Skyrim and the Journey of Cerise Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DocCIS
DocCIS
1,546 Followers

The whole process took a few hours as the smith watched me with a practiced eye. Once the blade was set in the mold he looked at me and nodded. "You can pick up tomorrow, I am usually out here by 8 am, but feel free to come earlier if you desire," he told me. "I'm sure Gerdur and Ralof will want to talk with you," he said as I thanked him before leaving.

I suddenly noticed it was dusk, the time having passed by without my knowledge as I had been so absorbed in the task the smith had given me. I also noticed I was sweaty and covered in soot.

The smith pointed to a bucket and told me I could use it to wash up, so I grabbed it and headed to the river to clean. I came to the realization although I had fought and run all day, and then worked a smithy for several hours, I was not fatigued. In fact, I felt ready to continue working on the dagger, but knew the smith was right, I probably needed rest. I must be so fatigued my body was ignoring it.

Dorthe kept me company as I washed by the river, talking about the town, her friends, their dog, as well as what she had learned from her father that day.

The area was secluded from the other buildings, so I took off my leather cuirass to wash my upper body, the cool air welcomed on my sweating breasts. Seeing me partially disrobed, Dorthe told me I was beautiful and I blushed—this time truly from embarrassment as she told me I was the prettiest woman in Riverwood.

I thanked her, telling her she would always be the prettiest one in Riverwood as she smiled back. Yet as I said the words, something deep within me knew the words to be a true prophesy, the thought drifting away as quickly as it came.

After cleaning up and redressing, we returned to the smithy. I asked Alvor where I could find Gerdur and he pointed to a small jetty by the lumber mill where I saw a couple people gathered, so headed in that direction.

Coming around the mill I recognized Ralof sitting on a log talking to a woman I presumed was his sister. She was a tall blonde, the resemblance between her and Ralof leaving no doubt as to them being siblings as I drew closer. Where Ralof was broad-shouldered, his sister was thinner, her breasts smaller than mine but perfect for her frame, which was quite noticeable by her outfit.

She was wearing a dark green dress tied tightly at the bodice, pushing her breasts up to show considerable cleavage. The dress extended down to her knees, but was opened in the front in an inverted "V" down to the sides of her hips, parted like an opened robe. Beneath the opened dress she wore a small pair of cloth shorts providing some decency as I admired her bared muscular legs and trimmed figure.

As I walked closer to the two of them another man wearing a cotton jerkin and leather breeches join us from the mill. He apparently had been waiting for my arrival, immediately asking, "Now Ralof, you two look done in, what's going on? You said you would tell us when your friend arrived, so let's have it," he said.

Ralof sighed, "I can't remember when I last slept," he told the man slowly, obviously knowing him. "Where to start?" he said gathering his thoughts. "Well, the news you heard about Ulfric was true, the Imperials ambushed us near Darkwater Crossing—like they knew exactly where we were going to be," he told the man. "That was," he paused thinking of the time, "two days ago," he finally said.

His recount gave me some idea on how long I may have been captive. Based on earlier conversations I knew I had not been with the Stormcloak troops when they had been captured; however, I could not remember anything beyond the wagon ride, let alone my internment as he continued.

"We stopped in Helgen this morning," he said sighing, "and I thought it was all over."

He again paused. I could relate to him taking time to gather his thoughts, as the happenings of the day were still too fresh in my mind, the close call with the headsman block and the dragon attack returning to my memory as he finally continued.

"They had us lined up at the headsman's block and were ready to start chopping..." he began.

"The cowards!" the woman Gerdur commented.

Ralof shrugged. "They wouldn't dare give Ulfric a fair trial. Treason! For fighting for your own people," he said. "All of Skyrim would have seen the truth then," he claimed. "But then, out of nowhere, a dragon attacked..."

"You don't mean a real, live..." his sister started as Ralof kept talking.

