Spill The Milk Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Trahi
Trahi
342 Followers

"What if he doesn't adjust?" he asked with his eyes full of sadness and concern stamped across his beautiful features.

I reached out and caressed his face. "I have faith in him. I truly believe that my happiness is more important to him than his discomfort with the situation. Just give him a chance. If he can't accept it... Well... We'll burn that bridge when we come to it."

When Mitch came back to the kitchen, he not only had clean hands, he'd also put on a clean shirt. I couldn't help but smirk. It was something he would have done if my mother had been serving lunch. He certainly wouldn't have done it for just me. It made me wonder if Mitch was thinking of Seth as my wife. I was sure that he was confused as fuck. Which meant that I needed to talk to him soon. Confusion in Mitch led to agitation. Agitation led to anger. And anger, with Mitch, never led anyplace good.

I opened the conversation with, "Mitch says that your transmission is bad."

Seth's mouth dropped open in surprise. "I just had that replaced!"

Mitch looked up sharply from the tower of a sandwich that he was assembling. "When?"

"Three years ago."

"Who did the work?" he asked, scowling.

"Some place out on the highway," Seth replied. "CC's Car Care or something like that."

"Well you got screwed," Mitch responded. "That transmission is twenty years old, if it's a day. Could be all new guts, but I doubt it. Unless you're just a really shitty driver that grinds the gears into dust."

"Oh my God." Seth scrubbed his face with his hands in distress. "That cost me twenty-five-hundred dollars! I don't have that kind of money."

Mitch gave Seth a sympathetic frown and dropped his voice into the comforting cadence that I'd heard him use on his girls when they were upset. "The truck's not really worth what the repairs are going to cost. That's what? A ninety-two? Maybe you should consider replacing it."

"Ninety-one," Seth replied, quietly, while staring at his untouched lunch. "I can't afford to replace it. My dad bought that truck the year I was born. He gave it to me on my sixteenth birthday. It was the only thing that he let me take when he kicked me out of the house."

"Your dad kicked you out of the house?" Mitch asked, shocked.

"I got off pretty easy," Seth continued. "I already had some clothes in the truck because me and some friends had just gotten back from a weekend at the lake. While I was gone, my ex-boyfriend outed me. My parents changed the locks on the doors, and there was a note taped to the front door politely suggesting that I find other living arrangements. They didn't want my degenerate behavior to be an influence on their real son."

"Real son?"

Seth nodded. "My younger brother. I didn't qualify as a son anymore. We were close, and they wouldn't even let me say goodbye."

Mitch looked shell-shocked. "What happened?"

Seth shrugged. "Nothing. I slept in the truck in a field for a couple of days. Then this carnival showed up and made me move. I ended up getting a job there and stayed with them for a couple of years. Then my truck broke down, and I got stuck here."

I gently squeezed his knee under the table. "Eat your lunch, baby. We'll figure it out." Then I turned to Mitch. "What about the pick-and-pull?"

He nodded. "That's a common model. I'm sure that we could get the parts pretty cheap. It's going to take some time, though. I wouldn't suggest that he drive it in that condition. He's liable to get stuck somewhere. He should get a rental."

Seth sighed. "I can't rent a car. I don't have a credit card, and I'm not twenty-five."

"You can use my truck, Seth," I offered. "I'll take Mitch's car. He can bring home the company van."

Mitch shot me a glare, but I didn't think it was about suggesting that he borrow his company van. He'd done that many times whenever he needed another vehicle.

"I can't take your truck," Seth argued. "It's too much, too soon. I can get Corey to take me to and from work. It just means that I won't be able to see you all week."

"We'll figure it out," I promised. "Eat your sandwich, and we'll head out to the scrap yard and see what we can find. Okay?"

"Yeah." Seth sighed and picked up his sandwich as if eating had suddenly become an unwelcomed chore. "Okay."

Mitch was pretty quiet during the rest of lunch and on the trip, but when we were walking through the auto salvage yard, he stopped and turned to me. "Is that what you thought would happen to you?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Did you think that your family would disown you?"

"That's the mild end of the spectrum, Mitch."

"Mild? How is that mild?"

"I've known guys who got beaten," Seth supplied, joining the conversation. "I've talked to guys who had friends that were killed by their families."

"Bruises heal," Mitch replied. "Death is easy. There's nothing worse than losing your family. Your family is supposed to love you unconditionally. That's what family means."

Seth gave Mitch one of his brilliant smiles that, even though it wasn't directed at me, still made me a little weak in the knees. "I'm really happy for your kids that you feel that way. I hope nothing ever happens to change that for you."

Mitch shot Seth a wry smirk. "My girls are awesome. They could grow up to be serial killers and that won't change how I feel about them."

I laughed and clapped Mitch on the shoulder. "And with you as a father, that's a distinct possibility."

"Asshole," Mitch scowled, shoving me playfully.

"Hey! No hitting my boyfriend," Seth interjected. "Hey look! There's a truck!"

Seth scurried off in the direction he'd pointed, and I shrugged at Mitch's arched eyebrow and followed my boyfriend.

**

After dinner, I dropped Seth off at his apartment, where I intentionally had not gone inside to meet Corey. Then I came home and sat on the couch next to Mitch. I handed him a cold beer and said, "You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really."

I sighed and leaned back, propping my still sore foot on the coffee table. "Gonna anyway."

"I've got nothing to say."

"Say it anyway," I retorted.

Mitch huffed and turned back to the game on TV.

I picked up the remote and turned off the set.

"What the fuck?" he roared. "I was watching that!"

"Say it, Mitch," I demanded. "You are obviously having some sort of problem. It's not about Seth. You don't seem to hate him. So spit it out."

"You wanna know what my problem is?"

"Yes."

"Fine," he snarled. "I thought you weren't the chick, man."

I honestly had nothing to say to that.

"Tell me I'm wrong," he barked. "Tell me that you weren't on your knees begging to get fucked like some bitch in heat."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "So you're fine with me being a faggot as long as I'm not the one taking dick up the ass?"

"Fuck!" he shouted and sprang off the couch. "Why? Just tell me why? Make me understand what the fuck it is that makes you want that. Did someone fuck you up as a kid? Is this about Trina fucking you over like that? What?"

"Jesus fucking Christ, Mitch. No. No and no. No one molested me or raped me. No one hurt me. This is just the way I'm wired. I was born this way. I've always liked guys. Always. And Trina never did anything to me. She protected me. She kept my secrets."

"What?" he exclaimed. "She knew? Trina knew about you when we were in high school? You told Trina, but you didn't trust me?"

"This is exactly why I didn't tell you, Mitch. I didn't want to lose my best friend. I'm the same person that I was yesterday and the day before and for the last twenty years. I haven't changed. The only thing that's changed is that you know more today than you did before."

"If you thought that I'd stop loving you because you liked guys, you don't know me at all!" he shouted.

"Then what the fuck are we fighting about?" I yelled back.

He just stood there, staring at me, for a good five minutes. Then he plopped back on the couch beside me. "Give me the damn remote," he ordered. "The game's on."

I got bored enough with the game to go to bed. Which was about fifteen minutes later, after absolutely nothing had happened. Watching baseball was about as thrilling to me as watching paint dry. I got up and crossed the room. "Just for the record," I left as a parting shot. "I was not on my knees."

**

Trahi
Trahi
342 Followers