Smallville: Saving Me Pt. 01

Story Info
Clark provides Alicia with her outpatient treatment.
3.2k words
3.93
17.2k
5
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 10/25/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following events take place after Alicia's release from Bel Reve in Season 4. Both Clark and Alicia are 18 years old. Oh, and for those of you who want the heavy sexual content- that will be in the next part. Sorry, this part is mostly romance and story.

*

Alicia stood at the bus station, nervous, wondering if he'd actually pick her up. He had said he would, but even asking a ride from him was a big favor after all that had gone down between them.

But it turned out she had nothing to fear. A familiar red pickup truck rolled up and found a parking spot nearby. The door opened, and a tall, muscular, flannel-wearing farm boy got out. He had a mess of brown hair and light blue eyes which could portray a range of emotion- from love to disappointment. Alicia had seen both in his eyes before as he gazed at her.

Nonetheless, her heart sped up as he walked briskly toward her. "Clark!" she cried out, throwing her arms around him in a hug. Clark Kent was caught off-guard, and even he wasn't fast enough to avoid her embrace. He awkwardly tried to return the gesture at the last moment.

She pulled him back to arm's length. "I was planning on getting you a gift of gratitude, but Hallmark apparently doesn't make a 'sorry I almost killed you with meteor rock,' card." She looked into his eyes, begging for his forgiveness.

Clark looked back into his eyes, seeing a new solemnity beneath the usual bright and energetic brown eyes. Perhaps she had indeed come to terms with the horror of the things she had done. He cupped her cheek and looked straight at her, his eyes boring into her soul and yet offering her forgiveness for things she had yet to truly forgive herself for. "You were sick," he said softly. "You weren't yourself."

Alicia nodded and looked away so Clark couldn't see the tears that threatened to overwhelm her. Clark was so selfless. What had she done to deserve his affection, even for a brief time?

Clark cleared his throat, apparently feeling awkward. "Do you have a place to stay at?" he asked softly. He put his arm around her and walked her back to his truck.

"Clark, I just got out of a mental hospital."

He tensed. "What about your parents?"

"Clark, I almost killed my dad, and they have lived in terror of me for years. They deserve better than that."

"Alicia, I hate to break it to you, but there are going to be lots of people in Smallville who are going to have trouble forgiving you." They stopped at the truck and Clark opened the door for her.

As they got in and Clark started up the engine, he shot a look at her. "Frankly, I'm surprised you asked for a ride. You could just teleport to Smallville. In fact, you could have teleported out of Bel Reve at any time." He shifted the truck into gear and began to bring the truck back onto the road.

"I can't teleport anymore." She held up her wrist. "This bracelet injects small amounts of lead into my bloodstream every couple of hours."

Clark sighed in relief as he began the drive back to Smallville.

"You're relieved," Alicia noted, her voice bitter.

"Alicia, believe it or not, I know what it's like to lose your powers. Mine were stolen from me once. I never felt as helpless as I did at that time." He didn't mention it had also been a liberating experience not having to hide who he was. Alicia wouldn't understand. "But I would be lying if I didn't feel a whole lot edgy without having to worry about you popping out of nowhere at inopportune moments."

Clark frowned, realizing that they still hadn't discussed where she would stay if she wasn't going to live at her parents. He typically let just about anyone stay at his house- heck, the Kent farm could double as a motel- but he already had Lois there. He wasn't comfortable putting Lois near an ex-criminal, even if Alicia was powerless. His mom wouldn't be too keen on having one of the people who knew his one weakness live under the same roof as him, either. He didn't love the idea himself, but he didn't want Alicia to spend the night in some homeless shelter, especially without her powers.

At the next red light, he brought the matter up again. "Alicia," he said, turning to look at her, "There's something you should know about me." She swung her head around, excited at the prospect of the mysterious Clark Kent revealing some deep, dark secret. Well, what woman wouldn't be?

He took a deep breath. "Lots of people think I'm some kind of selfless angel. I'm not. I have had falling-outs with my parents as well."

"You didn't try to kill your father," Alicia said bitterly. Clark continued gazing at her, ignoring a honk behind him. Alicia saw his hard gaze, and her jaw dropped and eyes widened. "Oh my God. Clark..."

Clark stepped on the accelerator again. He didn't bother to tell her the details- he still didn't trust her enough to tell her about red Kryptonite, his birth father, and all that. "I did some horrible things after my sophomore year. Chloe and Lana have seen me at my worst. My father brought me back, though. It was horrible. For months I couldn't get over the shame of what I had done. But my parents forgave me. Eventually," he said, shooting her a small smile.

She opened her mouth to ask something, but Clark cut her off. "I'd let you stay at the farm, but we actually have a prolonged guest living there. A cousin of Chloe's. She's absolutely insufferable," he said with a smile.

"Clark, you don't have to make excuses. I understand."

"I'm not lying."

"But you don't want me to stay at your house anyway."

"Do you remember the last time my parents caught you at my house?" he said, trying to lighten the mood.

She giggled. Clark looked at her, then back at the road. "Alicia..." Damn, what he was about to say was crazy, but he had to say it. "Even after everything, I still feel like you're the one person who I can be myself around. Are you interested in going ice-skating when we get back to Smallville?"

