Small World Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I should imagine it is, but what rotten bugger told you about Bournemouth in the first place then?" Clint asked, "People should really make sure of their facts, before they go telling tales."

"Well, no one actually told me. I was visiting an old friend of mine and they were on holiday at the same hotel, when you were there. They were just showing me some of their old holiday films. In one of them you two featured quite prominently."

"Oh, my, I bet that must have been George and Rosemary!" Gina said, "You remember them, Clint, the nice couple with all those kids. God, six children; two was enough for me. George had that damn camera running nearly all the time; I don't know how Rosemary put up with it. He left her looking after the children most of the time."

"You remember meeting them then?" I asked.

"Oh, yes, Clint and I only stayed a couple of nights, but Rosemary and I had some good laughs together whilst we were there. She was telling me how to keep Clint under control; she was quite a girl. Anyway that isn't what's important. Your problem now is, what are you going to do about Leanne?"

"I'm not sure how I'm going to approach the subject with her."

"I can understand what you must be feeling like. Finding out that you've made a mistake can be very embarrassing. And to have gotten divorced over a mistaken identity; I'm not sure how you should deal with that. I'm sure Leanne must be very upset that you didn't trust her word."

I sat back in my seat and looked at these two new friends that I'd suddenly appeared to have made myself. They both seemed very genuine and very concerned about Leanne and my plight. For the next hour or so we talked about what I should do.

Then Gina who had been quiet for a while said, "Look, Pete, I've got an idea. I know this is none of my business really. But how about if I go down to Exeter before your next planned visit to see the children. You must have some idea of the places Leanne normally goes to during the week. Maybe I could run into her by accident, if you understand me. And then if we look as alike as you say we do, with any luck, she is going to put two and two together and realise who I am.

"I'll let her tell me all about it. Then, if she wants to, she can introduce me to you over the weekend. That will make her feel good about herself. Then she's either going to forgive you, or kill you.

"Oh, you'll have to eat humble pie for a while, I'm sure. But if we look as much alike as you say we do, I'll bet she'll understand," Gina suggested.

"Would you mind doing that? I mean Leanne and my problems have nothing to do with you. Why should you want to get yourself involved?" I asked.

"Well, in a strange way I feel obligated. After all Leanne was mistaken for me. And of course it isn't everyday you get a chance to meet your own doppelganger, now is it? Now when are you due to go and see the children again?"

So the arrangements were made. The plan was that the following Wednesday Gina - and I assumed Clinton - would go down to Exeter. Where Gina would - with any luck - run into Leanne at the local horse riding school. For as long as I could remember, Leanne has helped with the riding for the disabled association on Thursday mornings. I could see no reason for her to have stopped doing that.

Anyway if things worked out as Gina planned, she thought it most likely that Leanne would ask me to meet her on the Saturday evening and where she suggested that we could - with any luck - sort our problems out.

Later that night I ran over in my mind the events of that day and I wondered just what was going to happen the following weekend.

End of part one