Soldier Girl Ch. 01

Story Info
Her adventure comes to an end, or perhaps a beginning?
2.5k words
3.73
40.9k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everyone. This is actually my first attempt at creative writing. Well, my first serious attempt, anyways. It's certainly my first real dive into the world of fiction. With that in mind, I'd like to know what you all think of it. Also, while I do plan on this being a series, I make no promises about anything. I'm just not the type of person to have a schedule unless it's absolutely necessary. That, and I wrote this because I was bored, and I have some free time on my hands. That can easily change. As for the chapter in question, there is no sex. I just wanted to get everything set up without having to force sex into it at some point. I suppose it will make it more satisfying later on.

All characters depicted are 18 years old or above.

Please give me any and all feedback on my work, and without further ado, please enjoy!

-Mori

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Stars littered the sky as the night gave its cold embrace to the valley, blanketing it in darkness except for a frail beacon of light that fought back its advance. Around it sat a halo of canvas tents that composed the small military camp.

Soldiers of the Rilae Empire sat around the fire, laughing and conversing with each other whilst the others stand watch. It was only really a handful of men fitting of a patrol group. The men that stood watch were the only ones fully equipped for battle while the rest were haphazard in the degree of their equipment.

Among the soldiers was one oddity. A woman. Females generally weren't accepted into the Rilaen military. Few even tried, as woman often lacked the same physical capacity of the men in their society. You had to be a rather accomplished fighter just to get over the cultural stigma and still be accepted. This is why the meager amount of females in the army usually rose in rank rather quickly, as they are held to much higher standards than males, thus only the best were allowed in. A woman's place usually resided in the home.

She was standing watch. The group had spent a long enough time together that her gender really only became apparent to the others in her exotic beauty. She was in her late teens: a newcomer to womanhood. Her bright scarlet hair extended down, almost reaching her shoulders. She wasn't allowed to let it grow any further, as it would become nothing but a burden during battle. Her skin was a creamy white that contrasted well with the color of her hair.

Perhaps one of her most apparent features was her size. She was small, perhaps even a foot shorter than everyone she now traveled with. She'd been small throughout her entire life. When she was a child she had always tried to reassure herself that she would eventually have a growth spurt or something. It never came, and as such, she was often teased about it in her early years, but while she was small, she still managed to keep her muscles toned and her limbs flexible.

Her irises were also yet another rarity, they were an exotic bright green. On her chest she was endowed with perky C-cup breasts, though she didn't look it as she had them strapped down with linen wrappings that constantly constricted her so that her globes wouldn't get in the way of her swordplay.

She took pride in her natural beauty just as she took pride in her station as a soldier in the Rilaen military. This was her dream, after all. Their family had a long history in the military. Her father and grandfather before him had been swordsmasters. They spent most of their time either off on campaigns for Emperor Valdus or training his many royal legionnaires. It was in her blood to become a warrior, regardless of her gender and size.

Thus her father trained her in the way of the sword until she had finally made it to where she was now, patrolling the Rilaen border, protecting fiefdoms loyal to the emperor from bandit raids and scouting for any suspicious movements. She showed much promise in her work, and it was almost guaranteed that she would be promoted to take more commanding roles in the near future.

"Ava," She turned to the man as he was calling her name and walking towards her from the campfire,

"You're relieved from your post. Get some sleep. You look beat, and we have a long day's travel ahead of us."

She nodded wearily at his words, as she'd been up for almost 24 hours now. Needless to say it had been a taxing day. She then walked over to her tent, removing bits of her armor on the way. She was relieved to finally be able to remove the thing. The stiffness of it had always bothered her, but she understood the practicality of it and endured it, perhaps even becoming used to it. Under the armor she wore was a plain brown tunic with pants of the same color. Both were stained with dirt and grass, as they were out in the forest miles away from the nearest town. It was a filthy task, but Ava was fond of the rugged, adventurous lifestyle that so contrasted with her childhood.

After she was done getting her armor off she collapsed on her mat and pulled a linen sheet over herself as she finally drifted off into a well-deserved sleep.

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

The merrymaking of the soldiers swiftly died down after their supply of ale had run low. Aldin was one of the unfortunate members of the group to have drawn a short straw as they decided who would stand watch first. He had missed the fun! The rest had drank up all the ale!

Sighing, he looked down to his feet in a pitiful attempt to alleviate his boredom. Closing his eyes, he imagined himself going back to his family and enjoying the small luxuries his pay would allow him once he went off-duty. He'd be able to replace their quickly decaying shoes and maybe even have a small feast to celebrate! Oh how wonderful it would be to have more than enough for once in his life. He smiled to himself as he drifted off into the crevices of his own mind to alleviate what reality could not. He was then rudely forced out of his "happy place" as he felt a prodding in his chest. It was a strange feeling, unlike any he had ever felt before.

His eyes snapped open and surprisingly he saw... darkness. It was different than that which was common of night. Bleaker, somehow. Perhaps he was just dreaming... Then he heard a sound, one that was low and guttural, yet still rather loud. He soon realized it was he that was releasing the cry, out of pain as he fell to the cool earth below him. In his final moments of life, he realized the darkness before him was not the night he would never see once more, but rather the gloom of death as it gave him its cool embrace. The kiss of the arrow piercing his heart had overwhelmed him, and Aldin was no more.

