Slavery Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not wanting to fight is a bad thing?" Kalen didn't answer. Obviously it was, Alana thought. She watched as Neekesh stroked a finger down the side of Yrin's face.

"Kalen," she asked, a little timidly after his previous ignorance, "why did they split up? They look at each other with such love."

"I can answer that," Yrin interrupted. Alana blushed, not realising that she had spoken so loudly. "Neekesh left me because I chose to take over my father's shop rather than become a warrior. The embarrassment was too much for him." Yrin's voice held a little reproach, but mainly just resignation.

"That is not entirely true," Neekesh replied. "Our relationship was impractical, but I have never stopped loving him." He cuddled the other man close to him, making eye contact before slowly lowering his lips to Yrin's. The kiss was tender, lingering a moment before they both parted grinning like fools.

Looking around, Alana realised that Kalen's mother had left the room. She was quietly glad. The woman was scary, and it was too easy to forget that she was so strong.

"We shall retire," Neekesh announced, taking Yrin's hand. As they left the room, Alana realised that her and Kalen were left with Olivine and Akia. Kalen didn't seem to like his wife particularly, but he offered her a tired smile. The four of them sat on the floor before the fire, Alana cuddling into Kalen's side.

"I am glad that you are still here , husband," Olivine opened, "we have a delicate subject to broach. I fear that it will not be to either of your tastes, however."

"Be simple, wife. I am in no mood for riddles."

Inclining her head, then looking to Akia for reassurance, Olivine did as asked. "I wish to carry a child, and as my husband you are duty bound to give me one."

Silence reigned. Alana could feel how dangerously tense Kalen had become beside her. She knew that Olivine had aborted the child that they had previously conceived, and she knew how much he had hated her for it.

"Wife, do you joke?"

"No. I want you to impregnate me. Akia and I wish for a child. You cannot have one with Alana, so this would suit the four of our situations." Alana felt her stomach drop at the reminder that, whilst here, she would be unable to start a family of her own. Did Olivine realise she was being cruel? The woman had avoided looking at Alana so far.

"How would you conceive?" All eyes fell on Alana. She blushed.

"The way any man and woman would," Olivine replied, puzzled. Alana had dared to hope for artificial insemination. Obviously, that was not an option. Her head spinning a little, Alana stood. She looked her lover in the eyes and could see his conflict. She could not ask him to turn his wife down, she would never forgive herself.

"Then I wish no part in this discussion."

It was hours of crying later when Kalen joined Alana in bed. He hushed her, his lips kissing her forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and finally her lips.

"I told her no, Alana. You must not cry." There was heaviness in Kalen's voice that had not been there before. "Brint has left, as has Olivine. He will not be in the same room as my mother, and she will is furious with me."

"Kalen, I know how much you want a child." Alana stroked his chest. "Maybe we can try?"

"No," he snapped, then sighed. "No, Alana. It is dangerous. I am content with you. I will not take my wife back to my bed."

Taking a deep breath, Alana spoke. "You must, Kalen." In truth, the thought of him with any other woman made her sick to her stomach, but she knew that she couldn't ask him to give up the opportunity. His eyes met hers, and he studied her face, really studied it. Alana couldn't help but she a few tears as she imagined long, cold nights without him. At least Olivine wouldn't enjoy it, she thought meanly.

"You would still take me to your bed? Still kiss me? Still love me?" Kalen's voice was strained, as if he was holding himself in check.

"Yes." Alana's voice cracked with emotion. How could she not love him, or any child that he made? She rolled over, turning her back on Kalen. She couldn't bear to look at the obvious joy on his face. He snuggled against Alana's back, his body obviously happy to be there.

"You don't know how much this means to me," he whispered.

"Yes, I do," Alana replied just as quietly. What she didn't say was what it meant to her. It meant that maybe she really did love him.

12