Alicia's heart caught in her throat. Was Clark giving them a second chance, even after she had betrayed him? "I would like that, yes," she replied hoarsely.

***

Clark tumbled into Alicia for the third time that night, knocking her to the cold ice of the rink. She laughed. "Apparently you aren't as graceful on an ice rink as a football field," she teased as he helped her up. She punched his arm. "I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to get a little cold. How about we warm up?"

"Uh, sure," Clark said, clasping her hand as they headed off the rink. At the rink entrance, he saw a disapproving Chloe. She was glaring at him.

"Clark," she said in a tone with clearly false cheer. "And Alicia. Clark, can I speak with you for a moment?"

Alicia glanced at Clark nervously, and he smiled reassuringly. "Why don't you get us some hot chocolate?" he suggested. "I'll be over in a minute."

Alicia smiled nervously and nodded, leaving them alone.

Chloe watched the other girl leave. "So, I see you appointed yourself Alicia's parole officer," she noted with that same dangerously sweet note to her voice.

Clark nodded. "Someone should keep an eye on her..."

"Oh, Clark, please don't take me for a fool," Chloe said sharply. "I'm glad you're moving on after Lana, but going out with a psychotic meteor freak with a dangerous obsession with you was not what I had in mind."

"She's been cured," Clark said defensively.

"Oh, so you're just going to take it from where things last left off? Even if you can stand her now, what happens if you decide to break up with her? Are you going to risk her reverting back to her old self?"

Clark stared at her in stony silence, his expression one of Kent-class defiance.

"Damn it, Clark! What do you see in her?

"She's the one person I can be myself around."

"You could be yourself around anyone, if you would just open up and trust people!" Tears were threatening in Chloe's eyes now. Clark raised his hand and put it on her arm, trying to placate her. She threw his hand off and stormed away. Clark sighed and went to Alicia.

"Clark, I really don't want to jeopardize all your friendships and other attachments," Alicia said with concern. "If I had known what trouble coming back to Smallville would cause for you..."

Clark took Alicia by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Alicia, people just need a chance to see the good in you that I see. Give it time." He forced a smile. "Believe it or not, this wouldn't be the worst hardship my friendship with Chloe has endured."

Alicia looked at him with an expression of doubt. Clark smiled. "Last year Chloe was exposed to a cloud of chemicals which gave her a meteor power. Chloe became a walking truth serum. Anything she asked of people, they had to reply honestly."

"Must be a dream come true for a reporter like her," Alicia said with a smile. The smile disappeared. "Did she get you to confess your secret?"

"She tried to. As you know, meteor rock affects me differently than other people. I could resist her. Everyone else, though...she ruined relationships and families with her power. And worse, it was slowly killing her. Fortunately, Lex and I were able to remove the power before it was too late."

Alicia stared in wonder. After causing so much trouble, Clark had forgiven Chloe? "You just don't want to see the bad in people," she said softly.

"I don't. But I do. I'm willing to give people a second chance, though."

She smiled, holding up his hot chocolate. "I think it's gotten a little cold," she admitted. "If only there were a microwave to heat it up..." she glanced at Clark slyly.

Clark darted a look around to see if anyone was watching. Not seeing anyone, he poured a small amount of heat vision into the liquid, watching it began to steam again. Alicia chortled and he smiled.

"So, what have I missed in school?" Alicia asked.

"A lot of classes," Clark answered. "A bunch of people with meteor powers trying to kill me or my friends. Or other people in the school."

She turned away at that. It reminded her too much of her past.

Clark tried again. "You remember Pete Ross?"

"Of course. He was one of your best friends."

"Did I ever tell you how I helped Pete become a chick magnet?" He grinned cockily.

She stared at him, squinting. "Modest Clark Kent giving Pete Ross the keys to being a ladies man? You're joking."

"Not at all. There was this one time..."

Before long, the usually shy Clark Kent, who had always struggled to converse with beautiful girls, found Alicia laughing as he told her some of his more funny experiences at Smallville. He tried to stay away from the topic of meteor freaks as much as possible, and tried to be careful of his wording when the subject came up.

For the first time in his life, or at least in a long time, Clark Kent felt content with his life. There was a connection he felt with Alicia, undeniably strong yet different than what he had felt with Lana Lang. He was surprised by this, considering that he had known Lana since kindergarden and Alicia for only about a year.

They suddenly noticed that the crowd was leaving. "Looks like it's closing time," Clark said, getting up. Alicia followed suit.

At the car, as Clark went to open the door, Alicia pushed him against the car and kissed him. It was quick, but hard and fierce. She pulled away to look in his eyes, searching for some response.

"Sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to rape you there," she said with a smile. "I've just been waiting to do that since- mmmhm!" Her response was cut off as Clark kissed her back. The next thing they found themselves making out by Clark's truck. Clark's tongue invaded hers, and she permitted. Clark pushed her up against the side of the truck, and the impact of Alicia against the truck door was far louder than it should have been. Clark winced but Alicia just giggled. Her own tongue sought to explore his. She wrapped her arms around his neck and his slid down to her waist. They slowly slid down lower to cup her ass and Alicia made an "mmmhm!" of approval.

