Something about Elle Ch. 05

Story Info
Elle replaces Milly as business partner.
7.5k words
4.68
5.9k
4
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elle soon had reason to regret having made the requested to be properly wooed.

Flowers were arriving at work by courier each day and the women at reception were generating the rumor that Elle must be spreading it around as no one male would be that devoted, even to someone as glamorous as Elle.

Hannah had been over the moon when arrived home that evening of Elle's return to see her again. Donovan had dropped Elle off at the apartment to have a long sleep to reduce jet lag. The hugs and kisses bestowed by Hannah made up for Ellen missing out on bonding of that intensity with Donovan.

Elle learned that yes Joe and Hannah were an item and yes they were 'canoodling' and no they hadn't gone to bed yet and why was Elle asking such intimate questions.

"Because you are all light-headed about it all and want to talk to someone about it."

"Oh Elle, you are so wise and I have s-o-o-o missed you."

"Is he good and kind to you and excellent with personal hygiene?"

"Yes and unexpectedly good in fact."

"What does he do?"

"A little bit of this and that."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know Elle. He seemed embarrassed when I tried to probe."

"Good heavens perhaps he's Mr Big in a porn ring or some other racket?"

"I worried like that too but he assured me it was all above the board and he had a rule of trying to keep his business life and his home/social life separate as much as possible."

"That does sound suspiciously like involvement with call girls doesn't it?"

"Ohmigod do you really think so?"

"No I don't. In all probability he runs a major law firm."

During the first few days of arriving back Elle was interviewed for five print publications and appeared in Brigit's Young's 'Women at 2:00' show on afternoon television and was recalled by popular demand. That produced another two interviews for women's magazines.

She and Hannah opened the invitations and they accepted some, Elle declining others. One was the opening of the ballet's new season, accepted of course. Elle decided to invite Donovan to go with her but he had a business meeting in San Francisco that evening which he could not miss and Hannah was invited to go in his place.

Joe invited Hannah to accompany him to the ballet but she said she was already going with someone else. He looked disappointed but two days later presented two tickets to Hannah to the function afterwards where members of the cast would be circulating.

"Ho, ho, ho," Hannah said, waving the tickets at Elle. "This is LA High Society, very black tie and you'll see some celebrities very close up. How on earth Joe managed to snare these ticket's I'll never know, he refused to say."

But on the night they found out.

At the conclusion of the program there were some short speeches, and the major sponsor, Mr Joseph Field, president of Californian Freightways and Logistics Corporation was called to the rostrum.

Hannah and Elle watched politely then suddenly Hannah clutched Elle and breathed, "Ohmigod – it's Joe."

Elle who's not sighted the man so far said, "Ohmigod" and took Hannah's shaking hand. "Little wonder he was evasive about the nature of his business, Hannah. He's big time and was apprehensive about scaring you off."

"Oh yeah, I'll be asking him to appoint our company to look over his empire to identify what needs shaking up," whispered Hannah. "In business one has to work your contacts you know."

At supper Hannah introduced Elle to Joe, who was charming and said he'd heard so much about Hannah's friend Elle that he'd assumed she was a woman approximately Hannah's age rather that a beautiful Hollywood starlet."

"Joe I think I'm going to like you," Elle giggled, pleasing him no end.

He was called away.

"Look he's greeting Barbra Fairchild," Hannah said in awe, Elle replying "How wonderful" without knowing who was Barbra Fairchild but appeared to be wearing diamonds possibly equivalent to the value of Elle's inheritance; the poor unattractive woman was dripping in them.

Later when Joe returned briefly Elle asked who Barbra Fairchild was.

"She's the only daughter of mega rich parents and unofficially the registrar of the city's over 40's social register; if you're on her list people who are into that kind of thing know your really are somebody and they get invited to a variety of events. Personally I think it's so false, such a bore. However, it is useful to use on occasions like this."

"But you didn't need to twist her arm; you are here as the major sponsor?"

"Yes but I squeezed Barbra for two tickets to give to Hannah for this function though don't tell Hannah that. I rather fear she'd not want to know me if I spent some of my time with wealthy people like Barbra."

"I don't think Hannah's like that – she's a very cheerful social woman who's gotten it all together and has style."

