Spreading Seeds Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JackLuis
JackLuis
147 Followers

Linda nodded, "Oh yes, I've so many questions."

Robin was a little excited, "Oh let me arrange some things, is after dinner good?"

When Amelia nodded, Robin stood, "I'll go spread the word and see where we can find a suitable place." Robin left with only half her plate empty.

Robin hurried off and Jack leaned to me and said, "How about you come talk to the boys, Josh. The Steelheads are wondering too."

I turned to Charlotte and gave her a questioning look. She grinned and nodded. I turned to Jack and said, "Sure."

Denise cleared her throat and Charlotte said, "We all have to pay our respects to the Ambassador, Denise, as Commanding officer you should help answer her questions."

Amelia smiled and said, "I'm a civil engineer too."

Denise looked at Amelia and grinned, "Really, what kind of projects?"

Jack took that as his cue to leave and stood saying, "If you ladies will excuse me I'll gather the boys." He looked at me and said, "I'll get them in our tent, it's as cool a place as we'll find and we'll share a cervesa."

"Sure I'll be there in a minute," I said as Jack nodded to the women and left.

Charlotte passed me her leftovers and smiled at me. "You need seconds?"

I grinned at her and said, "It looks like I'll need all my energy," and accepted her plate.

Amelia looked across the table at Denise, "Well I do hydrology mostly and a lot of it is administrative since our infrastructure is mostly in place. I've been fascinated by what you've accomplished, how long have you been here?"

I finished up Charlotte's plate and heard, the cook yell out, "Seconds, if anybody wants 'em." I nodded to the women and got up to get another plate. While I was kissing the cook, I saw a few young dark haired girls busing the tables, when I got back to the table, I asked Charlotte, "Who are the girls, they aren't Corps?"

Charlotte looked around and said, "No they're subcontractor girls. They live here and keep up the camp when it is not occupied. They hardly speak English, they came from San Diego."

"That's not part of Nor Cal, is it?" Linda asked.

Denise shook her head, "No, most of the area south of the Grapevine is what they call California del Norte, we had to make a deal with them to use the Topock crossing. They claim every thing from thirty five degrees latitude south, so we made an agreement with them that they put in the permanent base and we'd lease space from them. They sent up a few settlers and we helped them but they still have a major challenge to make this place self-supporting."

"Grapevine?" Amelia asked.

Denise nodded and smiled, "It is a pass near Bakersfield at about thirty four, fifty latitude and where we have a trading post at Fort Tejon. Neither Nor Cal or del Norte claim it because it is on the Tejon rancho which was established in the 1700's and rode out the plague. They aren't really aligned with anyone, just want to do their thing, which is mostly cattle and it's too rough for anyone to want to change them."

Amelia asked, "So how many other pockets of humanity are left then?"

Denise looked at Sue, who nodded encouragingly and said, "Near as we can tell there are remnant populations in Central America and we don't know about any others. Del Norte is in contact with Guatemala and trades along the Mexican coast and up into the Gulf of California. There is very little trade on the pacific coast of Baja so San Diego is mostly fishing and water limited agriculture."

Linda and Amelia were smiling. "Go on, we are amazed that there are so many surviving," Amelia said. "Well we haven't been able to receive any radio signals, for what 150 years?" Denise said looking at Sue who shrugged.

Amelia frowned, "You mean you didn't receive our transmissions?"

You have electricity?" Denise asked, aghast.

"Well yes, we use it to power our critical machinery and the vaults, and machine shop, You've seen Maria's shop, Sue? Amelia said grinning.

"And of course the kiln. When the machine shop is running," Linda added.

Sue nodded, "But the transmission of radio waves requires a surviving electronics base?"

Amelia smiled, "Well we do have radio transmitters and we all assumed that they were working. We didn't know that you had radios?"

Denise and Sue looked at each other and something passed between them, "Well we don't have any high powered transmission capability and barely have receivers left," Denise added. She shook her head, "I'm not up on our radio tech, like you I'm a civil engineer. Water projects and road construction mostly. I'm going home to Davis and take up a admin slot. I've spent too much time the bush." She grinned at Amelia and said, "I plan to have another baby and live in Davis from now on."

Amelia grinned, "I'm pregnant too. Do you know Able Drake?"

