Slippers That Fit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maninconn
maninconn
2,088 Followers

I found I liked what she had done with me. It was as if she was my fairy godmother. I looked good. I knew my way around a dance floor. I had learned about what made a good wine good and how to pair it with good food. Graduation was approaching fast, and the senior formal that was always held on the weekend preceding finals was just around the corner.

Patty and I were working on our rhumba steps when our world changed dramatically.

"Patty, I want you to go to the Senior Ball with me."

"You may have noticed, I'm not exactly the formal date type."

"That may be, but maybe you are my type."

"Your type? Wait, you're serious, right? What is this, a pity party for Patty? You know what everybody calls me, right? All the names they use for me? Fat Patty? Porky Patty? The bag lady? The frumpy dump? I know you've heard them!"

"Not from my mouth! I know you as a smart, caring, amazing woman. And I want to take you to the Senior Ball! What will it hurt? You have a good dinner, talk it up with classmates, and dance the night away with your favorite pupil?"

"I don't think so."

"Right, that would be awful."

"No, it wouldn't be awful, it just wouldn't be me!"

"What if I told you I love you?"

"That you're blind."

"What if I love you with more than my eyes?"

"Danny, I don't..."

"Just who has my engagement ring?"

"Only for safe keeping! You never asked me to..."

"I'm asking you now. Go with me. Wear the ring. And I do... love you."

"This is so fast!"

"Yes it is. But I don't want to lose you when we graduate. I want you to be with me. I want us to settle in and face the world together."

"You're serious! Honey, I'm going to need some time. It's too sudden. I've been on my own as ugly, dowdy Patty for so long, the idea of sharing my life with someone is so sudden. What brought this on? We haven't even kissed, except for a chaste peck goodnight now and then."

"Right. It's sudden. So we agree to a long engagement. We haven't even kissed, but do you think I didn't feel your love in those chaste pecks? Do you think I didn't feel your passion when we danced? Do you think I couldn't spot the caring woman you are when you brought me back from the dead post-Claire? Do you think your glasses are so thick I can't see your eyes twinkle beneath them? Do you think I can't feel the heat in your heart when we hug? Patty, please be my date to the Senior Ball. Please wear my ring. Please marry me. I'll wait as long as you like, but I know now what I want out of life. You. Go to the ball. Marry me. Marry me."

"Ok."

@@@@@

She didn't wear the ring right away. She told me she wanted to get used to the idea first, and asked me not to pressure her until the ball. We both dove into completing final papers and projects. Claire caught me alone at lunch the Wednesday before the formal.

"I'm going to be the bigger person, and give you the chance to go to the Senior Ball with me. We will sit with my friends, but there are going to be plenty of wait staff so I promise you won't be sent for drinks. I promise to include you more, and my friends agree. They think they need to be more open to you, since we are going to become a couple. That will make you family. However, traditions are important, and Greg will still get my first dance until you and I are married. After graduation, you and I can spend the summer at my parents house on Block Island, where we can spend the summer re-connecting. Daddy's got a friend who can set you up in his brokerage house next fall. It all works. Now, can I have my ring back."

Talk about sudden! I told Claire I'd consider her plan, but didn't intend to go to the formal with her. I told her I was bothered by the potential of being showed up on the dance floor by my fiancé and her life long dance partner. I suggested we take it slow, and we could discuss our future after the Ball, but that summer on The beach sounded great."

She smiled, kissed me, and glided away.

"You won't be sorry, Danny," she called out as she left.

Saturday rolled around, and seniors were scurrying all over town with last minute preparations. I skipped the limo thing. It would have been pretentious, and that wasn't our style. Besides, I bought a new car during the week, and decided I would enjoy breezing around in it with my fiancé after the ball.

I thought of Patty. I really did love the way her eyes filled up those impossibly thick lenses. I did love the way she dressed for comfort. I did love that she put people first, always. Claire had model looks. She dressed the part too, and made anything she wore look sexy. She was smart and she was rich and she knew how to move in social circles, but none of that mattered when I compared her to Patty. The right girl had my ring. Would she wear it? I would know soon.

I pulled up outside her apartment. I noticed other guys walking around, either with dates on their arms or walking up to their ladies' doors. I stepped along the walk, very pleased with myself. You could see the difference between their tuxes and mine. After all, mine was made to fit by Patty's tailor friend Manny. I carried red roses for my lady to wear, and was admiring their beauty when she answered the door on the first ring.

She didn't need roses.

Roses were not worthy of Patty.

