Skimming off the Top Ch. 04

Story Info
A little more.
1.6k words
4.55
7.5k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necessary to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

Sara, Alexis and Tea were spread around Alexis's large bedroom deciding what to do with their Saturday afternoon. Tea was flipping through one of the many fashion magazines lying around Alexis's room, and Alexis was braiding Sara's hair.

"We could go watch the guys baseball practice," Tea said from behind a copy of Vogue. "Don't they get the new uniforms this year?"

"Yeah, but what's the point?" Alexis said. "There's nobody there I want to see run around in tights. Jason McGrail graduated last year and he was the only reason I ever went to a game. Besides," Alexis said while pulling in strands of hair, "Next time I step onto that field, it will be as captain of the cheer leading squad!" Alexis threw her hands up in a mock salute, dropping the tight braid that was forming in Sara's hair.

"Okay, how about this," Tea said as she put down the magazine. "Why don't we go back to the mall for a few hours and see if we can find something to wear to the Spring Fling next week. I saw a really cute sun dress in the window of Bumbles." She looked at her friends to see if they liked the idea. They shrugged, not thrilled with the thought of going back to the mall, but were agreeable since there was not much else to do, and why give up an opportunity to spend money?

"We can even take my Jeep if you want me to drive." Sara volunteered jingling her keys. "Who knows, maybe we might even run into Miles." She raised her eyebrows towards Alexis, knowing that that was sure to persuade her to go.

"All right you guys," Alexis said grabbing her purse from the vanity table by the bed, "lets go find a dress. Maybe we will see Miles there. And who knows," Alexis said flipping her hair, "Maybe he will be the lucky guy to take me to the dance!"

The girls left through the front door and out to Sara's Jeep. The three friends piled in and turned up the music loud enough to get stares from the neighbors who where trying to enjoy the afternoon on their porches. Laughing as they turned the corner, they never saw the car following them.

* * *

Although it was an exhausting day at the mall, the girls were pleased with their purchases. Each had chosen a dress to wear the following week to the spring dance. Even if they didn't have dates yet, it was better to be prepared just in case. They didn't see Miles there, but the girls didn't even look for him.

Alexis picked out a soft yellow floral, with small straps and a high skirt. A pair of Nine West sandals completed the outfit. "It's enough to show my stuff, but leaves enough to the imagination," she had said after coming out of the dressing room. Tea and Sara gave Alexis a 'you've got to be kidding' look, but had to admit it did look good.

Sara on the other hand picked out a light green slip dress that flared at the hips and swayed slightly when she walked. Like Alexis's dress, the straps were thin, but Sara picked out a matching cardigan just in case it got too cool. Tea opted for the short skirt, long top combo, and with her height, Tea carried it off perfectly. Shoes for both girls were simple sandals, and only minor accessories were needed.

The girls piled back into Sara's Jeep and headed home. The sky was getting dark and Sara had to switch on her headlights, which made the beams of light cut through the darkening roads.

"How about some tunes?" Tea called from the back seat. "Any thing good up there?" She leaned in between the bucket seats to reach for the CD case in the front. Alexis was handing it back to her when Sara swerved quickly to the right.

"What the hell was that?" Alexis screamed. She started to turn to Sara, but the car was jerked to the right again. Sara had a look of pure terror on her face.

"I don't know! That guy almost just hit me! He has his high beams on and I can't see!" Again Sara swerved to the right but not before the other car slammed into them. Just before Sara had control of the Jeep, the car made contact again, making the Jeep spin about ninety degrees. Before Sara had even come to a complete stop, the Sedan speed off in the other direction.

Sara put the Jeep into park and all the girls got out. All three were terrified and shaking, but Sara most of all. Once they checked themselves and eachother over from blood and broken bones, Sara turned her attention to the jeep.

"My mom is going to kill me! This is at least a thousand bucks worth of damage!" Her two friends still shaken came from around the other side. The look of shock was fading away and the realization of the situation was setting in.

"We could have been killed!" Alexis said in a loud whisper. "Who do you think that was? Did you guys see the car? Maybe it was some drunk college guys going for a joy ride." She retrieved her purse from the front seat and pulled out her cell phone. "Should we call someone?"

"No!" Sara almost screamed grabbing the phone from Alexis. "The last thing I need is for my mom to find out this happened! She would take the Jeep away in a heartbeat. I can't live without this car!" She pleaded with Alexis not to call the police and was close to tears.

"Sara, we could have been killed!" Tea said as she walked over to her friend. "I don't know who the hell that was, but I know for sure that it wasn't any college kids. What college guy do you know drives around in a black Crown Victoria with tinted windows and no license plates?" She looked to Alexis who still had the phone in her hand and then to Sara who had started crying. " Somebody was really trying to hurt us. Or at least one of us. We have to call the police."

Finally agreeing, Alexis dialed the police. Less then ten minutes later, two squad cars pulled up and two officers emerged.

"I'm officer Stanley and this is my partner Myers." The man who spoke, officer Stanley, was round and portly like a bad Santa Clause impressionist. He had to be at least 50. His indicated partner was a slim young man, no more than 20, and probably right out of training. The girls all started talking at once.

"It was not an accident." Alexis pointed out first and foremost.

"Someone tried to kill us." Tea said wrapping her arms around Sara.

"They tried to run me off the road." The last statement spoken by Sara might not have been heard if Officer Myers wasn't so close to her.

"Are you sure they tried to run you off? I mean, maybe it was somebody playing chicken." Myers said pulling out his special issued note pad. "What did the car look like?"

Tea spoke first. "It was a dark car. Maybe blue or black. It had dark windows so we couldn't see in because they were, like, tinted. He didn't have a license plate."

"Whoever it was made me break a nail." Alexis chimed in.

Sara spoke next. "I didn't see him coming until the last minute. Then all of a sudden I had these lights in my eyes and I couldn't see. He hit us pretty hard." She choked back a sob as moved a little closer to Tea. "Do you think you can find out who it was?"

Officer Stanley answered. "Its hard to tell. With this kind of description, it will be hard to track 'em down." He paused to hitch up his pants. "Do any of you have an ex-boyfriend that may be jealous or would want to get back at you for something?"

All three girls said no at once. Since there was nothing else the police could do, they said they would keep an eye out for a dark sedan with front-end damage, but it was likely if it was a serious threat, the car would not be seen around town. So without much thought, the police gave each of the girls a card and told them to call if they thought of anything else and got back into the cruiser.

They offered to give them a ride home, but with the Jeep still operable, there was not reason to be seen riding around in the back of a squad car. Alexis though this most of all, beleiveing that it may reduce her populatiy staus.

"Well, I guess we go home." Sara said as she started back to the front of the Jeep. Her two friends followed in silence into the car. The drive home was quite and only disturbed buy the occasionally sound of the girls turning around to look at the road behind them.

Alexis661
Alexis661
68 Followers