Slavery Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No." She was proud of herself. Her voice had barely trembled.

"Good. I couldn't leave you here. There are too many people who want me dead, now. They would kill you in my place." Alana felt cold inside. Would they kill T'arik instead? She pushed the thought from her head. "Did you bring your books?" Kalen continued. When Alana shook her head he sighed, "you can write to him." A bubble of gratitude swelled inside Alana. She kissed Kalen on the lips, really kissed him. He pulled her onto his knee and just held her close as the wagon started moving. Alana knew enough of the alphabet to write, she thought, and she was sure Kalen could help her.

"Tell me what happened, Kalen."

"Later," was his reply. He pushed Alana from him then, and lay on the bench. He closed his eyes, and was asleep in moments. Studying his face, Alana could see exhaustion there. His body was cut and bruised. She thought there were whip marks up his arms, but couldn't be sure. He needed her in a way T'arik hadn't, in a way T'arik never could. She was making the right choice, she told herself.

Alana didn't know when she fell asleep, but she would never forget the moment she woke. The vessel that hovered over them looked like it was straight out of Star Trek. The ship was long and thin. It looked as if it were built for speed, and was an odd burnt orange colour. There was no way for Alana to accurately judge the size of it, but if it were stood on one end, it would reach much further into the sky than any building Alana had ever seen. Looking at it above her, she felt the odd sensation of vertigo, as if she were looking down.

Turning to talk to Kalen, Alana realised that she was alone. Kalen and their bags were gone. There were others around her, people with bags that were clearly planning to board the ship. They were all natives of the planet. Alana watched them as they gathered at a point at the far end of the transport. Their bags were in a pile not far from them. Kalen was nowhere to be seen, though. Alana's heart sunk at the thought that he had left her. She felt on the verge of tears.

"Enjoying the view?" Alana jumped. She would recognise Kalen's voice anywhere. Scrambling from the wagon, she threw herself at him.

"I thought you had gone." Kalen chuckled in response to Alana's panic.

"It is time for us to board. We must join the others." His voice was serious. He had two slips of paper in his hand. They seemed familiar. Alana held out a hand for them so that she could look. She thought back to one of her first days in Kalen's company. These had been on his desk in the study. He had been planning for both of them to leave since the beginning.

"Will they make our life difficult?" Alana nodded towards the small gathering of travellers.

"No. There will be many races on board. Our differences will be the norm." Alana reached for Kalen's hand, but he avoided taking it. He tried to make his avoidance unnoticeable, but it hurt. Nothing more than I deserve, Alana thought to herself. She had known her actions would hurt Kalen. She hadn't considered that he could hurt her back in any way but a physical one.

They walked side by side to join the crowd. No one paid them particular attention. It wasn't long before a woman came to check their papers. She appeared from nowhere, with long flowing black hair, and eyes with no iris or pupil. She waved her hands over each paper before disappearing again.

"She is from..." Kalen frowned. Obviously the language they spoke in didn't have a sufficient word. "She is not real." Alana realised that she was a hologram. She gave Kalen the word, but he merely shrugged.

Alana nearly fell when something locked around her calves. Metal had sprung from the ground to secure the people stood around her. This time when she reached for Kalen's hand he took it. Beneath Alana's feet a platform started to form. With a jerk, it started to rise towards an opening above their heads.

"We're really doing this?" Kalen nodded in response, but didn't speak. Alana tried to visualise T'arik's face. This was it. She might never see him again. Pushing the thought away, she looked up. The opening in the ship was approaching more quickly than Alana had expected. She took the opportunity to look at the planet she was leaving behind. She felt strangely sad.

As they entered the ship they were surrounded by darkness. Even after the fixtures around Alana's calves disappeared, no light appeared. A humming noise filled the air, and suddenly a bright red light illuminated two men. They were not stood near each other; in fact they didn't seem to know each other at all. The sound of booted footsteps filled the room though Alana could not see who they belonged to. Alana felt panic welling up inside her. She tried to cling to Kalen but he disengaged himself from her. The illuminated men were pulled from the group. Only after the sound of boots had faded did the lights come on.

