Skin & Ink

Story Info
Angel is looking for a job.
1.5k words
3.56
10.2k
13

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/19/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Romance47
Romance47
12 Followers

Angel Saviter walked out of his home of two years heading out to find a job.

Angel is 22, about 5' 11" with black hair and coffee brown eyes. He was recently fired from his last job at Olive Garden because he would often get their late due to his lack of transportation. He was lucky that he didn't have to worry about paying rent because his Dad was always there when he needed him.

Angel grew up with his Mom and Dad in a loving home. When Angel came out to his parents they were pretty shocked but his Dad quickly hugged him and told him nothing would change. When Angel looked to his Mom she wasn't in the room anymore. She went up to her room crying and thinking about how this could have happened to her son. It took a couple weeks but she did come around. Things weren't exactly the same after that, but his dad never changed. Angel really loved him for that. Now to the story, let's start around the beginning.

Angel was walking down the street from his house looking for a job.

I really don't want to work at another restaurant. It's exhausting for such little pay. I passed a lot of small shops, supermarkets, and restaurants but those are my last resorts. I walked for a little longer till I was three blocks from my house. I was about to turn back when I saw Skin and Ink. It was a small tattoo shop with their designs all over the front window. I stopped and checked out some of the tattoo outlines. They were really good. They looked completely professional. Every pencil stroke was perfect. I used to draw all the time but once I started working I slowed down a lot. Maybe I could get a job here.

I peeked through the window and only saw one big guy sitting at the front desk drawing something on paper. I wondered if I should go in but decided against it. I haven't seriously drawn something in years. I wouldn't want to waste this guys time. I admired the designs again before I went back home.

When I got home I took a shower then threw myself on my bed. My mind felt exhausted from the stress recently. I just stared at the ceiling fan go around and around. I thought about where I should apply first tomorrow when the tattoo shop came to mind again. Maybe I should see where my art skills are. I got up and went over to my closet. I pulled a big black folder from it with all my artwork since highschool. I looked it over and felt a sense of nostalgia. I miss drawing, it used to make me feel free.

I grabbed some paper and pencil and sketched random items around my house for the rest of the night. During this time I thought of my old highschool boyfriend Randy. He popped into my head because he would praise me every time he saw my art. He really made me feel good about my work and myself. He always used to say how I was gonna become a big artist some day and leave him for some hot model. That wasn't the case obviously. When highschool ended Randy was going off to college in across the state. He told me we could make a long distance relationship work and I believed him. After he left he called twice and it just wasn't the same. The third time he called he broke up with me. I was really hurt because after he convinced me that we could be together with hundreds of miles between us I fell in love with him.

***

I woke up in my bed the next morning and took a deep breath. I'm gonna apply at that tattoo shop today. I took a deep breath and felt the nervousness set in. Don't psych yourself out Angel. I shook it off and jumped in the shower. When I was about to leave I checked some of my drawings from last night and admired them a bit. I wasn't the best but I could still see potential in my work. I grabbed a couple pieces and walked down there with some hope.

When I walked in the bell chimed and the big guy at the register looked up at me.

"Sup man, How's it going?" He said.

"Hey, umm.. I was wondering If you guys were looking for any help around here. I'm trying to get some influence from some other artists." I gestured toward the work on their front window.

"Oh well, the boss isn't in right now but he should be here soon if you want to wait."

"Sure." I looked around and sat at one of the chairs.

The guy at the register was pretty hot. He had dirty blonde hair with a clean shaven face that was framed by glasses. He was pretty ripped. His biceps stretched the sleeves of his Skin & Ink shirt.

"You got any of your work with you? I know the boss will ask."

A bit flustered I answered, "Yea, I brought a couple."

"Nice mind if I see?"

I went over and handed him my art. When he pulled them out I suddenly felt very self conscious.

"These are pretty good. I think he'll like them." I couldn't tell if he was being nice.

"What are you working on?" I asked him.

"Oh here check it out, it's a new layout I'm working on for a customer."

When I looked at it I was amazed by how smooth and real all the shading looked. It was an African warrior at ready with a spear.

"Wow, this is amazing. I'm not sure I can even compare with this."

"No you got it. You just need to practice everyday. I've been sketching something every day for the past five years."

"Wow, thats dedication and thanks, I'll try to do that."

Just then the door opened and another customer walked in. I sat back down as the guy at the register helped the lady choose a tattoo. The door opened again and a even bigger man walked in. He had on a short sleeve button up shirt that was unbuttoned revealing a white muscle shirt that was being stretched against his big beefy barrel chest. His arms and some of his neck were covered in amazing looking tattoos. His arms were just as big and beefy strecthing the sleeves of his shirt. He had to be taller than 6'.

He tipped his head to the guy at the register and walked to the back. Damn the boss was smoking hot.

When the lady decided what to get she sat and waited in a chair next to me and the clerk went to the back.

"What are you getting?" The lady asked me.

"Oh I'm not getting a tattoo I'm trying to get a job here."

"Really? I don't think you'd fit in here."

I wasn't sure what to say to that but thankfully the clerk saved me a response.

"Hey man come on back." He said to me.

I followed him to the back until we were with the boss next to a tattoo seat.

"Here he is Ed, I'll be in the other room helping Janet."

"Thanks Chris." Ed said back to the clerk with his back turned to me.

He finally looked at me and gestured for me to sit in the chair next to the desk with all his supplies. He was so handsome. He had a full trimmed beard that made him look sexy. His hair was black, slicked back and faded on the sides. He actually looked kinda scary and intimidating. I started to feel really nervous.

"So, tell me about yourself." His deep voice made him more intimidating.

"Umm, my name is Angel Saviter. I love drawing. I been doing it since I was young frequently till I graduated highschool and got a jo-," I cleared my throat, "job. All of that just got in the way but recently I've been really wanting to get back to it. I also brought some of my recent sketches, sorry they're a bit rusty."

He didn't say anything he just gestured for me to hand my sketches over. He looked at them one by one. I couldn't read no emotion coming from him.

When he finally spoke up he asked, "You want me to be honest?"

I gulped and nodded. Damn that voice is sexy. "Y-yes Sir."

"Your art work isn't good." He stared me in the eye.

He handed them back and said, "I don't think your right for this kinda place. Sorry about that."

I sat there for a second a little hurt.

"The exits that way man." His voice rose a bit in volume.

I awkwardly stood and left the room. When I passed Chris at the register he asked, "Hey man how'd it go?"

My voice shook a little. "Not so good. I'll see you around Chris." With that I left the tattoo shop.

***

Romance47
Romance47
12 Followers