Denise looked at Charlotte then back to Amelia, "Yes, Mr. Drake is well known in Davis. Why?"

"He's the father."

"Really, congratulations. I've never met him personally, you understand, but I have seen him pointed out to me. Very handsome fellow," Denise said with a wink at Charlotte.

Amelia looked at Charlotte and asked, "Do you know Able, well?"

"He was my Masters adviser, and we worked together on a project or two. He's a great friend. I lost track of him when he took a tour of Redding and just saw him briefly when he passed through Davis on his way to Burney."

"Charlotte is a level nine Mother," I said smiling at Charlotte.

"You have children?" Linda asked frowning.

"No," Charlotte said, "A Mother of the House of Giving."

Amelia smiled at Sue and nodded, "Sue told us a little about the House of Giving. We don't have that sort of institution."

"No?" Denise asked, "Do you just do it in the street?"

Amelia laughed, "No, since the Nor Cal team has been in Burney we.." She blushed and added, "We do it in the bath house, or sometimes at home."

Denise grinned at me and I added, "The Bath house is kind of like the House of Giving, but without warmup girls."

"Warmup girls," Linda asked.

Charlotte frowned at me and smiled at Linda, "A warm up girl, as Josh calls them is a Mothers Assistant. She sees that the client has a completely satisfactory experience. bathing, hair and copulation."

Linda looked at her, You mean she joins in the, the act?"

Charlotte smiled, "Sometimes the client is satisfied without a man. We do not limit our natures."

Linda and Amelia shared a glance and a grin.

Charlotte turned to me and said, "I passed my tenth levels last month, Josh. Since you've been gone I had to concentrate on something."

I grinned and hugged her, "Wonderful Charlotte, your mother must be very proud."

Charlotte hugged me, "I just wish you had been there. I had to do the whole last chapter."

I held her to my chest and thought about the last chapter of the House of Giving manual and realized that someone else had done things to Charlotte that were only in my fantasies. She was in my arms now, so I concentrated on that.

Linda asked, "What are tenth levels?"

Charlotte smiled at her, "The knowledge of the House of Giving is divided into ten segments. As a girl passes thru them, she had to demonstrate her knowledge and understanding of the teachings of the House."

"Very few women get past the fourth level, there is a lot of psychology in it." Denise said.

Sue nodded, "I'm only third level, but that's fine with me." She grinned at me and laughed.

"So is the 'House' kind of like the men's Kiva?" Linda asked.

Charlotte smiled, "Well, it isn't as closed as the Kiva, but it serves the Goddess, you might say."

Linda laughed and said, "Josh gave me my first religious revelation on the way here."

Charlotte smiled and held my hand, "I taught him every thing he knows. Josh helped me through all my levels, but two. He's a sixth level himself."

Linda asked her, "How many levels in the Kiva?"

"Ten," Charlotte answered, "Able is Tenth level."

Amelia laughed and said, "He certainly is!"

Gloria asked, "So is that how you train your girls? I mean in sex?"

Charlotte nodded, "When a girl turns thirteen she enters the first level and really begins her training. Generally when she's eighteen she's passed her third levels and is free to breed. How do you train your girls?"

Gloria looked at Charlotte and then at Amelia and shrugged.

Amelia said, "We send the girls out on the Goat Trail, at thirteen, and teach them hygiene and they generally start picking things up on their own. We haven't had to worry about sexual issues since our men were sequestered and we practiced artificial insemination. When a girl gets to be about eighteen, she can join the Bahia or the Sisters, sometimes both.

"Sisters," Denise asked.

"The Sisters of Saphos, They are a social organization." Linda said.

"My sister, April, is one of their officers," Amelia said obviously proud of April's standing. "She's an engineer too, an architect really."

Denise smiled, "So these Sisters, are they lesbians?"

"Some are, some just had no alternative, if you know what I mean. Our men have just been released into the greater community. We don't know how that is going to change Burney, but there was a vote and I guess we will see what the future holds. So many things have changed in the last few months," Amelia said seriously.

Charlotte said, "I feel much better about going to Burney. I mean I was a little apprehensive, but I wanted to see Josh again." She squeezed my hand and Linda looked at her strangely.

"Do you, ah, love Josh?" Linda asked tentatively.

