Sophia Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don, that is great. Thank you for thinking about me." She gushed again, sheesh.

Kathy and Vanessa, both expressed interest in maybe sampling a grilled cheese sandwich. Don said that he would make some extra, so we could each have a half sandwich, if we wanted.

My friends turned back towards the kitchen door. I followed them to the great room. I wanted to make sure, that they wouldn't come back and ambush Don, until they were fully dressed.

Vanessa was having great difficulty in steering Megan. She finally asked Kathy to take Megan's feet, and the two of them carried Megan up the stairs and down the hall. I swear that girl, as soon as she was picked up, fell completely asleep. Being her mother, was going to be a chore. WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT THOUGHT DID I JUST HAVE!

More than a bit flustered, I made my way back to Don. I needed to talk to him and I could help set up for lunch.

We talked about the therapist that I had found for the girls. The therapist had agreed, that she could meet with Megan and Robin, on Wednesday evenings. The girls had gotten into the habit, of spending that night with Don. So it would be the easiest way, to keep the secret from Barbara, if they could meet on Wednesday. Don thanked me for my help. He also asked me for another favor, as he put it. He seemed to be quite embarrassed.

"Maria, the girls really like you. Even though, they've known you for only a short time. I was wondering, if only for the first night." He hastily interjected. "If you could come with us, to see the therapist. You could talk to the girls and ease their fears about seeing the therapist and afterward, if you don't mind, you could talk to them about their session. I'm probably not the best person, to do that with them. Please, it would be a great help to me?"

I was secretly very pleased, at his request. I had wanted to come along, but I thought it was wrong for me to intrude, too much into their private lives. I tried to keep the glee out of my voice. "Don, I would be happy to help. I really like your girls, too. If you'll give me your address later, I'll meet you an hour before the session.

"Thanks, Maria. I really appreciate it." For some reason that conversation, made things uncomfortable between us, and we had a hard time talking for a bit. Finally Don started speaking, I think just to break the uncomfortable silence.

"I had a some good news, this week. It is probably nothing, but it might be something nice." He spoke, as if he didn't really think, something good would happen.

"Oh, what happened?" I tried to put a lot of interest in my voice.

"After my last job. I was pretty much black balled with the programming industry, in our area. I've never had a response to any of my resumes, for a programming job. Last week, I got a call from a head hunter, that deals in the industry. He said that he had a couple of job prospects for me. They're both confidential types of work. One company specializes in financial programs. The other does DOD work. So I needed to sign a form, giving them permission to run a background check."

"Like I said, probably nothing will come of it, but it would be nice." He replied wistfully.

I sensed the hand of Richard, my ex. I understood his desire to protect me, but to get Don's hopes up, even a little. I'd have to give Richard a call later, and check on things.

"Oh, I hope you get it. You deserve some luck, Don." He was busy setting up for lunch. He said it quite quietly, and I don't think he intended, for me to hear it. It was more, that he was talking to himself and didn't realize, that he was talking aloud.

"I think I've had plenty of luck, ever since your accident, and I met you."

I know I blushed red and my mouth dropped open. It was a good thing that his back was towards me. I rushed out of the kitchen, carrying some plates outside.

Sure enough, Don's lunch was a success. There was an awful lot of lip licking being done. In fact, I think there was too much being done. Most of it by my friends and all of that, being directed Don's way.

When we were done eating, Robin spoke up. "You know, there should be a little of THE PIE left. We could all have a little piece. That would give us plenty of energy for riding." She looked around hopefully, thinking she had a wonderful idea. I looked at my three friends. They were busy looking everywhere else, but at me and Robin, those filthy pie stealing vermin.

"Robin honey, I'm sorry but I already looked this morning and it was all gone."

"All gone!" Wailed Megan and Robin. They got up from their chairs and I ran to comfort them. I thought it was very well done. "Yes, some pie stealing miscreants, have denied you sweet children your dreams. I'm so sorry my babies." My girlfriends had all turned their heads away, looking for something to magically appear so they could change the conversation.

"Don't worry, I'm making THE CAKE. You can all have an extra big piece." Don spoke in a bored voice, like my acting had been over the top. Critics!

"See, my sweet babies, your father has saved you. I think that it is only fair, that only us three, shall have any of THE CAKE." My girlfriends started to protest.

Robin spoke. "No Maria, that would be too kind. We shall give them, one small piece of THE CAKE. And deny them any more. That way, they will know what they are being deprived of, and it will torment them all the more." Robin had used her fake English accent again. That earned a round of applause from all those present, and maybe some Bronx cheers, too.

Don urged us to stop the clowning around.

"You're burning daylight. I'll do the clean up. I think you better get going, if your going to fit an afternoon ride in." I stuck my tongue out at him, pushy critics.

