Stacy Lancaster: Fond Farewell Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go ahead, just leave." He said. "I suppose I should just take your pity and be grateful for it."

She was collecting her things. She moved with jerky precision, eager to get out of the room and return to her husband.

Quietly, almost as if speaking to himself, Phil said, "You really were wonderful though. A goddess. Really. I guess that even a single night with someone like you is a miracle for someone like me."

Stacy was ready to leave. She stood staring at the naked man sitting dejectedly on the bed. There had to be something to say to at least cushion the plummet he seemed to be in. She really did feel pity for him now. Pity is a genuine emotion and it serves a purpose.

"I wish you'd give me some credit, Phil."

"What do you mean?"

"For crying out loud, you're not the first guy to leave the company. Do you think I give everyone a going-away-present like this? Exactly what kind of whore do you think I am?"

He raised his head. "No! I know you're not... I mean... Well, yeah, you took pity on me because I'm so pathetic."

She made noise of frustrated dismissal. "No. I didn't take pity on you. I *like* you Sistack. I'm not blowing smoke up your butt." Not a phrase Stacy really cared for but it was a frequent turn of phrase at the office. "I wanted to spend a fun night with a friend. I bet if you paid closer attention you'd realize there are other people around you that would like to be your friend."

Phil snorted. "Right. Everyone likes Sissy. They're just waiting to be my friend."

Stacy was done. She knew she'd made a mistake and she'd have to live with it. There was no way to fix it now. "Fine. Have it your way. Go live under a rock somewhere if you think that's all you deserve."

She was at the door now. "Good luck at your new job. Try to remember that most people are basically decent. Quit hiding behind your servers and firewalls and just talk to people once in a while."

And with that she was out the door.

12