The glasses had given way to contacts, her unkept hair had been stylishly coiffed. Her makeup was perfect. Diamond in earrings and a necklace sparkled in the evening light. She had cleavage! Who knew? She had legs, and they were amazing as they peeked out from the slit in the amazing, body hugging gown she wore. I looked her over, speechless. She stood smirking.

"Patty! I... I... I..."

She hushed me with a finger encased in a satiny Opera length glove.

"Hush Danny. It's me. It's all me. Are those roses mine?"

I was so embarrassed that she had so completely caught me off guard. I slipped the roses on her wrists. She had asked me not to bring a corsage, but something that didn't need pinning. I thought she wanted to avoid me poking her in a delicate place, but realized she knew she was wearing something strapless, and planned ahead.

I offered her my arm, and we strolled to my car. Heads turned.

"You bought a car!"

"No, it's not a car. It's our carriage for the evening."

"A carriage?"

"Indeed! Apparently, I'm taking Cinderella to the ball tonight."

"You think I'm Cinderella! What gave me away?"

I pointed down at the see through stilettos, that gave her such a delicious lift.

"The glass slippers. But no worries Cinderella, this carriage will not change into a pumpkin at midnight. I promise."

"Ah, I see. But what about my gown, and all of this?"

"It's magical, true. You are stunning! But remember, I'm not like the Prince in the fairy tale. I saw you before the ball. I'm no coachman, and I'm not here to help you meet the prince. I may not really a prince, but Tonight I am your prince, and I am your date."

That's the last I said about her transformation. I preferred to go on and have fun with my Patty. We arrived at the hall, and queued up at the parking valet station. That's when I noticed my ring wasn't on her finger. I was disappointed, but chose not to mention it. After Claire subjected me evening of rejection, I decided to wait to ask Patty until after the ball. That way, another beautiful evening wouldn't be spoiled.

We reached the valet, just as a big long white limousine pulled up at the door. Claire and her posse arrived, and began noisily spilling out of both sides. We reached the valet, and got out as they climbed the steps into the building. Party goers gasped at Patty when the valet opened her door and let her out. I came around the car to take her hand, and spotted the Claire bunch up on the porch looking at us, obviously trying to figure out who she was. The posse began mumbling as I took her hand and walked her over to a photographer by the water before going in.

Claire whispered to the photographer, before he posed us, and just when he should have been saying "watch the birdie," Claire turned to me, and asked me if I like her jewelry. It was at the least unusual timing, and at most a very curious question.

"I'm just asking because, my left hand ring finger is naked, and I was wondering if you'd like to fix that."

She produced my ring, from... well... I don't know where she had been holding it. There were no pockets on her gown or in her wrap, and she hadn't been fiddling with the tiny purse she carried. Still, I took my cue, then took a knee, and renewed my proposal, promising to wait until she was completely sure and ready.

"Only if you promise me I don't have to wear these shoes often. I miss my Uggs."

"Well, they are pretty. Tell you what. You can wear them to bed when you are feeling sexy."

"Oh you're just like the other guys. Men are pigs."

"What other guys? I've never heard of other guys."

"Well that's true. I kind of dress to keep them away."

"Good idea."

"Good idea? That's all you have to say?"

"Yup."

"Danny? Don't you want to know why?"

"Nope. I already love you. Doesn't matter what you wear, you're gorgeous. I didn't propose because I thought you were a hidden gem, I proposed because I fell in love with you."

"That's why I said 'yes.' Now, let's go dancing."

I guess news of my taking a knee spread fast. I know Claire watched it from the front porch. When we walked in, we first had to check in and get our table assignment. They announced each guest of couple, and when I had bought the tickets, I had just bought two in my name. The "and guest" would have to be changed to a name before we could enter. I don't know her last name. Patty had been enough. Just as the receptionist was beginning to smile at my predicament, Patty saved me.

"It's Patricia Allen Clark."

The name rang a bell, but I couldn't place it. She teased me about never asking as we waited to be announced. I teased her about never telling me.

"It just wasn't important," she reasoned."

"True. Ok if I keep calling you Patty?"

"Sure. For the rest of our lives."

"She pulled me in for a kiss. It was soft, so it wouldn't disturb her makeup, but it felt like heaven."

The valet took our name card in his white gloved hand, and we stood atop the stairs.

"Miss Patricia Allen Clark and her escort Mr. Daniel Thomas Morgan."

