Someday Ch. 02

Story Info
Two old friends meet again in their senior year.
1.6k words
4.31
10.7k
9

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/02/2022
Created 09/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Fwark
Fwark
22 Followers

Author's note: Hey, again! To start off, I'd like to say thank you for all of the positive feedback, and I'll most definitely try to update often. I also tried to make this chapter longer, and I worked hard on it also, so I hope you enjoy.

**********

7 Years ago, Buffalo, New York, Dana's POV.

**********

School. Again. Isn't it funny how parents tell us not to talk to strangers and then send us to school? Hot mess. Anyway, I got dressed, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and walked to school. On the way there, I met up with my two best friends, Chelsea and Avery. Chelsea was a pretty brunette with blue eyes, and at the time, was standing at 5'6, which is pretty tall for a 6th grader.

Then, there was Avery. Man, cute ol' Avery. He was 5'2, with his long black hair, dimples, and hazel eyes. He wore glasses, which made his eyes look bigger than they already were. Guys would always make fun of him, calling him "Gay," Which, for the record, isn't necessarily an insult. But Avery took it as one anyway, being the sensitive teddy bear he was. At least Chelsea and I knew he was straight.

Once the school day was over, I walked home with Avery and Chelsea, and once I arrived at my house, the sight in front of me was very.. Interesting.

I saw my parents standing in front of the door, waiting for me, and my 9 year old brother; who's name is Drake, by the way; sitting on the sofa and crying. I questionably stared at my parents, and they both sighed, my mother starting to talk.

"Dana, hun, we have something to tell you, and you may or may not be upset about it."

Now, that made me a bit afraid. But, what came next was even worse.

"I've gotten a new position for working with the IRS; New York has become too difficult to live in. Our mortgage, and-"

I stopped listening after that. I started thinking about how Chelsea and Avery would feel, and how I would feel too, going to a new school. Sure, I guess I'm pretty cool, but I definitely wasn't the best at making new friends, considering I only have two now, in the city I've been living in since I was born.

"What the fuck, guys!?" I said, completely taken aback by their decision.

Both of my parents look at me in shock, and me, being the first one to hear myself, widened my eyes, and was about to say something, before my mother beat me to it.

"You'd better watch your language! God knows I'm not afraid to take out the belt!"

Ah, the belt. Old friend, I'll never forget you and all of the pain you've brought me.

But, forget that.

What my parents said was unacceptable, and I had to tell my friends as soon as possible. I called Avery first, and he added Chelsea to the call.

"Hey, guys, I have to tell you something.." I started. But, I couldn't. I couldn't tell them that I was leaving, and that I'd probably never see them again. Sure, I'd try to keep in touch with them, but they'd eventually forget about me.

So, I didn't tell them. I immediately changed the subject, and talked with them all night, trying to hold back my tears.

A month later, by the time, I was moving the next day. So, I told them. Of course, they were upset. I know that I would be, too. But I didn't want to have to deal with them the next day. Fortunately, I didn't.

**********

Present day, 9:30 AM, Avery's POV.

**********

As Dana and I arrived at iHop, I thought about the many questions I still had to ask her. We asked for a table for two, and the waitress lead us to a booth. We both sat down.

"So," I started, "Where did you move, anyway? And why didn't you tell us earlier? And why-" was all I got out, before she cut me off.

"Damn, calm down. One question at a time, Jamie. I moved to Texas. It was getting too expensive for my parents here. And I didn't tell you guys earlier because I didn't want you guys to start complaining. Sure, it was wrong, but you know me. So yeah, I'm sorry about that."

I sighed. She was wrong, but I DID know her. So, I changed the subject.

"How's your brother?"

"Drake? He's great. He joined the school's basketball team," She replied.

Boom.

"Really? How did I never notice you OR Drake?"

"Because you don't pay attention to anyone other than Chelsea. I know that you still like her."

Pfft.

"Nah. I dated her in 9th grade. We lasted about 5 months until she broke it off. I've gotten over her now."