"I can barely believe it myself," he said, "and I was there." He shook his head, "As strange as it sounds, we'd be dead if it were not for that dragon," he told them. "In all the confusion we managed to slip away." He put his head into his hands, reliving the morning as he finally asked, "Are we really the first to make it to Riverwood? "

"Nobody else has come up the south road today as far as I know," Gerdur said with sadness.

"Good, maybe we can lay up for a while," Ralof declared. "I hate to put your family in danger Gerdur," he told her.

"Don't talk nonsense," she admonished him. "You and your friend are welcomed to stay as long as you need to," she said. "Let me worry about the Imperials, you need to rest," she told him, and then turned to look at me.

"Welcome, any friend of Ralof's is a friend of mine," she told me as we introduced ourselves. She handed me an iron key, "Here, this is to our home, anything of ours is yours," she told me. "Stay as long as you like. If there is anything you need, just ask."

I thanked her, as did Ralof. Taking the key, I inquired if there was anything I could offer in payment as she smiled.

"Ralof did not lie about your beauty," she said, her eyes moving across my body. I felt my pulse quicken at the inspection, her eyes lingering on my cleavage exposed by the Imperial leather top as she smiled.

"There is something you can do for me," she finally said, "for everybody here. The Jarl needs to know there is a dragon on the loose. Riverwood is defenseless!" she said. "We need to get word to Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun to send whatever troops he can. If you'll do that, it will be us who will be in your debt," she told me.

I told her I would do everything in my power to help as Ralof interrupted us, "First we both need rest, then we can talk about planning," he said as his sister agreed.

"I need to get back to work anyways before I'm missed," Gerdur said. "Did anybody else escape? Did Ulfric..." she asked her brother.

"Don't worry. I'm sure he made it out," her brother reassured her. "It'll take more than a dragon to stop Ulfric Stormcloak," he said grinning.

"Forgive my manners," the man next to me said, introducing himself, "I am Hod, Gerdur's husband." Looking at his wife, he told her, "I'll let them into the house and, you know, show them around," he told her. There was an odd tone in his voice and I turned towards him, seeing him staring openly at me.

"Humph, help them drink up our mead, you mean," she said, then seeing where his attention was focused, "or maybe get a cheap thrill," she added as she grinned at me. "Ralof's been here a thousand times. Having a beautiful woman in his company wouldn't be the cause of improvement of your manners, would it?" she smirked at her husband.

I turned to see Hod again blatantly staring at me, or my body I should say, as his lecherous gaze appraised me more like a commodity than a person.

As he continued his lewd stare, I felt my skin heat in response. The effect I was feeling from everybody looking at me seemed unusual. I presumed my system was still feeling the effects of the Frostbite venom, wondering how long it would be until it was completely flushed out of my system.

We made our way to Gerdur and Hod's house, Ralof leading the way. I thought it odd for Hod to be walking behind me, as we were going to his own house and thought he would have led the way. Looking over my shoulder I saw his gaze focused on my ass and legs, again feeling a flush through my system knowing he had purposely stayed behind me for the view. Almost unconsciously I began to sway my hips more exaggeratedly as I walked.

A few minutes later we came to a small stone house covered by a thatched roof. Hod unlocked the door, inviting us to come in. As I walked past him Hod's arm wrapped around me, his hand softly caressing my bare midriff, in the pretense of guiding me through the door. The sensation sent thrills through me and I looked at him and smiled while he guided me into the house, the warmth of his hand against my skin continuing to create goose-bumps over my body as we entered.

The house was a small L-shaped structure divided into four living areas: a small dining and kitchen area to the left as you entered with a large cooking fireplace in the middle; a small bedroom area at the junction of the "L" of the house; and a small bar area between that sleeping area and a larger bedroom with a king-sized bed.

Hod explained before the inn had been built the building had been their home as well as the village's tavern.

We sat down on the benches at the dining table, Ralof across from me as he said, "I told you my sister would help us out."

"Both of you make yourselves at home," Hod told us as he went around the corner, returning a moment later with three foaming tankards of mead.

Handing me a tankard while Ralof grabbed another, Hod sat down next to me, taking a long draught as I followed suit.

