South Mountain Pack Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He put his shoulders back and said in a clear voice, "Throughout the years flowers have come to symbolize different emotions and feelings. The arrangement we have tonight shows the love and respect we feel for our fallen Pack members and shows even fifty years later, their sacrifice is not forgotten and we will always remember their devotion to their family, friends and Pack."

Phillip moved towards the arrangement and as he placed each stem he said,

"Oak leaves representing their strength,

Edelweiss representing their daring and noble courage,

Rosemary representing their loyalty,

White Carnations representing their faithfulness,

Daisies representing their gentleness and innocence,

Red Roses representing their love for each other,

Gladioli representing their strength of character,

Baby's Breath representing their pureness of heart,

Iris' representing their faith, wisdom and valor,

Finally we have Forget-Me-Not's which mean remember me forever."

Carlo stepped forward and embraced Phillip, thanking him and Matt for bringing the flower arrangement, something no one else had thought of.

Silence filled the night air as Carlo quietly moved towards the side of the Altar, motioning for Gina and Anthony to join him. He looked over the assembled Pack members and said quietly, "You have listened to the history of the Were War, we have honored our fallen with flowers, now is the time for the Roll Call of those we lost and honor today. May their names live forever in our hearts and minds and may they find eternal peace knowing our Pack continues because of them."

"Each family will step forward and recite the family member they lost and light a candle on the Altar in their memory. At the end of the evening Phillip will melt the individual candles to form one candle uniting them forever. It will be placed in our Archive room along with a brass plaque engraved with all of the names, so a hundred years from now they will be remembered, celebrated and honored."

One by one each family stepped forward and recited family members long dead but never forgotten. Carlo recited the names of the whole families who were killed.

Heidi Anderson

Carmella, Aldo, Giuseppe Balducci

Antonia, Dante and Sergio Bellucci

Arabella and Stefano Benedetto

Jennifer and Joel Burns

Sophia, Leonora, Vincenzo, Marco, Rinaldo and Santino Carlucci

Joan and Edwin Carter

Isabella and Alfonso Costello

Christina and Christopher Dawson

Melissa and George Fauble

Isabella, Michael and Paul Giovanni

Ellen and Doug Grimm

Mae and Julia Green

Carol, Louise, Leo and Ronald Hammond

Lisa and Josh Holder

Amy Jones

Stephanie and Marshall Knight

Michael and Shawn Lowery

Victoria Martin

David, Edward and Scott Mendez

Martha and Jeff Mills

Octavia, Edmondo and Giorgio Moretti

Elizabeth Olden

Frederico Pinelli

Betty, Cindy and Mark Poffenberger

Susan and David Quinn

Hazel, Mary, George and Paul Reeder

Lucrezia, Raphael and Giancarlo Rossi

Donatella, Roberto and Bruno Sabatini

Daryl Shiffler

Bernadette and Damon Warrenfeltz

Gloria, Ian, Matthew Webber

MaryBeth, Ellen, Harry and Paul Whitmer

Elaine and Gary Zimmerman

"Eighty-one members were lost, but now I call forth those who joined our Pack in the last 50 years," said Carlo as he waited for those families to step forward. "Your family members will be added so future generations will know and remember their names to honor and grieve them, just as we will remember and share your grief now."

Sue and Phillip Chang

Cecilia Fleming

Maeve, Broderick and Colin Miller

Harold and Gerald Moeller

Suzanne and Fred Washburn

"In our darkest times and in our greatest moments of joy one thing has never changed, we have always stood together, side by side. Our enemies may have separated us, but they didn't divide us. They may have beaten us, but they never conquered us. They may have hurt us, but they never destroyed us. We are South Mountain Pack and as long as one of us lives, our Spirit will go on."

Silence descended on the clearing as Alpha Carlo tilted his head back and let out a mournful howl, the rest of the Pack joining in. The sound echoed over the floor of the valley before traveling up the mountains and lifting up to the sky.

Carlo stepped into the clearing before the Altar, his voice once more the forceful firm voice of a born Alpha, "We will now honor our fallen by going on a Pack run. Throughout the years, a Pack run has always symbolized the cohesive bonds of a Pack as new shifters learn the joys of becoming one with your Wolf, families run through the woods together; we experience the thrill of the hunt and the simple joy of being with the Pack."

