Special Weapons and Tactics Ch. 01

Story Info
A marriage breaking.
9.2k words
4.42
84.7k
68

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/23/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
justbobkc
justbobkc
673 Followers

Authors note - This story is completely fiction but roughly based on what I believe is real people in just such a real unfortunate situation, once. All characters involved in sexual activity descriptions are over 18. I have exactly zero personal experience in any police job activities, but I was able to find some generic info about the St. Louis County Tactical Operations Unit and situated the whole story there for other reasons. And we've all seen enough cop shows...

******************

I was finally going to be happy again.

About time, damn it.

My "dear Hubby" John came home early from work today. Early! Like, first time ever - the jackass whose job always came before me.

I was just finishing up getting ready for my date tonight. Yes, an actual date with a real sensitive man - not just a night out with my girlfriends like John thought.

He walked in the house with an attitude - grabbed me by the arms and screamed "Who exactly are you seeing tonight and where?"

But I was tired of his bullying. I looked him right in the eye and told him off, "I'm seeing Jack Carter tonight for dinner and drinks and whatever. And whatever just might mean I'll thank him just like I once thanked so many nice young men in college. Jesus, I need some real sex for a change."

That got him. He let me go and actually said, "My wife has lost her mind..."

And THAT absurdity flew all over me. I was as mad as I could ever remember in my life and started screaming right back at him.

And then he said something like "Charlie was right all along."

That asshole. That little wormy nothing asshole. I called 911 on his worthless ass and I also called Jack to come and protect me.

Finally a patrol car showed up but so did two of his friends. Where the hell was Jack? That's who I wanted and needed right now.

Then my Mom and sister Janice also arrived and John finally left. Finally!

I cried and cried in their arms as they comforted me. Maybe my nightmare marriage was finally ending and I had a chance for some happiness. But I still felt some deep, deep sadness watching John walk out that door. Just residual feelings from the ever deepening unhappiness I had been feeling the last six months...

*******

"Jesus, what the fuck is going on?" I thought to myself.

Brandon, my number 2 in any tactical situation that might arise, had quietly asked me to join him for a cup of coffee in our dingy break room.

He looked glum and then said, "What the hell is going on with Jack?"

Jack Carter was my oldest friend on the unit and basically my number 3, but was working hard and wanted a shot at being a sergeant as soon as possible in the St. Louis County Tactical Operations Unit. Basically he wanted MY job, Sgt. John Thornton's - and I hoped he got it. After I moved up at least one notch myself.

"Jack Carter? What do you mean?"

"He's talking a bunch of shit. About you - and Susan..."

"Suzy? My Susan???" I asked incredulously.

"He's more than hinting he has a...a very personal relationship with her. And he's going to beat your ass because YOU have been abusing her basically your whole marriage."

My mouth was open. Literally open because I was so shocked and speechless.

"What the fuck?" is all I could think.

Brandon continued, "About half the guys in the unit just believe him. Me and a couple of others who have spent the most time with you guys - you and your family - don't. It's just not possible. But I'm afraid this kind of personal crap in the unit could end up - dangerous."

No shit. We all had guns, and one cop screwing around with another's wife and family, even if he wasn't actually screwing her, could cause some REAL problems in any kind of action we might all get involved in. Not to mention some old West style 'mano y mano' shootout craziness.

"Fuck," was about all I could say. This had to be addressed but should I talk to Jack or Suzy first? Was Jack making a play for Suzy, and she had totally rebuffed him, so he's acting out this kind of chickenshit male ego puffery? I'd known Jack a long time, since our Army days, and he was a bit of a dick sometimes, especially around women, but otherwise he was stable enough I never had any doubts about him having my back when the shit hit the fan.

Christ, I'd spent a LOT of time with him drinking after his own wife dumped him because of the combination of job stresses and his necessary work absences away from home. But also because he had a slight problem resisting all the temptations fit men in uniform faced from the occasional "very grateful for all you do" female public. And Connie had found out about it. And at least on two separate occasions. And she had packed their two kids up and headed back home to Chicago. That was tough for Jack in a lot of ways. Still...my Suzy??? And me???

