Some Days are Diamonds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Foneman
Foneman
1 Followers

Not for long I thought, but didn't say it.

She looked over at the guys in line and said "You guys don't mind if I let my sweet ever loving hubby get in line ahead of you do ya? Don't worry it won't take him long, I call him my minute man, The only trouble is I won't feel a thing from his little dick but I know that several of you have the kind of equipment I need."

She looked up at me again " I want you to bring my kids back first though. My friends Ted and Joe (She pointed to two big guys standing by the barbeque) are going to stomp the shit out of you if you don't"

Ted and Joe turned toward me and kind of puffed out their chests in an attempt to look tough and scare me. At least I think I was supposed to be scared. For a second I was just a little sorry the cops were with me I was tempted to see how much I remembered from when I was in the Army Rangers. I was pretty sure I could kick the shit out of them without much trouble. They didn't teach me to fight fair.

Doug and I turned and to the sound of cat calls from the party goers we went to the front door and out side. I turned to Doug and said "Do you need me for anything now?"

Doug told me I could wait out front if I wanted to but he wanted me to stick around until everyone had been hauled off so that I could secure the house.

Doug called his officers together and briefed them then they proceeded to block all the exits and Doug and about ten uniformed officers went back into the house. Pandemonium ensued, I sat on the hood of a police car and watched as people came running to the front windows looked out and disappeared I could hear shouting and an occasional female scream coming from the house. Several people tried to run out the front door only to find themselves in the arms of the law.

I saw Joe begging a cop to let him go because he had a wife and kids at home and he didn't want them to be embarrassed by the publicity because he was an "Important man in the community"

While Joe tried, without success, to argue with the officer a mobile news van from the local TV station showed up and started shooting video and the first person they took pictures of was - you guessed it - Joe. Served the bastard right, If he had just shut up and gotten in the wagon he would not have had his picture on the 10 o'clock news.

It didn't take long and the last few people where being brought out, the last three were my wife, Kathy, the ministers wife, and the woman who had been fucking in the master bedroom. A bunch of the neighbors had gathered to watch the excitement and when Kathy was brought out a collective gasp went up, many of these folks attended her husbands church and they were quite shocked to see her being led out to the paddy wagon with only a blanket covering her obviously naked form.

Steve Bowers my neighbor from across the street, and a bigger gossip than any ten women, saw me sitting on the hood of the police car and came over.

"What is going on? "

"It's a raid!" I told him, I could barely keep from laughing.

"Are these people being arrested?"

"Yep I do believe that they are being arrested!"

"What are they going to charged with?"

"I guess you would need to ask the police that question but I'm pretty sure the girls will be brought up on charges of prostitution." I told him. Steve scurried away to let the rest of the neighbors in on the news. As Darla was led out she caught sight of me and somehow broke free of the officer leading her to the wagon. She ran over to me which was a mistake because the blanket that was wrapped around her came loose and she found herself naked with her hands handcuffed behind her so she had no way to cover her nakedness. She stood in front of me with her head bowed and cried "Jim please this was just a big mistake it was not supposed to get out of hand like it did. Please tell the police that its ok and to let me go."

"Darla this may have gotten out of hand but given the fact that I only left this morning you sure put it together in one big hurry. So I can only conclude that this is not the first time, It was too well organized for that. It may have been the first time here, but it was not the first time. Not only that I cannot tell the police to forget it they wouldn't even if I tried, and I won't. Oh and don't bother to ask I won't be going your bail.

She didn't get to say more as the officer that had been guiding her ran up with the blanket, wrapped it around her and pulled her away toward the wagon.

Doug came over and told me that the house was clear so that I could secure it. He mentioned that he thought I would probably want to hire someone to clean it up before returning to live in it again. I agreed, We locked the place up and left it for tomorrow. In the morning I would call a locksmith to change the locks and hire someone to clean the place up. Doug told me the beat officers would be keeping an eye on the place tonight in case any stragglers came by.

We locked up and I left for my sisters. I looked at the clock in my truck it was only seven fifteen, So much had happened today I was amazed it was so early.

