Spellbound Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You steal a lifetime of pleasure?" His voice had lowered almost to a whisper, somehow becoming more intense. She felt suddenly self-conscious.

"Do you not do the same?"

"No! By the gods, no! The exact opposite. I impart the gift of neverending gratification, that they may find immense satisfaction wherever they seek it."

A moment of tense silence struck them as they each processed what the other had said.

"Do you mean to tell me," said Melina, "that there are no negative effects to your victims whatsoever?"

"Well, yes, but not like that!" Vardan ran his fingers through his hair, then placed his hands firmly on Melina's bare shoulders.

"How many?" he growled. "How many people have you done this to?" His lips curled back from his teeth as he spoke.

"You may as well ask me how many flowers I've seen, or how many steps I've taken. I can't keep tally of such things." Vardan's fingernails dug into her skin as his hands squeezed.

"How many!" he demanded, his nose an inch from hers. Melina looked away, thinking quickly.

"I... I don't know. Thousands." He released her shoulders.

"Thousands." His voice was a stunned whisper, while the word hung in the air like a shadow blotting out the sun.

"Thousands!" he yelled in her face. "Demon's cunt, you've stolen the livelihoods of thousands of people? Robbed them of pleasure and lasting relationships... all without a hint of remorse? You don't even view humans beings as people, do you? To you, they're animals! Playthings without lives or emotions of their own!" His volume drew a few curious glances from the street, and he paced in a circle to quiet himself. His rage was palpable.

"Are human beings so meaningless to you? That you would desecrate so many lives without once considering whether it was right to do so?" Melina didn't answer. She'd only begun to consider this during the past couple of days. Vardan seemed to understand her thoughts, and backed away while pointing at her. "You are truly a monster if you are capable of such boundless selfishness, Melina. And I am ashamed to have regarded you so highly." He looked as if he wanted to attack her, but he held his clenched fists close at his side.

"You rightfully deserve whatever that 'Baccus' did to you," he seethed. And then he turned his back to her, and stormed away.

***

Comments and messages are welcome. Any feedback you can provide would be lovely. What did you enjoy? What do you hope to see more of?

Chapter 8 will be posted in 1 week.