Something about Kate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Well that proposal had taken Kate by surprise.

At the party of Rodney's campaign team and his sponsors, Tom took Kate aside and said, "No one is blaming you. I miscalculated the conservatism of the Senators. I became too passionate about the need for change and stupidly thought they would agree with that campaign message. Did you dream of the outcome?"

She said evasively, "Wouldn't I've told you had I done that?"

"Answer the question: did you dream of Rodney's defeat?"

"No," Kate lied expertly.

Kate was disappointed late that evening when Rodney said he'd decided he wasn't ready to live with her.

"That's fine," she said, biting her hip. "I guess this is the end of our association."

"My PA resigned today. She wants to leave work to try to become pregnant. She's under pressure from her husband. The job is yours if you want it."

"Yes please that will be great. I was wondering what to do next."

"I'll be continuing my old ways with women."

"Fine and I'll continue attracting unappealing males."

They laughed.

Rodney then said, "The Prime Minister called to offer commiserations. He then said he will announce shortly that he will be reshuffling his cabinet. He offered me and I accepted the post of Minister of Customs and Bio Security because the leader of our Center Right Party, who is Minister of Agriculture, has demanded another Cabinet posting in return for our party's continuing support of the minority governing party coalition."

"Oooh good for you. That will keep me busy because you'll be on a big learning curve. I predict in six years you will be elected Prime Minister."

"Have you seen that in one of your dreams?"

"No it's just my prediction. I guess you have aspirations in that direction?"

"Um yes. But six years is a long way off."

"You will be required to be experienced before you are elected PM by your colleagues young man. Don't be in such a hurry."

Two days later Kevin Locke, the Prime Minister's adviser on economic affairs, joined Kate who was having late lunch and sitting alone.

"Hi it's Kate isn't it?"

"As if you didn't know."

He grinned. "They all say you are pretty cool."

"And who exactly are they? Are you thinking of dating me?"

Kevin ran a finger inside his shirt collar.

"I have thought about asking Kate but I'm a divorcee."

"Oh and does that have relevance?"

"Um some females think once a loser always a loser."

"According to THEY, you found out your wife was having sex with her brother and you divorced her."

"Oh damn, how the fuck did that get out... oh I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You know what."

"Yes well you are speaking to me privately and yes I'll date you. I've been thinking I really need a powerfully built man like you."

"But I haven't asked..."

"Kevin do you need to be so pedantic?"

"Um my house tomorrow night at 6:00 with you cooking for us. They say you are a stunning cook."

"I wish THEY would stop poking their noses into my private life. Will THEY get to know you are fucking me?"

Kevin's finger dived under his shirt collar.

"Yes Kate but I guess that is unlikely to worry you."

"Then go back and get the PM's approval. Oh and tell him I've been appointed Rodney Hagen's personal assistant. That will tell the PM we're in the same camp."

"You have great mental horsepower Kate."

"Yeah well if you have the physical horsepower in bed we could have a future together."

"God you are such an inspirational romantic."

Huh?

THE END