Smartphone Spellbook Ch. 02

Story Info
Ethan casts his first spell.
2.1k words
4.48
43.2k
56

Part 2 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/07/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTWrites
PTWrites
1,218 Followers

Ethan looked at the phone. It was kind of strange seeing it greeting him, but he just assumed it was some large coincidence and the original owner of the phone shared his name. It finished loading up to a black screen with a single icon on it of a book. He assumed it was the contacts and clicked it open. Instead of opening a contact list though, it just had another message.

"Finally."

Finally? What did that mean?

"You're probably a little confused. My name is Vex and this isn't a phone you are holding, it's a spellbook."

"A spellbook?" Ethan muttered.

"Yes, that is what I said."

"The fuck? Can this thing hear me?"

"Yes it can and this thing has a name, Vex!"

"Vex? Is this some kind of prank? Who is this?" Ethan asked, assuming someone was listening in and typing in responses to what he was saying.

"This isn't a prank, my name is Vex. I am a demon and I'm trapped inside this spellbook."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say Vex!" Ethan replied mockingly.

"Fine, will this prove it?"

Ethan jumped as the phone began to shake. He dropped it to the ground and watched as it began to grow. Its shape changed as it morphed from a plastic and glass phone into a leather bound book with paper pages. Ethan leapt from his chair and backed away. After a short moment, the book morphed back into a phone. Ethan stood there, his heart racing and breathing hard. This wasn't a prank, what he just witnessed wasn't physically possible. He could see from a distance, a message on the screen. After a few moments gathering his courage, he moved back over to the phone.

"See?"

"What... What the fuck!?"

"Short version. Magic is real, demons are real, some are evil, I am not."

"You're... You're really a demon?" Ethan stuttered, reaching out with a shaking hand and picking up the phone.

"Yes, a demon of lust. I derive my powers from sexual acts. That's why the spell book only activated after you masturbated. Before that, I had too little power to communicate."

"Hold on, you knew I masturbated?" Ethan asked, suddenly slightly embarrassed.

"Yes, that's how I had the energy to finally communicate with you. Sexual acts create power for a demon like me, I can use that power to communicate through the spell that's trapping me in this book."

"Why does the book turn into a phone?" Ethan asked, suddenly more curious than scared.

"Centuries ago, I was trapped by a mage, bound into a spellbook and hidden away. After almost two hundred years, I began to learn how to manipulate the book, control it's contents. It provided me a way to communicate. I've made deals with many people, teaching them magic in exchange for trying to free me. My last apprentice died over seventy years ago. Since then, I've been in that library, but no-one has any interest in taking me as I had run out of power, so all they saw was an old blank book.

"Right, I get that. It doesn't explain the phone though."

"I'm getting to that. I sat dormant for years, coming up with a plan. A couple of days ago, a couple decided to have some fun in the isle where I had been shelved. I managed to gather enough power to enact my plan. Manipulate the book into something more modern people would be interested in and hope someone finds me. So, I turn the book into a phone and used the remaining power I had to push myself off the shelf. Luckily, you found me not long after."

"Wow... That's unbelievable."

"You're currently having a conversation with a phone that used to be a book, I think unbelievable has passed."

"Fair point. So what do you want from me?"

"To offer you the same deal as I offered everyone else. I teach you magic and in exchange, you try to get me enough power to break out of this book."

"And you get power by being near people having sex or committing sexual acts?"

"Bingo. So, magic and lots of sex, sound good?"

"Sure, fuck it why not," Ethan replied, surprising himself with how easily he just agreed to work with a demon and learn magic. Although when he thought about it, not many people would turn down the opportunity to learn magic.

"Good, we have a deal then."

"Don't we need to make a contract or something like that?"

"You mean some old piece of paper you sign with a piece of blood? Nah, we don't do that anymore, a verbal agreement is good enough."

"So how do I start?"

"Unfortunately, in the act of manipulating the book, I have become merged with the spells it contained. I can only display them with enough power and just communicating with you is using what little I gained from you."

"So what do I do?"

"Masturbating again should be sufficient."

Ethan sighed. Some guys could masturbate multiple times in quick succession, he was not one of those guys. He needed a little while before he could go again. So he got up and went downstairs. He found Anna sitting in the living room watching TV with a glass of wine. Retrieving a glass from the kitchen he joined her on the sofa.

He wasn't really interested in the show, or the small talk they were making, but he needed something to take his mind of everything. Despite how calm he had been talking to Vex, it was now dawning on him what had actually just happened. It was a lot to process and the crappy tv was a welcome distraction.