"Don't I know it; would you like to meet Barbra?"

"Yes if you know her well enough to introduce her to me."

"She saw me talking to you earlier and asked who you were. She's asked for an introduction."

"Very well but where's Hannah?"

"Over there being introduced to two of Hollywood's top female film producers."

They went over to Mrs Glitter, in her glittering dress that was dulled by glittering diamonds.

"Barbra dear, may I introduce a woman of the moment Miss Elle Jamieson."

"Thank you, Joe, now run off. Girls, may I introduce the very sweet New Zealander Elle Jamieson. You all would have read about her."

Before long Elle have found some of the women thought she was a fortune teller while a couple thought she was a futurist while yet another asked in a whisper what was her favorite party pill. Elle decided it best to answer questions rather than make conversation, but one question she asked floored her.

During a quiet moment she asked Barbra had she known Joe for long.

"I should think so." Barbra said, fluttering her eyebrows theatrically. "He's one of my former husbands. I'm married to Brian O'Brien-Gapes at the moment. Do you know him?"

Leaving the function and pleased they weren't the only ones without chauffers in limos and going off by cab, Hannah and Elle exchanged notes.

"I saw you chatting to Barbra Fairchild and was so envious. She'd currently married to Brian somebody."

Elle said, "Brian O'Brien-Gapes. Apparently he's a leading architect and esteemed as a sculptor. She told me one of her former husbands was Joe someone."

"Out with it Elle; Barbra must have told you his full name; names are everything on this circuit."

"Joe Fielder."

"Good heavens and that's amazing but I suppose since he has been married he'd have an ex-wife."

"Yes quite. Someone had told Barba who I was. She saw Joe speaking to me and asked to be introduced. Joe waited until you were talking to someone else."

Hannah said, "How sneaky of him."

"Hannah how much have you had to drink? I would think the word for it was 'discreet' not 'sneaky'.

"I suppose you're right. One needs to behave correctly on such matters by not confronting others with something that could shock them unexpectedly. When are you resuming sleeping with my son?"

The cab swerved at the same time Elle yelled 'What!"

"Sorry ladies," said their driver. "My attention wandered."

"I bet," Hannah whispered and the women lapsed into giggles.

Elle had just snuggled down into bed when her phone went. She heard heavy breathing.

"Donovan?"

"Right in one. I like to think you might not know any other heavy breathers."

"Have you been drinking?"

"Yes quite substantially over six hours."

"I'm not sure that it's proper for a courting man to phone the woman of his attention after midnight when she is in bed and not wearing anything."

"Not even knickers?"

"Correct but is this type of conversation a courting man should be having?"

"It's difficult to say."

"Why."

"Because I'm new to courting."

"Yes, I suppose that's true – with a body and a personality like yours you're bound to have had an adequate supply of women coming your way."

"More than adequate I would think."

Elle pulled out a haughty look even though he could not see her, being on the phone. It was consistent with the theory that you sound how you look. "It is acceptable to lie when answering such a question like that to maintain the impression that you are fresh goods."

Donovan sucked in his breath quite audibly, caught by surprise and then the Donovan of old returned. Calmly and without emotion he replied that one never lied to a lady.

"At this point it is timely for me to say goodnight. Thank you for your delightful call," Elle said, switching off her phone.

Delightful?

Yes, that word hadn't just popped from her. The poor boy was suffering, in need of tidbits. She felt she was holding the winning cards but didn't enjoy the feeling – what she ever wanted with Donovan, within hours of first meeting him, was to be in his arms, with her arms encircling him. Nothing less, nothing more and she couldn't imagine that ever changing, at least not in theory.

Elle drifted toward sleep imagining being in Donovan's arms and that idyllic thought changed to them being stripped of clothing and engaging in something that never could be disclosed – it looked too real for that despite the absence of grunts, moans and perspiration. She placed her hand on her uppermost breast and her breathing sounded like purring.

In the morning Elle stretched, jumped out of bed and dragging on her sexy short silk gown and went and made coffee. She took the two exquisitely hand-painted French china mugs on a matching hand-painted tray to Hannah's bedroom.

Hannah looked in surprise at the call 'Room service!' with glasses perched on her nose and propped up on cushions, looking damn attractive.

