Split in Time Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So if you only just recently met Wolfgang why do you carry his family name?" Tharon asked, he was a 'young' flight leader at three hundred years old and had only replaced his father recently. He had all the colouration and features of a white Arabian horse, intricate tattoos covered part of his chest, and his entire left arm.

"Because I am from an alternate universe where I am mated to Wolfgang." She told him honestly.

"Bull shit," a vampire said.

"Yeah I wish." Amy said with a slight smile, "Where I am from none of the last twenty years happened. No genocide, in fact the opposite, humans and non-humans are friends. Vampires can go to blood banks and buy blood. Were can shift and humans barely batter an eye lid. Da'Vaila can fly around and no one cares. Centaurs can run tattoo parlours in their true forms and they are busier than ever. Elementals are encouraged to practise their magic in the open. There are non-humans in the FBI and there is a non-human department, there is also a non-human Senator... me." She told them and watched them look at her with disbelief.

"Don't believe me?" Amy asked and got nods. "Okay, I'll show you. I doubt that you will be able to doubt my own memories." She told them. "I need you all to open your minds and let me in."

Everyone glanced around for a few moments but they all eventually closed their eyes and let down whatever mental shields they had going. Amy's awareness was already waiting for them and when the last person opened themselves for her, she drew them all into her mind.

*

Twenty minutes later Amy opened her eyes as she released the minds of the other leaders, she had left nothing behind. They had seen everything, from the first moments after she woke from the plane crash; her mating; the time hop; everything up until this morning as they already knew what had happened this morning.

Everyone glanced around a little disorientated as Amy's memories were still very strong in their minds. Wolfgang's and Dominic's eyes met as they suddenly knew and understood what Amy had said just yesterday. They then turned their attention to Sage who looked dumbstruck; she was still trying to process the fact that in that other world she had watched her mother die and the strange relationship she had with both of her families. Sage felt arms hold her from behind and knew it was her mother, offering her comfort.

Amy waited and let everyone digest what she had seen. Slowly but surely the focus of everyone turned back to Amy. They couldn't refute her memories, her world was too drastically different to be a thing of fiction, the events she showed them weren't fantastical, some of them were just too... every day and mundane which made it easier to believe that she was in fact from another universe and not insane.

"You want to fix this world?" Destiny asked and wondered why she wasn't in Amy's memories, a few vampires were but she and Crystal weren't.

Amy nodded, "yes."

"What do we need to do?" Terri asked her accent making her a little hard to follow.

"I'm sorry," Tamor said, his paranoid personality coming forward. "But are we believing her?"

Destiny took a deep breath; she was used to pushing this pigheaded paranoid man into action. "Whether we believe her or not her purpose is to end the madness and bring us closer together which will only make us stronger."

"So what do we do?" Garnet asked, she wanted that world, a world of peace and goodwill, if her mate wasn't in her pack then being friendly increased her chances of finding him.

"First we have to fix what aggravated all this." Amy told them.

"I don't understand? What aggravated this?" Ghan asked.

Amy took a deep breath; again she had kept this from her memories as they simply hadn't needed to know that, they had needed to see her world. Now they needed to know about it, "in my universe Luna has a son," the Were in the room gasped in shock. Their beloved goddess, the person they sung to when they ran free, the woman who gave them their powers and ability to shift skins having a child, even the thought of it was beyond imagination. "Who became friends with Ghan and suggested the first ever Alpha gathering. With that gathering more were organised, the Alphas started working together until eventually they signed a treaty, their borders were solidified, raiding was forbidden and the infighting stopped." She said giving them a brief rundown of what happened in her world and an understanding of what was needed to fix this world.

"We've got to stop fighting each other. If we can't get along then how can we expect the humans to get along with us?" Amy told them after letting them digest that for a minute.

"We haven't been fighting each other," Nancy said, "at least not for the last twenty years."

"Because you have been trying to keep your people safe," Amy stated, "that's not good enough, if I fix this world it has to be fixed completely."

"What makes you so sure you can fix this world?" Tamor said sullenly, he hadn't like how Destiny had rebuked him earlier.

Amy rolled her eyes, "forgetting my memories already, I fixed my world, I'm sure I can fix this one. But like in my world I can't do it on my own I need all of you to help."

