Something Out of the Ordinary

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Katmai
Katmai
368 Followers

Sara looked at me, and our eyes met. I looked down and kept eating. I said nothing. We finished our meal, and I asked for more coffee.

"One more person called me," Sara said. "This morning."

"Who?"

"Molly called me while you were in the shower."

"What? Why would she do that?" I asked, remembering Molly's goodbye kiss.

"She told me something that I really needed to know," Sara said, then she paused, composing herself. "She told me that you still really loved me."

She had to stop talking, as she was crying.

"I told you that. Several times, in fact." I stated.

"Yes," she said blowing her nose. "I really didn't believe you. I believe it now."

"What else did Molly say?" I asked.

"She told me basically the same thing as my Mom. If I let you walk out right now, I will regret it the rest of my life. She said the only result would be that some other lucky woman would end up with a great husband."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Then, I spoke.

"Thank you for sharing your phone calls. I appreciate the information you told me. Is there anything else you want to discuss? I need to drive to Spokane this morning."

"Yes, one more thing," she said reaching into her purse. "I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget anything."

"Okay, what is it?"

"It's a proposal for you to consider," she responded. She looked down and began to read.

"I will fully cooperate with the divorce proceedings you have started. You are right: I don't deserve to be your wife anymore.

"In return, I want to be your girlfriend in Juneau for twelve months. You will give me 3 months from the end of the divorce to move to Juneau, then twelve months as your girlfriend. The only requirement is that you not marry anyone until the twelve months are over. All I'm asking for is an opportunity, a chance to earn back your respect, your trust and your confidence. That's all. Please give me a chance."

"Can I have other girlfriends?"

"Yes, you can."

How about you? Can you have other boyfriends?"

"No. The only one I want is you."

I thought for a minute. I had one more question.

"What happens at the end of the twelve months and you have not been successful?" I asked.

"That will be up to you. You can extend the girlfriend period another twelve months. Or, we shake hands and part as friends. Your choice; it is entirely up to you. All I want is a chance, not a guarantee."

"Okay. I will consider your proposal, and I will let you know either way within two days."

"Thank you. At least you didn't say "no" immediately."

We said our goodbyes outside the café. She moved to hug me, but I stepped aside. She didn't pursue it. She thanked me again for having breakfast with her.

The drive back to Spokane was uneventful, and it gave me plenty of time to think. I weighed the implications of Sara's proposal, and I found very few negatives. It was weighted significantly in my favor. I wanted the divorce over quickly, and I didn't want to get married right after the divorce anyhow. I stopped for gas in Moses Lake. By the time I had reached the Sprague rest stop, I had made my decision.

I turned off the car in the rest stop parking lot, and sent a short text message to Sara:

"Proposal accepted."

Immediately there was a response: "Thank you."

She must have been waiting right by the phone.

Chapter 9: Two Months Later

I was back in Spokane to complete the final divorce paperwork. The past two months had passed quickly. It turns out that I did have VD, a very early case and easily treatable. I told Sara, and she was afraid that I would cancel the proposal. I did something out of the ordinary: I didn't. I just told her to get treatment. I didn't want my girlfriend to have VD.

I started therapy, twice a week. I'm feeling much better about myself now. Sara also is seeing a counselor. Evidently she has a lot of unresolved issues around her first husband who cheated on her, and she had projected some of that on to me. That does explain some of her actions, but not all. We talk now, once a week for about fifteen minutes. That's about the right amount of time for a girlfriend.

I did call Carol about a week after I returned to Juneau. We had a good chat, and we parted as friends. We were both deceived by Sara.

It took an entire day to process the paperwork in Spokane, file the documents, and complete the divorce. The lawyer shook my hand and sent me on my way a single man.

The past two months had been very intense, so I decided to take a long weekend while I was in eastern Washington. I just started driving west on I-90. I wanted to do something out of the ordinary.

It was a very educational weekend.

For starters, I discovered that Molly makes a great breakfast.

Katmai
Katmai
368 Followers