South Mountain Pack Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We do a lot of Pack stuff on the days off, special training, helping out whoever needs something, that kinda stuff," said Vin as he watched Hope. She was trying to get something out of her backpack and as it came loose she fell backwards, he started to run towards her but Gianni scooped her up before she hit the floor and cradled her against his chest as she started to laugh.

"I got her," said Gianni sensing his brother's anxiety. "I know you've been busy so I've been keeping an eye on her and I see you got your pretty purple bow."

"Yeah, just what I've always wanted, to be wearing a girly hair bow in front of my mate," said Vin as he rolled his eyes. "Where's yours?"

"Mr. Drama Queen took it, said he needed it to look the most beautiful," said Gianni with a laugh.

Vin looked around the room and spotted Damian coming from the men's locker room with Toni's brothers, Troy, Roger, Danny and Don. He had so many bows on his head that you couldn't even tell he had hair and Vin started laughing so hard that all he could do was point at him for the Millers to see.

"He looks like a Hallmark store exploded on his head," said Dom with a laugh.

"And that is the mate Luna chose for me," said Caitlin with a sigh before she began to laugh. "I don't know whether to laugh AT him or with him or to feel sorry for myself that we're mates. I don't think he'll ever take anything serious."

"He'll be a wonderful mate and father," Maeve said in a serious tone. "You're serious but have a snarky sense of humor and he ...well... he is just Damian. I think you'll balance out perfectly." They watched Damian pick Toni up and blow raspberries on her cheek.

Frank and Joe walked over to Todd and Papa Mike and Frank said, "There's one thing Vin left out, the emergency exit." Todd and Papa Mike looked confused as they followed them and watched as Joe opened an end cabinet moving the dishes out of the way before pushing in on the left interior panel revealing a keypad. He typed in an access code and they watched as the middle freezer unit moved away from the wall on rollers revealing a 3' round metal door. "This was original to the caves; we think it was a stream that dried up, it goes straight through the mountain ending in a dry well in the basement of a house the Pack owns in Burkittsville in Frederick County. We keep vehicles in the barn and garage for emergency use."

"If this is the escape route, what's that door in the main room?" asked Todd as he turned around and pointed to a similar door that was on the back wall, partially hidden behind a bookshelf.

"A diversion. If we need to escape, that door'll be opened letting our enemies think we escaped through there," said Frank. "I hope they're not claustrophobic, it's only 2.5' x 2' and almost four miles long before it narrows down to nothing."

"I told you they were sneaky and they haven't even told you the rest of the plan," said Matt looking at his brother. "If something happens, one of the youngsters is going to take shirts from the girls and run to the end of the tunnel, leave the shirts then run back. This way the girls scents will make them go down the tunnel."

"Thing is, the tunnel isn't big enough for adult wolves to run in or turn around, so they'll have to crawl in their wolf form or human form to the end and they'll have to back out," said Phil as he joined them.

The Carlucci brothers looked at each other and smiled as Joe said, "We can't take credit for that idea. Damian thought of it when he was six. Now that I think about it, it should have been a huge clue what he would turn out like."

"I should've known," said Todd with a grin.

A little over an hour later everything was done: Gina had the inventory and list of supplies to be ordered; Carlo had the assessment papers from the Italians; Frank and Joe had notes of what electronic equipment Paulo needed; Doc had the list of medical supplies to be ordered; Carmelo and Vinnie had notes about the supplies needed for the mechanical equipment. "Okay everyone, we're done here. Young ones clean up your areas and make sure you have everything because we're not coming back if you forgot something," Carlo said in a loud voice.

Ten minutes later, the Pack was ready to leave and Paulo checked the monitors before saying, "We're clear." Carlo typed in the passwords and the Pack exited as Carlo repeated the earlier process to lock the safe room down.

As they were walking to The Manor House, Matt said, "Todd, what time are we going to the Mall to take the girls shopping?"

"Whoever is going, I am going with you, I am hungry. Who is driving me?" Dante said eagerly. Carlo rolled his eyes and an hour later the Millers, Carlucci's, Rossi's, Gabby, Angelo and Alberto were at the Mall. Dante quickly led the way to Long John Silver's where Amanda smiled broadly as he said, "One register again Amanda." She nodded and glanced at the new cashier who quickly ran to the back to tell them Mr. Rossi was here with a ton of people. The fry cooks glanced out front unsure of 'what a ton of people' was, and as soon as they saw how many people there were, they ran to the freezer and grabbed boxes of everything.