"And what if this world isn't worth fixing?" Tamor asked.

Destiny turned and hissed at him having had enough of his negative attitude, "there are good people here, good humans who don't want this, who never wanted this. What right do we have to deny them a chance at a free life, free of this madness?" She argued.

"Someone has to start the process of healing," a Fae said, her long wings fluttered a little as she floated mind air. "So we start it, but the humans have to help too, we can't do it all."

"Tamor," Destiny said as she fixed her eyes on him, "same rules as the conclave, if you don't have something constructive to say, don't say it. Keep your paranoid argumentative opinions to yourself."

Tamor went to open his mouth.

"Can it," Arianna added.

"I was just going to say why invite me if you don't want to hear what I have to say?" Tamor asked.

"Because the rules say the entire conclave has to be here since this is a species decision. Doesn't mean we have to listen to you..." Arianna growled.

Tamor went to open his mouth.

"Do it..." Destiny said rising a little, "open your mouth and say something." She dared, "remember what I did the last time you didn't keep your trap shut?"

Tamor crossed his arms and sat back in his chair like a petulant child who had just been told off, which he had.

Destiny sat and turned her attention back to Amy, "sorry everyone, he has always been like that."

Amy nodded, she understood and decided to ignore Tamor's outburst, "you are right Ariel, but we have to get them to trust us more than they trust the merks."

"Not so hard," Sally said and everyone turned to her. "A lot of groups will be getting annoyed with the merks stomping all over them 'for their own good', taking their women, food and young ones to fight a war that will never end. You will find friends." She said firmly.

"We'll get into that later; right now we have to work through our problems with each other before we even attempt to figure out a plan to deal with the humans." Amy said moving the conversation back to where she wanted it.

****

The first day had been rough on Amy but she had managed to get the Alphas to agree to permanent borders. Ghan was a small note of discord as he wasn't a true Alpha, more like a Beta protecting a small to medium sized family group. But that was quickly brushed aside as Wolfgang offered to take Ghan's entire group, Crystal included, into his own pack if they agreed. They had til the end of the gathering to make a decision. Amy had countered by saying if Ghan wanted to stick it out on his own then he could claim some of the free territory as his own.

Amy rubbed her temples and quickly side stepped into a room. She didn't want to deal with anyone until at least dinner; she went and flopped into a lounge with a grateful sigh she closed her eyes and hoped for a quick nap. She heard the door open and close quietly.

Amy kept her eyes closed hoping that the person would just leave her alone.

"I know you're not asleep." Destiny said with a grin.

Amy opened her eyes and glared at her. "I was hoping to nap."

Destiny shrugged and sat near Amy. "I hope not to be long." She told Amy honestly. "I just wanted to thank you for naming me second chair and ask what will be the agenda for tomorrow?"

"Do I have to think about tomorrow? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around today."

Destiny chuckled, "I can understand your sentiment but if we plan for tomorrow then hopefully we won't have the same problems we had today."

Amy nodded seeing sense in her statement, "how much longer until you succumb to your sleeping pattern?"

Destiny hesitated for a moment, "an hour; two at the most." She answered although that was a lie, she didn't have a sleeping pattern but during the day light hours she rested and read and did other things.

Amy nodded and sat up, "tomorrow I wanted to go about cementing a few laws and getting them to all agree to the bill of rights which was accepted in my world." Amy made a book appear, she flicked through it until she came to the laws, she marked the pages and handed them to Destiny then a small booklet appeared in her hand which she also handed to Destiny.

"If you could read through these it will help, copies will be given to everyone shortly after dinner for them to read before the start of tomorrow's meeting." Amy asked.

Destiny nodded, "do you think there will be any contention with any of the laws or the bill of rights?"

Amy thought for a minute. "Not really, not now... if Roberto hadn't taken out the two Alphas who may have caused a fuss we would have had problems. Most of the Alphas are forward open thinking people, they will see the merit of what is before them and accept it as it will help us grow."

Destiny nodded, "anything I should know about the Alphas, trouble I should be on the lookout for?"

Amy shook her head, "no nothing serious at least, Ari might still be an arse but he is simple to deal with, inform his co-Alpha and she'll smack some sense into him."