I had had my own temptations but as leader of this unit of 9 officers, I thought I had better try and set a good example. Plus I loved my wife and our four kids and sure as hell couldn't afford a divorce. I didn't make enough now to make Suzy happy much, even working private security overtime about as much as I could. Suzy and Jack Carter? I couldn't see that either.

Our marriage had always been a tad rocky. For the life of me I don't know why she basically chose me. We all went to the same Junior and High Schools, but she was 2 years younger than me and her brother Charlie. Charlie and I were best friends, even though we lived in different neighborhoods and social strata. My family was strictly working middle class. Paycheck to paycheck. The Scrantons were pretty well off, not "rich" rich - but they had money - and they knew it and flaunted it. Specially his parents and the brat - Suzy.

But Charlie wasn't like that, we both played the three major sports in HS. Baseball, basketball, and football - lettered in all 3 and by our junior years both of us started on the baseball and football teams. He was a receiver and I was a fullback. He was a pitcher and I was a catcher. He was flashier, and I was a blue collar plugger. But we were still very close, on and off the field. He was smarter than me and with his family money definitely going to college. I was going into the Army - "to be all I could be" - and to get the college benefits that would follow giving them 4 years of my life.

I spent a lot of time at Charlie's house in high school and it was always pretty obvious Susan didn't really like me, at all - plus she looked down on my - situation in life. In high school it was the same. She ran with a whole different "rich" crowd, even as a sophomore. The crowd Charly should have been part of but really didn't bother with. I had an OK just casual date with me at my senior prom - doubling with Charlie and his more special girlfriend. Suzy as a sophomore showed up on the arms of a typical rich asshole jerkoff senior - as expected.

After high school Charly headed to Notre Dame and I headed to Fort Benning in Columbus GA. for BCT - Basic Combat Training, boot camp. I eventually became an MP and with some special further training in "Intelligence" and spent two tours in Iraq. Interesting work. Not a lot of fun. And I survived.

Four years later I'm back in St. Louis and on a waiting list to maybe join St. Louis City or St. Louis County police departments and attending junior college working on some academic credentials in "criminology" - all kind of a joke to me based on what I had already learned in the Army. But one has to play the fucking game.

Charlie and I had kind of stayed in touch thru occasional letters and emails - and he was coming home for the summer before starting law school. We finally hooked up one night at just our old friendly neighborhood bar and juke joint. And Suzy came along with him. She was really quite a stunning young lady now and the most surprising thing was just how friendly to me she was.

It was actually a very pleasant evening all around just getting caught up. Charlie had some funny college stories but Suzy didn't say much about herself. She seemed mesmerized whenever I talked about my own experiences in Iraq. When we finally left the bar she actually kissed me on the cheek and said, "So great to see you again. Please stay in touch."

"Who was this girl and what happened to Susan Scranton?" I asked myself in just amusement.

The next day Charlie called me again and basically finally said, "Listen, Susan really likes you. Basically she had a crush on you all thru HS and you never paid any attention to her. Bet that surprises you, eh?" And I could hear him grinning on the phone.

"You could have fooled me," is all I could say.

"Yep. Sometimes girls and women are a little strange that way. But she did and she still does - and she's had a rough couple of years. She basically just couldn't handle college, too many parties with too many rich privileged assholes. Too much booze and too much ecstasy. And too many asshole dicks, I'm afraid. She had to leave school and just got out of rehab and doing her 12 step stuff now. IF you call her, just be gentle, OK. And I hate to say this about my own sister, but you probably shouldn't get serious about her...but last night was a lot of fun and let's do it again soon, OK?"

And we did. It became pretty much a weekly thing all summer and sometimes Suzy came with him and sometimes she didn't. I found I was missing her when she didn't show up and finally gave her a call - on some pretext or other - and we ended up with just a lunch date. She eventually started talking about herself a little more and was opening up. She couldn't apologize enough for being "such a little bitch" to me in HS. I merely said, "You should be apologizing" rather than the somewhat cooler truth: I had never really noticed and wasn't bothered about it back then.

But she WAS pretty, even beautiful now and with a much more pleasant personality.