Charlotte laughed and kissed me, "Yes, I love Josh." She was looking at me with love then turned to Linda, "Why? Do you love him too?"

Linda blinked and looked between Charlotte and myself and swallowed, "Yes, yes I surely do."

Charlotte hugged Linda and laughed, "Oh welcome to Davis, Linda. Josh's genes are as good as they come. I'm sure your baby will be free of the plague."

Linda held Charlotte and looked at me, then she smiled and hugged Charlotte. "I guess I should be thanking you."

Charlotte held Linda loosely but their breasts were almost touching, "You are perfectly welcome. I've made it my life's work to fight the plague and seeing you and Amelia both pregnant by Kiva boys, well it just is a blessing."

"Kiva boys?" Amelia asked, "That seems a little dismissive of your men."

I laughed, "Yeah we're men, you know."

Charlotte laughed and slapped me playfully, "I know, Josh," she turned to Amelia and said, "A Kiva boy, is a term of endearment really. It means a Kiva man," she looked pointedly at me, "that not only has good genes but really studies his craft. Not all our men do."

Gloria asked, "What do you mean good genes?"

Charlotte smiled at her, "Our men are specially bred to counter the plague, have been for almost twenty generations. Some still can't overcome the plague's effect, about three percent are still effected, but men like Josh are out breeding them."

Linda smiled at me. Gloria's eyes got big and she asked, "So he's a special breed?"

"Yes, don't you think so?" Charlotte asked.

Gloria looked at me and grinned, "Yes, he's treated me wonderfully."

"You said that you were sixteen?" Charlotte asked Gloria.

"Just turned seventeen a week ago."

Charlotte nodded, "Well let me go find someone to show you around." Charlotte got up and went to looking for someone.

Denise leaned toward Amelia and said, "So without Mothers Assistants, ah, you just depend on the man to finish you off?"

Amelia looked a little shocked at Denise's question and just nodded. "I haven't been disappointed."

Denise laughed, "I guess not, what with the Black Drake servicing you."

Amelia looked puzzled, "Black Drake?"

Sue smiled and put her hand on Denise's, "What she means is Able, the "Black Drake" is kind of his nickname."

"Oh," Amelia said.

Charlotte came back with a young looking, small strawberry blond, "This is Marta Johnson, Marta this is Gloria Bitterwater, and the ambassador Amelia De Soto, and Linda Marston. Gloria is the one I was telling you about."

Marta nodded and said, "Pleased to meet you all. Hello Gloria." Marta was smiling and quite pretty.

"I asked Marta to show Gloria around." Charlotte said, "She is a sixth level."

Amelia and Linda were looking like they should be impressed and said, "Congratulations." although I could see they had no idea what Charlotte was up to.

"Gloria, do you want to go with Marta and she will bring you to the meeting, later?" Charlotte said.

Gloria looked up at Marta, stood, then looked at Amelia, "Is it okay, Major?"

Amelia said, "Sure, I'll bet your tired of our talking."

Gloria smiled and said, "I'll see you at the meeting." Gloria took Marta's offered hand and they walked out of the mess tent.

Charlotte sat down and I put my hand on hers, she turned and looked at me. I said, "So is Marta going to teach?"

Charlotte grinned, "Perhaps, I asked her to query Gloria and determine just where she's placed."

"Teach? What?"Amelia asked.

"Why, human sexual response. From what you've described, poor Gloria is way behind. I wanted to get a reading on her placement so we can add that to our paper we're planing on writing to the Mothers about conditions in Burney."

Amelia looked at the door of the tent, "She not going to..." Amelia looked back at Charlotte, "She's only going to talk to her, right?"

Charlotte smiled and said, "Yes, and maybe hold her. We find that cuddling allows a client to be more open sometimes. Marta is more than competent, despite how young she looks."

Linda looked at me and said, "I like cuddling."

Charlotte grinned and hugged her, "I do too, and Josh is a great cuddlier, isn't he?"

Linda looked at Charlotte and smiled, "Yes, yes he is."

I said, "Well I had better go find the men's tent and spread a little sunshine myself."

Charlotte looked up and said, "I'll find you after our meeting."

I kissed her and said, "I won't be hard to find." I also kissed Linda and Amelia before I wandered off to have a beer with the boys.

JackLuis
JackLuis
147 Followers