Families headed to their cabins as young ones were placed with a security detail as guards patrolled the perimeter of the Ceremonial Grounds. New shifters and their families headed to the private clearing, anxiety evident in their posture and words. Frank and Joe had granted Anthony and Alberto permission to stay with their intendeds, knowing their daughters would be comforted with their presence.

Each family moved to a separate area of the clearing, except for the Carlucci's who stayed together. Their brothers, cousins and intendeds faced outward holding up fabric forming two interlocking circles with Sal, Victor and their fathers in one and Sophia, Maria and their mothers in the other. Sophia and Maria stood together holding hands as they listened to their mothers.

"Tonight you will become one with your wolf," said Rose quietly. "She has always been a part of you, but tonight she will come forth for the first time."

"She has always guided and protected you, but after tonight you will have the added protection of her physical form. You will notice your sense of hearing, sight and smell is even more advanced then before. She will use these to make sure you stay safe and you must listen to her for she will always be on guard," added Annie.

Rose looked towards the night sky and said, "It is time for us to meet her, go ahead and disrobe." Sophia and Maria embraced before stepping apart, disrobing swiftly as their mothers did the same.

Frank and Joe looked at their youngest sons and Frank said, "You heard your mothers, the only difference is hopefully your wolves will be male." Everyone started laughing, breaking the tension that was threatening to overwhelm them.

Hearing their laughter, the Millers glanced over at them. "They are a strong family, Luna has done well for our granddaughters," said Nana Ellen.

"Plus, they're really cute too," Erin sighed as the rest of her sisters giggled. "Look at them, every one is tall, dark and handsome with piercing green eyes framed by long curly lashes not to mention that lopsided grin that makes your toes curl."

"We won't discuss their muscles and how broad their shoulders are," added Caitlin.

"Do the two of you need to tell us something?" whispered Holly.

"No Momma, it's not time," whispered Erin. "They don't realize it yet."

"They aren't ready but that doesn't mean we can't push them a little," added Caitlin with a devious smile.

Looking up into the night sky, Kelly and Aislin stepped apart letting each others hands go as Holly encouraged them to hurry up and disrobe as she did the same.

Frank said quietly, "Close your eyes and let the night air fill your lungs. Feel your wolf coming forward and embrace it."

"Arachide, I cannot wait until I see your wolf. She will be as beautiful as you," said Anthony quietly.

"Gattina, let your wolf guide you during your change, relax and let her take control," whispered Alberto. "I will be waiting to meet her."

The moon crested over the trees illuminating the clearing and as the light hit the youngsters it shimmered across their bodies. They felt a powerful energy envelop their bodies as something awakened deep inside of them, remembering their parents words they relaxed and let the feeling wash over them. Giving in to the urge they got on their hands and knees, their bodies trembling as their wolves took control.

Searing pain lasted only seconds as they heard popping sounds as their bones realigned, they looked down at their hands and saw claws taking the place of fingernails as their paws started to form. They felt a rippling sensation under their skin, like ants crawling on them as fur started sprouting on their forearms and lower legs before racing over their bodies. Their faces elongated and there was a slight coppery taste of blood as their canines dropped and the last change they felt was their tails forming and elongating. Only seconds passed but it changed their lives forever.

Four chocolate wolves stood in the protective circles of Carlucci's, Anthony and Albert. They were identical in coloration right down to their paws; two had a cream colored right paw while two had a cream colored left paw, just like their fathers and brothers. They stood still as if afraid to move, the feeling of being on four legs instead of two making them unsure and afraid. Their parents shifted and rubbed against them to offer comfort then moved aside as the fabric was lowered so the rest of the family could welcome their loved ones wolf.

The Millers turned around and looked at the two wolves sitting and staring at each other. Their fur was light grey in color, tipped in varying shades of black and dark grey just like Holly while their eyes retained the silvery grey color of their father.

They glanced at their family but kept coming back to stare at each other, then leaned in and rubbed against each other, comforted by the scent of their twin as Holly walked around them rubbing against them to offer comfort. Todd dropped to his knees to allow them to scent his neck and said, "My beautiful girls, you look just like your Momma."

