Some Comfort Here Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was lost. Sorry," he smiled, walking up to her, and drew her close to him. "You look gorgeous."

"Oh, please," she rolled her eyes. "I look like a penguin. But I appreciate the kind words." She laughed, dropping her head back, her dark hair falling across her shoulders.

Isabel. His wife. Soon-to-be mother of their first child. His rock through the ten years that had made the band the most successful pop act of the UK and the five of them the ninth richest celebrities of Ireland. Less than three months ago they had celebrated the band's tenth anniversary with a massive show at Croke Park stadium, and were raring to go for another ten years.

"Izzi!" Kyle called out from the vast living room of Mark's Galway home. Then he peeked at them.

"Jesus." He smirked, leaning against the door. "You guys can never keep your hands off each other, can you?"

Brandon laughed, so did Isabel. She was Hy-Life's chief sound engineer, besides being a music teacher for blind children and a writer. But most importantly, she was their anchor, keeping them grounded with her wisdom, humility, and warmth.

"We'll be there," Brandon said to him. "Get lost now, will ya?"

"Going, going..." he grumbled, laughing, as he went back to the party. It was Mark's birthday, and his boyfriend Kevin had planned a surprise party for him. Not that it had remained a surprise for too long, since the entire clan was invited. Mark's family was there, his future in-laws were also there. Every other friend or family member he'd ever had was present.

He put a hand around Isabel's waist as they headed back to the party, where everybody was talking at the same time. Brandon's eyes passed over his parents and siblings, stopping over Nathan, his wife Gillian, their year-old twins Max and Jay, then moving over to Ben and his girlfriend Susan. Mark and Kevin were chatting to Kyle and his fiancée Rose, just a few months short of becoming husband and wife. There were Thomas and Emily, still shuttling between London and Ireland.

Everyone they loved was there. But Brandon had eyes for only one person.

"What?" Isabel asked when she saw him staring at her. He shook his head and kissed her. As their lips met, he found himself going a decade back, remembered the shy, socially-awkward girl he'd fallen in love with. His love for her had just deepened over the years. Only she was not sixteen, or shy, or socially-awkward anymore.

"Let's go," he whispered to her, reaching over to hold her hand. Felt her warm, soft fingers pressing against his skin. "Mark's looking for you."

He watched Isabel go over to the handsome birthday boy, share a laugh with him, and then ask Kevin to bring on the cake. Brandon watched her through tears that he was not even aware of. Fourteen number ones, eight world tours, and a Guinness World Record were their achievements so far. But for him, everything paled in comparison to the love of his life. Because, despite all his successes, Isabel would always be his biggest dream come true.

(Concluded)

12