"If Joe could see you like this he'd be unable to restrain himself."

Hannah dropped the book, releasing a peel of laughter.

"I wish. We've talked about our desires including that topic, and he gives me the distinct impression that once in a blue moon is his preference."

"And why would he say that?"

Hannah looked puzzled then threw back the bedclothes saying, 'Hop in' – an intimacy that had not occurred between them before.

It marked another stage in their relationship, they now slipping into mother-daughter mode.

She said, "This conversation is poised, pregnant with interest."

They laughed and with the intimacy of people with deep mutual understanding and often requiring no elaboration or request for clarification.

Elle handed across a mug, took the other and tossed the tray between their feet to expand her comment.

"Jo may have made a misleading comment because he may have the mistaken impression that lustful activity is not on your agenda."

"Me and when have I wanted to be sexually inactive? My problem is I keep being caught by drought."

"Exactly – you know that, and you tell me that. But how is he expected to know that? Perhaps one of his wives has been one of those women who have had five facelifts, two breast enhancements, fat sucked from her hips three times and five tummy tucks plus vagina reconstruction."

Hannah lowered her coffee, looking astonished.

"Vagina what?"

"That's an operation to make her vagina opening smaller followed by a training program to teach her how to clamp her vagina muscles and that's called Kegel pelvic floor exercises – yes, Kegel after Doctor Kegel."

"It doesn't matter about the name, but why on earth would she want to do such a time-wasting thing?"

"Why would she suffer breast enhancements?"

Hannah snorted, "To please her man."

"Exactly and so why would she want a tighter and stronger vagina?"

"Ohmigod the things some women get up to."

They came dangerously close to spilling their coffee such was their mirth.

"You are so informative and so funny Elle; you've come into my life like a breath of fresh air."

Elle pouted, said it was kind of Hannah to say that but what about Mr Fielder. Hannah must tell him she liked having sex.

"Oh you can't say that to someone you haven't known for very long."

"No?" Elle commented. "It's much easier to take the alternative and go to bed with a device."

Hannah screamed with laughter, wiping away a tear.

"You know, I have been worried about the distance you and Donovan have established between yourselves. Now I'm not so sure; you may be far too much for him."

The opportunity had arrived. Elle smiled gently. "He's been invited to court me, and has accepted."

Joy flowed over Hannah's lined face that never had been in an enhancement clinic. Elle thought a smile of that grace would be difficult to flow over a reconstructed face so gracefully, at least not in her opinion.

"Is that necessary?"

Elle nodded.

"The actions surrounding him hurt you so and you want your relationship re-established slowly in the hope of it becoming more meaningful to him."

Elle nodded.

"This conversation is a little one-sided. Has he told you what happened that evening?"

Elle shook her head, making Hannah a little exasperated. "Well, I'm going to tell you right now."

Elle clutched Hannah's arm.

"Please don't. I suffered hurt and learnt to manage that as it was a rare experience for me. I feel I have become a better person in coping with it. I still see that woman's rounded backside and white thighs above her stocking tops. Surprisingly the image I retained was rather erotic, though not one to cherish."

"It was very real and thinking back about it later, I realized why I had been so shocked – I'd have two men taken from me within days, and one under my very nose."

Elle wiped her eyes and sniffed, taking the tissue passed to her and blew her nose.

"This reaction may seem childish to you Hannah..."

"No of course not, you are a highly sensitive young woman."

"I feel that ridding my mind of extraneous matter, particularly petty things and certainly highly emotional thoughts, allows me to think and to visualize things well beyond my normal capacity."

"I acknowledged as a ten-year-old what daddy jokingly called my special powers. I've learned to remain objective but fortunately for me his ability to joke and love and transmit joy flowed into me and thus avoiding me becoming some mutant with visionary power."

"All this is understandable, dear."

"Hannah it's not a power – it's like vaginal muscles. Everyone has them, a few women learned how to control them; it's as simple as that."

"Good heavens girl comparing one's vagina with one's God-given brain is close to blasphemy. How can you think this way?"

"You belong to the school of thought that believes in God-given brains Hannah. Yet somehow you skipped the logic that makes the connection and accepts that it must also be a God-given vagina."

