Slow On The Uptake Ch. 01

Story Info
Everyone knows he loves her but her.
3.3k words
4.44
27.9k
28

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/16/2022
Created 05/19/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Blake could not believe what he was hearing from his best friend.

"Nothing, I just think that maybe he deserves a second chance."

"A second chance? Really? I thought you already gave him that along with chances three, four, and five. "

Blake could not understand how she was even thinking about staying with her boyfriend Dev; all they did was fight and have sex. Dev never wanted her to do anything but sit around and wait for him; but he just went and did whatever the Hell he wanted. This time Devin and Sam made plans to hang out and watch a movie at her place (a.k.a. fuck like bunnies), but he never showed up. He did not even send her a text until two hours after he was supposed to be there.

Blake was so sick of Sam going after the "bad boys." She always said the nice guys bore her and were never fun enough in bed. Sam was all about fun in bed. Black just wish she wanted to have fun with him in bed.

Blake and Sam have been friends since her freshmen and his junior year of high school. Now at age twenty-five, Sam called Blake her gay best friend who just happens to be straight. Blake called Sam his crazy best friend who he just happen to be in love with. Well, he only called her that to himself but he was pretty sure everyone knew. Except Sam, who is a bit slow on the uptake apparently.

So here he sat in their favorite bar, listening to Sam list all the reasons why she is thinking about staying with her asshat of a boyfriend.

"The sex is great and fun," Sam said with that wicked gleam she gets when talking about "fun" sex. Blake really did not want to hear about Sam and Dev's sex life again. He wanted to be the one to be having a sex life with Sam but that was never going to happen. So he would just have to settle for being the best friend.

"You know what Sam?" he retorted, throwing his hands in the air, "if you want to stay with him then fine but don't come to me bitching about him." Blakes voice raising just a little bit. "You know what you are getting into with him and you know he is an asshole. But hey, you have great sex! What else do you need to have a great relationship?" He was definitely getting worked up now. "I mean what the Hell do I know?"

"Dude, chill," Sam said looking at him wide-eyed.

Blake narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't 'dude' me. Come on, Sam, you just need to move on from Dev." Letting out a breath and relaxing a little bit he continues. "Is the sex really worth putting up with all his bullshit?" Then looking her right in the eyes he asked, "Do you even really love him?"

Sam looked away from him "Um...sure," then shrugging her shoulders added, " Okay, maybe not real love; but I do love the sex and I even like him sometimes."

Blake let his head fall and hit the bar, "You are impossible! You know that, right?"

She laughed and patted the back of his head, "Yeah, but you picked me so it's not my fault you put up with me."

Lifting his head and a shaking it, he said, "I question my sanity sometimes."

"Well you know I love you even if you're not fully sane because neither am I," Sam said, not knowing what the words 'love you' really mean to Blake. She loved him as a best friend, as a brother; but Blake loved her as his everything.

"Well, I have to go work on that project for work," he said as he reached into his back pocket to get out his wallet.

She stopped him by grabbing his wrist, "No, I got this one since all I did was bitch the whole time." She pulled out cash, laid it on the bar, and walked out with him.

They stop once outside the bar. "Night, Blakey," she said, giving him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for dealing with my dumbass."

"No problem," he smiled, hugging her back then pulling back and looking at her before adding, "Just please think about being smart and telling Dev to fuck off."

She smiled at him, "I will think about it." With that she let go of him and walked towards her car. He watch her as she walked away.' Damn she has a nice ass,' he thought to himself. Shaking his head at that thought, he turned around and walked to his car.

He thought she had a nice ass and a nice everything else also. Sam was; as she like to put it, "space efficient" (a.k.a Short) at 5 2'. She thick had shoulder length strawberry blonde. Her eyes where deep brown which was such a contrast to her porcelain skin. Oh Course Blake loved here tit's they 34 D's and the were all real. She always said she had no hips or an ass but Blake really did think her ass was great.

He knew they would never be more than best friends, that he would never be more than the gay best friend who happened to be straight. And he was good with that as long as she was is his life. Okay, so maybe good was not the right word, but he would have to be good with it because that's just how it was going to be.

That night Sam layed on her bed staring up at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling going over everything her and Blake had talked about that night. Maybe it was time to just move on from Dev.

"He is an asshole but the sex is so good," she said aloud to herself then smacking herself in the forehead. "Ugh, what the Hell is wrong with me?"

Getting up off her bed, she walked over to the phone on her dresser and picked it up. It was time to do what she should have done a long time ago.

"Hey, babe." said a sexy as sin voice on the other end of the phone.

