Southland Packs New Alpha

Story Info
Will he ever settle down and take over?
2.6k words
4.42
25.3k
60

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/11/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PROLOGUE

For two hundred and fifty years James Southland had run his pack smoothly, yes they had their ups and downs but they had survived and were happy. Now he felt it was time to step down and hand everything to his only son Marcus. The only thing was pack tradition stated that only mated males could succeed their father and Marcus didn't even seem interested in finding his mate.

James could feel his mate, the other half of his soul, trying to soothe his worries. 'Gloria, what are we to do? Marcus still doesn't seem anywhere near finding his other half.' James shared through his mate bond.

'Don't worry my love. Marcus and the girls will all find their mates when the time is right. We cannot force them. Until then we live and support them as we always have done. You need to stop fretting love. Luna knows what she is doing with our pups.' Gloria continued to try and soothe James.

'I hope your right Sweet One, I hope you are.' James sighed.

CH 1

"What you doing tonight Gabe?" Marcus asked as soon as Gabriel answered his phone. Gabriel was used to Marcus' to the point attitude and had long ago given up on trying to get him to even use the word 'hello' when calling him or his twin brother Michael.

"Don't know yet. What you got in mind now? I don't need to get in any more trouble with my Ma Marc." Marcus always seemed to attract trouble but as his future Betas Gabriel and Michael were always right in the thick of it also.

"I need to get out of the den for little while. My Da's talking about mates, settling down, finding my second half, blah, blah, blah. When will he realize I'm only one hundred and twenty five years old, just a pup! I have wild oats left to sow!" Marcus confided in his trusted friend.

"Ok young pup." Gabriel laughed. "We'll hit the bar you know your Father won't be there."

"See you & Michael in fifteen minutes outside the front door then." Marcus said as he hung up.

*************************************************

It was Fiona's first day working in 'The White Lycan' bar as a waitress/bar tender. She'd moved here two weeks ago with her boyfriend and within a week he had up sticks and left her for a woman he'd been cheating on her with and gotten pregnant. Fiona hated him, hated all men in fact. Due to the prick 'sewing his wild oats', she hated that saying, she had been left with a bruised and beaten heart, rent to pay and bills. It was time she stopped her wreck of a life from crashing down around her ears so she had a found a job.

Fiona was an hour early for her shift but this gave her time to scope the place out when busy. She was wearing her favourite dark jeans and black off-the-shoulder top and at only five foot six seemed a Smurf among these patrons. She took a seat at a booth on the right with the Coke she had bought at the bar and closed her eyes listening to the chatter around her.

About five minutes later the one phrase she hated more than anything and her temper flared.

*************************************************

Marcus, Gabriel and Michael had been in the bar drinking for about half an hour when his little sister Holly came to sit with them. She was wearing 'The White Lycan', referring to his Ma ;The White Wolf', uniform. A black as night shirt with a snowy white wolf's head on the back.

"What's up Hols?" Marcus tried to make conversation with her but knew that she would be here to try and break the rift with him and his parents at the moment.

"You know what's up big bro. I have come here early to try and sort things out. I have a new waitress coming in less than an hour and I'm here because you are sad, lonely..." Holly ranted at her brother unto he interrupted her.

"I'm not sad Hols and I'm hardly lonely. I'm out there nearly every weekend sewing my wild oats and having fun. Where's the..." "Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!" Marcus was cut off from the noise in the booth behind him. The group all looked towards the booth with curious expressions.

*************************************************

Fiona had let her temper get the better of her and sprung from her booth and stood in front of the idiot behind her.

"What the hell does that mean?!" Fiona ranted. "Sew your wild oats!! Since when did the male species of the human race become some type of plant!? You're an idiot! What you are actually saying is 'I whore myself around'..." The idiot stood up and kissed her in the middle of the bar, in the middle of her rant as if she was the only one in the room. At first Fiona tensed but the feel of those impossibly smooth satin lips and the tongue licking her bottom lip she forgot who she was and melted into him. Kissing had never felt like this and she never wanted it to stop.