"You do know we have other restaurants around here," said Carlo with a laugh as Dante was finishing the last of his hush puppies.

"None with food as good as this," Dante replied before he went to the register to pay and to talk to Amanda. "I want to thank you for being at the reception yesterday; for me it was the highlight of the evening. I know how much work it was for you and your staff, speaking of which how many workers are here today?"

Amanda smiled, "Thank you for including us Mr. Rossi, my District Manager said it was a wonderful opportunity for us. We have six here today Sir."

"I know they are busy, so please hand out the tips for me," he said as he peeled off thirty $100 bills before paying the $1,300 bill with his card. "We will be leaving Wednesday, but I hope to see you again several times before then."

"Thank you again Sir," said Amanda with a big smile as the staff stepped out of the back and waved at Dante.

Dante smiled as they walked out of the restaurant and said, "I am full and now I need to do some shopping. I need some American Levi's for myself and D & D, also some of the new Nike's, Catarina wants ..." Dante stopped talking and pulled his wallet out retrieving several pieces of paper and his eyes widened when he looked at the lists. He sighed and said in an exasperated tone, "IO giuro di Luna, i ragazzi del mio credo che non ci sono negozi in Italia. Bath & Body Works intera linea di zucchero vanigliato, sun abiti con cardigan e calzini, pantaloni capri con twin-set, Levi's, Nike's, U di MD felpe e tute, felpe con cappuccio, polo Ralph Lauren camicie e shorts ...e che diavolo è una 'moglie battitore'?" (I swear to Luna, these youngsters of mine think there are no stores in Italy. Bath & Body Works entire line of vanilla sugar, sun dresses with matching cardigans and socks, capri pants with twin sets, Levi's, Nike's, U of MD sweatshirts and sweatpants, hoodies, Ralph Lauren polo shirts and shorts...and what the hell is a 'wife beater'?)

Vin told the Millers what was said and that D & D were Dante's sons, Draco and Drago as Ric, Rocco and Luc pulled similar lists out of their wallets.

"It will take me hours to get all this," said Dante as he looked at Ric, Rocco and Luc who said their lists were almost as long.

"Let me see," said Gina and Dante passed the papers to her and Rose and Annie held their hands out for Ric, Rocco and Luc. "The girls can help me pick out some outfits for Cat; she even included her size on the paper though of course it's in Italian measurements. Who does she most resemble in height and shape?"

Dante pulled a picture and a credit card out of his wallet and handed them to Gina, "Well, you know she is seventeen, and is most similar to Gabriella. She likes bright clothes and for everything to match. Buy her whatever you think she would like. There is no limit on that card, but try to keep it around $20,000."

Gina laughed as she said, "Dante, I could buy a whole store for that." She looked at the list again and said, "I don't see anything on here for Calinda."

"She is getting enough," said Dante with a smirk. "The new plane is her birthday present."

"Damn it Dante," Carlo said with a scowl. "Now Gina's going to want something besides the new SUV she ordered." Gina slowly turned her head towards Carlo and glared at him and he quickly said, "And she would deserve everything she asked for, she's a wonderful mate and mother."

Anthony was laughing as he said, "Nice recovery Dad, but I think she's still mad." Carlo gave Gina a lopsided grin and she turned away from him, but not before he saw her smile.

Ric and Rocco handed their card to Rose and said their daughters resembled Sophia and Maria and also liked bright colors and to spend around $5,000. Luc gave his to Annie and told her to get Nonna casual outfits yet definitely American in design and he had no limit. Ric looked at him and said in a sarcastic tone, "Of course you have no limit; Nonna will pay your bills when we get home." Luc didn't say anything just smiled which infuriated Ric.

Knowing the girls didn't want their intendeds to see their outfits before their dates, Rose said, "Dante, why don't you take Anthony, Alberto, Vin and Dom with you to get the boys things. Everyone else will come with us."

"As long as my intended stays safe," said Anthony with a scowl. "Sophia, I want you to keep the bond open in case you need me."

"I'm going to be with my family plus your parents, I think you can relax," Sophia said as she rolled her eyes. "Now go, we have a lot of shopping to do."

