Something In Her Eyes Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Liz pushed her inside quickly and shut the door behind them. "I know we haven't been close for a while, Jordie, but tell me what is going on?!" Jordie was the affectionate name Liz called her when they were kids and Liz was the only person alive that Jordan let call her that.

"What do you mean?" Jordan asked innocently.

"Don't lie to me, I saw you two together, you and Glen, and I know something is up. Now tell me." Liz wasn't going to give up.

Jordan broke down, almost in tears, a mix of nervousness, long-standing anxiety, and the frustration of having her sex with Glen interrupted just prior to the powerful orgasm that was building inside of her. She confided in Liz, explaining their situation and swearing her to secrecy.

"I don't know what I'm going to do but I know I can't keep doing this. I can't live like this," Jordan admitted. Liz gave her a hug.

"Well you can always call me if you need to talk some more, you know that. I'm happy that we're back in each other's lives. Now I better let you clean up, I'm sure Richard is looking for you." With that Liz stepped out and let Jordan clean herself up. Glen stepped out of the shower when he heard the door close behind her.

"I can't, baby, I just can't," Jordan said without looking in his direction.

"I know," Glen said, wrapping his arms around her. He was frustrated, too, he had been close to cuming and was still slightly hard, but listening to her break down with Liz, he knew Jordan had lost her mood. He kissed the back of her head.

Glen watched her in agony as she prepared to go. Still flushed from being post-coital, a sensual sexual heat was still coming from her pores. He fought the urge to take her forcefully, so hungry was he to finish what they had started. Glen considered Jordan stunningly beautiful but he rarely commented on it or thought about it. It was not what drew him irresistibly to her. To Glen, Jordan was sexy down in her soul. Nothing in this world was more beautiful to him than that, no physical beauty would ever compete with it. Beauty fades but he had no doubt that when they turned 80 she could still keep him perpetually aroused and hard as can be. The primal connection they shared was just that deep.

In that rare male moment of clarity about what Jordan meant to him, Glen asked himself if he could say the same thing about his relationship with Selena. He loved her and he knew that she loved him. She had been very good to him in their relationship, and opened herself completely to him. But in truth there was no contest. He regretted even asking the question of himself, so clear were the implications of his answer.

Jordan had been right, however, and Glen knew that he needed to let her focus on the case. The work for which he had hired her was far too important to jeopardize. He would keep his distance to let her concentrate on the work before them. When the case was over, however, all bets were off.

-------- (_*_) --------

Present Day...

Glen drove in silence to the cemetery. For the first time in his life, he was too lost in thought for even music to serve as his solace. He was soul searching, wondering if he was doing the right thing. No, he distinctly felt that he was doing the wrong thing, the absolutely wrong thing, but his mind, his body, and his soul felt compelled to go through with it anyway.

The sun was shining outside, it was a bright day filled with light. It was early in the morning, about 6:30 AM, and as he drove along the cemetery grounds there was still dew on the grass. A new day was dawning, sunny and bright. It was the kind of new day that was supposed to wash all the troubles away of the night before. But after Glen had tossed and turned in torment all night, the sun felt cold and the new day seemed old. He did not sleep one wink, agonizing over whether to go through with this. Their last conversation two weeks ago played over again in his mind...

I love you, Glen, but I can't leave him. I'm going to marry him in two weeks...Jordan had said. They had just emerged victorious in their first lawsuit waged against a company discriminating in their hiring practices. Glen, director of a rehabilitation program for persons recovering from mental health and substance abuse disorders, had hired her because she was the best labor attorney around. In working together preparing for the case, they had fallen for each other, deeply. The problem was that Jordan was engaged to be married and Glen had been living with his girlfriend of three years. Three times they had succumbed to their burning desire for each other, resulting in the hottest sex either of them had ever experienced. After the last time they called it quits in order to concentrate on the work before them. They stopped meeting face to face, knowing it would be dangerous and neither one of them had much control when it came to the other.

