Something Extraordinary Ch. 02

Story Info
Clark meets a new friend.
1.8k words
4.42
5.7k
1

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/27/2022
Created 11/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
crazyniks
crazyniks
6 Followers

Author's Note: DC Comics owns Superman and related characters. The only thing mine is the following work of literature.

*****

The shouting matches are nothing new in any household. But it was much more frequent in the Anderson household. It was just this morning that Daniel had one with his stepson. Hah! He would laugh at the word 'stepson'. He was no stepson, he was the devil. He had a feeling that something was really weird with Alex. His mother was always able to keep his antics in check. Since she died, he had a feeling that Alex was trying to hurt him. It was like Alex blamed Daniel for Lynn's death. He tried to through to him but to no avail. By now the relationship between them had deteriorated from bad to worse.

Daniel growled as he sped his truck nearing the turn. "That fucker thinks he knows everything. Wait till I get through with him, he will be homeless and regretting the day when he thought of going against me."

In his drunken haze he did not notice himself drifting to the opposite lane. As soon as the turn came he saw a car come into view, he impulsively steered himself into the guardrail at the edge of the cliff. He tried his brakes but they didn't work. Just he was about to crash his truck through the guardrail down the cliff, he heard a gust of wind and abruptly his truck stopped. He immediately regained his senses and in the rear-view mirror, he saw a dark head rise from below the bed of the truck. Then he saw his eyes, most cerulean blues he had ever seen; but before he could clearly see the face, his savior disappeared from his view the same way he had arrived.

***

"It was a boy. I tell ya' it was a boy." the man tried his best to describe the event with his bedazzled brain to the chief of police, "It was 'im. I tell ya. Stopped my truck and WHOOSH, gone."

"I've had enough. Put him in the tank and let him sober up", the chief yelled and looked out the window. What the heck is in the water around here?

***

That was too close, Clark was still thinking about this morning as he entered through backdoor. He smiled as he heard the proud voices of his parents. Maybe this thing is worth it.

"FATHER AND SON RESCUED FROM FLOOD!"

"FAMILY HOME FIRE EXTINGUISHES ITSELF!"

"Don't forget that one, 'WHO IS THE SUPERBOY?'" Jonathan laughed.

"No one believes that nonsense anyway, Jonathan." Martha smiled back from her plate. "But you're still worried."

"Well, I gotta admit that he's doing a great job stayin' out of sight for these months, but still..."

"Of course, I'm staying out of sight, Dad" Clark commented as he entered through the backdoor. "Seriously, look what I'm wearing?!"

"Clark, why aren't you putting on your cape?" Martha remarked.

"I don't like it. For goodness sake, I'm wearing this underwear on the outside. How embarrassing is that! I can't wait to wear it on the inside."

"Clark Jerome Kent, don't tell me you're not wearing your underwear?!" Martha pointed her fork at him.

"Yes ma, I'm."

"Is it clean?" Martha asked back.

"Come on Ma, I'm sixteen now." Clark whined.

Jonathan started laughing at him, Clark and Martha joined him.

***

"Hello?" Alex answer his cell. He grinned as he paused to hear the other side, then he spoke in a fake concern, "Yes he is my father. What happened?"

His smile faded as he heard the other side, "Oh Thank God, He is alive!" He tried not to sound sarcastic to the chief of police, "Really? Someone clipped his brakes? Why would someone do that?" He paused again, "Yes sir. THAT is a MIRACLE. Yes, I'll pick him up. Thank you very much, Sir."

As soon as he ended his call, he smashed his cell phone into a wall, "MIRACLES... DON'T... EXIST! You might have survived this time but someday, Daniel, someday you'll be dead and I'll be out of here." Then he was out of the door.

Alex was kind of a genius from a young age but there was always a sinister edge in his little science projects. His mother had kept him in check. He might have not been strong enough to fight back but he had very sharp brain. He thought of every plan to kill his stepfather and executed it though every time by some or other MIRACLE he survived.

Next time you won't be so lucky, Alex thought as walked his way to the police station. He caught something in the corner of his eyes. There was a small green rock at the side of the road. It had a strange glow about it almost imperceptible. He put it in his pocket and walked away. He would work on it later first he had to do something.

***

"Sorry, Lana. I'm late."

"Clark Kent, where the hell were you?" Lana yelled at Clark as he reached Lana's aunt's floral shop.

"I was... um... I was working with Jor El, you know my SPACE DAD. Time flies fast during the workout. I came as fast as I could without destroying anything," Clark answered.

Lana calmed down, "Well, at least you showed up to help with setting up the booth. No one else did..." She looked at Pete Ross with his girlfriend at a distance. "... at least not to help."

"So, how's your other work? Superheroing around? Wow, how cool is that, huh?" Lana beamed at him and turned to her work.

"No, it's stressful." Clark sighed. "And it's not superheroing, if that is a real word which I'm sure it's not. I'm just helping people."

