Sorrel's Long Journey to Love Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,540 Followers

The fact that Sorrel had little interest in sex of any kind, man or woman, had probably never entered into their calculations. Sorrel would be a companion, probably some kind participant in an all female extravaganza. Fletcher knew these two women, at least on a casual basis. Neither of them, in his uneducated opinion was a serious threat to Sorrel's well being, but he considered allowing Sorrel to enter their little web might not be in her best interest.

The offer from the two women presented something of a conundrum. He was worried about the fragility of her current state of mind. However, owing to Sorrel's status he knew he couldn't prevent her being exposed to these two lady's attentions. On the one hand he believed he had a good handle on Sorrel's natural sexual proclivities, but on the other hand she might entertain the thought of at least being away from his constant, and as she had said on several occasions, overbearing supervision.

He had to admit what really annoyed him about the invitation wasn't his fear for her emotional well being, or the chance she might consider some kind of lesbian tryst; it annoyed him that she'd be away from him, not nearby. It galled him to have to admit that he'd become increasingly jealous of anybody other than himself paying any attention to her. He was acting like somebody's damned dog, panicking whenever anybody got too near their master.

Regardless, she had to be told of what was really a subtle command even if it had been couched as a companionable invitation. If she wanted to go, he knew he couldn't prevent the visit, if that is what it could be called. If, contrarily, she didn't want to go lest something unpleasant or untoward were to occur, then some kind of provision, other than a repeat of another intrusion akin to what happened with Flail would have to be contrived. Fortunately, since Gwyneth hadn't set a specific date there was time to discuss this with Sorrel, and time to get her opinion.

That evening, at the dinner table, with Sorrel, Mary, Marion, and the boys all present Fletcher brought up Gwyneth's telephone message. He started this way, "By the way Sorrel, I got a phone call from Gwyneth this morning."

Indifferently, Sorrel responded, "Oh. What did she want?"

Fletcher, keeping it as casual as possible said, "She and her sister Hannah were interested in having a get together; kind of a get to know you party."

Sorrel asked. "What she wants you and I to sort of go over as a kind of, let's say, informal couple?"

Fletcher thought that might be a good idea. He would have liked that, but he had to answer differently, "No, they only want to see you."

Sorrel looked across the table where the boys and Marion were sitting, "That sounds like a nice invitation. Maybe you and I could discuss it later in the living room."

Fletcher got the inference, "Good idea, maybe over coffee later."

Marion interrupted, "Uh oh, I get the impression this is something not meant for younger ears."

Fletcher smiled over at Marion, "Very perceptive little chipmunk."

Marion grimaced at the name. It was something she'd been called when much younger because she was always over stuffing her mouth when eating.

She gave an insouciant reply, "Hey Daddy. Little chipmunk wants coffee with the grown ups tonight." Fletcher answered, "No, no coffee for little chipmunk tonight."

Sorrel wanted to assert something. First she was thinking maybe it was time for her to spread her wings at some of these evening dinner table talks; like get her two cents in once in a while. Then she thought maybe Marion was probably old enough to understand what would be discussed, and just maybe she might have an idea. Last, she wanted to knock old Mr. I'm Always in Charge down a peg. She said, "Fletcher. I'd like Marion's input tonight."

Fletcher frowned, "No."

Marion chipped in, "Dad. I know what the conversation's going to be about. I'm not an idiot."

Fletcher insisted, "No, and that's that."

Sorrel chimed in, "I think she could offer some insight."

Fletcher was gritting his teeth, and his knuckles were white in two clenched fists, "Who's the parent here?"

Robert, the younger brother stepped up, "If Marion can get in I want to too."

Richard punched his brother, "Shut up stupid. They're talking about Sorrel going out with a couple of dikes."

Robert laughed, "Sorrel's going out with lesbos. Oh wow!"

Fletcher lost it. He shouted, "Shut up, shut up, all of you!"

Richard started to say something, "I don't see..."

His father pointed his finger at his son, "Not another word." The he turned to Sorrel, "Maybe I ought to let you go. I'm sure they'll take real good care of you."

Mary stepped had to step in, "Fletcher, boys, please." Then she turned to Marion, "You can come."

Fletcher threw his fork, "My house, my kid, and I have no say."

Mary gave him a stern look, "Not now, later."

Sorrel felt pretty good. She'd gotten her way. Smiling, looking neither to the right nor the left she just quietly took her fork and stirred what was left of her food.

The dinner time meal went on for several more minutes in icy silence.

The Big Pow Wow:

That evening, after the boys had drifted off for homework and sleep, Marion, Mary, Sorrel, and Fletcher sat around the kitchen table to discuss Gwyneth's invitation.

Fletcher opened, "It seems like I'm in here all the time now deciding what we're to do with Sorrel."

Sorrel sarcastically quipped, "Its hard being a God."

Mary interrupted Sorrel before she could go any further, "Let's get on track. Two lesbians want to invite Sorrel over for an evening. Does anyone doubt what it might be about?"

Sorrel answered, "I don't know. Gwyneth and I have met before. She doesn't seem like the overly aggressive type. It might be just what it seems, a casual get together."

Marion asked, "Did they ever invite you out before?"

Sorrel answered, "No, but that might be because I worked with Charles as an equal partner."

Marion stepped up again, "And now you're what?"

Sorrel didn't respond. She held the hurt inside.

Fletcher picked up the ball, "Sorrel's right Gwyneth isn't a danger, but Hannah sure is."

Mary queried, "You think Hannah's using Gwyneth to pull in Sorrel for some kind of threesome."

Fletcher interrupted, "Does Marion really have to be here?"

Marion interrupted her father, "Yes I do, and I've got the solution."

