Spirit Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sjmhmttep
sjmhmttep
12 Followers

After a few moments, he knew she was dead for sure, and began the task of cutting up her body, and sliding the parts into the garbage bags, and then sliding those same garbage bags into the suitcase.
He worked thinking everything was going great, but he forgot to lock the front door. He heard a knocking on the door. Oh, shit He thought frantically, as he quickly rinsed the blood off of his hands. He shut the water off just as he heard the door open, and someone walk in.
"Janet, are you home? It's Jaline Hey, you left your door open " She yelled out as the front door closed on its own behind her. She must have thought something was wrong finding the front door unlocked, and Janet's mail scattered all over the floor. "Janet, are you all right?"
Jason had snuck out of the bathroom, and around the hall, as Jaline came towards the bathroom.
"Janet, are you in the bathroom?" Jaline said as she approached the door to the bathroom, which was partly open with the light on.
Really panicking now, Jason quickly looked for a weapon to take her out with. He saw a white phone sitting on a coffee table, and quickly disconnected the white phone cord from the body with the receiver still hooked on.
Jaline slowly stepped to the bathroom door, her feet must have been feeling like lead inside her brown leather boots, sensing now that something was wrong. She pushed the bathroom door wide open, and said, "Janet, I'm coming in."
Even though she must have expected something to be wrong, she definitely was not expecting the sight she saw before her now. A half cut up body, surrounded with blood, inside the bathtub, and a suitcase on the floor full of black garbage bags in the shapes of the missing body parts. Her breath must have now been trapped inside of her. Her woman's blue jeans and fancy white and blue cowgirl styled shirt must of, in that moment, now seemed to be on way to tight. Finally signs of the air being released and returned back into her body could be seen by Jason as he snuck his way up behind her. Jaline failed to realize he was even there, as she took in the horror of the grizzly scene before her, and the information slowly sunk home to her now slowly working brain. She was about to scream, Jason was for sure of it, when the phone cord in Jason's hands had found their target around her throat. The caged beast inside of him had found its way out again.
"Stupid blond, you have the wrong number " Jason screamed as he slammed her to the floor and pulled on the cord with all of his might until she was unconscious as well.
Quickly this time, he went and locked the front door, and then dragged her to the tub as well and cut her throat open, just as she was beginning to come to, like he did Janet's. This time he took no pleasure in the kill at all, but instead had a deep worry that someone else would come looking for Jaline, the blond stranger he had never known, but had to kill in order to protect his dark secret. After an intense hour of worrying if somebody else would come knocking on the door looking for either of the women, while he busily did his gruesome work, he finally finished. He had cut up the bodies, placed them into now two suitcases, and hauled them separately to his car's trunk. No one was around or saw him to his relief. He went back upstairs only long enough to clean out the bathtub, and lock the door, taking Janet's keys with him, which he had dug out of her front jogging suit pocket, as he had been doing his nasty bit of work.
The long drive, to where the other body was, left him with time to think about how this had all gone from a smooth operation, to being shot all to hell. All because he had forgotten to lock Janet's fucking front door. He had no idea where this stupid blond bitch, Jaline, lived, though he thought she probably lived close by because she didn't have a purse with her. He didn't think she was married, but even though she didn't have a wedding ring on, that didn't exactly mean there wasn't a man in her life, or for that matter, another girl with the times we lived in today.
After much personal debate, he decided he would just leave Jaline's things alone, because if he went asking around about where she lived, and tried breaking into her house, it might stir up way to much attention to himself, but he would sell and get rid of Janet's things tomorrow. Hopefully, no one would show up as he did so, looking for the blond. If they did, he would tell them he hadn't seen her, and they may just make her a missing person, which happened all the time in a city like this one. He would use the same cover story he used when he sold Michelle's things, for when he sold Janet's things, and hopefully a boyfriend or husband, who had been away didn't happen to show up. This time he thought it should really work, as long as the police didn't show up to investigate the sudden disappearances of the two women.
He had finally arrived at the same spot where he had buried Michelle. He began to dig two more separate holes kind of spread out from the other one, in which Michelle's body was buried. While he dug he did a lot of serious thinking, and the more and more he thought about it, the more and more he realized how he had went into these last two killings without any sort of thinking or real planning. He didn't really know anything at all about Janet, much less the stupid wondering nosey ass bitch of a blond, Jaline. This had been really sloppy. He was now worried that he was bound to be caught because there was to many unknowns about all of this operation.
It took several hours of digging to finally bury the bodies of the two women, and when he was through he went straight home, and fell right to sleep. The next day, he reluctantly went back and began selling all of Janet's things. Opting instead to see his flawed plan through to the end, instead of taking the cowards way out. About half way through this doomed venture to his dismay, though not at all really surprised, but rather half expecting it, was when the police showed up.
They had arrested him on the spot, even though he tried to use his cover story. They told him that this wasn't the first time a lady had disappeared around him, and that a witness has evidence to prove it, and then read him his Miranda rights, thus shutting him up through the long drive to the police station, and through the booking process.
* * * *
He had no idea who the witness was, but if they had figured out about the first woman he had killed, Michelle, then they probably had enough evidence to convict him of all three murders. He was expecting to get fried in the electric chair, but he vowed to himself and to God, Almighty, that he would not convict himself, and that they would have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to get him.
Sweat continued to pour down his face, as he kept praying to God to help and forgive him, and made another vow to never do anything like this ever again. He was still praying to God to help him, and constantly wrestling with the mental pictures of his disgusting crimes forever engraved in his mind's eye, an hour later, when the guards came to take him to the court room for his trail.
* * * *
Thirty minutes later, after a very reluctant trip to the court room, where he stood for trail, the case was finally brought to light in the courtroom.
The two arresting officers were there, Deputy Mockery and Deputy Martin, who presented the judge with a file folder of the case and evidence. The judge, Judge Leroy H. Patterson, at least that's what the plaque said on the front of his podium, was a large husky black man looking to be about in his late forties or early fifties if Jason had to guess. He took the folder presented to him and started going through it.
The evidence was simple. Other than what the police had gathered, there was only one witness to the crimes. It was an old lady, by the name of Mrs. Witherspoon.
Apparently, she didn't actually see him murder anyone, but she told of how Janet had came to her with suspicions about how Michelle had disappeared, and then Janet herself had disappeared, and then to top it all off Mrs. Witherspoon then saw him taking all of Janet's things the day he was arrested. To Mrs. Witherspoon's old senile mind it must have been an open and shut case, but unfortunately for her, this was a court of law, and there was no real evidence here, just circumstancaul.
Seeing an opportunity opening up to be free, Jason stood fast to his claim that Michelle went to go visit relatives in Washington State, and that Janet went there to go live with her. They both had given him permission to sell their things, and send them the money in the mail. Unfortunately, however, he had lost their address in Washington state in all of this confusion, but that the girls should soon be calling him at anytime to see how his progress was coming, that is if they haven't already.
The judge quickly decided that there wasn't enough evidence to prove murder without leaving a shadow of a doubt, and to bring it before a jury trail, but that there was enough evidence, however, to convict him of grand theft.
The judge took all of this into consideration, as he looked at Jason's clean record up until now. For a moment he thought long and hard on this, and then finally, he came to a decision.
"Will the defendant, Jason Chambers, please rise to receive sentencing." The judge spoke, as Jason Chambers rose to his feet silently praying to God that this would work. "In light of this situation, I have come to a decision. Jason Chambers, I find you guilty of grand theft. Since your record is pretty clean up until now I will place you under house arrest and probation for two years. However, I am leaving this case open. If the women in question show back up, and contest to your story, the charges will hereby be dropped, however, if the bodies of the women are found, or sufficient evidence is brought to light that foul play was involved on your part, this case will be brought back into this court to be retried. Do you understand this ruling?"
"Yes, your honor." Jason said meekly.
With this Jason was to report to his house, where an officer would be there shortly to make sure he was there. He caught a cab after he got his things from the jailer, and began the long ride home with a mixed feeling of relief and regret.