Eventually Anna went up to bed, leaving Ethan alone with his thoughts. He had decided to go along with Vex for now, the chance of learning magic was too good to pass up. Vex was still a demon though, he was struggling to comprehend that part, but he knew he had to be careful. Returning to his room he picked up the phone as he undressed and got into bed.

He didn't even look at the phone, just placed it on the bed next to him as he grabbed his real phone and loaded up some porn. It was strange masturbating knowing someone, or rather something, was right next to him knowing he was doing it. He tried to put that out of his mind and focus on getting the deed done.

After cleaning up, he picked up the phone. Instead of a message from Vex, it showed a lot of text. It described how to make something called a spell bowl. It required a few ingredients, but they all seemed easy enough to collect. Apparently a spell bowl was the basis of all magic. It would turn normal items that when combined in a normal bowl would do nothing and infuse them with magical power.

The next morning he set out early to find what he needed. Back centuries ago, he could imagine the ingredients would be hard to find, but in modern life it was easy. He got a copper bowl, clay, a candle and quartz gemstones from a hobby shop. Sage was easy to find in the super market and he got a silver knife from the drawer in the kitchen. Taking his supplies to his room, he set to work.

The first task was covering the underside of the bowl with a thin layer of clay. Next he had to make a circle of gemstones around the base of the bowl, with a line going up the sides to the rim, dividing it into quarters. The tricky part came next, carving runes into the clay, a different set for each quarter, using the silver knife. Once that was done, he carefully turned the bowl over and set the candle inside. Lighting it, he let it burn until the wax began to pool in the bowl.

Finally, all that was left was the sage. It simply said burn the sage on the candle, he had done everything right it should work, but if he had got even one of the runes slightly wrong, it would fail. With shaking hands, he touched the bundle of sage to the flame. He watched as it caught fire, except instead of burning orange as expected, it burned purple.

Suddenly the purple glow shot down the flame and along the candle down into the bowl. The runes on the sides began to glow as the clay hardened before Ethans eyes. It only last a few seconds before everything faded and the candle extinguished itself.

"I guess it worked," he muttered.

"Excellent. I have enough power to show you one more spell, it can be the first for you to try."

The phone showed a new page, one for a spell that was simply called 'Spy'. It required a few simple items to create what was called a focus. These apparently were the basics of spells themselves, they could be used over and over again making recasting spells much simpler than they would otherwise be.

The first required a circular piece of copper, which was easy enough to get hold of. Next a hole needed to be punched into the middle, then a piece of string fed through the hole and wrapped around the copper, dividing it into five. A different run then had to be carved into each section of the copper.

Ethan looked at the creation, it looked crude, but he was confident he had done it correctly. All that was left was to place it in the bowl underneath a candle and light the candle. Then to activate it, he simply had to burn a piece of hair belonging to the person he wanted to see. That was easy enough, he shared a bathroom with Ruby and her stuff was everywhere, including a hair brush. Although the drain was also always full of her hair, but that was kind of gross so he went with stealing some from the brush.

It was mid afternoon by the time he had everything ready. Ruby was in her room and Anna was out at her saturday yoga class. Ethan's heart was racing as he lit the candle, if this worked, he could spy on anyone. Well anyone he could get a piece of hair from. He had been tempted to wait until the evening when Ruby went for a shower, finally a chance to see her naked, but he was too excited to try out the spell to wait.

He touched a strand of her red hair to the flame and watched. The flame suddenly snuffed out and the surface of the bowl shimmered as if it was full of water. The shimmer began to take a shape, it was Ruby. He could see her in her room, laid on her bed watching TV. He couldn't hear anything, only see but it was like an invisible camera floating above her. A huge grin broke out across Ethan's face, it worked, it had really worked.

He was almost too excited to notice what Ruby was doing. She was wearing a simple vest top and shorts. She had an amazing pair of legs and loved to show them off whenever she could, so what she was wearing wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was that she had reached down and unzipped the front of the shorts.

Ethan watched in amazement as she slipped a hand into the front of her shorts and down into her panties. He watched as she brought her knees up and spread her legs as her hand began to move in her panties while the other gripped at the her bed sheets. Realising he was painfully erect, Ethan freed his own cock and began to stroke it while watching his step sister masturbate. He had been too excited just learning magic was real to think what he could do with it, but now he had an idea.

For years Ruby had treated him like shit, now he had the ability to change that. He didn't know what spells were in the book, but if Vex was a demon of lust, he was sure there would be some that would help him achieve his new goal of making Ruby his sex slave. The idea of her on her knees, servicing him whenever he wanted was enough to push him over the edge and he blew his load over the image of his step sister, his cum landing in the bowl and breaking the spell. He grinned, now he just needed to figure out how to make his dream a reality.

PTWrites
PTWrites
1,218 Followers