The two smaller chocolate wolves looked at their intendeds and whimpered quietly as they immediately came forward and dropped to their knees in front of them.

"Arachide, your wolf is magnificent just like I knew she would be," whispered Anthony, as Sophia scented his neck he growled low in his throat and his hands ran up and down the fur on her neck and shoulders.

"Gattina, your wolf takes my breath away she is so beautiful," whispered Alberto as he looked deep into his Maria's eyes which were amber with streaks of emerald green, he ran his hands through the fur on her neck and hearing her whimper he tilted his neck so she could scent him.

Kelly and Aislin struggled to their feet and took tentative steps towards Nana Ellen who was offering encouragement to them. Papa Mike looked at his son and both of their chests puffed with pride seeing the two newest wolves to join their family. "That's it, get used to walking on all fours. Let it come through your body naturally, you were born to be one with your wolf, let her guide you," whispered Nana Ellen and within minutes both girls were walking easily around their family.

Victor took a tentative step towards his eldest brothers as Lorenzo and Damian offered quiet encouragement. Sal looked at his cousins attempt to walk and took a step towards Vin and Dom stumbling as he did, instantly he felt Gianni's hands on his shoulders steadying him. "Take it slow and get your balance," instructed Vin to both boys. "Since you haven't hit your true growth spurt, your paws are huge for your bodies and you'll have to lift them up more then normal. Don't worry its natural and something we all went through."

Both boys looked at their paws, which were the size of salad plates. They glanced at each other then glanced at their sisters noting how small they were. They felt their mothers rubbing against them, and they looked over at their sisters to see their fathers doing the same. A strange sound escaped from both of them, similar to a chuckle as they noticed their sister's backs were barely higher then their father's bellies.

Seeing their reactions to their sister's size, Damian said, "They are kinda small, aren't they? Rather like overgrown poodles, we'll have to be careful not to step on them and squash them. I can't wait to see Maria next to Alberto that should be good for a laugh." The boys started laughing as both Sophia and Maria growled at him.

Sophia and Maria stood unsteadily as Anthony and Alberto encouraged them to take their first steps, which were slow and uneven. As they gained confidence their next steps were more confident and within minutes they were walking around their brothers and cousins.

Victor and Sal were still having problems with their oversize paws, when they thought they were doing okay, they would forget to lift their paws the extra inch or two they needed and they would stumble. Maria and Sophia seeing the problems they were having walked over and bumped them causing the boys to fall over and the older boys started laughing. Sal said,"I'm going to get you Sophia, as soon as I learn to walk, you're going to regret it."

Sophia said,"You have to catch me first."She started running across the clearing and managed four steps before she started to fall but before she hit the ground Anthony was there to catch her. "Arachide, before you taunt your brother you'd better learn how to run," he said as he started to laugh.

Joe said,"Okay boys go to the cabin and shift, its time for our wolves to meet. Don't forget to take our clothes."

Sophia and Maria watched with interest as Kelly and Aislin slowly walked around the clearing and joined them. With their mothers at their sides they increased their speed each circle. Sal and Victor followed and every time they stumbled their fathers were there with a gentle nudge or a muzzle to help them maintain their balance, on the fifth circle they were in a gentle run not realizing their fathers weren't at their sides.

"Okay Maria, that's enough. Remember Doc said for you not to run hard, and I don't want you to strain your arm,"insisted Joe."You can keep walking, but no more running and no jumping."

The twelve boys returned to the clearing in a gentle run. Ten chocolate wolves, one auburn wolf and one pure black wolf stood proud in the middle of the clearing. The auburn wolf was the biggest overall, but the black wolf radiated power. As they stood there, Sal and Victor walked over and joined them.

The black wolf strode forward separating himself from the rest."Arachide, come here my wolf is waiting to meet you,"commanded Anthony in the full Alpha-heir voice and demeanor that his wolf demanded.

Sophia slowly approached Anthony, only when she was directly in front of him did he relax his pose. He leaned down to scent her neck before walking around rubbing along both sides marking her with his scent. Even though he wasn't fully grown yet, he was only slightly smaller then her father and her head didn't reach his shoulders. Instead of being intimidated by his size, she felt comforted and whimpered quietly as she said,"What is the matter Anthony, why did you talk to me like that?"

