So Little Time to Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lori Russell? I don't care how much time we have together. Even if it's just today, please let me spend it with you. I love you with all my heart and nothing else matters."

Lori was now crying and crying made it hard to breathe. She needed her inhaler but nothing was going to interrupt this moment. "Lori Russell? Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

Aimee had slowly closed the gap between them and was now just a few feet away. She heard her father's proposal then waited for Lori's response.

Lori's airways were so clogged she could barely speak. She began to cough and coughed so loud and so hard people stopped to see if she was okay then saw Alan on one knee in front of her. In between coughs in one of the worst jags she'd had in months she managed to say, "Yes!"

Alan slipped the temporary ring on her finger then helped her retrieve her inhaler. He sat her on the ground and knelt beside her as she fought just to pull in the aerosol medication. Moments later the coughing slowed then stopped and turned to mild wheezing.

"This is what you're getting yourself into, you know," she said one word at a time as she struggled to breath.

"Then sign me up," he said his own eyes still filled with tears.

Aimee sat beside them and smiled. "Congratulations, you two. You make a very...interesting couple."

All of them laughed which started Lori coughing again, but luckily it didn't last long this time. When she was strong enough to stand, Alan helped her up and Aimee asked where her bags were. Aimee stayed with Lori while her dad went to retrieve her things.

Back home Lori looked at the ring on her finger and said, "I love my ring, Alan, but are you sure this won't turn my finger green?"

He told her how he got it and Aimee, who'd been listening in said, "Ahhhh! That is the most romantic thing I think I've ever heard."

She looked at her dad who pulled Lori close and kissed her. This time she not only didn't feel revulsion, anger, or bitterness. She felt joy and happiness and love.

"A-hem!" she said after the kiss went on for quite some time. "Okay, you lovebirds. We're all going to Dennis's brother's house for the night so you can um...make all the noise you want."

"You guys don't have to that," Lori said grateful for the offer.

"Oh, yes we do," Aimee said with a sly grin. "Trust me on that."

Maybe an hour after dinner the Garrisons were standing around the door ready to leave. Aimee head already explained to Lexi what was going on and then she understood why they were suddenly going to her uncle's house.

Aimee offered Lori a hug which she gladly accepted. "Thank you, Aimee. This is so thoughtful."

"It's my pleasure," she told her.

Lexi stood in front of Lori and said, "I'm so happy for you." The two girls hugged and Lori thanked her.

Then she moved to her grandfather and said, "I think May-December romances are kind of cool."

Alan laughed while Aimee said, "Don't even think about dating one of your teachers, young lady."

"Mooom!" Lexi said as everyone laughed.

"Okay, you two...kids...have fun," Aimee said as they walked out.

"I like her," Lori said referring to Lexi.

"Yeah, me too," Alan said. "I love that girl." He looked at Lori and said, "I love this girl, too."

"Mmmm. Really? Then...show me," she said with that familiar smile he loved.

"Come on," he said as he took her hand and slowly led her upstairs pausing to make sure she was okay.

"I'm sic Alan, not dead," she said the second time he did.

She laughed and Alan forced a smile. He knew she was teasing, but just hearing that word sent a cold chill through him. He didn't know where it came from, but the line from Love Story came to him. "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." He planned to make the most of it as he opened the door for his beautiful, young, new fiancee who began undressing immediately.

Minutes later the sounds of love filled the room. "Oh, God! Oh, yes! Ohhh....fuck me hard!"

Lori made him promise not to treat her like she was sick even though she was. So even when she began to cough as he made love to her, he didn't stop unless she slapped him hard and that would only be necessary because she could no longer speak. That didn't happen for several more months. This time she took him fully and begged for more.

"God, YES!" she cried as he slammed her pussy. "That feels so good!" she moaned. "I love your cock inside me, honey," she moaned as he kept at it. "And I love you SO much!"

She pulled him over and got on top and rode him hard, slowing when she found it hard to breath and used her fingers until she was right on the edge. She'd been on the pill for years because as badly as she'd love to have a child, she knew that would be the most selfish, unfair thing to do to anyone she loved. But at times like this, she allowed herself to fantasize about a sweet little baby laid in her arms that she would love with all her heart.

That thought always did it and once again it gently pushed over the edge. "Yes!!! Fffuck, yesss!" she screamed as she came hard, her body shaking with pleasure.

She raised up and felt him slide out. She lifted her leg then laid down beside him. "I love you, Alan," she said. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too, sweetheart," he told her as she laid her head on his chest.

"Promise me something," she said without looking at him.

"Anything. Anything at all. Just ask me."

"Promise me you won't cry when I die," she said as she drew little circles on his chest.

A huge lump formed in his throat and he willed himself not to cry. He wanted to tell her not to talk like that. Instead, he ran his hand through her long, pretty hair and kissed the top of her head. "I promise."

The weather is perfect in Phoenix during December and the family hadn't been there in years. In addition to the weather, the Christmas-day wedding was also perfect with Lori's parents and family joining the Thompsons.

The newly-married couple made the most of every single day they had together never looking back or worrying about how much time they had left as they knew it could never be enough no matter how long that might be.

Three years later it took all the willpower Alan had not to break his promise as they began lowering his beloved Lori into the ground.

"I'm so sorry, Daddy," Aimee told him as she held his hand.

"Don't be, honey. Your mother and I had 40 wonderful years together and Lori gave me three more. Most men never love once. I've loved...and been loved twice." He smiled at his daughter then said, "And I have you and Lexi. I'd say I've been a very lucky man."

She stayed there and held her father's hand until the casket was lowered all the way down then kept holding it until they reached their car. As they drove off Aimee realized that no matter how long love lasted; no matter how good it might be; it always ended much too soon.

There was just so much else to do in life like working, raising a family, and all of life's other demands. There was just so little time for love.

*Note: At the time of this ficticious story, life expectancy for those with cystic fibrosis was 29 or 30. It is now 37.