Stage Fright

Story Info
Artistic horror for the visual mind - without gore.
313 words
4
3.2k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The clouds bear the shadows of night. I hide among them and steal a vision fierce before me. The lunatic dancer wears a hue unknown to my visual palette. The otherworld tuxedo glows in the feeble light. Under his top hat, a masked visage like a corpsed mime. He dances, twirls to sing-song lyrics; the tune remains but the words have been lost long ago. White gloved hands swaying to the demented melody, reach toward the pale moon pregnant with ghastly beams.

Faster he twists, his tattered tails whipping the air. His once glossy shoes pound as in a rage.

Tendrils of moonbeams are his spotlights, the stars his audience... plus me. I watch in horror awaiting the closing refrain. The climax comes upon him – a blur of gaudy tones torment my eyes. His tapping is code to the ghosted ages, too fast to hear in the future.

Dread overtakes me, I gasp aloud.

Quite unexpected, the melody halts. The dancer freezes; so abrupt his stop, the tails lash his body with a whisper. I curse my heart cease beating, lest he hear it.

Dead in his tracks, his fantastical motion stops by nothing greater than a sigh.

I trust I am hidden well by the shadows, by black of night, from the satellite orb aglow in the heavens. His hidden face turns my direction. The clouds glide across the midnight sky, masking the moon with tragic deception and blinding its rays.

Utter blackness steals my breath.


Click. Click. Click.

The taps upon the stage reveal the wraith's focus. Heart's pulsing so severe in my breast, the valves surely give away my place in the room. They whisper,"Here! Here!"

Click. Click. Click.

Putrid odor curls around my head and smothers my wits. Tormented tears well in my eyes, nostrils stifled with airborne pestilence. I dare to sputter in disgust.

Click.

Silence.