In the background Fiona heard someone cough and it brought her to her senses. She was standing in the middle of her new place of work kissing a stranger. She pushed the idiot back, slapped him across the face and stormed towards the exit. There was no way her new boss was going to keep her now. She took one last look over her shoulder at the man and then left.

*************************************************

Marcus couldn't believe the woman ranting in front of him, she was gorgeous. She had a beautiful mane of red fiery hair that matched the temper she was showing and her amber coloured eyes sparked like embers. She had obviously been eavesdropping and didn't like what was said but he didn't even remember what he said and didn't care, he and his wolf just wanted to kiss her.

Wait a minute his wolf was never interested in any of his women so why now. Marcus scented the air and got a wonderful whiff of strawberries and honey. His wolf growled and sat waiting to pounce. It was her! This is his mate. Marcus grinned jumped up and kissed her. She was tense so he slowly licked at her bottom lip trying to get permission for entry. Eventually she relaxed and seemed to melt into him. He pushed hiss tongue past the seam of her lips and tangled with hers. It was phenomenal, all he could think was 'Mine! Mine! Mine!' and he didn't care who saw them. Then all of a sudden she pushed him away and slapped him. He landed on top of the bar table on his ass as her fine ass stormed out of the bar.

Marcus was still grinning as he watched her leave. "Mine" he whispered. all of his companions stared at him into his sister, smacked him across the back of the head and ran after his Fiery One.

*************************************************

"Fiona!! Wait!!"

Fiona head someone call out to her but she couldn't stop, her eyes were full of tears of embarrassment and on one needed to see her cry.

She felt a hand grab her bicep and stop her. "Please Fiona stop. You don't need to leave and you've got a shift to do." A female voice gently said to her. Fiona turned her head slightly and saw Holly, the girl who gave me the interview and who she was supposed to be working with tonight. Fiona blinked back the tears that had gathered in her eyes and turned to face Holly.

"After that show in there I highly doubt that I'm still hired to work tonight Holly. Thanks for checking on me but I think it's time I moved on and sorted my head out. That display and embarrassment I just made of myself just proves that."

Holly just grabbed Fiona and hugged her. "You're wrong you know" she whispered to Fiona and then let her go. "Please think about it, go home tonight and come back tomorrow to let us know if you still want the job or not, I promise it's not as bad as you think." Holly then turned and stated walking back to the bar.

"Holly! But I probably don't work there anymore once the boss finds out I kissed someone, then slapped them and then skipped out on my very first shift!" Fiona shouted to Holly.

Holly turned around with a smile on her face. "Oh I can guarantee otherwise! You see the kissing guy was my big brother Marcus Southland and the guy who will sign your future pay checks!" Then she turned around and skipped back to the bar.

Fiona stood frozen for a moment and then groaned. "Ugh, I just kissed and slapped my new HOT boss!" She scrubbed her hands over her face again and made her way home.

*************************************************

When Holly walked back into the bar there was no sign of Marcus or Gabriel and Michael was working behind the bar. 'What now?' she thought to herself and her wolf just gave her the look to say 'It's you brother who else?'. Michael pointed to the back office so she just sighed and headed in that direction.

When she reached the office she knocked twice and then entered. As soon as she was through the door Marcus leapt towards her.

"Where is she?! Is she OK?! Where is she?! What did she say?!" Marcus stopped for a breath for a second and glanced around then stonily looked back at his sister. "Where! Is! She?!"

"Marcus calm down and stop! FIONA has gone home but will be back tomorrow. You have to control yourself though Marcus, she's Human." Holly looked towards her brother who slowly slumped backwards and sat on his desk.

"Human?" Marcus asked and Holly nodded.

"I interviewed her on Saturday because we were desperate and so was she." Holly informed him. "But this is a Were Bar Holly we need to be careful and no drunken shifts or anything." Marcus started to explain why this was a Were Bar.

"I know Marcus but I met her and I don't know why but I had this overwhelming need to help and hire her." Holly just looked at the ground after confessing this feeling. It was strange, no one ever got anything from the humans but fear.