Eventually it developed into a dating relationship. Then finally, sex and a definite exclusive thing between us. Sex with Suzy was incredible. She might have flunked out of college, academically - but she emerged with a graduate degree in "sex". Probably most of it was natural talent - but all of her knowledge and skills couldn't be. I wasn't a virgin, myself - not since my junior year in HS. And I'm SURE being a starter on that football team - and a regional winning squad, at that - had nothing to do with it...and I had had more than a few hook-up encounters with women in the Army. Some of those girls were quite talented themselves. But Suzy was in a whole 'nother league. Maybe out of my league but she always seemed satisfied quite enough with me.

So, despite her parents reluctance, if not outright objections. Susan married me as soon as I was accepted onto the St. Louis County police force. I don't actually remember ever asking her - her more dominant personality traits were re-emerging. Whatever Suzy wants, Suzy gets.

She got pregnant almost immediately and Kimberley, our first daughter was born just about one year after our wedding. Two years later. John James Thornton was born, my firstborn son. Three years later, our second daughter Parker, and finally, 4 years later, little Abigail. All our kids are just average beautiful and normally healthy, thank God. After each birth, Susan had a bit of postpartum depression for a month or 6 weeks. Otherwise, she was just a great mother and loved our kids wholeheartedly. She never worked outside the home - but working IN the home with young kids is hard and worthy work and I never doubted it. After Parker was born, Suzie started the Pill again for birth control, as she had in her senior year of HS and all college.

And her personality seemed to change just a bit. Just not quite as stable and calmly satisfied, day in and day out. By then I was gone from home more than I ever wanted to be. But I was in the TacOps Unit now and training and night shifts and call outs took a lot of time from home life. I don't quite know if she came off the pill purposefully or it just "failed" but she became pregnant with little Abbie and then obviously stopped taking them. After Abbie was born almost 5 years ago, she just got her tubes tied, and nursed Abbie for about 18 months. And then she really started changing.

Our sex life had never been boringly stable. It was always kind of a feast or famine thing. What with my work schedules, and the pregnancies, breast feeding, and running ragged after little kids for her. We both ALWAYS enjoyed sex, when the stars finally aligned properly for us - but sometimes we'd go a whole week without any lovemaking. Then finally spend a glorious 2 hours catching up. Or longer. We both could live with that, I thought.

One real poison she had to deal with was her parent's, Edith and Stanford, and even her sister Janice's opposition to me. Basically, they all hated me. I wasn't good enough for their little Princess and really couldn't afford her. Not keep her in the style THEY had accustomed her too and wanted that, above all else, to continue. Ironically they LOVED their grandchildren that I sort of provided them - but I guess any old sperm donor could have done that - and a RICH sperm donor would have been just so much damn better. Like Janice's older and richer lawyer husband, Todd. I was sure they all gave her money continually - just for her or just to "help out" - maybe monthly. She never said anything and I didn't either. But I didn't like it, much. It was interfering in my marriage and my family.

After Abbie quit nursing, Suzie started taking a whole lot more "me" time for herself. She had never gotten anywhere near "fat" but she had put on a few pounds through all those years of hard work having and raising our beautiful kids. Now she was almost obsessed with getting her "college" figure back. She also started dressing more nicely day in and day out, more care with her makeup and even changing her perfume. And nagging more than ever - actually just nagging period - about how little money I actually brought home vs. all the time I was never there and helping HER. And she needed a damn break. And basically our sex life pretty much ended about six months ago. Like maybe just once or twice that whole time.

One of her "breaks" was just me watching the kids when I was home at night while she finally got to go out with her girlfriends for dinner and drinks, sans kids, and husbands. I could understand most of this. Not quite the whole lack of sex thing, though - especially as she was now back to being beautifully trim and sexy looking with her new "old" college body. Wasn't exercise for both sexes supposed to increase libido? I certainly stayed in shape myself because of my job and training and even periodic physical testing requirements. And I still felt I had a pretty healthy libido and was definitely missing my wife.

And now THIS crapola with Jack?

Fuck. I just checked out for the day - told my Captain I had something personal to do but had my phone and would respond if anything came up.

Then I went home to talk to my wife.

It was close to our normal change of shift time anyway - though I seldom could get home at that time. So I was about an hour early today.