"Every hero says that. Anyways, get me the pot with the tulips. It must be..." She turned around and shook her head. "And there he goes 'helping people'. Sure do your thing." She looked the floral mess surrounding her. "No help needed here."

"Need some help?"

Lana turned to the front of the shop. There was a red haired young man, "You're Alex, right? Christine's brother?"

He chuckled, "Call me Lex."

***

It took almost two hours for Clark to return back to setup Lana's shop. When he entered, he could hear some laughs from inside, "Oh, you're so funny!" That is Lana's voice.

He called out, "Lana?"

"Hey Clark, come to the back." He could see that the shop was setup and it looked really good but something was off.

When he reached the back, there was a boy seating with Lana taking something from her hand. He did not look closely it was their private matter. But jealousy flared up inside him anyway. As he reached them, Lana spoke up, "Lex meet my best friend Clark Kent. Clark, Lex Luthor. Christine's elder brother."

Clark eyed him suspiciously, "Luthor? But Christine's last name is..."

"Anderson. Step-siblings." Lex smiled as he held his hand out to Clark.

Clark did not like Lex, he didn't know what it was about but he did not like it. Clark shook his hand gingerly.

Lana spoke suddenly, "Clark, Lex is kind of a genius. He has invented some of his own gadgets."

Now Clark was interested. He turned to Lex, "Really? I'm kind of a science nerd myself."

"You definitely look the part." Lex smirked as he pointed to the large glasses covering half his face.

Clark fake-laughed as he pushed the glasses up his nose with his middle-finger.

Lex raised an eyebrow, did he just flip me?

Yes, I did. So, in your face. Clark smiled.

Lana, not oblivious to the tension between the boys, tried to break it, "So, Lex was showing me this meteorite he found. Clark is really into space stuff." Clark narrowed his eyes at Lana but she ignored him, "Show him, Lex."

"Really? So Clark, do you believe in the extraterrestrial?" Lex asked with an almost maniacal grin as he waved his hand at Clark to come closer.

The topic did make him Clark nervous, but he tentatively stepped ahead and held his hand out.

The weird feeling returned, he felt weak. His palms felt wet. Is that sweat? Wow that is sweat. First time! However, the feeling intensified as Lex took out the green meteorite from his pocket. He felt dizzy and nauseous.

As Lex put the meteorite in his hand, it became so extremely painful to Clark that he immediately dropped it and fell down hitting his head into a nearby table.

"You clumsy idiot!!" Lex snarled as he hastily picked the meteorite up.

"Lex?!"

Clark groaned holding his head. He tried to apologize but Lana interrupted him, "Clark, no need to apologize. Lex, apologize to Clark."

"Why should I-?"

"Apologize."

Lex calmed himself, "I'm sorry, Clark." Then his eyes widened, "Oh man you're bleeding!"

"What?!" Both Lana and Clark exclaimed.

"Your head. It's bleeding."

Clark looked horrified and almost passed out at the sight of blood on his hands. Lana was worried too.

Lex laughed, "You're acting like you've never seen your blood before."

You don't know how right you are, Clark thought.

"Lana, where's your first-aid kit. I'll patch him up."

Lex stood up after bandaging Clark's head and stood up, "Well, I should be going. Nice to meet you, Clark. Goodbye, Lana."

"We should hang out sometime, Clark. I would like to show you some of my inventions."

"Definitely, Lex." They exchanged their numbers as Lex left.

As soon as Lex was out the door, Lana rushed to Clark, "How are you bleeding?"

"I think I lost my powers. Pinch me, Lana."

"What?"

"Just do it." She did. "I don't feel any pain so I'm okay now. There is only one possibility: That meteor rock."

"So that meteor rock can hurt you."

"I think I'll do some research on the rock and stay away from Lex for the time being."

"But you just promised to hangout with him."

"That was a formality. He won't call me and I won't call him. People do that all the time."

"You don't have enough friends as it is. You should give it a try. I'm sure he isn't keeping that rock with him all the time" Lana suggested as she handed him the broomstick.

"I think I don't want to be friends with him. He just rubbed me the wrong way and you are all the friend I need, Lana."

"Just a friend, huh?" She asked silently but Clark's ears caught it.

"Lana, you know why we can't be together?"

"Yes, I know. You're super-strong, you think you might crush me or something if you slip up and-"

"It's not just that. I won't be able to give you enough time with my heroics and all, a relationship needs work from both sides. Anything less and it's doomed from the start."

"You know you are really wise for your age." Lana narrowed her eyes at him then turned back to, "Or you are old and you just look young. You can't really tell with the aliens."

Clark laughed, "I'm really sixteen just like you. By the way, the wisdom comes from my..."

"From what?" She turned back to find him gone. Damn it, Clark. Really should say something before going 'poof'.

crazyniks
crazyniks
6 Followers