Marcus just stared at his sister and then looked to Gabriel who seemed to be as stunned as him about what Holly had said. "I need to talk to Da Holly, what time will Fiona be here tomorrow?"

"I don't know. I told her to think about things and to come in tomorrow and let us know what's happening." Holly answered.

"Oh well Gabe, looks like I'm working from this office tomorrow." he kissed his sister's forehead and whispered. "Thank you Hols." Then the three male wolves left and Holly got to work behind the bar.

*************************************************

When Fiona got home she went straight to the sofa and buried her face in the pillows. She couldn't believe what had happened and that it was Marcus Southland, her BOSS, of all people to kiss and slap. she ran through it over and over in her mind but couldn't understand what had actually come over her.

when her phone rang twenty minutes later she was still mulling the night over and didn't think to check the caller ID.

"Hey Babe.." The masculine husky voice caressed her ears.

"Roger? What the fuck!" Fiona couldn't believe her ex had the nerve to phone her after everything, but, she was curious to find out. "You've got ten seconds to give me a reason not to hang up." She stated firmly.

"I miss you...I still love you...I want to come home...It's not my baby...I love you..." Fiona now understood, if it wasn't his baby that meant the other woman was sleeping around also and no longer wanted him. "Goodbye Roger." Fiona said as she hung up.

Ten minutes later the phone went again. "Roger fuck off!" Fiona screamed into the phone s she answered it.

"Who the fuck is Roger?" Another snarling, caressing male voice said back to her.

"I'm sorry I thought you were someone else, how can I help you?" 'I really need to check my caller ID more'. Fiona thought to herself as her cheeks heated for the hundredth time that night.

"I said, who the fuck is Roger?" The voice asked again so Fiona checked the display screen on her phone but didn't recognize the number at all. This was getting freaky, who the hell was this guy?"

"who wants to know?" Fiona asked as her front door opened and she nearly screamed unto her brother and flatmate Bradley walked in. Bradley saw the fear in his big sisters face and quirked an eyebrow at her. She covered the talking end of the phone and said to him, "I have this guy on the phone who is trying to figure out stuff about me and I don't know who it is." Fiona could feel sweat beading on her forehead and saw her brothers worry.

"Give me the phone Fiona." Fiona handed it over for her brother to take over. "Right you little shit you are freaking my sister out! Who the fuck are you?!"

"My name is Marcus Southland and I am your sister's new boss. Now, can you put her back on the line please so that I can sort out her shifts." Marcus tried to sound like as much like his father as possible so that her brother knew that he meant business.

Bradley turned around and passed the phone back to Fiona on his way to the kitchen. "It's your boss Marcus Southland. Jesus Fiona why not just ask next time." He shook his head as he was making his way to get some food. "You think I didn't try that!" Fiona shouted to his back as she threw a pillow at her brothers back. She went back to the phone no knowing it was her boss and once again felt her cheeks heat. "I'm sorry Mr Southland, I'm sure you will be able to find someone else to take my shifts, I'm so sorry to waste your time."

"What?" Marcus was shocked to hear that she was thinking of not coming back. "What do you mean waste my time you are still hired by 'The White Lycan' why would we need someone else. Don't worry about anything Fiona, things happen and by the way it's Marcus not Mr. Southland, if we are going to work together then we are not going to be so formal."

Fiona coughed. "What do you mean working together, I didn't realize that we would be working closely."

"Oh yes, we will." Marcus purred through the line.

"One thing if I'm going to come back we have to make one stipulations. There will be no repeat of tonight. We are boss and employee end of." Fiona was as authoritative as possible when spoke.

Marcus felt his stomach drop as she said this but he would give her anything as long as he could be near her. "Hopefully we will be friends also Fiona. But if that's really want you want. that's what will happen."

"Yes. That's what I want but we will see about the friends thing." She answered immediately but she felt hollow inside when saying it.

"OK. Deal. See you tomorrow." Marcus said as he hung up and a few tears slid down his face. His wolf held his head low by his paws.