There was another collective gasp. I thought that would be out of everyone's system after she got out of the car. But no, there it was. And this time, it was followed by another murmur. Then it hit me. We reached the ballroom floor and I turned to ask her about her name. I didn't get the chance.

"Yes, Roberta Allen Clark is my mother. And Donald Allen Clark Douglas, the under Secretary of State is my father. And yes, I am heir apparent to their real estate empire as well as numerous other businesses they own. And no, I won't be taking your last name when we marry. I will keep Allen Clark so no one forgets my family runs my family company."

"Do I still get to call you Patty?"

She smiled.

"I'm good with that. Promise me one thing though. Never bring your work home to "Us" time. And don't think you can buy me off with your money."

"Deal. But that was two things. And I won't stand for you flashing your own money around."

"Deal."

We ate well. We drank really good wine. And the dancing started. Claire and Greg moved directly to the center of the floor. It didn't matter. It was a waltz, so the entire gathering would be revolving counter clockwise around the perimeter. I didn't give Claire a thought. Patty was stunning, and had taught me well. We stayed on the floor throughout the orchestra's entire first set, and we looked good. My beautiful partner drew looks. I could see people actually pointing as they gossiped about who her parents were.

The set ended, and I ordered a bottle of champagne. Greg and Claire arrived at our table with the wine.

"Oooo, Claire cooed. What are we celebrating?"

"Life, love and good future!" I said as I motioned the waiter to pour each of them a glass.

"I couldn't help notice," Claire chimed in, "your ring is beautiful, and it looks a little familiar."

"Yes," Patty answered, "Danny and I first met a couple of months ago when I gave him a ride. It was freezing and wet, and he had just left some party. He was really down, and he gave me this ring to keep for him. Well, I did. And when we got to know each other, he decided I should wear it. Tonight he made the deal complete. He asked me to marry him. I guess he came with the ring."

"Danny. That was my ring! We were going to discuss this, and you were going to come out to Block Island for the summer so we could re-connect and..."

"Oh Claire, I don't fit with you. No matter how long you wear my ring and how often we reconnected at Block Island or anywhere else, I'm never gonna fit. Greg gets the first dance, always. So give him the first dance at your wedding."

"Greg's gay."

"I'm not gay. I don't know why she said I'm gay, but I'm not gay. I'm just not. I, I, I,..."

"I get it Greg. You're not gay. I've seen you looking at Claire, and I know! You love her. I've also seen you looking at the guys in your little clique, and I know you have a thing going for them too. So you switch hit, it's ok with me! Maybe you guys need something a little less traditional in your life. As for me, I wish you luck. But I maintain, I wouldn't have fit in, and I'm sure Claire doesn't want to be a divorced mom, right?"

@@@@@

"Darling, hurry. I don't want to be late."

"I'm coming Patty. I'm just having trouble with the studs on my shirt."

"If you don't get down here right now, you will be having trouble with all of the studs at the reunion. Because I'm about to leave you here and go on alone! I'm serious Danny, I... Oh. Don't. You. Look. Handsome."

"I had it made just for tonight. I went to Manny's shop the last time I was in Manhattan. I took the tux I wore the night you put on my ring, and his son copied it for me and my uh-hem, new dimensions."

"You look so good. Somebody is getting lucky tonight! Oh no! Did you bring the shoes? I haven't worn them out of the house since that night."

I grabbed the shoes from the closet and knelt before her. She delicately lifted each in turn, and let me slip them on her feet.

"The slippers still fit Cinderella, and your carriage still hasn't turned into a pumpkin."

"Well, its only been thirty years."

I still had the car I used when I drove her to the formal that night. It was a classic now, and drew some envious looks when we pulled up to the valet. Our kids met us at the door with their spouses. They all were alumni of our college, and were joining us for the dinner.

Claire was there, with Greg and their kids. They sat at three tables in the back with their broods. They indeed had adopted an unusual lifestyle, and were polyamorous with two of the couples. Their entire clique was present and still very close.

Everyone had done well for themselves, but the lessons I had learned at that school had paid handsome dividends. Patty had her parents' companies, and was preparing to hand off control to our daughter. Our son was about to take over mine. Guess what we planned to do in our retirement? You don't get to know. I'm too much of a gentleman to kiss and tell. So all you get to know is that my Cinderella still wears those shoes to bed when she feels frisky. Tomorrow we were heading out to travel the world. I'm packing my favorite cologne, the sex in a bottle. She's packing the shoes.

Bon Voyage, Baby.

maninconn
maninconn
2,088 Followers
12