The alcohol warmed my stomach, the heat spreading out to suffuse my whole body as I complimented Hod on the drink, the flavor not too sweet or bitter. Taking a long pull of his own tankard he stated it was Honeybrew's stock from last year.

"Not as good as Black-Briar, but still a good substitute," he said, taking another long drink.

We talked for some time. Hod explained Gerdur helped out at the Inn on some evenings, tonight being one of them as he told us she would not be home until late. As he talked, I noticed he was now sitting closer to me, having nonchalantly moved closer while talking, his hip now against mine. The male closeness caused me to flush more than usual, my whole body feeling the effects of the alcohol. As we talked, his body against mine was an ever-present warmth within my body.

Eventually Ralof brought up the subject of the Stormcloaks.

"You should come to Windhelm with me and join the fight for Skyrim. You've seen the true face of the Empire today," he said to me.

I asked him if that was a good idea, not being a Nord as he answered, "You don't have to be a Nord to fight for Skyrim's freedom. After what you saw today, I'm sure you agree that Skyrim needs to be free!" he stated.

I told him I would have to think about it as he told me there was no rush.

"You have your own score to settle with the Empire," he finally said. "And with that dragon!" he announced.

"I can't believe you two saw a dragon," Hod muttered as he came back with our fifth—or was it the sixth, I wondered—refill of the sweet alcoholic beverage. He once again sat much closer to me, his body now against mine as he asked, "So what was it like? Was it as big as a house?"

"Much bigger than that," I answered, "as big as the inn," I told him to his amazement.

I felt his leg press against mine, as he started to move slowly up and down against my bare leg. The movements were too obvious to be coincidental and I looked at him as he smiled at me.

"Now that would be a sight to see," he said as I wondered if he were talking about me or the dragon. "Not that I would want it to come here!" he protested, as he thought out his statement. "I hope that dragon stays far away from here," he finished, taking a long pull from his tankard.

As he finished speaking he lowered his hand, resting it against my bare thigh. The heat of his palm caused my arousal to spike once again, as if his warmth were suffusing my body. As I did not move or chastise him, his hand began making small strokes on my thigh, the warmth of arousal focused directly between my legs.

"If anybody knows what the coming of the dragon means, it's Ulfric," Ralof stated taking a long quaff of the refilled tankard, oblivious to Hod's attentions upon my body.

I tried to focus upon the conversation and not the hand on my bare skin as I asked, "You really think Ulfric knows where that dragon came from?"

"Well, maybe not," Ralof admitted. "Dragons have not been seen in Skyrim for an age or more," he said reluctantly. "But wherever that dragon came from or whatever it wants, Ulfric will get to the bottom of it, you can count on that!" he declared, slamming down his tankard and splashing mead all over.

A large splash hit me square on the chest between the laced leather, the cool liquid feeling good against my warmed flesh as Hod immediately announced, "Ralof, you fool! Here, let me help," he said.

Before I could say anything he grabbed a rag, his hand going to my chest and rubbing slowly to 'wipe up' the splashed mead. I looked at him as he unashamedly inspected my chest being manipulated by his slow moving hand. Glancing up I saw Ralof also enjoying the show.

I became aware of the fact both men were more drunk than I. Sure my body had a warm flush to it, but my speech was not slurred nor were my movements and responses diminished in any way, unlike the men who were obviously feeling the effects of the strong drink. Ralof had a stupid 'shit-eaten' grin on his face as he almost stared into the void, while Hod's exaggerated attention to my chest was less from lust than the intense concentration of a man who had dipped too much into a keg.

We sat there like that for a few seconds, Ralof staring into space while Hod massaged my chest to 'clean up the spilt mead' when the door opened and Gerdur stepped in. Taking one look at us she glared at her husband asking, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Shpilt some mead," Hod answered, looking up at his wife while his hand continued to massage my chest. "Jusht wiping it up!" he said happily as if he had accomplished one of the most difficult tasks of his lifetime.

Instead of being mad, Gerdur just shook her head, apologizing for her husband as he finally moved away, satisfied he had gotten enough mead off my chest to return back to his tankard.