That final day in court marked the first time Glen had seen her in months. Watching Jordan in action in the court room while scouting her legal talent was what originally attracted Glen to her in the first place, so he knew it would be torture for him to be there during the trial. Jordan was saddened but nevertheless thankful for his absence for it allowed her not to become distracted as well. But when the court announced that the jury had its verdict and that court would resume at 3 PM that afternoon, Glen knew he had to be there. When the jury foreperson read the verdict in their favor, Glen raced to Jordan and they hugged joyously. Nothing was over by far – the attorneys for the defendants had already indicated their intention to appeal the ruling, but it was a hard-fought first victory and they savored it.

After about an hour, when the court had emptied and Jordan had completed all the required papers with the court clerk, they were finally alone. The whole time while she was finishing up Jordan had avoided eye contact with him, and Glen wondered if they had lost their connection. As soon as they were alone, however, the air in the room got thick, thick enough to choke on it. Glen came to her again and took her into his arms. This time, however, it was not an embrace of celebration but an embrace of longing. Jordan felt it, too, and let herself indulge in the comfort of his strong embrace for a while. No words were necessary; they both knew that they each missed each other terribly. She missed his strong arms around her, the sound of his deep voice, how he would half growl/half purr like a big jungle cat when he held her – an octave below his already deep tone – that would send vibrations right down her spine and down into her groin. She missed his smell – that heady mix of fresh clean, a hint of spicy aftershave and raw virile male. Jordan put her nose to his chest and inhaled deeply.

Glen lowered his head to nuzzle his face in her neck. He lightly brushed his lips against the skin right above her collar bone and Jordan broke out in goose bumps that made the fine hairs on her body stand at attention. An involuntary moan escaped her lips and she clung to him. Glen's body responded as well and Jordan immediately felt a hot stiffness pressing into her tummy. Glen brought his lips up to her ear. "Oh fuck, baby" he whispered as he began to slowly grind his impossibly hard dick into her. She felt his hot breath in her ear and along her neck, and then ever so briefly the teasing tip of his tongue. Not more than 15 seconds alone with him and Jordan already needed a change of panties.

"Join me for dinner so we can celebrate," Glen insisted, then leaned in to kiss her before she could answer. Her mouth opened to him as if by instinct. He slid his tongue between her lips and Jordan welcomed it by sucking on it hungrily and massaging it with her own. Their kiss was electric, and she was overcome with the strongest urge to bend over the desk, lift her skirt and let him take her, right there is the empty courtroom. Being caught could mean her disbarment, and it frightened her that for the briefest moment she didn't even care. It was completely contrary to her steadfast commitment to always maintain the utmost professional demeanor in public. Her pussy began to clench with desire and she knew she was really in trouble then. She was so scared, in fact, that she had to push away from him abruptly.

"I can't," Jordan said finally, gasping for breath. Her lips were red and swollen from the force of their kiss. Her thoughts flashed to their prior meeting over lunch, where they were supposed to be safe among a huge lunch crowd. Somehow in the middle of the crowded restaurant they managed to get into a full-court game of foreplay that ended in a frantic romp in a motel across the street. "It wouldn't just be dinner, and you know it," she continued. Glen did know it, and that was exactly why he asked her.

"I broke up with her," he said, indicating his girlfriend. "I moved out. I couldn't live like that anymore, not after the party, I couldn't continue to do that to her. Even though I loved her – still do, really – I had to come to terms with the fact that deep down, my heart ultimately belongs to someone else. It felt so unfair to her... every time I was with her, every time I kissed her, and every time I lay with her, I was dreaming she was you. I felt like such shit, just pure shit."

Tears formed in Jordan's piercing green eyes as she listened to him. She thought she detected a tremble in his bottom lip as he confessed to her that he had ended his relationship. A memory of all the things those full lips had done to her, on all parts of her body, flashed through Jordan's mind and her knees felt weak. She tried to push those thoughts away.