Of course he would act like everything is just peachy, Sam thought to herself before she spoke.

"Hey, Dev, look I'm sure your busy trying to think of a lie why you did not show up last night so I will just make this quick. I'm done."

Just as she was about to hang up he started to talk. "Whoa, babe, hold up for a minute." He sounded a little shocked. "I said I was sorry for not coming over. Come on, you know you don't want this to end."

"No, Devin, you never did say you were sorry," she stated with annoyance in her voice. "You texted me two hours after you were due to be here and all you said was something came up and you would make it up to me later!"

"I am sorry and I am going to make it up to you." Then in a sugary sweet tone he added, "Come on, babe, you know I love you."

Now that made her laugh. "Whatever, Dev! You don't love me -- you love fucking me."

"Well yeah, I do love that too."

She was ready for this just to be done with. "Look, I don't love you and you don't love me." After taking a breath she went on. "This has gone on too long as it is. Yeah, we are good in bed together--"

Cutting her off he added, "And on the floor, and kitchen table -- oh, and the park bench."

She let out a frustrated breath. "Okay, Devin, point is: I need more than just a good fucking out of a relationship."

"Why?"

He was so lucky that they were having this talk over the phone because if it was face to face she was sure she would have strangled him by now. Rolling her eyes and tapping her foot she answered. "Because I do... And you are a jealous asshole who will not even let a guy look at me, so it's not like we can just be fuck friends."

"Is that what you want? To be a fucking slut and fuck other guys?"

"Fucking Hell" she muttered, feeling a headache coming on. "No, Devin," saying his name like a curse word, "but what's the point in be exclusive if it's really just about sex?"

"You know what Sam?....Go be a slut! I don't care!" With that he slammed the phone down and hung up on her.

"Well that went well... Thank God that is over," she said to no one as she put down her house phone and went over to her purse, grabbing her cell phone and sent a text to Blake.

'Ok broke with asshole... This time for good'

Two minuets later she got a text back.

'Really? Its about damn time!!!!... Are you OK?'

Smiling she wrote back,

'Yes really and yes I am more than ok... I should have done that months ago'

Sam laughed out loud at what he wrote back.

'Yeah you really should have but you have always been a bit slow on the uptake'

Shaking her head she wrote,

'Asshole'

A minute later she heard a beep.

'Yeah yeah but you still love me as ur straight bestfriend who is NOT gay'

At that she smiled and put her phone down. Blake hated when she called him her gay best friend. Which is why she always called him that. She loved getting under his skin and it was so easy to do. She knew he was straight. Hell she had walked in on him and a girl more then one time and she definitely knows a few girls he has been with, too.

Blake was a good looking guy; He was 5 10" with a runner's boby. He had brown curly hair that if it got to long frowed out. His eyes were the an amazing mix of blue and green. His eye were always what the girls feel for. Every girl but one.

To Sam he might as well be gay; anytime she had somewhere big to go or needed to buy a new dress Blake was always the first person she asked to help her pick out what to wear. He had great taste and always told her the truth when it came to how she looked in something. Sometimes she could do with a bit less truth -- like the time she colored her hair dark brown and he told her it looked like "complete shit." He was right, of course.

They were like that with each other. She never held back punches with him and he never did with her. She did not know what she would do without him. Blake was most definitely her rock.

Blake was happy that Sam finally got rid of Devin, and not because it left her free to date him -- because he knew that would never happen. He just wanted her to be happy. He could tell over the last few weeks that she was getting more and more frustrated with her relationship with Dev. She always acted like she did not care about him canceling or just not showing up but Blake could tell it was starting to hurt her. Without that asshole around he knew Sam would be much happier. Okay, and it makes him a Hell of a lot happier, too. He will be happy until Sam finds a new asshole boyfriend. At that thought, he sighed and took a big pull of the beer he had been nursing for the last ten minutes while waiting for Sam and her friend Maggie to show up at the his condo.

The three of them where all going out together to celebrate Sam's new single status. The best part was that Maggie was Dev's step sister, even his own family was happy for Sam. They were all meeting at his place because it was within walking distance to the strip where all the bars were.

When the girls got there the three of them decided to start the night off right with a shot of Jameson before heading out to the bars. Yeah, he was definitely looking forward to getting shit drunk and doing his damnedest to find a girl to bring home for the night. He wanted Sam but since she did not seem to even know he had a penis, he would just have to settle for meaningless one night stands for now. Maybe one day he would get over her and actually find a girl who would love him back. He really did not hold out much hope for that.