Clark wondered what had made him do that. Usually he wasn't so impulsive and emotional unless he was under the influence of red Kryptonite. Had she somehow dosed him with red K? Or was her Kryptonite-infected body making him lose his vaunted self-control.

But no, Clark knew it was nothing more than human lust that had him acting this way. Alicia moaned some more as he kissed her neck. She gave a short, delighted shriek as Clark Kent picked her up and put her down on the hood of the car. She wrapped her legs around his waist and ran her hands through his hair as she kissed him. Her hands reached under his shirt to caress his muscular body. She dragged Clark's hands up to cup her breasts. Clark froze for a moment at this, but he was soon lost to his passion and forgot his discomfort. Although initially clumsy in his caresses, it wasn't too long before Alicia felt her nipples hardening.

Alicia smiled and pulled back as her hands reached down to undo his pants button. Clark grabbed her hand and stopped her with a look. She put on a pouting expression, then a wicked grin.

"Come on, Clark, live a little," she teased. "Unless you're scared."

Clark blushed, and the sight had Alicia giggling. "Alicia, I just want to move a little slower," Clark answered.

"Aww, that's sweet, Clark Kent," she said as she kissed him once more.

Clark broke away at last. Both of them were still breathing heavily. "We can't stay here doing this all night," he said with a smile. "Let's get you home."

Alicia's good mood evaporated. "Can you at least stay with me until I'm settled in? I mean, until I know that my folks will take me back?" Her voice was weak and vulnerable. She hunched in on herself. Clark nodded, and she reluctantly got into the car.

Clark tried to make light conversation again on the car ride home, but he didn't know what else to talk about. His attempts were met by brief, distracted responses by Alicia, who kept biting her lip and envisioning her parents cowering at the sight of her.

When they got to her house, Clark got the engine and turned to Alicia. "Everything's going to be fine," he reassured her.

She managed a wan smile. "When you're with me and say that, I believe it."

They got out to find themselves greeted by not only Alicia's parents, but a harried, frantic-looking man with glasses.

"Dr. Miller?" Alicia asked, nervous. "How did you find me?"

"A local high school girl told me where to find you. She thought you had escaped."

"Chloe," Clark growled under his breath. He clutched at Alicia. "You told me the truth about being released, didn't you?" She nodded frantically. "I would never lie to you, Clark! Honest!" He nodded and released her.

"Alicia! I am so glad to see you! I can see that Clark Kent has lured you back so that he can take advantage of your vulnerability again!" The doctor had a crazy look in his eyes that set Clark on edge.

Clark cleared his throat. "Dr. Miller, I'm afraid you misunderstand."

"Alicia! Get away from him!" Dr. Miller shouted.

"No! I can be with Clark now! You said I'm better!" Alicia shouted, clutching Clark tightly.

"He only feeds your obsession! As long as you're near Clark Kent, you risking returning to your old ways. Do you want to risk hurting more people?"

Clark's throat tightened. "Alicia..."

"NO!" Alicia shouted, crying now. She tried to glare at everyone. "I've been so good. Is it too much to ask to have the one thing I really want?"

The words struck home to Clark. Hadn't he thought that so many times? Yet if being near him would make Alicia put others in danger, they had to part ways. As much as they both deserved happiness, he knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself.

He opened his mouth to tell her as much, but never got the chance.

"If that's how you feel," Dr. Miller said, "I'll just have to remove the temptation." He reached into his trenchcoat and produced a revolver.

Clark could have taken the bullet, or dodged it, or used his heat vision to make the revolver so hot that the mad doctor was forced to drop it. But he hesitated, and because of that he never had a chance to do any of these things.

Instead, Alicia pushed him out of the way as the shot was fired and took the bullet meant for him. Blood began to pool from a spot just above her breast. Her eyes widened. Clark caught her as she fell.

Dr. Miller and everyone froze. Clark stared in anger at Dr. Miller, wanting nothing more than to kill him. With his powers.

But it would not help Alicia, and he knew it would cause him nothing but regret. So he focused on Alicia instead.

"Call for an ambulance! Now!" Clark roared. The Baker parents and the doctor fled inside the house, leaving Clark alone with Alicia.

He realized he had a choice. He could wait for an ambulance to arrive or he could take her to the hospital himself using his super-speed. If he waited for the ambulance, she would lose more blood, which would put her life at greater risk. If he super-sped to the hospital, he would get there much quicker, but he risked jostling her on the way. And if he did that while moving at subsonic speed, he could make her injuries much worse.

He was left with no good options. With a sigh, he picked Alicia up and sped away in a blur.

***

"I need a doctor!" Clark shouted. Hospital staff came running to take Alicia out of his hands and strap her to a gurney. They began to talk frantically, talking about her condition using words and phrases he only half-understood. He followed her to the operating room, until he was told he had to wait outside. He almost shoved his way past the orderly, but realized that the doctors and nurses were right- there was nothing he could do. Even with all the powers given to him.

He sat outside in the lobby, his head in his hands, waiting.