The sound of another tankard falling to the floor caught our attention as we saw Ralof slump forward, fast asleep.

"Poor man," his sister said looking at her brother with love. "He's been up for days, it's about time he got some sleep, although he will have to stay there, he's too heavy for either of us to move," she laughed.

Nudging her husband who had also started to doze off, she yelled at him to go to bed. Surprisingly the man got up and staggered around the corner. A few minutes later soft snores could be heard as Gerdur laughed. "Men, they're all the same. I'm surprised you are still awake, did you convince them you could not drink as much?" she asked.

I told her I did not seem to be as affected by the alcohol as the men and she just shrugged, sitting across from me as we talked.

I asked about Riverwood and she proudly stated, "It's my mill. Some people think it's my town too, but it ain't. The Jarl in Whiterun owns the land and the town, I just pay the taxes," she explained.

She told how she and Hod had moved to the area when they had married, only the Trader store there at the time.

"In only ten years the mill was completed and Alvor and his wife moved here and put up the smithy, followed by the Inn. Since then, Riverwood has become a normal stop between Whiterun and the roads to the south. We do well here, but we have no standing militia, that is why we need somebody to head to Whiterun to talk to the Jarl about sending more men," she told me.

I asked about getting to Whiterun as she gave me directions, asking when I would be able to leave.

"I know it's important, but if it is over a day's travel I would like to rest and stock up on gear. I am trying to work with the blacksmith for some better armor," I told her. Looking down at what I was wearing I explained, "I don't think running around the countryside in Imperial leathers is conducive to my well-being," I grinned.

"Alvor's a good man," Gerdur said. "He's devoted to Sigrid his wife and that little daughter of his, Dorthe. If he is letting you use his forge, then he must have seen something in you, as he does not let just anybody touch his equipment," she smiled.

I asked about the Jarl and she was quiet for a few moments. "Jarl Balgruuf? I don't mean to be disrespectful, as he's ruled Whiterun Hold well for years, but he may be over his head this time."

I asked her to explain as she continued, "He's been trying to stay out of the war, but it can't last. He's going to have to pick a side. I'm afraid he's going to make the wrong choice," she shook her head solemnly.

"Is he loyal to the Empire?" I asked, knowing where her loyalties lay, as those of her brother.

"I wouldn't say that," she said. "But he and Ulfric have been at odds for years, and I'm afraid Balgruuf will end up siding with the Empire because of it," she said. "But it's hard to believe that even Balgruuf would choose Elisif over Ulfric," she concluded with a sigh.

I asked who Elisif was as she explained.

"I suppose she's Jarl Elisif now. She married High King Torygg just before Ulfric killed him. The Empire supports her claim to be High Queen," she stated. "I don't really have anything against her," she said matter-of-factly, "it's not her fault her husband Torygg was bought and paid for by the Empire. But she's nothing but a puppet for the Empire now, with her husband dead. Ulfric will make sure she never takes the throne as High Queen."

"How did Ulfric kill him, the High King?" I asked curiously, knowing it to be a touchy subject.

"Some say it was murder, but it was a rightful challenge in the old way," she told me. "Ulfric called him out as a traitor to Skyrim, and killed him in single combat. If Torygg couldn't defend his crown, he had no business being High King," she stated with conviction.

"So there is no High King right now?" I asked, recalling she had called Elisif Jarl and not Queen.

"No, not until the Moot meets to choose another, and it won't meet until one side or the other wins the war," she told me. "None of the Jarls will leave their holds unless sure all threats of war are ended. But Ulfric is our rightful High King. He'll drive out the Empire and Skyrim will have peace at last," she stated with the faith of a convert.

As I finished my tankard we decided by unspoken agreement it was time for bed. "I would offer a shift for you to sleep in," she apologized, "but I don't think it will be too comfortable." She looked at my chest. "You are more endowed than I," she clarified as she smiled, her comment stirring something deep within me.

DocCIS
DocCIS
1,546 Followers