Fletcher interrupted his daughter, "Great, Squirt not only has to sit in on a discussion about which she knows nothing and is much too young. Now she says she has a solution when we're not even sure we have a problem."

Marion stopped her father again, "Oh we have a problem. Those two women want to take advantage of our Sorrel. Things could get ugly if they had a free reign, but I have a solution that can't fail."

Sorrel wasn't sure how to interpret what Marion had just said. Was she 'our Sorrel' like a member of the family, if that was the case she felt terrific. Then did she mean 'our Sorrel' like she's our property and we don't want to share. Sorrel had to say something, "I understand they have me, just like all of you have me, but I think I can handle this myself."

Marion was alert to what Sorrel meant, "We don't have you like they do. I know you haven't been here long, and the reason you're here is for something bad, but we don't have you like they do. When I said we have you, I meant we have you like we care about you. I like you Sorrel. I mean I love Mary she's been like a mother since my real mom died. But I like you in another way."

As her emotions crept in she started to stumble over her words, "I mean you're not like my mother. You could never be her. I mean I'm not jealous you're here. Some kids would be, but I'm not."

Her eyes were juicing up. "I mean."

She stopped talking. She got up and walked around the table to where Sorrel was sitting.

Sorrel looked at Marion as she walked toward her. She was unsure. She thought she'd treated Marion like a young adult. She had tried to show respect. What had she done wrong she wondered.

Marion walked around to Sorrel. She could see Sorrel's eyes widening. When she got over next to Sorrel she leaned over and wrapped her arms around her. She hugged her, and the she kissed her neck. She whispered, "I don't want you to leave. I mean I want you to just stay here and live with us."

Sorrel was overwhelmed. She had no idea Marion felt this strongly. She had nothing to say. Her eyes filled with tears. She wrapped her arms around the sixteen- year- old.

For several seconds they embraced; a teenager and a thirty something. Nothing was said, nothing had to be said. There had been an empty space in Marion's life. Somehow Sorrel, without knowing and without consciously trying, was, at least for now, filling that space.

Fletcher sat there, befuddled again. He felt much the same way, but he couldn't articulate it."

It was Mary, always Mary, who broke the ice, "Marion? You had a solution?"

Marion stood up and stepped away. She wiped her eyes. Sorrel was wiping her eyes too, "Yes I do. It's simple. Look, if Gwyneth and her sister want Sorrel for something they shouldn't, what would be the one thing that would stop them?"

All three, Sorrel, Mary, and Fletcher just sat there looking at Marion. No one had a clue.

Marion answered her own question, "Me."

Fletcher gesticulated, "You"

Mary asked quizzically, "You?"

Sorrel scowled, "You want to go too."

Marion laughed, "Exactly, I go along. We'll make up an excuse. We'll say Dad took the boys out, and Mary had to go somewhere with someone. I'm much too young to be left home alone. The solution, Sorrel takes me to Gwyneth's."

Mary leaned over and pretended like she was pushing Fletcher's jaw back up. Staring at him she said, "And you didn't want her here."

Sorrel looked concerned, "What would we do?"

Marion answered, "That's the easy part. There will be four of us. We'll all play bridge. We'll play bridge all night. Later in the evening we even suggest a second date at our house for another round. I tell you. It'll blow them away!"

Fletcher listened to his daughter with rapt attention. What a brilliant young mind, just like her mother. He smiled at his daughter, "Remind me to increase your allowance."

Marion quipped, "I don't get an allowance."

Fletcher retorted, "Well if you did, I'd increase it."

Sorrel was lost, "How does she get her money?"

Marion, Fletcher, and Mary all laughed.

Marion answered, "I have my own credit card silly."

Then Sorrel laughed too.

Mary looked around the table, "That's the way it should be. Have a problem? Hold a Pow-wow. Find a solution, then all go to bed." She looked over at Marion, "Good night Marion."

Marion knew it was time to become a child again. She got up, first she kissed her Dad, then Mary, and last she went around and kissed Sorrel. As she made for the stairs she said, "Good night everybody." Glancing back at Sorrel she added, "I love you all."

Mary picked up the dirty dishes and placed them in the sink, "Leave them there, I'll get them in the morning." Looking at both Fletcher and Sorrel she finished, "Don't stay up too late."

Fletcher and Sorrel sat at the table across from each other. Neither said anything. There was a lot Fletcher wanted to say. He wanted to tell Sorrel a lot of things. He was just too afraid to open his mouth. Sorrel sat stiffly, not knowing what to do. She hoped Fletcher wouldn't say anything. She hoped he'd just go to bed. If he started talking now she wasn't sure what she'd say. He still frightened her, but she was becoming more afraid of herself each day that passed.

Finally Fletcher did open his mouth, "I was thinking of taking the boys fishing in a day or two. Would you like to come?"

Sorrel's eyes were watering up again, "Yes, I'd like that."

Fletcher saw the affect his question was having on her. He knew it was time to cut and run, "Well I better get to bed." He got up and left the kitchen just about as fast as he could.

Sorrel sat in the kitchen alone, 'He'd been out to see her kids. He was planning something. He was worried about her. He was genuinely concerned. He was really honest to God concerned about her. He cared. She cared too.' She suddenly realized she cared about him. She cared about him a lot. It scared her. She felt terrible, like she wanted to run away again like she'd done when she'd left her kids. She knew she wouldn't run this time. She couldn't. She didn't dare. Too much was at stake, and she realized she wasn't all alone anymore. Tears were dribbling around the edges of her eyes. She wasn't alone. It was like she had a family. 'Oh please' she prayed, 'don't let me mess this up.' She got up and went upstairs.

carvohi
carvohi
2,540 Followers