Suzie was all dressed up.

"Oh good, you're home early."

No "honey" or "sweetheart" or even "John".

"Listen, I'm going out tonight and you've got the kids..."

I interrupted.

"Maybe you are and maybe you aren't." I said in my professional voice. Not one she had ever heard before from me.

"What?", she kind of spluttered.

"We need to talk first and you need to tell me what the hell is going on."

Now she got a little defensive and the classic shifty eye thing going on.

"Nothing's going on. I just need a break tonight."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me EXACTLY who you are going to be with tonight and where."

And that's when she just got real red in the face and it blew up. I was blown up. My nice little home blew up.

"All right. I'm meeting Jack tonight and he's buying me dinner like on a date. A real date. And I just might thank him like I thanked so many nice boys in college who treated ME nice. Not like you, you fucking nothing."

"My wife has gone insane." I thought I just said it to myself.

"Don't you say that. Don't you DARE say that to me! I have given you the best years of my life. I've given you EVERYTHING - and what did you give me? Nothing, because you're nothing. Jack is exactly right about you. I'm taking the kids over to my Mom's and I want you moved out of my house when I get back. And you had better be gone. Because I'm bringing Jack back here tonight and screwing his brains out - and I'm finally going to get some good sex myself, for a damn change!"

My wife HAD just gone fucking insane. I wasn't going to let the kids get in the car with her, right now. That was for sure.

I almost whispered just talking to myself, "Charlie was right all along" and that's when she turned purple and called 911 and claimed I was beating her.

Then she called Jack to "come and save me."

My Captain and Brandon showed up right after the patrol car did. Jack was at LEAST smart enough NOT to show up. My wife was blubbering and making all kind of incoherent accusations but obviously there was no signs of any injuries to her.

Captain was sympathetic and just said, "anyone who can look after the kids tonight?"

And as much as I hated it, said - "yeah, her folks."

"Let's get them over here and you should probably just leave for tonight. We can't leave you two together. John, I am so sorry for all this."

"Yeah, me too," is all I could say.

As soon as her mother, Edith, and Janice showed up I tried to talk to my kids but they all looked shell-shocked and kind of scared of me. They were merely thinking that I MUST have done something to Mom.

Yep. Even I thought that. I must have. But I didn't have a clue what...

Brandon offered me his couch but I opted for a motel room. I just wanted to be alone. I missed my family, terribly.

The next day at work I had looked hard at Jack a few times but somehow never caught his eye.

About 4PM I was served with the restraining order. I wasn't allowed within 500 feet of my home, my wife, or my kids.

I grabbed Jack and hauled him off to a private office. Half my team started going for their guns just in reflex of how I looked and acted - but I waved 'em off.

"What the fuck have you done, asshole?"

He looked me in the eye finally and said, "All I did was be her friend. How the hell could you have abused her all those years?"

"Are you insane, too? I never touched Susan like that. Not once. Not even close, even in play."

"Why would she lie to me?" Jack said.

"I don't know. But she has. And if you believe her over me, you are one sad stupid motherfucker and God help us all. Get out of here."

And I sat and considered how to get a lawyer. This was not going to be good.

Basically, just by lying so brazenly and convincingly, backed by her Mom and Dad's testimony as to their own "suspicions" and how they trusted their own daughter "implicitly" and little 12 year old Kimberley being so scared and confused at all this, the restraining order was continued pending further review. Suzie tried to smile in triumph but she actually just looked a little confused herself.

Even my own folks sided with her and looked at me like I was roadkill. I think I heard some "must be PTSD shit, the poor woman" whispering.

About a week later I was served again, divorce papers. And word got back to me Jack was now openly bragging how GREAT sex with Susan actually was. She would do ANYTHING to please him and he was definitely going to tap that ass from here on out and might even marry "it" once she finally dumped me, legally.

********

I retreated into the bathroom then called Jack and talked to him for a long time after John left and Edith and Janice got the kids sorted out. Jack was just really sweet. I had known him for a long time just casually, as one of John's friends from his Army days and now under him on the SWAT squad, but we only got know each other much better starting four weeks ago.

justbobkc
justbobkc
673 Followers