Truthfully, she felt the same way about her own relationship but was not about to admit it. It wouldn't do either of them any good, because she had come to a different decision. She was in too deep with her fiancé, he had loved her so faithfully over the years, had been there for her during the darkest hours of her mother's passing and was so devoted to her that she could not bear the thought of hurting him so by walking out on him, even if she loved another man more. He deserved better from her and just knowing that she had already been unfaithful haunted her endlessly. She did love him, and she decided to honor that love and go through with the marriage.

Her face told him the whole story. Glen saw it in her eyes and his heart sank with devastation. "I love you, Glen, but I can't leave him. I'm going to marry him in two weeks."

Those last words rang out over and over again in his mind. He could not get his brain to stop replaying them over and over and it was driving him mad. It was like a demon had possessed his soul and was controlling his thoughts, keeping him single-mindedly focused on a path toward destruction.

Glen stopped his car as he came to the marker indicating the row in which he would find their graves. Their grave markers were simple. "In loving memory," was all that was etched onto each plate, then the names of Jordan's mother and father, and their years spent in this life. Glen set a bouquet of flowers down on each grave as tears fell from his face, nurturing the soil atop her mother's final resting place.

"I love her so much," he said through a strained voice, rocking back and forth on his heels as he knelt on his knees in the grass. "I just want you both to know that, and to know that I will never hurt her. Even as I go through with this today, she won't ever be in danger. But I wanted you both to have an opportunity to get to meet me, get to know me, and know what's in my heart. I want you to know that I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't sure, with every bone in my body, that we belong together, that I will make her happy, happier than she has a chance of being with him."

That's how the one-ended conversation began. Over the next hour, he sat and recounted for them the story of his life and the story of his connection to Jordan. Glen addressed her father in particular, explaining how he was the son of one of the fellow soldiers killed along with him in that fateful helicopter crash in 1985. "I know there's a reason the universe brought us together," Glen concluded, "she just needs help understanding that this is the right pathway. We will be better people in this world, we will do better work in this world, and we will help more people in this world, energized, nourished and sustained by the total happiness and fulfillment we can bring into each other's lives. Both of us have a unique light to shine on the world that makes it a better place. With the special connection we have, both of our lights will shine much brighter. So I wanted to come to you first, as her parents, to ask for your forgiveness and ask that you keep an open mind about me. Eventually, maybe I'll even have your blessing."

Glen touched his fingers to his mouth and then touched them gently to each grave plate. Then he stood and headed back to his car. It was time to put the rest of his plan in motion.

-------- (_*_) --------

Jordan sighed in exasperation. None of this was what she wanted. A big church was not what she wanted. An expensive gown was not what she wanted. A huge ceremony with lots of people and a big, expensive reception was not what she wanted. None of it was her idea but she acquiesced, trying to make sure that her fiancé's mother, his aunts and her aunts were pleased. Everyone was getting what they wanted out of this big wedding except her. What she really wanted she could not have. She could not have it because she could not bring herself to break her fiancé's heart – he had loved her too strong and too long to deserve anything less. But the stress of trying to please everyone but herself, of trying to pay for a thirty-five thousand-dollar wedding, was getting to Jordan.

Jordan was extra irritable because she had not been sleeping, barely getting 3-4 hours per night. It had been over 2 weeks since she got any more than that. With the trial over, she should have been sleeping soundly like a log, but thoughts of Glen haunted her sleep. She had only recently managed to start getting a full night's rest again after three months of constant, guilt-driven tossing and turning over her brief affair. But the brief-but-searing encounter she had with Glen in the courtroom two weeks ago completely wrecked her sleep all over again. Few things in life made her more irritable than the loss of her sleep.

She grew ever more frustrated trying to fit the dress on so that it looked right over her boobs. She needed to hurry up because after the seamstress took her final measurements to make any last adjustments, she had to change clothes and then jet across town to get to her wedding rehearsal at 6:00 pm. In evening commute rush hour traffic, however, that was going to be damn near impossible. After the rehearsal there was the rehearsal dinner, which would last until likely 11:00 pm. She would not get home before midnight, and then she had to be up at 4:00 am for her hair appointment as the first thing on her agenda for the big day. She would not get much sleep tonight, and she had not been getting good sleep for 4 months since...