"I am the Alpha-heir and you are my intended mate, the future Madame Alpha,"said Anthony in a firm forceful tone."I must show my dominance over all wolves except for my parents and you're in a strange position. It's a balance between my wolves need to show dominance and my need to protect and cherish you."

"What you are saying is when you give me a command, I should obey you? Even if I don't want to?"said Sophia with a twinkle in her eye.

"Yes, when we are in front of others. Always when there is danger,"said Anthony firmly, then his tone changed as he said huskily,"When it is just the two of us, then we will talk about it. I'm sure you will be able to think of ways to get me to change my mind."He leaned forward and growled low in her ear.

"Anthony!! Daddy is right there watching us,"squealed Sophia as she moved back to look into his amber eyes.

"We aren't doing anything wrong. I'm letting my intended know she has power over me and I will do anything to make her happy,"stated Anthony.

"I already know that Aletta, I can tell by the way you look at me,"said Sophia as she rubbed against his side.

"Lug nut, out of all the names you could call me, you choose Lug nut?"said Anthony as he started to laugh.

"Ooh look, Maria is walking up to Alberto,"said Sophia as she turned to stand by Anthony's side."Where did the Millers go? The only ones here are Kelly, Aislin, Nana Ellen and Papa Mike and the younger girls."

"They probably went to change. Damn, look at the two of them, their size difference is even more obvious now,"said Anthony as he started to laugh. He looked over at the Clan and saw their heads thrown back and a chortling sound coming from them.

Maria was walking across the clearing after her Mom and Dad checked her arm/front leg to make sure there wasn't any swelling or pain. Alberto met her halfway and leaned down to scent her neck, his neck horizontal to the ground. He walked around her to transfer his scent, but their size difference prevented him being satisfied with the result. Huffing he sat down so she could rub against him and once he was satisfied she carried his scent he stood back up and towered over her. He bent his head to scent her neck and instead knocked her over, much to her brothers and cousins delight."I'm sorry Gattina, I forget sometimes how big I am,"said Alberto.

Maria got up and hit his shoulder with her head trying to knock him over, Alberto didn't budge but Maria was once again knocked over. Embarrassed she sat down and hung her head whimpering quietly as Alberto walked over and lay next to her so she could lean against him and look down on him.

The Millers entered the clearing and Vin and Dom ambled over to meet their mates. Both of the silver grey wolves' heads came to their shoulders as they leaned in to scent their necks and then rubbed along their sides to transfer their scents. When they were satisfied they playfully nudged their mates.

Brianna tilted her head and ran her muzzle along Vincent's causing him to growl low in his throat. Morgan seeing what her twin had done looked at Dominic before shyly lowering her head, he lay next to her letting her set the pace and she slowly ran her muzzle along his causing him to growl and sit up startling Morgan.

Brianna leaned in as if to scent Vin's neck and instead nipped his ear and took off running across the clearing. While Dom was distracted, Morgan did the same taking off in the opposite direction. Both boys looked at each other before taking off after their mates, enjoying the chase.

"Okay everyone, its time for the Pack run. Damian and Papa Mike will stay with Maria and the younger Millers. Alberto are you going on the run or staying with Maria?"asked Joe.

"I'll go on the first part of the run then I'll come back and stay with Maria,"said Alberto. As Maria got up he noticed she was favoring her front paw, he looked down and noticed it was slightly swollen."Shit. Mr. JC, can you come here and look at Maria's leg, it looks swollen."

"It's fine Daddy, just sore,"Maria insisted. Joe and Annie came over and Annie said,"I think Doc should look at it, it's swollen and you're having problems putting weight on it. I don't think you should walk to the cabin either."

"I'll get her clothes and Mom's,"said Lorenzo and after receiving a nod from his father he took off for the cabin. Once inside he shifted, dressed and gathered the clothes he needed. He told Doc about the injury before running back to the clearing. Nana Ellen, Papa Mike and the younger Miller girls held up the fabric for Maria and her mother to shift.

Once she shifted back, the injury to her arm was obvious; it was already starting to bruise and was swollen. "Why didn't you say something Gattina?" asked Alberto.