Four hours later, they were finally done. The Millers had gotten their other three pairs of shoes, ten outfits, swimsuits, a winter coat and their first pocketbooks with matching wallets. Sophia and Maria had gotten outfits for their dates plus several others and Gabby had gotten several outfits that Sal helped pick out. Gina, Rose and Annie bought everything on the lists and there were so many bags the men had to make several trips to the vehicles because they couldn't carry them all. They met in the parking lot and when Dante saw the bags he said, "If the other men have as much to bring back, we are going to need a bigger plane."

"I had the clerks pack the clothes in boxes, this way they won't wrinkle," said Gina as she handed back his credit card. "Here are the receipts, I spent a little more than the budget but there were so many cute outfits I couldn't make up my mind." Dante shrugged since he had spent more then that on each of his sons.

"I remembered why I hate shopping so much," muttered Carlo as the boys agreed. The caravan drove to the Millers and the boys carried the bags inside and Vin and Dom reminded Brianna and Morgan they would be there at 6 PM to pick them up. Carlo, Gina and Dante went to The Manor House and the Moretti's followed the Carlucci's back to Frank's house. The boys changed into their board shorts and dove into the pool while the girls went to Sophia's bedroom.

For her fourteenth birthday Rose had re-done Sophia's bedroom, turning it from a little girls room into a room for a young lady. An antique mahogany bedroom set complete with a four poster queen sized bed complimented the lilac painted walls with white trim and the purple and flower printed patchwork quilt with matching curtains, shams, dust ruffle and bed linens. Mahogany frames with pictures of her family and Anthony were scattered along the wall and a mahogany bookcase was on the wall between her walk in closet and the door to her bathroom.

Gabby sat in the vanity chair, Maria lay on the bed propping her arm with a pillow and Sophia flopped in the bean bag she refused to let her mother throw away. The girls laughed as they recounted the exasperated looks on the boys faces as they tried on outfit after outfit. "I know we bought some stuff, but most of the stuff we tried on was for Alpha Dante, Ric and Rocco so it wasn't our fault," Sophia said with a laugh. She looked at Maria, "At least you didn't have to be a walking mannequin, you got to sit in a chair at the doorway of the changing room. I'm exhausted."

"Did you see Lorenzo's face when Erin was trying on her outfit for her date?" Gabby asked with a laugh. Sophia put her finger to her lips and walked to the door, looking down the hall before closing it.

"I know, he was boiling mad," Maria said with a grin as Sophia sat back down. "He growled when she came out of the dressing room if her clothes were too low cut, too tight or too short. Damian was just as bad. When Caitlin came out in that purple dress that was a size too small I thought he was going to lose it."

Gabby snorted as she said, "He did lose it, he screamed at her to get back in the changing room and to stop wearing clothes from the children's section."

Sophia looked at Maria as she laughed, "You're a bad sister, telling them to go out in clothes you knew didn't fit to get a reaction out of your brothers."

"I know, but they deserve it," Maria replied with an evil smile. "And Gabby was just as bad, telling Caitlin and Erin in a loud voice how much Patrick and Bob would like them in the dresses they finally picked."

"What about what Sophia did?" asked Gabby with a big smile.

"My brothers deserve it," Sophia responded with an evil laugh. The girls started laughing so hard tears were rolling down their faces.

The boys were quiet as they threw a football around the pool, Lorenzo had been angry and Damian on edge since they'd been at the mall. "Did you see how tight..." Lorenzo started to say angrily but stopped when he saw Anthony point to his head. He nodded before continuing, "the dress was that Erin had on? It looked obscene. And the dress she's going to wear on her date with that fucking bastard? She looked beautiful in it, he doesn't fucking deserve to be with her." He threw the ball so hard at Victor that after catching it, he had to shake his hands.

"Caitlin too, who the fuck picked out the clothes for her to try on? I swear to Luna, they had to come from the children's section, they were too tight. I felt like running over and covering her up so nobody could see her," Damian ranted as he caught the pass Victor threw.

Vin, Dom, Anthony and Alberto looked at the boys and said, "- didn't get anything too tight, did she?" Each boy had inserted the name of their intended in the question and when they realized what they did they burst out laughing.

Michael shook his head and smiled, "They looked beautiful, but we're not going to tell you what they bought, you have to wait and see."