Alana wanted to ask Kalen about the men, but one look at his face showed he was in no mood to talk. His wounds didn't look as bad as they had previously, and his exhaustion seemed to have been replaced with anger. He gripped Alana's arm and led her through the crowd. There were signs in several languages. Kalen followed them through white, bright corridors. Alana stumbled along behind him trying to keep up. It was at least five minutes of taking lifts and traipsing through rows of rooms before Kalen stopped before a door. The symbol on it matched the one around her neck. Kalen stroked the door with one finger, and it slid to the side. Alana cried out with delight.

There was a deep pool with beautiful turquoise water. Surrounding the pool were sun loungers with thick white cushions, and the ceiling looked like Earth's sky. The light had a mellow yellow tone to it. The room had stone archways that reminded Alana of Morocco. Through the arches were huge shuttered windows, and heavy, dark wooden doors. This was a riad just for them.

"Kalen, it's beautiful," Alana gushed.

"Yes," his tone was terse, "I requested something exotic, something from Earth."

"Thank you." Alana hung her head, ashamed.

"Undress." Kalen's tone was commanding, one that Alana hadn't heard before. She was confused, but did as she was told. Peeling herself out of her damp, smelly clothes, she watched Kalen watching her. His eyes were cold as he studied her. He walked around her, pulling at her arms, checking her over.

"Is that why you like him? He doesn't leave you bruised?" Kalen's spoke through gritted teeth. Alana didn't know how to answer. Instead, she bent and retrieved the earrings from a pocket in her tunic. She wasn't confined to grey anymore, so she might as well wear then. When Kalen saw that it was his gift that she was wearing, he gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Come, swim with me." Alana consented. She was eager to try the pool. It did seem strange that all of this was on a spaceship. Once in the water, Alana swam cautiously towards Kalen. She wasn't surprised when he wouldn't allow her to touch him. She wondered why he had been tactile with her before, but decided that it was through exhaustion, and a sense of relief at being alive. She guessed that now everything was ok, he had time to be angry.

"You know," Alana said, "he caused me more damage in a few days than you have since you were given me."

"How so?" Kalen sounded worn out. He didn't sound like he cared, but as if he were humouring her. Alana told him the story of the fish that had stung her, and of the state that she had been in after over doing it in the forest. By the end of her story, Kalen had insisted that she sat on one of the sun loungers so that he could examine her leg. There was not a mark on it thanks to the gift of the cream. Alana mentioned that she had received cream as a gift from the doctor, and Kalen gave her his first genuine smile.

"I am pleased that you met a kind doctor. That world was brutal, but not all bad."

"Will you tell me what happened with Zeve?" Alana wasn't sure that Kalen would answer. He lay back on the sun lounger next to hers, shutting out the world by closing his eyes.

"They took me into custody," he said with a voice void of emotion. "I was to be detained for crimes against the estate, Zeve's estate that is. By killing both of his doctors I cost him a small fortune. They requested you, by the way. They asked him to choose a human."

"I'm so sorry," Alana sighed. Kalen simply shook his head.

"I should be the sorry one. I should have learnt that you can't force love. Still, once they had me they tortured me, whipped me. Zeve made the mistake of coming to torture me alone. He slipped up, and I killed him. I fled. Mia had organised earlier transport just in case." Kalen's words about love made her heart hurt. His wife didn't love him, his prior slave hadn't loved him, and she had betrayed him.

Alana stood, still naked, and draped herself over Kalen. He stiffened beneath her, his hands finding her waist so that he could shift her away.

"Don't," Alana pleaded as she clung to him. "I care for you Kalen, I really do." Kalen unclasped Alana's hands from around his neck. He stood, leaving her no option but to scramble to her feet.

"Go and find your room, Alana," Kalen said, wearily.

"I don't want to go and..." Alana stopped as Kalen came incredibly close to her. He raised his hand, running one finger lightly over the band around her neck. Colour flooded Alana's cheeks, and tears stung her eyes.

"Now, Alana," whispered Kalen. After being reminded that she was his property, Alana decided not to argue. She ran inside, not having a clue where she was going, just wanting to escape her shame. Alana found a staircase and bolted up it. There were three doors to choose from at the top. One had a stunning blue dress hanging from the door. Alana touched her earrings, realising that the dress would match them perfectly. A note was attached to the dress which read: For the most beautiful woman at the ball.

