooner than she opened her mouth did Alexis jumped in.

"Of course! That is right near that Café on Bolden right?" She placed her hand on her chest in a mock gesture. "I love that place. My friends and I go there all the time! You have got to try their double espresso. Maybe we could go sometime." She nudged his arm with her elbow, inviting a date to be made.

"Gee Alexis, what was the name of that Café?" Tea asked with a fake look of puzzlement while Alex tried to keep from smiling.

"Oh, well, you know Tea. We go there all the time." Alexis said through clenched teeth and a smile. She looked around to the others to make sure they got her hint.

"Oh, that Café," Sara said after getting Alexis's clue. "Yeah, we got there all the time. Great coffee," she said enthusiastically. Alex on the other hand didn't play along.

"What are you talking about Lex? You have never been there a day in your life. We wanted to go last weekend and you said that only dorks hang out there." He balled up his paper bag and sailed it into the garbage can. "I think your hairspray fumes have gone to your head." Alex walked away without so much as a backwards glance.

"Brothers are so dumb," Alexis piped up trying to steer the conversation back to her. "So how about that Café? How is Friday for you Miles?" She gave him her most winning smile that was rewarded with a curt nod.

"Sure. Why not. Would you like to come Sara? Bring your boyfriend Alex. Tea can come too. We'll make it a little party." He smiled wide and put his arm around Alexis who was on his left and Sara who was on his right. Alexis smiled on the outside but was fuming inside. She was going to find a way to make it a party all right. A private party.

Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers