Sometimes I Wish

Story Info
Earthworm contemplates life.
761 words
4.53
15k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
977 Followers

Sometimes I wish I was a butterfly with a pair of beautiful rainbow wings. I would take flight in the endless heavens above. My wings would assuredly brush the constant changing character of puffy clouds. Maybe my touch would bring the change itself. A child far below could gaze as the shape shift takes place. All wide eyed wonder would be played out on their face.

I would drink the sweet nectar the pretty meadow flowers offer. Just to decide which brilliant one to choose from would be a chore in itself. A bright sun yellow daffodil would open its petals and welcome me to taste. But then there is the radiant blue violet crying for my attention, the dark petals dancing in the breeze hypnotizing me to take landing. I wouldn't give in though. My choice would be the splendid rose, a clichéd red one. Vivid like the cheeks of the blushing bride as she offers herself to the groom on her wedding night, would be where I would feast. The rose, the place of such beautiful aroma, the bouquet enough to put the hardest person in a state of relax.

Sometimes I wish I was an ant, all feisty and small working vigilantly to get the entire job done. And the strength you have as an ant would make anyone feel powerful. Imagine what a show you could put on lifting ten times your own weight! The coordinated movements with your brethren are much like a routine from the most complex Broadway Show.

Sometimes I wish I was an alligator. Strong jaws and stealth attack allowing me to eat up all other creatures in the swamp. No other creature could be as feared as me as I glide silently through the murky waters, quietly stalking my prey for the next meal. Mmmm the sweet raw meat would taste divine.

Sometimes I wish I was the gazelle bounding over the sweltering African plains. Powerful legs underneath me are pushing me higher and higher until I jump so I might never land. The thrill of getting chased by the powerful lion, back and forth I would weave barely escaping with my life, would be staggering. How my heart would race as I jump in my zig zag patterns narrowly evading the lion's strong jaws of death.

Sometimes I wish I was a chimpanzee, swinging high in the trees deep in the foilage of the humid jungle. Air so heavy breath is barely obtainable. But there I would be swinging hand over hand, grabbing each vine like I was Tarzan of the jungle. All the colors are so vibrant as I pass the endless tropical rain forest plants and animals. My keen ears listening to the screeches from the toucan and spider monkeys as they begin stirring up the daily games. My arms strong as they grip the slimy vines never becoming tired. And a family close as peas in a pod, we would share our laughter and joy.

Sometimes I wish I was a giraffe grazing on the sweetest leaves that lay at the top of the trees. My long neck would stretch beyond possibility in my search for the tasty treat. Oh the sites would be spectacular, my height allowing me to see for miles upon miles.

But no, unfortunately I am just a plain old earthworm. The ugly slimy creature that little boys use to gross out the little girls with, is what I am. Many stories I have heard of relatives being clutched in the grip of a human child only to be flung at one of the little females. Most think of us as fish bait. I hope I never have to experience the pain of the shiny little hook. The horror of dangling there drowning in the water all the while waiting for the nip and swallow of a large mouth bass, has always been a nightmare of mine.

We never have a hero's end either. The ways we die are most horrific. Could you imagine being in the clutches of a hard, sharp beak as it pecks away at you? Not a very pleasant thought is it! Perhaps getting left in the hot sun, watching and feeling your body dry up to a hard shell, that one always gets me shaking, or even worse, slowly slithering your way across the long concrete plains only to end up tire splatter.

Yes the life of the earthworm is none to satisfying. Maybe that is why I spend so much time wishing I was some other creature.

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
977 Followers