When I arrived at my sisters I found a picnic taking place in the back yard. And much to my amazement Shiela was sitting on the glider talking to my sister with Jody curled up in her lap looking as contented as could be.

Shiela saw me approaching and looked somewhat surprised, and pleased but said nothing until Katherine said "Jim this is Shiela my next door neighbor, Shiela this is Jim my big brother."

I stepped up took her hand and bowed then we both broke out laughing as Katherine looked shocked and confused but pleased at the same time.

Shiela turned to Katherine "My boss is Jim's attorney. We met today in my office when I threw myself at him practically dragging him into a vacant office to ravage him." I remembered your maiden name so I was not completely surprised when he walked thru the gate the name and what you told me about the kids had me pretty sure he would turn out to be the same guy.

"Is this the same brother that you wanted me to meet when we where in collage? The one I refused to meet because I had my sights set on the loser/cheater I ended up married too.

Katherine chuckled "Yep he's the only brother I have. When you refused I introduced him to Darla and you know where that got him." Shiela got a serious look on her face and turning to me said " Jim I know you are hurting right now and that you may feel that being married to Darla was the worst thing that could have happened to you but you have two wonderful kids who love you and will be looking up too you to raise them don't ever forget that, OK?

"I wont! It is the knowledge that they needed me that has enabled me to keep it together for most of this day. I am fully aware of the fact that they need their father especially since their mother will probably not be around much. I love my kids and will do everything I can to bring them up right!

Shiela looked up at me and smiled " I know you will, and I will be here to help all that I can. Shiela scooted toward the center of the swing causing Jody, who was almost asleep to whine a little to which Shiela said cool it and tickled her briefly then as she settled down she kissed her on top of her head. She sighed and settled right down, Shiela patted the cushion next to her and said "sit".

I sat and put my arm over her shoulder. She immediately snuggled into the side of my chest reached up grabbed my wrist and wrapped my arm around her and let out a contented sigh.

Katherine looked at us. " I don't know, but it looks to me like you two did more than just meet today!"

"I know its crazy but we did just meet today" Said Shiela " I feel like we have known each other for ever. I know its too early for Jim to be looking for another relationship but I can't help myself when I'm here like this I just want us to be touching, I want to be near him and I feel like he wants to be near me. I sure hope he does" With that she leaned her head back and looked up into my eyes with a hopeful expression on her face.

I leaned my head forward and gave her a light kiss on the lips at least it started out as a light kiss but very quickly became more than just the little peck I had intended.

Shiela pulled back and looked up at me "Wow! Maybe we shouldn't do that with other people around, We are liable to embarrass them." "Seriously Jim I know that you are just starting down a road that you cannot know exactly were it will lead. And it would be a bad idea for you to jump into a relationship right now not to mention the fact that you are legally still married. But I want to say right now that when you are ready I will be right here hoping that you pick me.

About then Mark crawled up into my lap, somehow managing to share it with Shiela, and snuggled up to both of us and sighing settled down to go to sleep.

"I think you're a hit" I said

"Well you guys are a hit with me too! Before today I didn't believe in LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT but now I do!.

I said "Do you remember what Patrick Swayze said to Demi Moore in GHOST?" "No, what did he say?"

"DITTO!"

Her face lit up with a smile that I knew I would always be willing to do most anything to see.

I found myself reflecting on the old John Denver song "Some Days are Diamonds and Some Days are Stones" actually today had been both.

The stone was the way my marriage to Darla had ended. I knew even then that I would never know why she had chosen the path that she took

The Diamond is my new relationship with Shiela I don't know exactly where that will lead but I have a feeling that we are going to enjoy the journey.

I later found out that my choice of Ralph Edwards as my attorney was just the perfect choice, He knew all the right people to get things done right and right away. Had it been anyone other than Ralph and Conny on this it might have been as much as a week before Darla was arrested but as it turned out she spent more than just that night in jail. I don't know what, if anything, Ralph did but Darla had a very hard time making bail. None of the bail bondsmen would even talk to her and of course I had no interest in helping her make bail so she had to stay in jail until her trial came up, which took a while.

She was convicted of felony child endangerment and got probation which she skipped out on. We never saw her again and I never did find out why.

Foneman
Foneman
1 Followers