Hannah looked quite unsettled.

"This talk between the brain and the vagina – what about everything else?"

"Calm down Hannah – it is of no importance; it's just the way our thoughts lead us for the moment. There was no connection between them until I made it so. Substitute toes for vagina if that makes you feel better."

"I have the brain of an accountant Elle. All this is becoming too much for me; I like talking about what I understand in depth."

"I know, Hannah but never under-estimate the ability of your brain or your adaptiveness."

"My adaptiveness, at my age?"

"Yes."

Hannah sighed and teased fingers through her hair.

"You are almost too much for this old woman Elle. You tie my mind and emotions into knots, establishing an enormous generational gap between us, and you have urged me to tell Joe I want sex with him – a whole lot of sex."

"Did I actually say that Hannah?"

"No you didn't; I'm sorry."

Elle stretched, placing both thumbs of her otherwise closed hands on to the edges of her shoulders. "I love having these conversations with you."

Hannah replied, voice slightly shaky, "You do?"

"Yes you're so open, so inclusive and you are not at all embarrassed at discussing problems or saying you don't understand; not everyone is like that."

"No, and I suppose I know that. One of my codes is to be true to one's self, I don't mind telling you that."

Elle said softly Hannah didn't have to tell her, that she already knew and Hannah rolled an eye upwards and said she should have guessed that.

"What school of thought is inside you?"

"That's a beautiful analogy Hannah because that's where they reside. I belong to the school of unrestricted thought I'm a lower grade student in the development of one's brain."

Hannah said she'd already had worked that out for herself.

Elle turned to her and they hugged.

"Right," said Elle, releasing Hannah.

"With Mr Fielder here's what you do if you forgive me for saying this but you need a small push. Over dinner you steer the conversation to sex. There won't be any problem because men talk as easily about sex as we talk about getting our hair done. Once the conversation is bubbling along you say something like, 'I enjoy having sex as it brings me alive – does knowing that upset you?"

"But that's almost goading him into a response."

"Yes but remember men love talking about sex – man to man, of course, but someone who's had at least one wife probably is not so reluctant about talking about sex with women. Later you can say to him you don't mind having you hair messed up in tumbling about and he's love you for it."

Now quite red in the face, Hannah said. "You'll pushing me do fast I'm close to panicking. I now beginning to worry about his reaction and to question myself should I ask does my uninvited declaration about liking sex upset him?"

"Firstly Hannah if you challenged him like that it's practically an unavoidable invitation to respond to when you are locked into a very personal conversation. Secondly it should encourage him to examine his thoughts on whether he is shocked, indifferent or pleased and probably he'll answer truthfully and you'll have your knickers on the table, so to speak."

"Elle!"

"What?"

"We ought to be dressing for work."

"Yes and just look at the time. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?"

"Fun? I feel as though I've been put with the laundry washer."

"Ah yes but you've come out clean, bright and chirpy, haven't you?"

Hannah rolled her eyes, smiling.

* * *

Hannah was locked in her thoughts when she took a call from Donovan, advising he was calling a special executive meeting for 10:00 that morning.

"You sound in great spirits mom; did that new gentleman friend bed you last night."

"That is a disgusting thing for a son to say to his mother," snapped Hannah. "Goodbye."

"Wait mom – how's Elle. We've come to an arrangement to slowly relink."

"Have you and I must say I am pleased to hear that. She is the most adorable woman to ever come your way. I'd just assumed that after one coming together you would have tossed her aside as usual."

"Mom what an awful thing to say. You can say that to me, of course, but not about Elle."

"Why's that Donny boy."

"Because she's special and I'm going to marry her."

"Bye dear."

Having sprung the trap and gotten the declaration she wanted, Hannah went off to shower. He phone rang but she ignored it, knowing it would be Donovan yelling that she'd duped him. Well, silly boy, he should have known to raise the defenses as soon as he heard himself being called Donny boy. He'd had years of being duped by his crafty mom but could still be suckered.

The phone stopped as she was entering the shower box –Hannah could hear Elle taking the call.

Hannah smiled, thinking of her irate boy skidding to a stop, smoke coming off his sneakers as he regrouped his thoughts to speak to the new darling in his life; for this he'd use his best honeyed voice.