She rolled her eyes, which made me scoff. We both laughed.

"Yeah, okay." She replied.

"So," I started, "How's your love life?"

She face-palmed.

"Oh, please. I still haven't gotten a boyfriend. I mean, the only reason I've had my first kiss was because it was during a Truth or Dare game."

Wow. Was she serious?

"Come on. I'm sure a few guys have been interested in you."

"I doubt it."

Ugh.

"Oh, come on. Don't be so insecure."

"Nono. It's not that; It's just, you know me. I'm just one of the guys. If a guy talks to me, it's either just a friendly chat or help with their homework. I never try to make any moves, and guys don't try to make moves on me, either. That's just how it is."

These boys be trippin, though. I sighed, and just changed the subject.

We talked, ate, and had a good time.

**********

It was Monday morning. My alarm went off for the 50th time. And no, I wasn't counting. I rubbed my eyes, put on my glasses, and checked the time. 8. Fucking. AM. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, stumbling on the way there. I brushed my teeth, and just kept on my glasses, because I didn't have time to put in contacts. I put on the first shirt I could find, some jeans and my timberland boots. I quickly ran out the door and drove to school.

Once I made it to the school, I ran in, rushing through the hallways. When I got into first period, I ran right into the door.

Shit.

I walked in with everyone's eyes on me. They obviously saw me face-plant into a wooden door. I scratched the back of my neck, hearing some girls behind me giggle.

**********

It was lunchtime. Finally. I sat with the people I usually do; Darrell, Chris, Chelsea, and her two friends, Kelly and Helen. We were all talking, when at the corner of my eye, I saw someone sitting alone. It was Dana. I walked over to her.

She glanced at me, then looked again, confused.

"What are you doing?" she said.

"Introducing you to some friends," I replied, taking her hand and bringing her to my table.

I introduced her to all of my friends, and all of them seemed to be exciting about meeting her. Everyone, except for Chelsea.

Every time Dana would say something, Chelsea would either scoff or roll her eyes. So, I brought her away from the table to talk.

"Chelsea," I started, "What's wrong? I thought you'd be excited about seeing Dana again."

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Excited? Are you kidding me?"

"What? What the hell is wrong? She was our best friend!"

"Exactly. And she LEFT us. Like we were nothing to her. Don't you understand? If we were so special to her, she would've told us she was leaving earlier. Why are you defending her!?"

Both of our voices started to raise.

"I'm defending her because she's our FRIEND, Chelsea! What don't you understand?!"

"What I don't understand is why you'd defend a BITCH, NOT OUR FRIEND."

"What the hell, Chelsea!?" I started, my eyes starting to tear up, "You're the bitch here! I can't believe I lost my virginity to you! I can't believe I ever l-"

That's all I could say before my emotions took the best of me. And to make matters worse, she slapped me, too. So, I walked out of the Cafeteria. No. Not just the cafeteria, but the school.

Shit.

Why was she being like this? Chelsea was the first girl I fell in love with, and even though we only lasted for a few months, I gave my everything to her. I couldn't talk to her like that. I couldn't talk to anyone like that.

Sure, I've been hiding behind this whole "tough guy" exterior, but it's really not who I am. Chelsea & Dana were the only ones who knew the real me. And they still do.

After getting my thoughts together, I decided to skip the rest of the school say. I'd have to face the consequences, but now was just not the time to be sitting in a classroom, bored out of my mind.

When I got home, I saw the only person I wanted to see outside of my door.

It was Dana, and she was holding my books.

She cheered me up, (as always,) and we talked, and laughed, and cuddled for the rest of the day. It felt good having a beautiful girl resting in my arms.

It was perfect. She was perfect. This whole night was perfect.

**********

Author's Note: So, that's it for now, guys! I hope this chapter was as long as you wanted it to be, even if it was a bit short. Like I said, I'm just starting out and I started running out of ideas for the end of the chapter. Lol. I hope that you liked it better than the first one! Once again, thank you all for the lovely feedback, cya!

Fwark
Fwark
22 Followers