Slavery Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They passed Neekesh, Sharia striding towards the entrance hall. Alana tried to shut out the sounds of the fight behind her. The curses and cries were too much. Then, Sharia stumbled. Crashing to the floor, Alana curved her body around her child. A deep moan told her that Sharia was injured, too. Neekesh towered over them, a bloody knife in his hand. Before Alana could react, Sharia lashed out, planting a needle in his thigh. In reaction, Neekesh stabbed Alana's protector, opening a deep gash across her back, before he himself stumbled and fell.

Sticky with her own blood, Sharia managed to find her feet. She lifted Alana, staggering forward with her. Fortunately, Kalen took that moment to appear. He snatched Alana from Sharia, running towards the tunnel that led to the shuttle. Still feeling disconnected, Alana struggled to process what was happening. She knew she should be worried, scared even, but couldn't bring herself to feel that way. Instead, she felt dozy and content.

It was only as the frigid air of outside hit her that Alana started to panic.

"Kalen-"

"- There's no time," he barked. Looking around, Alana could see another shuttle. It was further away from theirs, but two men were approaching them from it. Their swords were drawn. The men reached the shuttle at the same time as Alana and Kalen.

Alana found herself upright in the snow. Stumbling forward, she hit the keypad, frantically typing in the code with numb fingers. The door whooshed open and she fell in, barely keeping her child against her. A piercing cry escaped her boy's throat at the jarring impact of the fall. Behind her the door shut. Kalen didn't pause to help them, but staggered past. Alana heard the beeping of the console, the vibrating of the engines, and the smooth take off.

Quickly, she was dragged to her feet. Stumbling against Kalen made him hiss. Alana was shoved onto the bed, to muddled to protest such rough treatment. Her boy was snatched from her arms and placed in a cot that hadn't been there earlier.

Kalen then collapsed. Forcing her eyes to focus, Alana rolled off the bunk. A fire started in her stomach, right where the stitches should be. She guessed that the pain killer was wearing off. Looking at her man, she was horrified by what she saw.

"No," she muttered, as she tried to put pressure on the wounds. Her hands were soon slick with his blood. Her body didn't seem to be working properly as she tried to climb to her feet to get something to help him. All that happened was that she ended up on her knees over him.

Their baby's cries filled the small space as Alana sobbed. The wounds to Kalen's stomach were deep, and blood was pooling on the floor beneath him from unseen injuries on his back.

"I love you, Alana. You're on a course for the nearest friendly planet." His voice rasped from his throat as he cupped her cheek.

"No, no, you can't leave me. I love you. We have our baby to raise. He doesn't even have a name." Alana pressed her face against Kalen's chest. The skin felt clammy.

"Name our baby, Alana. I want to know what I should call him." Alana's mind froze as Kalen's eyes shut. His chest was barely moving. She tried to think of all of the names she had liked, tried to find one to please him, but couldn't. His dying wish, and she wouldn't be able to grant it.

"Ashai," she blurted out. She didn't know where the name came from, but she like the sound of it. Kalen's lips formed a smile. His hand tugged Alana's hair, bringing her lips to his. His kissed her, as she shed salty tears across his face.

"Brint is dead, Alana. Promise me you won't go back." Nodding fiercely, without really thinking about his words, Alana agreed.

"You are the wife I always wanted," he muttered against her ear. Alana's body shuddered against his.

"And you the best husband." She twisted the ring on her finger, wishing they had been able to marry as Kalen had planned. Alana didn't know how long she sobbed for. Ashai had fallen silent, and Kalen had started to go cold. Dragging herself from his body, she wondered what she would do now. She wracked her drug addled brains as she tried to remember the nearest friendly planet. Staggering to her feet, she avoided looking at the man that was once her lover. She opened one of the storage compartments. Her books were there. Pulling out the one of the solar system she was in, she started to plan for her and her baby's future.

Sun shone brightly through the window of the shuttle as Alana prepared to open the doors. She was wrapped in a green embroidered dress that she had thought she would never be able to wear again. Ashai was wrapped in soft blankets, his red eyes gazing up at her. His hair was thick, black and fluffy on top of his head. Pressing a button on the wall, Alana spoke the being who was outside the shuttle waiting to greet her.

"The body of me enslaver is on the floor."

"Don't worry. You and the child won't be harmed. Once we have seen the brand on your skin, we will dispose of the body. It is no crime here to end the life of a man who took you from your home." Alana felt a little queasy at the deception, but there was nothing else she could do. The planet Kalen had sent her to hadn't been safe for her alone, but this planet was a safe haven for escaped slaves. She had researched it months ago. They would help her, and not punish her for the dead man within the shuttle. Placing one last kiss on Kalen's head, she studied his features. She had taken her time with his body, cleaning it and making it presentable. She would ask for a cremation ceremony. Looking down at the Scarlet stone on her wedding finger, Alana steeled herself, she would not look back.

Shedding one final tear, Alana opened the door to the shuttle, and stepped out into the sun.