There was an awkward silence hanging between Jordan and the other women there in her wedding party – her bridesmaids and her Maid of Honor (God, she hated that term!), Samantha – helping her run her errands and tie up all the final arrangements. They could not understand why Jordan was so irritable. She had not told any of them about falling in love with Glen or their brief affair except for Liz, who kept the secret faithfully and never mentioned it. Jordan was very private and guarded when it came to her true sexual nature. Glen was the only one who really knew her in that regard, and he was precisely the one she could not talk to.

-------- (_*_) --------

St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church was a large and famous landmark in the city. Jordan arrived at the palatial house of worship just 10 minutes after 6, which was itself a small miracle. The floors and walls of the cathedral were all made of marble, as were the huge pilings supporting the domed roof. The fixtures throughout the church were all finished in gold. Various murals on the walls and on the ceilings depicted New Testament biblical scenes, frescoed throughout in the style of the Italian Renaissance. A plush red carpet ran along the nave from the altar to the baptismal located just inside the church's entrance. It was not at all what Jordan wanted for her wedding she wasn't even Catholic! – but her mother-in-law had insisted. She caved in order to keep the peace. Jordan had compromised on almost everything she wanted for her wedding, and as she walked into the church she realized she had done so out of guilt over her infidelity to Richard.

Although it would be closed to the public for their wedding on Saturday, on this Friday evening St. Mark's remained open to parishioners and visitors while Father Gregory, the parish priest, and the wedding coordinator walked Jordan, Richard, and their wedding party through the ceremony. When it was time to practice the exchange of the vows, Jordan spotted out of the corner of her eye a man emerge from the rear of the nave, walk to the front of the church and kneel at a prayer desk before an array of votive candles at the side altar just to the right of the chancel where they all stood.

Jordan froze with fear and trepidation when she recognized the man as Glen. She watched to see what he would do as her heart thudded loudly in her chest. No one else in the wedding party looked in his direction. Richard had his back to him. If Liz recognized him she wasn't saying anything. The priest was guiding Richard through his vows, and Jordan could barely pay attention. She was too scared of what Glen would do. Was he there to cause a disturbance? She kept looking back and forth between Glen, the priest, and her fiancé. Her heart was in her throat and her pulse was racing, and she wondered if Richard could hear the straining muscle trying to break free of her ribcage. She could barely look him in the eye as he recited the personal vows he had written to her. He professed his undying love while her secret lover – who had done wickedly nasty things to her body that Richard could never imagine or would find revolting and could never know she secretly needed – knelt not fifty feet away from where they stood as they rehearsed to forever join their lives in holy partnership. Jordan felt sick to her stomach.

As he sat in silence and did not move, Jordan gained hope that maybe Glen was not there to cause a disturbance but only to rattle her. With his hands folded before him as he knelt, his eyes closed, his lips moving slightly as if in conversation, Jordan realized he was praying. A mix of emotions ran through her. Her fear transformed into anger at him for being here and doing this to her. But she also knew that Glen was not a religious man, and that this act of humbling himself to pray for her – to beg the universe to bring her to him – was the desperate act of a man who loved her terribly. It broke her heart and she wanted to go to him, even in her anger, but she could not.

She suddenly realized that everyone's attention was focused on her. The priest was looking at her expectantly and her fiancé stood silent. "What?" she asked confused.

"I asked, are you ready, Jordan?" father Gregory said, apparently for the second time. Jordan realized it must be her turn. She had already memorized her vows but she was so distracted her mind was drawing a blank. She nodded, then closed her eyes and prayed herself, prayed that her memory would kick in, prayed that Glen would only sit in silence, and begged for the strength to hold herself together long enough to make it through the rehearsal. At that moment the Gods smiled upon her and the words came to her. She opened her eyes to look directly at Richard. As her heart filled with reflection on just how strongly he had loved her over these past four years, and how she also loved him, she began reciting her own life commitment to him. Her eyes watered but she did not cry.