Next Fragmented Pieces, Book One, Chapter Two, A Special Night, will take us back to Steven "Shadow" MacGraw, and what he does on a night off from work. Coming home after a case, and on a special pagan night, he relaxes, and we are taken into how he casts a Wiccan circle.

File #: 16
Character Star Power: 2
Name: Judge Leroy Henry Patterson
Aliases: None
Nick Names: None known. (Would you make fun of a judge?)
Legal Status: Judge
Allegiance: The U.S. Legal Justice System
Sub-Groups: None.
Rank: Judge.
Occupation: Judge.
Known Relatives: Wife, three kids (2 boys and a girl), and to many others to list here.
Birth Date: March 14, 1964
Birth Place: Seattle, Washington
Height: 6' 2
Weight: 345 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Black
Attitude: No nonsense, but usually fair in his trails.
Known Powers: None.
Equipment: Typical Judge stuff, Judge's robe, gavel, podium, really nice car, and huge house.
Known Skills: Legal proceedings and judge.
Limitations or Weaknesses: Mortal.
For More Info. See: None, really, but if you want to know more about how real judges are feel free to search for that information.
History: Judge Patterson is only a minor character in this particular story. He will appear here at the beginning and later towards the end there is going to be a minor mention of him, but other than that there are no real plans for him. He might be in other storylines, but as for now there is no actual plans for him to do so.

sjmhmttep
sjmhmttep
12 Followers
12