Sorting Out The Smiths Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Take care of them, Lewis," she said. "Whatever you do, don't screw it up this time."

She got into the cab and closed the door. She waved through the window as the car drove off and down West Avenue, indicating left, towards the city centre and, most notably, the city airport.

Lewis stood and watched the yellow car disappear off into the world, still slightly startled by the kiss. He too was wondering what might have been, but already he was remembering the morning; not just the morning gone, but the mornings past, the mornings in New England, and all the mornings to come. It filled him with complete and utter joy.

Humming gently, he turned round and headed down the sideways entrance to the house and the back garden, back to his friends and neighbours, back to his beautiful wife and intelligent son and wonderful maid; back to his family.

*****

Elizabeth leaned back on the warm cab seat and sighed. She shouldn't have done that: first letting her temptation getting the best of her with Jack and now with Lewis -- if it hadn't been for the fact that she was sure all their neighbours were safely tucked away behind the house she didn't think she would have done anything about it.

"Hello there, sweetness," said the driver.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. It was the same guy who had driven here. What were the odds on that?

"Did you like it with all the rich kids in West Avenue then?" he asked her, chuckling. "Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy yourself?"

"What's with the third degree?" asked Elizabeth, shielding her eyes from the sunlight that every so often blared through the window into her face.

"Just trying to make small talk, angel," replied the driver, glancing at her in his rear view mirror and smiling broadly.

"Yeah, well, I did enjoy myself as a matter of fact, thank you."

"Good. People should enjoy the work they're doing, you know? 'Else I don't think there's any point in doing a job, 'cos you're never gonna do it well, you understand me?"

"I do," replied Elizabeth. "And you're right. People should enjoy what they do for a living."

She reached into a bag and pulled out the pieces of paper that had shot out of the printer. She read the overview carefully: Family in Florida; husband a politician, wife a professional chef; two children, both eighteen, one boy, one girl.

Elizabeth smiled, feeling a familiar dampness already start to appear between her thighs at the prospects of what awaited her in Florida. Yes, people should enjoy what they did for a living. And thank god for Family Care, because it was the best job in the world and she loved it.

The End.

12