Taking the silk like material in her arms, Alana opened the door to her bedroom. It was simple, but had a mirror, a set of brushes, a bottle of perfume; luxuries that Alana would have been excited about in other circumstances. As it was, she lay on the bed and sobbed. She had been such an idiot. She did love Kalen. Not in an overwhelming, passionate way, but in a way of quiet companionship. From now on, she would do what she could to show him.

It was hours later when Kalen's voice woke her. She hadn't even realised that she had fallen asleep.

"There is a welcome ball tonight. You will join me." Kalen's voice was stiff.

"Thank you for my things." Alana smiled as brightly as she could. Kalen looked levelly at her, his expression unchanging. He turned and left the room. Yes, she was an idiot.

It didn't take Alana long to get ready. She found the bathroom and washed quickly. To her surprise there were sweet scented shampoos and conditioners to use. She made use of them, but didn't enjoy them for as long as she would have liked. Once dry, she found a drawer with make-up in. She took her time lining her eyes in a range of blue hues. By the end, she hardly recognised herself. After pining up her hair and putting on her earrings, it was finally time for her dress.

The silky material flowed like water across her body, clinging in all of the right places and shimmering as she moved. The colour was a deep, rich blue and was decorated with gems. It was stylish, but more importantly it wasn't grey. Alana already had her neck collar on and she added her bracelet to the outfit. She wanted Kalen to know that she was proud to be with him.

When Kalen saw Alana, he couldn't help but compliment her. Alana, though, was speechless.

"This is how Earth men dress?" He sounded bemused. His suit was perfectly James Bond. He wore a pristine white shirt underneath, and a blue tie the exact colour of Alana's dress. His dreadlocks were tied back, his eyes made up. Kalen could have been a model, a superstar. He looked at Alana in a predatory way, but when he spoke his voice was still cold. "Come."

The ball was held in a wooden panelled room filled with circular tables Alana could have been on Earth. There were around a thousand guests, all dressed in exotic outfits that were presumably from their own worlds. Kalen and Alana took their seats quickly, something for which Alana was relieved about; she longed to look at all of the different races. She had glimpsed an interesting looking woman with blue scales, a tail, and spiked green hair. She wore a white bandeau top with a flowing red skirt. She was striking, and Alana could certainly see why she would be attractive. A man had also caught Alana's eye. His eyes were huge, almond shaped, and completely black. His fingers seemed unnaturally long and thin, as did the rest of him. His clothes lent him some bulk, but beneath he looked skeletal.

"Eyes down." After a pause Alana obeyed. She was confused. Kalen had never really enforced that rule before, and now that they were off planet, surely looking would be ok? It wasn't long before people came to speak with Kalen. He conversed in a language that Alana didn't understand. She longed to peek at who had paid him a visit, but didn't dare. Even when he left to dance with other women, Alana kept her gaze on the table in front of her. She tried desperately not to cry.

Throughout dinner, Alana picked at her food, hardly tasting what was on her plate. It seemed that there had been an extensive menu, but her food had been chosen for her. She had no appetite. Her stomach was constantly churning. Kalen spoke to others around the table, but made no attempt to speak with her. He finished his food before Alana, and signalled to have both meals removed.

"Stand." Alana did. Taking her hand, Kalen led her to a parquet dance floor that was illuminated by a chandelier. Alana flushed at the contact, and clung to him as tightly as she could. When they found a place Alana started to look at the couple next to them, but was quickly reminded that her eyes should be cast down. At least that way she could watch Kalen's feet, she thought. Following his lead they moved swiftly around the floor. Feeling Kalen's hands resting lightly on her waist made her skin tingle. She tried to push her body closer to his but he held her firmly as a distance. They completed several revelations before Kalen tired of the activity. As soon as he had, he took them back to the room. Walking back, she made sure to keep her eyes low hoping to please him.

"Undress." The door had barely shut behind them when Kalen issued his command. Alana slipped her dress from her shoulders and allowed it to fall to the floor. Kalen started to walk away, leaving Alana to follow. Through the house, up the stairs, Alana followed Kalen to his room. She couldn't quite believe what she saw. Laid on the bed was the most beautiful female she had ever seen. In response, all Alana could do was wrap her arms around herself to cover her imperfections. Being naked left her feeling vulnerable.