While Don stayed home to bake, the rest of us got into my new SUV, to ride to the lodge. Kathy kept teasing me, that it was a good thing. that I had bought, such a nice big FAMILY car, so everyone could ride together. Bitch!

We rode for the afternoon and I said goodbye to my horses. I hardly saw them, during the winter months. They were to be transported, to a stable at a lower elevation, for the winter. Winter was my time to go skiing. I found out during the ride, that both Megan and Robin could ski, some. But their father, not at all. I was going to have to do something about that. He couldn't be staying home all the time.

I was also, going to have to get Megan and Robin their own ski equipment. No matter how well maintained, I thought of rental equipment as a broken leg waiting to happen. Don might complain, about such an expensive gifts, but there was no way, I would let my girls take such a risk. Next year, I should probably get them, their own saddles, too. I thought absently.

Just like last time, we returned to a house filled with wonderful smells. There sitting proudly on the table was a huge chocolate cake.

"Dad, you've never made one so big before." Stated Megan with awe.

"I normally make a smaller round cake, but with you chocolate gluttons. I decided to make a large rectangular cake. But it is for after dinner." He warned.

Don the task master, would only let us have three cookies each, before urging us to go shower. I stole a hand full of cookies, on the way out of the kitchen, and passed them out. Don yelled, jokingly. "You're dropping crumbs on the floor."

Such a worrywart, going to have to change that.

We came back down to dinner. Don served us shrimp cocktail, pasta with garlic and olive oil, fresh bread right from the oven, sautéed mushrooms, and Italian sausage. I felt like he was trying to make us fat for the slaughterhouse.

We waddled to the movie room for some heavy exercise. All of us, fell asleep for the next hour. Vanessa, who owns a large day spa with exercise facilities, was groaning about getting fat. Kathy and Freddie, both decided that they wanted to have Don's love child. They of course said that, while Megan and Robin were out of the room.

We watched movies, we ate THE CAKE, cookies and ice cream. Discussed ways to enslave Don, so he could continue to cook for us. And fell asleep watching movies. It was a perfect party.

The next morning, we were surprised to see a thick layer of snow, on the ground. We hadn't been paying attention to weather reports. Checking the forecast, we saw that the snow, was expected to last at least two days, before it melted.

The tractor was disabled, but Don had seen a large snow blower out in the garage. He insisted on using it. I think he just wanted to use a new tool. He had been such a good boy, that I gave him my blessing. Vanessa and I decided to watch him for a little bit, to see if he needed any help.

The snow blower was located in a bad position. It was blocked in by the broken tractor, so it couldn't be wheeled out. Don walked over to it, squatted down and lifted it up, seemingly with no difficulty. He put it down and walked over to his SUV, to put on some warmer clothes.

Vanessa walked over to the snow blower and picked up a corner. She came back and whispered to me, that it had to be at least three hundred pounds. She was impressed by Don's strength.

Don had the entire drive clear, in slightly more than an hour. He came back inside, with a glow. The man liked using power tools, the more power, the better.

Then after doing all that work, he made us a late brunch. French toast, sausage, bacon and just for Freddie, a side of scrambled eggs with onions and Swiss cheese. From the looks Freddie was giving him, I think she was starting to be genuinely attracted to him, and not just clowning around anymore. That worried me.

We packed up, with every one exchanging hugs and kisses. Freddie and Kathy surprised Don, by kissing him on the lips. I think Kathy, even tried to insert her tongue. I was ready to strangle her.

I promised Don's girls, that I would invite them back for the ski season.

We got in our separate cars and started the drive home. Since we were taking almost the same route and Don's was the lead car, Megan and Robin would wave back to me, every once and awhile. I made a comment under my breath, that my friends overheard, on how I wanted to ride with Megan and Robin. Kathy and Freddie suggested that I call Don, on his cell, and we switch passengers for awhile. They said, that they would be happy to keep Don company. Like, I would trust them alone with Don. Our routes finally diverged on the highway and I waved goodbye to Megan and Robin.

End of Part 1, to be continued.

...................................

Author's Notes:

I had intended to submit this story in one go, but it has turned out longer that I had anticipated. It also has had, a lot of character building and not too many exciting moments, as yet. For that reason, I am submitting this part now, before I finish the story. It is quite possible, that readers will not enjoy this story. If that proves to be the case, then I will probably leave the story unfinished. Mind you, I will keep working on it, until that becomes clear. There are at least three major story developments that need to occur. Some of that is already written.

1) Maria and her friends "polish" Don, some perhaps many erotic scenes.
2) Barbara gets taught the meaning of pain.
3) How Don's life changes. This ending was not expect by me and it is going to be fairly long. Maria's plan for Barbara has many unforeseen repercussions.

Again, thank you for reading. I sincerely hope it was enjoyable and worth your time.

CastleStone

1...456789