Destiny frowned, "co-Alpha?" she shook her head, "I don't understand Were." Amy made a third book appear and offered it to Destiny. "I was asked to write a book about Were culture to help humans gain a little knowledge of our world, to make us more approachable. It should help you as well."

Destiny chuckled, "this reminds me of my first years as a vampire poring over scrolls, leather parchment and slate to learn about being a vampire."

Amy frowned, "surely your creator, your Maker, would be able to teach you that."

Destiny shrugged, "would if I knew who my Maker was, I woke to my new life in a hut, in the middle of nowhere. I didn't know who I was, what I was or what happened to me." She shifted a little, "a Master found me as I struggled, trying to figure out what happened to me, his name was Vlha. He is a strange man, oldest damn Vampire in the world. He claimed he was the first and I don't doubt him. He took me under his wing, although I needed little instruction, I had exceptional control for a new born, Vlha's words not mine. He called me Destiny as he believed that it was destiny that I become a Vampire, as everything came... easily to me."

Destiny paused for a moment, "he then took me to the conclave and that's when I became the chair for the conclave. The strange new born, some of the masters were furious that Vlha had brought me but they came to understand that I wasn't just some ordinary new born. Judas however still distrusts me, although it didn't help that I openly criticised him for what he did to Crystal. Judas was trying to create a super race; fool didn't know it would back fire on him." She finished.

Amy shrugged, "I don't actually know Crystal's story as it hasn't been told to me yet."

Destiny nodded. "I was wondering why Crystal and I aren't in your memories."

"Simple, I have never been to a conclave and Crystal may be a nomad to the best of my knowledge in my universe." Amy answered. "You better go or you'll never get through your reading."

Destiny chuckled as she stood, "preternatural speed and photographic memory, I will have all of these read in minutes."

"Ah but memorising and comprehending are two different things." Amy said as a bell started to be rung. "Dinner time." Amy said as she forced herself up.

"Enjoy the madness." Destiny said with a smile.

"I didn't ever think I would like a Vampire." Amy said, "But I like you, I also like Crystal. You both don't act like normal vampires."

Destiny chuckled, "like I haven't had the masters after me to become more emotionless, to be more like them but since none of them are my maker they can't control me or tell me what to do."

"Do you have a maker? Would you know them when you finally met them?" Amy asked.

"Have to have a maker; someone's blood had to change me." She paused for a moment, "I should feel a draw to my maker but I have no idea what that feeling should be. I've met every vampire old enough to have sired me and have felt nothing beside natural curiosity."

Amy nodded, "I would help you but again, I'm figuratively blind here, I have no idea."

Destiny smiled, "thanks." She turned and left.

Amy sighed as she watched Destiny go, she had hoped for a nap but would just have sleep after dinner. She went to the buffet room and joined the lines. The children were at the front of the line as were the pregnant mates not that anyone would go hungry.

Amy felt arms wrap around her and a face nuzzle into her neck; she tilted her head aside to let Wolfgang kiss her skin. He smiled and nipped at her jaw and pulled her tighter to his body. He moved his lips to her ear, "I want you." he told her.

"Not until after the gathering." She told him firmly.

"I will find your room eventually." He promised.

"Then I won't sleep in my room..." she said simply, "Susan!" She called out and got a hand in the air in reaction, Susan turned to see what Amy wanted as she was further up the line. "I'm sleeping with you tonight."

Susan nodded, "I get the left side and I warn you now I hog the blankets... wait... you found that out last night." She responded and got chuckles from those who were between them.

Wolfgang grumbled and released her knowing that he would have no hope of finding Susan's room. "Not fair." He said into her ear.

"And I told you... after the gathering. Trust me please..." She asked as she turned to him wrapped her arms around his neck. Nodding he leant down to kiss her, he would be patient, she had her reasons for doing it this way. Tip toeing brought her lips to his more firmly, encouraging his kiss with a promise of things to come. Wrapping her up more firmly in his arms, he growled as he devoured her lips, he needed more so he moved his hands down and groped her arse and lifted her a little to ease his neck.

There were good natured chuckles and hints thrown at them until Amy finally broke the kiss. "Trust me." She told him, "after the gathering." She smiled at him, "now put me down... I want food."

There were roars of laughter from those around her.