The woman was long and lithe. Her hair was a silver curtain of perfection. Milky white skin marbled with blue veins covered her. Her breasts were small, perky. She smiled up at Kalen with pale pink lips and shining, icy blue eyes. Alana watched in horror as Kalen undressed. The woman rose to help him. When Kalen's lips met the stranger's, she felt as though she could die. A lump formed in her throat that threatened to choke her. Her legs felt shaky, and she couldn't stifle a sob. She watched as his purple hands moved over the woman, testing the weight of her breasts, exploring her flat stomach and round ass. Alana shut her eyes when he took his place beside her on the bed. She wanted to rid herself of the vision of his excitement.

"Open your eyes." Alana did as she was told. She leant back against the wall to stop herself from falling. Kalen's fingers disappeared between the slender legs of the woman. Thankfully, Alana couldn't quite see what Kalen was doing to her, but it was obvious that he was bringing her pleasure. The woman's back arched, she moaned, clung to the sheets and trembled. Alana tried to focus on the painting above the bed. It was of a glacial landscape that looked cold, hostile. The woman's cries forced Alana's gaze back to the bed.

"I'm more than ready for you," she purred, stroking Kalen's face.

"You are too delicate," he replied, "I have something here to take my frustration out on." Alana realised with horror that he was talking about her. "Alana, get on your hands and knees on the bed." Alana wanted nothing more than to refuse, to run, but as she met Kalen's glare she realised that it would be a bad idea. On leaden legs, Alana stumbled forward. She caught sight of her face in the mirror and was shocked to see the blue and black streaks that marked the passage of her tears. Alana took up position on the bed feeling extremely vulnerable. The woman next to her had a look of polite interest on her face as Kalen took his place behind Alana.

"I need to lubricate her, but do not wish to waste my fluids. Please, deposit some saliva in my hand." Alana's stomach clenched in disgust as she heard the woman spit, her face coloured in shame and anger as Kalen's fingers rubbed wetness onto her dry pussy, working it roughly into her. Without warning, he pushed himself violently inside her body. She screamed in pain, begged, pleaded, but it made no difference. Kalen took his pleasure furiously. It was over before it had really started, but had lasted long enough to tear Alana. As Kalen pulled out of her, she felt his come dribbling down her thighs.

"Get out," he spat. Alana somehow stood. The last thing she saw as she left was Kalen taking the sylph-like woman in his arms on the bed.

It was three days before Alana saw Kalen again. Her body had been swollen and sore the next morning, and it had taken her until evening to climb from the bed. When Kalen wasn't to be found, Alana had decided to explore their rooms. In truth, she was pleased that Kalen hadn't been there as she felt a little afraid of what he might do next, but after three days she was desperate to see him. She imagined that he had spent his time with the woman he had pleasured before Alana.

The rooms that she occupied with Kalen were lovely. Alana imagined that this would have been perfectly romantic under other circumstances. There was a room that Alana loved particularly. It had comfortable cushions, soothing music and, most importantly, one whole wall was glass. As they travelled, Alana could see stars and planets blurring past. She had spent most of her time in there since she had discovered it, it helped to stop her mind replaying the brutal way Kalen had taken her, the way he had enjoyed the other women. She couldn't decide which one tore her up the most.

Without Kalen, and not understanding the workings of the ship, Alana was left to fend for herself food wise. The apartment had a kitchen, but Alana had no idea how to work it. She had lived off fruit that had been in a beautiful glass bowl on the side. By the third day it had gone. Alana had gone to bed in the hopes that she could sleep through the hunger. It was there that Kalen found her.

The first that Alana knew of Kalen's return was when her hands were being tugged above her head, and tied securely to the frame.

"What are you doing?" There was panic in Alana's voice that she couldn't hide. She half believed that Kalen would kill her. He grabbed an ankle and tugged it, forcing her body flat and straight on the bed. A whimper escaped Alana's throat as she thought about the last time she had been treated this way. Suddenly, she felt as if she were back in the woods fighting for her life. With one ankle bound, Alana could only scream and try to kick. Kalen caught her ankle easily though, and soon that was tied, too.