As the night went on they all managed to get pretty well lit before stumbling back to Blake's condo, where they all probably passed out. The next morning they all had slight hangovers and woke up needing greasy crap food. Sam being the only one who could cook, went to the fridge and was happy to find the makings for omelets with lots of bacon.

Just as Sam was putting everything on plates, Blake and Maggie walked in and silently took their plate and sat down. No one talked until they were done.

Maggie took her last bite then laughed looking at her friends finishing up the food, "Well, I would say we did good last night. No one yacked and we all had one Hell of an appetite this morning." Then she looked at Blake, "Blake, why didn't you bring home that chick that was definitely putting off the 'fuck my brains out' vibe to ya?"

He just shrugged, "I just was not feeling it, and she was not really my type." The girls laughed at that because the girl from the bar was Blake's type: blond, great rack, killer body, and nothing going on between the ears.

"Come on, Blakey, that girl was hot.... Dumb as a box of rocks but hot," she gave him a funny look, "Just how you like em."

"Im sick of the all dumb girls that are just good to fuck." He had no clue why he just said that. He really did not want to talk about this while he was hung over.

"Well that's awesome that you want to find a girl you could have a relationship with," Sam said as she started trying to think of a girl that might be good enough for her Blake, but she came up with no one. To her Blake was the best guy a girl could get and she really could not think of who she would trust with his heart. Maggie spoke up, ending Sam's track of thinking. "So what kinda girl is your type?"

This was really making Blake's head hurt even more. He just surged, "I don't know."

At that Maggie rolled her eyes and then mumbled "I bet I know." Blake's face turned red and looked away. Sam just looked between her two friends wondering what she missed. "How would you know what his type of girl he would want to have for a relationship?" Sam did not even know and Blake was her best friend. He has never really been a relationship kind of guy.

Maggie looked at Sam with a looked that said 'are you really that dense?' and when Sam just looked at her and said, "What?" Maggie decide that yes, her friend really was that dense when it came to this.

Shaking her head, Maggie just said, "I just have a hunch." At that Sam perked up waiting for Maggie to go on and Blake looked at Maggie as if he was trying rip out her voice box with his eyes.

"Well I got to go to get ready to go to my dad's house; I am late, so, Sam, you will have to get a ride with Blake later."

Sam just stared at her for a few seconds before she spoke, "What the Hell was that? I thought you were going to enlighten me on what type of girl Blake would like to find."

Maggie laughed and collected her things. "You are smart, girl; you will figure it out on your own." Then she cut her eyes to a red'faced Blake before adding under her breath, "I hope."

She said bye and as she was leaving she gave Blake a hug and whispered to him, "Just tell her."

Blake was just happy she was gone and could not open her big mouth anymore this morning. Before Sam could bring it up anymore he told her he was going to go get a shower. When he got out he heard the shower going in the guest bath.

Sam decided not to push things, she was just happy that Blake wanted to stop hooking up with dumb sluts. So when they were both done with getting ready she said nothing about what they were talking about that morning.

Blake was grateful Sam had not started to ask questions about what his perfect girl would be like. It's not like he would tell her the truth. Blake took her to her apartment and, as always, he got out and walked her to the door. She gave him a hug, "You will find a good girl, Blakey." Then pulling Blake and looking at him she said, "What girl would not want you?"

Blake looked at her for a few seconds and thought about what Maggie said to him that morning, "Just tell her!" He could not take it anymore; he knew that he might be fucking up his friendship with Sam but he was miserable being in the friends zone and hiding that she was the perfect girl for him!

Sam saw a weird look cross Blake's face and had no clue what he was thinking when suddenly his lips were on hers. Sam stiffened at first then tried to back away but Blake held his lips against her until he felt her relax and start to kiss him back.

This was her best friend kissing her and she was kissing him back! All she could think was that this was her best friend and she should not be kissing him. She was just about to pull away and tell him he needed to leave when she felt him nip her bottom lip then as she gasped he slid in his tongue, all thought left her at that point and she feel deeper in the kiss.

Finally Blake pulled back and looked at Sam to gage if he just fucked up everything. He could not tell; she looked shocked but not mad.

"Sam, look...I'm sorry I just did that." He passed, "Well, no I am not sorry and you kissed me back so you had to like it some...." He was rambling and Sam was just too shocked to say anything. "Okay, well I am going to go so I will call you later."

Blake turned and walked to his car, leaving a shocked Sam standing at her apartment door.

After a few minuets Sam opened her door and walked in to her apartment. "What the Hell just happened?" She asked out loud to no one. She really should be grossed out that the just kissed her best friend who has always been like a brother, but all she could think about was how great that kiss was. She had never been kissed like that and she wanted more of it. She was so confused.