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Ava instantly awoke to screams of pain and the clang of steel; her hand instinctively darting to clutch one of her most faithful companions: a sword. Quickly she rose from her slumber to ready herself for the onslaught that was soon to come. She looked over at the heap of metal that was her armor. No time for that now. She decided it would be best to go outside and help with whatever was going on. She inspected her surroundings as fast as possible. The night was still young and darkness still blanketed the valley, but Ava could see well enough with her eyes already accustomed to the darkness around her. Their assailants had the element of surprise. That, and they simply outnumbered the border patrol group.

Ava could see the silhouettes of the attackers rushing towards her as her other companions fought for their lives. She was ferocious in battle. With the gleam of fire in her eyes she quickly dispatched the first few assailants that came her way. She was simply too fast and skilled for their clumsy, lumbering thrusts and slashes. As the fight went on, things seemed to be evening out as their foe's advantages began to wane.

But that soon changed as an arrow whistled by, sliding right into the back of Ava's right shoulder. The force of the arrow was enough to knock the girl off her feet. Her head hit the ground first, causing a sickening thump and a dull ringing in her ears. A few strands of blood paved their way down her face as she mercifully slipped off into unconsciousness, sparing her the pain.

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Ava had awoken to an excruciating throbbing in her skull. Light seeped in to the unfamiliar canvas tent in which she now resided. She made an effort to sit up from her prone state only to find that that too caused unbearable pain, this time in her right shoulder. While trying to compose herself she had remembered what happened last night. Her eyes tightened as she prayed that her troop had eventually triumphed.

Well, she was alive, wasn't she? And she could move her arm still, painful as it was, so she hadn't broken a bone, or at least if she had it wasn't anything serious. Probably just a flesh wound. She noted that her wounded areas were bandaged up nicely, and she began to relax a bit, then it donned on her. She was stark naked. She soon became confused and frightened as she tried to piece everything together and make an attempt at rationalizing it all.

As her senses slowly returned to her she began to evaluate her surroundings. She was alone in a canvas tent stocked with a few medicinal supplies. She could see that the sun was casting its rays through the flap of the tent. She craned her neck to look down at her body and took solace in the fact that she was covered up by a sheet. It was thin, but at least it was something. Then she stared in horror at the manacles clasped to her wrists. She followed the chains up to a thick wooden stake anchored deep into the earth. Her heart began picking up in its speed and volume in sync with her breaths.

No! She had to keep calm and composed. There had to be a way out of this.

Her arms had been given a generous amount of chain, perhaps so that she would be able to keep her shoulder in a comfortable position. She fought the pain, clenching her teeth as she dragged herself, along with her sheet, over to the stake with her left arm to test its strength. She wrapped her left arm around the stake and began exerting herself in order to remove it, but the futility of it soon became apparent. It just wouldn't budge, so she dragged herself back to the mat and began fiddling with her manacles.

They were cold and dark, probably made of some sort of iron. She definitely wouldn't be able to break them with her bare arms, not to mention one of them might as well be dead weight, but still, she persisted. She even went so far as to try and use the iron manacle on her wrist as a blunt object to beat the chain connecting to her other manacle with. Eventually a man walked in on her and smiled as he saw her doing this.

"You do realize that that's not going to work, correct? And you shouldn't move around so much, lest you want your wounds to open again." He said in a sharp tone, announcing his presence.

Ava quickly began covering herself more thoroughly as she became aware of the man's prying eyes. After becoming mildly satisfied with her modesty, she began to inspect the intruder as he looked down on her with an amused expression written all over his well-chiseled face. He had brown hair and brown eyes, his face littered with dots of hair that he couldn't quite shave off without cutting himself. He wore a plain brown tunic, cut with a thin 'V' that made part of his chest visible, under a leather strap that held his quiver which led down to his dark wool pants.

"Who are you? Where am I? Or better yet, why am I chained to the floor?" She asked.

"You may call me Hector, and as for our location, that is not information that will be given to you, since you are, after all, a prisoner here. I suppose that answers your last question as well." He said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice. Ava tore her gaze from the man. She just couldn't bring herself to meet his eye. His response had created more questions than it answered, some of them weren't so pleasant to think about.

"What happened? What about everyone else?" She asked in a low voice, still trying to avoid his eyes.

"You lost is what happened. Not that you had much of a chance to begin with. As for 'everyone else,' they're all dead. Have to be thorough about that, you know. Can't have anyone reporting back. You're actually rather lucky in this case; I certainly wasn't aiming for a flesh wound." On that note, his lips formed a wicked smile. There was something about that that just screamed danger in her mind.

It was probably the way in which he spoke: It gave her an odd menacing feeling, but it wasn't overt in nature. That is, beyond the fact that he shot her. Battle wounds were always a mystery to her. Somehow they managed to be completely impersonal as to who inflicted the wound on whom, while at the same time having the possibility to be life-changing. No, that couldn't be the reason his presence sent chills up her spine.

After hearing that she simply stayed quiet, focusing on his face with her peripheral vision. Certainly she had more questions to ask, but the incessant throbbing, and the dizzying, surreal feeling it gave along with it, was beginning again. Not to mention talking to this man was less than pleasant.

"Well then. If you have nothing more to say, then I'll be leaving now. By the way, we're leaving tomorrow, and seeing as you still have two functioning legs, you shouldn't require any assistance in that regard." He said whilst walking out of the tent.

Ava sighed and curled up into a ball as much as her arm would allow, and slowly escaped into the recesses of her mind. She'd find a way out of this later, she couldn't focus on it now. After about a half hour of lying awake, she succumbed to her headache and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Rate, comment, and all that jazz. I'd like to have some feedback on my work, after all. It'd probably be nice to read comments on it, and above all, thanks for reading. - Mori