"So, what did you decide to do for your first dates?" Angelo asked as he leaned against the side of the pool.

"We're going to Carmelo's since the girls want authentic pizza then we're going bowling since they've never been," said Dom with a smile.

"How are they going to bowl in dresses?" asked Gino with a frown. "Especially dresses as short as the ones they bought?"

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU SAID THEIR DRESSES WEREN'T SHORT," Vin hollered glaring at his brother while Dom growled.

"Back off, don't get mad at me. And you asked if the dresses were tight, you didn't ask anything about the length," Gino said as he got out of the pool as Vin and Dom chased him. The other boys looked at each other with knowing smiles.

Two hours later, Vin and Dom pulled into the Millers driveway. Vin was dressed in Levi's, a blue and white striped rugby shirt with the sleeves pushed to his elbows and Timberlands; Dom was dressed in faded Levi's, a white Polo shirt and Doc Martens. "If their dresses are too short, we'll do something besides go bowling," said Vin with a scowl. "I won't have my mate bending over in front of other guys."

"You've said that like a hundred times, like I want my mate doing it," Dom said with a frown as they walked towards the front door. "If it was up to me, we wouldn't even be going out in public; I don't want anybody looking at my mate."

Dom stepped forward and was about to knock when Papa Mike opened it and made a point to look at his watch as he said, "Right on time. Come on in the kitchen, the girls are almost ready."

"I baked some brownies, would you like some?" asked Nana Ellen with a twinkle in her eye. "We tried a new recipe with cream cheese and cherries." She laughed as Vin and Dom raced to sit at the table as she handed them plates.

"These are really good," said Vin as Dom nodded in agreement. "You're going to sell them in the bakery, right?"

"That's the plan," said Todd as he walked into the kitchen. "We signed the papers to buy the building. Now we need to go over the design concept with your Dad and uncle then start the build-out."

"We'll be here early Sunday to cut the firewood, the others are coming too. We figured it'd be a good workout instead of lifting weights," said Dom with a shrug before smiling at his father in law. "We're finishing our run here, so figure for us to get here at 6...and we'll be hungry."

Papa Mike started to laugh as he said, "You boys are always hungry. I've never seen boys eat as much as you all do."

"It'll slow down when we finish growing," said Vin as he finished his third brownie.

"Or at least that's what Dad's hoping, he says he's going broke every time we get groceries," said Dom with a laugh which died quickly when they scented their mates approaching. Where they were sitting they couldn't see them but as soon as they stepped into the kitchen, both boys stood up, their mouths dropping open. Brianna was in fuchsia capris, a white silk shirt with a fuchsia and black swirl design and Keds with white lace socks. Morgan was wearing peach capris, a white t-shirt with peach fabric flowers around the neck and Keds with white socks. Both girls had their hair in braids with matching ribbons woven through.

"I'm going to fucking kill you when we get home Gino," said Vin to his family. "The girls aren't in dresses, they're in capris. You had us worried for nothing."

"I know," Gino said with a laugh. "Maria, Sophia and Gabby told them not to get dresses since they were going bowling."

"So all of you were in on it?" asked Dom angrily.

"Yeah, but it wasn't our idea, but I wish it would've been. It's classic," said Damian as he laughed.

"We'll talk about this later," Vin responded with a snarl. He took a deep breath to calm down before he and Dom walked over to the girls and he pulled Brianna tightly to his side as he leaned down and kissed her gently. Dom held out his hand and when Morgan placed her hand in his he smiled before leaning down so she could scent him. He knew allowing her to scent him would put her at ease and he barely suppressed his growl when she bared her neck to him after she was done.

"We ready to get this show on the road?" asked Matt with a smile.

The girls said they'd be back and ran upstairs and Vin looked at Todd who said quietly, "They forgot their pocketbooks; they've never had one before. We had a big discussion earlier about what they should have in there; so I gave them $20, they have their school ID's, cell phones and some makeup."

Dom nodded and said, "We'll make sure they don't leave them." He looked at Matt and Phil saying quietly, "I'd like to thank you for agreeing to chaperone. I know it'll put them at ease rather than having my family with us, especially Morgan."

"It's no problem," said Phil with a gleam in his eye as he looked at his brother. "We figured you'd rather have us than him." Vin and Dom didn't answer but smiled making Papa Mike and Nana Ellen laugh.